Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,466 members, 7,781,347 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:55 PM

A Thread For Mario Puzo's'the Godfather' Fans. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Thread For Mario Puzo's'the Godfather' Fans. (651 Views)

A Thread For The Lovers Of Country Music. / A Thread For The E-warriors / Mario Vargas Llosa’s New Novel “el Sueno Del Celta” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Thread For Mario Puzo's'the Godfather' Fans. by keni315(f): 4:44pm On Aug 13, 2014
If you've ever read ''The Godfather''book,lets discuss,share your best part of the book.
Re: A Thread For Mario Puzo's'the Godfather' Fans. by Nobody: 4:49pm On Aug 13, 2014
Been like ten years I read the book, can't even rem d stories anymore... Maybe I gotta read it again n come back on here
Re: A Thread For Mario Puzo's'the Godfather' Fans. by MightyFortress: 4:50pm On Aug 13, 2014
Read it a coupla years back... Cant remember if i had a favourite part back then but the book had quite an impact on me... Found myself wondering how to begin my own mafia family here or at least start some sort of organised gambling and racketeering!
Re: A Thread For Mario Puzo's'the Godfather' Fans. by alpontif(m): 4:54pm On Aug 13, 2014
That is one of the most socially influential books of all time, I have all puzo books, and all the Godfather movies...I even went out of my way to buy the Original Dvd at 15 Thousand.

It is the Mona Lisa of all movies.

For the book, The part I like best, is that part where Don Colreones Foot soldiers systematically beat up the two boys that messed up Bonasera's Daughter...that description was so graphic one can almost wince in pain at the blows those guys were receiving...
Re: A Thread For Mario Puzo's'the Godfather' Fans. by hushmail: 5:12pm On Aug 13, 2014
read it several years back bt can never these words:

'whenever i hear the love, i reach for my wallet'

good book and a must read
Re: A Thread For Mario Puzo's'the Godfather' Fans. by keni315(f): 6:06pm On Aug 13, 2014
My best part in the book is when sonny beat up his sister's husband.I love the book
Re: A Thread For Mario Puzo's'the Godfather' Fans. by keni315(f): 6:11pm On Aug 13, 2014
I love it that the crime is in the corleone's blood.....when francesca killed her husband and didn't even feel any remorse.....the plan work between her and kathy it was suberb
Re: A Thread For Mario Puzo's'the Godfather' Fans. by Areacode213: 7:32pm On Aug 13, 2014
A torrid read of a novel handed me by an elder brother on a friday evening. Knew no peace of mind till the last page on sunday night, skipping meals & even taking it to church :-) . A weekend to remember.
The Don's sudden death that forced the family enterprise abruptly on a reluctant neophyte was enough shock to drop the novel but i think it's a measure of Mario Puzo's storytelling that the heat instead simply, and credibly, built up from here wit d Don having drilled Michael & Clemenza well enough to reassert the family through a broad plan that unfolded over the coming months with clockwork precision and a bit of luck, of course.
Another 'landmark' novel of teen days along with stuffs like A Stone for Danny Fisher (Harold R.)

His dying words: 'Life is beautiful' :-)

(1) (Reply)

Who Am I? / Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Nominated For Grammyaward With Beyonce / How Free Are The So Called ‘free Gifts Of Nature’ ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.