Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,194 members, 7,807,659 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:56 PM

A Thread For Education Students And Graduates - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / A Thread For Education Students And Graduates (3037 Views)

Project Topics & Materials 4 Social&management Science, Arts &education Students / National Open University Of Nigeria Law Students And Graduates. / Trailer Kills 3 Federal College Education Students Osiele, Abeokuta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Thread For Education Students And Graduates by KillerBeauty(f): 5:46pm On Aug 13, 2014
This thread is dedicated to all education students and graduates be it NCE, B.ED, BSC.ED, BA.ED or M.ED.

For the students

Did you apply to study a course in education?
How are you enjoying your course?
Do you feel embarassed by the idea that you are studying an education course?
Do you have any intention of becoming a teacher/lecturer?
What area of education are you studying?

For the graduates
What are doing with your B.ED certificate?
Are you working as an educator or have you switched to other areas of study?
How was your life in school?
Are you proud of been an Educator?
Do you encourage others to go into your line of study?

Let the discussion begin

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Education Students And Graduates by dejt4u(m): 6:11pm On Aug 13, 2014
KillerBeauty: This thread is dedicated to all education students and graduates be it NCE, B.ED, BSC.ED, BA.ED or M.ED.

For the graduates
What are doing with your B.ED certificate?
Are you working as an educator or have you switched to other areas of study?
How was your life in school?
Are you proud of been an Educator?
Do you encourage others to go into your line of study?

Let the discussion begin

For the graduates
What are doing with your B.ED certificate? NOTHING YET

Are you working as an educator or have you switched to other areas of study? NOT YET but planning to switch

How was your life in school? Stressful nd very interesting..science edu no be beans ooo my sister..

Are you proud of been an Educator? Yes

Do you encourage others to go into your line of study? Yes

tag: STENON, Adebayour26, Kuderrich

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Education Students And Graduates by deife(m): 6:54pm On Aug 13, 2014
@KillerBeauty: I read Education/English. I must confess that's not my original intention. As Providence would have it, I ended up studying the aforesaid course. It wasn't easy though. There were challenges here and there. I did remember then that some of my contemporaries who read English in the Faculty of Arts made jest of us. We kept the faith and today I can tell you that I'm grateful to God. I'm a teacher with 6 digit monthly salary aside from other things I do to make more money. Today, some of my university mates then after looking for the elusive "office job" without getting employed now want to teach. Unfortunately they have to go back to school for a post graduate diploma in education.

Last Bullet: Be faithful to God. Strive for excellence. Study hard and come out with a good degree and then all will be well. Cheers.

8 Likes

Re: A Thread For Education Students And Graduates by KillerBeauty(f): 7:06pm On Aug 13, 2014
deife: @KillerBeauty: I read Education/English. I must confess that's not my original intention. As Providence would have it, I ended up studying the aforesaid course. It wasn't easy though. There were challenges here and there. I did remember then that some of my contemporaries who read English in the Faculty of Arts made jest of us. We kept the faith and today I can tell you that I'm grateful to God. I'm a teacher with 6 digit monthly salary aside from other things I do to make more money. Today, some of my university mates then after looking for the elusive "office job" without getting employed now want to teach. Unfortunately they have to go back to school for a post graduate diploma in education.

Last Bullet: Strive for excellence. Study hard and come out with a good degree and then all will be well. Cheers.

Truth Ur story is very inspirational. Thumbs up dear
Greater things in store 4 u

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Education Students And Graduates by deife(m): 7:52pm On Aug 13, 2014
KillerBeauty:

Truth Ur story is very inspirational. Thumbs up dear
Greater things in store 4 u

Thanks Beautiful! I say a big amen to your prayer. And thanks for visiting my thread.smiley
Re: A Thread For Education Students And Graduates by opeano(m): 7:17am On Aug 14, 2014
happy to be here.

