Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,148 members, 7,780,097 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:35 AM

Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg (62519 Views)

BREAKING: Ebola Victim Dies In Port Harcourt / Breaking News: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg / Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by Leopantro: 7:31pm On Aug 13, 2014
no need to panic, FMOH is on top of the situation.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by Nobody: 7:31pm On Aug 13, 2014
It's high time we had ebola section on nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by kobonaire(m): 7:32pm On Aug 13, 2014
bablononi: people are raining curses on sawyer who didn't even know he had the virus. what can u say about a nurse in your country?smh
What, are you sure about that? Sawyer must have known he was at serious risk of getting the virus
1) He cared for his sick sister in Liberia who had Ebola virus and then when she died he returned to Nigeria
2) His employers knew about the risk and so placed him on leave.
3) The Liberian government had him on "quarantine" yet mysteriously released him to travel to Nigeria.
RIP sawyer but that was VERY reckless on his part of exposing others to the virus. I say so because he was an educated individual and aware of the risks.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by Reference(m): 7:33pm On Aug 13, 2014
And the 'crazy' nurse just had to go home to family after being warned not to under 'quarantine' and.....perhaps killed her whole family and more.....Nigerians. I know that our corrupt nature, dishonesty and inability to obey authority we so despise will be a strong ally to the killer virus. Pity.
H

3 Likes

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by Pataki: 7:33pm On Aug 13, 2014
People who are acclaimed to be quarantined, escaping and traveling across Nigeria. shocked shocked

So Mr. President, who is the mad/crazy one now? lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by cirmuell(m): 7:34pm On Aug 13, 2014
omenka:

This is an "Honourable" Minister of the FRN sounding as clueless as an agbero in a bus park!!!

Seriously, I hate these men!! Tufia!!
When they talk, you see cluelesness in all its glory!!

What is the meaning of "it has not been established"... It has not been "established" that what??

Fvcking degenerate goombahs! angry
lol bro don't kill me with laughter. grin

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by 88natzy(m): 7:34pm On Aug 13, 2014
Our help is from the LORD, who made heaven and earth. (Psalms 124:cool

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by Nobody: 7:35pm On Aug 13, 2014
Is this the attack on the other side of the niger bridge?

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by room089: 7:35pm On Aug 13, 2014
Ghen ghen!!!
Ebola don enter road be dat o!
From Lagos to Enugu na!
Before we kno what's up, e go circulate 360 degrees!

To be in quarantine no be to be in kwara state o!

3 Likes

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by Nobody: 7:36pm On Aug 13, 2014
[size=14pt]I think the Government should open a website listing names of individuals under surveillance and those proven ill. Update the list as often as any changes are recorded. anyone who was previously under surveillance and has being proven Negative to the disease should be given a certificate as proof, He can use that in his defense....Else No one is safe.[/size]

9 Likes

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by mmmustapha(m): 7:36pm On Aug 13, 2014
such a stupid and wicked woman. ebola please stay there don't come to North. typical easterner

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by chibuking1(m): 7:37pm On Aug 13, 2014
Coming from a kid
Richardjemedafe: Full meaning of EBOLA

E – Everlasting

B – Blessings

O – Of

L – Lord

A – Almighty

ON THIS NOTE,

I pray for you that EBOLA will
locate u and ur family this week in Jesus name……
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by gabriel212: 7:39pm On Aug 13, 2014
only God can save us in this mess we find ourselves. you aren't sure of yourself let alone your neighbours in this hustle bustle of lagos state coz all we hear is quarantine yet the alien had been transported to the east and ow are we sure the north had not been infected?

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by otokx(m): 7:39pm On Aug 13, 2014
Nigerians normally do not like instructions, rules are created only to be broken. FG too is not taking the matter seriously.

3 Likes

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by 88natzy(m): 7:40pm On Aug 13, 2014
The nurse ran from total annihilation and mercy killing. Our health officers should provide answers to her escape to " Coal city"

Our help is from the LORD, who made heaven and earth. (Psalms 124:cool
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by Richardjemedafe(m): 7:40pm On Aug 13, 2014
hensben: How is this funny? I am very sure you are not a christian.

Mind what you say/type mr...you have been warned.

Get out do I look like a comedian?? This is no comedy but prayer from my heart
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by Forwetinnah: 7:40pm On Aug 13, 2014
Hope they included the passengers in the vehicle she boarded from Lagos to Enugu too?

4 Likes

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by Isiterere(m): 7:41pm On Aug 13, 2014
MaziOmenuko: Still not out of country control: at least the 21 secondary contacts have been located and placed under supervision.

This ebola u people are sharing.... Chai!!!
what of those she had contact with within Lagos (various buses/cab, bus stop, even the park where she board transport en route Enugu )

Ebola is here finally , if I should forgive Mr Patrick Ebola Sawyer , I won't forgive this lady for the fact that she's a nurse

ALL IZZ WELL

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by ceejayluv(m): 7:42pm On Aug 13, 2014
doctokwus:
U miss an essential point,and dat is,how can a woman who was under QUARANTINE,escape all d way to lagos.Her reaching enugu alone,from lagos is scary enuf.But it also implies d possibility dat d govt maynot av bn tellin us all d whole truth as per having either traced all contacts or quarantined all traced.That my friend is a scary thought
She wasn't under quarantine... just on observation. She was to report to a designated centre frequently but she defaulted... It's until one tests positive that they can be quarantined
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by prince133(m): 7:42pm On Aug 13, 2014
Chai...ebola no go touch me and my family ooh

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by prince133(m): 7:42pm On Aug 13, 2014
Chai....nafa nawa namuso...ebola no go touch me and my family ooh

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by adorable29(f): 7:44pm On Aug 13, 2014
chukwuma101: Lol. I laugh at our govt. Even when utmost seriousness is needed and you think they won't flop, they will surprise you. If it wasn't our fault that Sawyer came into Nigeria, whose fault was it that the nurse travelled to Enugu? Knowing the severity of this disease, could they not have attached security to her or quarantined her. Its unfortunate.

Infact eh! This people are terrible! Every man should just protect himself cos the govt is as incompetent as they come! FEW people, they can't CONTROL or HANDLE! Then I wonder, I trully trully wonder what they will do if God forbid, there is an epidemic!

My 10year old cousin knows that every primary contact should immediately be isolated and not allowed to go anywhere for at least 21 days! This is an issue of natural security! Now 21 pple are being watched cos of 1 person! They probably don't understand geometric progression!

This country is unbelievable!

4 Likes

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by henryobinna(m): 7:44pm On Aug 13, 2014
Richardjemedafe: Full meaning of EBOLA

E – Everlasting

B – Blessings

O – Of

L – Lord

A – Almighty

ON THIS NOTE,

I pray for you that EBOLA will
locate u and ur family this week in Jesus name……
you must be daft

5 Likes

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by nerodenero: 7:44pm On Aug 13, 2014
...and in the event that the Evil Nurse boarded public transport

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by suco50(m): 7:45pm On Aug 13, 2014
Giannakopoulos: FG quarantined her and she could still travel,then the word "quarantine" has to be redefined to us by this our unserious FG.
Watch it closely bro, you'll find out the real virus in Patrick Sawyerr is the one at work; Sawyerr too was quarantined but still managed to travel to Ngr. Victims now are acting like vampires!

4 Likes

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by Forwetinnah: 7:45pm On Aug 13, 2014
kobonaire:
What, are you sure about that? Sawyer must have known he was at serious risk of getting the virus
1) He cared for his sick sister in Liberia who had Ebola virus and then when she died he returned to Nigeria
2) His employers knew about the risk and so placed him on leave.
3) The Liberian government had him on "quarantine" yet mysteriously released him to travel to Nigeria.
RIP sawyer but that was VERY reckless on his part of exposing others to the virus. I say so because he was an educated individual and aware of the risks.

RIP ke...? There'll be no rest wherever his vindictive soul is angry

3 Likes

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by Classicalman(m): 7:46pm On Aug 13, 2014
Giannakopoulos: FG quarantined her and she could still travel,then the word "quarantine" has to be redefined to us by this our unserious FG.
SO THIS WAS HOW SAWYER ESCAPED QUARANTINE NI?

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by back2sender: 7:46pm On Aug 13, 2014
kwis: [size=14pt]I think the Government should open a website listing names of individuals under surveillance and those proven ill. Update the list as often as any changes are recorded. anyone who was previously under surveillance and has being proven Negative to the disease should be given a certificate as proof, He can use that in his defense....Else No one is safe.[/size]
Nigerians are stubborn people and the WHO policy in managing Ebola used in ugnada, Zaire model cannot work here. Our population is just too much and the migration rate is very high. So the quarantine method of just giving them thermometer to monitor thier temperature at home cannot work here. There was even a guy that slept on the same bed with a primary contact that exhibits the symptoms and was advised to lay low and be under observation. The guy refused saying he has to be at work and that he had just a night contact with the person .They both shared a bed . This are not hear say but hard facts on what is going on I can't divulge more . Practice safe personal hygiene

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by Osama10(m): 7:47pm On Aug 13, 2014
Which kind of country is this?

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by galaxy52(f): 7:47pm On Aug 13, 2014
mcino: Shaking my head for some ignorant posts here. There is no Ebola in Enugu. The woman is just on observation facility for having primary contact with the evil sawyer. It is not said anywhere that she has tested positive to it. Besides, it is only when the person has tested positive and is already down with it that he can infect others. Even if TNG woman later tests positive, she might likely not have given it to anybody.
u r an educated somebody! U talk sometin here.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by eunisam: 7:47pm On Aug 13, 2014
should i be afraid? Oh no the lord is my protector
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by hensben(m): 7:48pm On Aug 13, 2014
Richardjemedafe:

Get out do I look like a comedian?? This is no comedy but prayer from my heart
Then you need to be Quarantine of EVD.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Nigeria Using Remdesivir To Treat COVID-19 Patients - Ehanire / Nigerians Clearing Out Chloroquine From Stores After Trump's Comment / Nigerian Air Force Female Officer Commits Suicide In Lagos Military Base

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.