I wrote Jamb only twice and put in for Education the two times. The first Jamb i wrote, I got 253, many people envied me cos I was the best student during graduation from secondary school. I was only unfortunate to get admitted to LASU probably cos I dont av long leg, my second Jamb gave me 235 and I sought admission into Adekunle Ajasin Univ, akungba akoko to study Educational management, with no Long Leg, my name came out on d merit list after getting 63 in post jamb(the best score for education applicants)
among about 50admitted into my department, only about 5 choosed Educational management @jamb level, and many admitted still went on year after year to write Jamb, a frd of mine in same department wrote Jamb and post jamb of other schools till he graduated.
I av simply enjoyed being an education student as well as being a graduate.
Presently I learn Fashion desighning as well as engage in coaching for students and i earn as little as 5k evry weekend here in Ibadan. Its been something lucrative I engaged myself in while awaiting Masters degree application to be confirmed.
I encourage people, to study education cos it has a future
will share more as i find it necessary

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Education Students And Graduates by adebayour26: 12:17pm On Aug 14, 2014
dejt4u:

O'boy, Thanks for bringing me to this thread. Honestly, I won't deny d fact that being in Education is undoubtedly an amazing experience & knowledge impacting course. It cut across different spheres of life.

Would I forget d relationship between Spartan Educatn & d movie titled: 300.

Education is d best!!!

Am proud to av studied Education & I'll always be proud of that.

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Education Students And Graduates by kuderrich: 8:03pm On Aug 15, 2014
dejt4u:

For the graduates
What are doing with your B.ED certificate? NOTHING YET

Are you working as an educator or have you switched to other areas of study? NOT YET but planning to switch

How was your life in school? Stressful nd very interesting..science edu no be beans ooo my sister..

Are you proud of been an Educator? Yes

Do you encourage others to go into your line of study? Yes

I'm very proud to be an educator, it afford m a gr8 opportunity to impact life,to make people realize dat they can rily become wat they desire. It create an enabling environment for me to experiment,demonstrate and compete favourably wit others. It made me to understand d words of socrates dat says "rather than sin being bad,it is regarded as an act of ignorance and such person needs education. This as been prt of me and it will forever be. If u wnt to be vast and updated at all time, education is d right place for you. D best prt is dat, u have double chance in d labour market. I'm a chemist and at dsame time an education.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Education Students And Graduates by PRIXPAL(f): 1:25pm On May 07, 2015
tongue
Re: A Thread For Education Students And Graduates by lucksonlight(m): 11:47pm On May 21, 2015
Grt NUESA... I rep sci. Edu(bio opt)...unizik
Re: A Thread For Education Students And Graduates by adebayour26: 12:08pm On May 22, 2015
lucksonlight:
Welcome on board
Re: A Thread For Education Students And Graduates by lucksonlight(m): 6:24pm On May 23, 2015
adebayour26:

Welcome on board
Re: A Thread For Education Students And Graduates by lucksonlight(m): 6:25pm On May 23, 2015
adebayour26:

Welcome on board
pls can u introduce urself?
Re: A Thread For Education Students And Graduates by Nobody: 8:23pm On May 23, 2015
Proudly a Nueselite....... Though
Re: A Thread For Education Students And Graduates by Lescott7(m): 8:58pm On May 23, 2015
I'm a NUESITE,Ekiti state university chapter planning to be the next Nuesa treasurer.First thing first,I didn't apply for the course am studying(Business education) but after some period I developed a great interest in it and thank God I am in 200l now with CGPA of above 4points. Education is a great discipline, am happy to be an educator and I want to be a lecturer.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Education Students And Graduates by Nobody: 10:46pm On May 23, 2015
deife:
@KillerBeauty: I read Education/English. I must confess that's not my original intention. As Providence would have it, I ended up studying the aforesaid course. It wasn't easy though. There were challenges here and there. I did remember then that some of my contemporaries who read English in the Faculty of Arts made jest of us. We kept the faith and today I can tell you that I'm grateful to God. I'm a teacher with 6 digit monthly salary aside from other things I do to make more money. Today, some of my university mates then after looking for the elusive "office job" without getting employed now want to teach. Unfortunately they have to go back to school for a post graduate diploma in education.

Last Bullet: Strive for excellence. Study hard and come out with a good degree and then all will be well. Cheers.
seriously? Where do u work?
Re: A Thread For Education Students And Graduates by Nobody: 10:48pm On May 23, 2015
lucksonlight:
xame here but I'm in Delsu.
Re: A Thread For Education Students And Graduates by deife(m): 8:33am On May 24, 2015
Wininiel:
seriously? Where do u work?
Like serzly. Lekki.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Education Students And Graduates by lucksonlight(m): 6:39pm On May 24, 2015
Wininiel:
xame here but I'm in Delsu.
which course nd option?
Re: A Thread For Education Students And Graduates by Nobody: 11:03pm On May 24, 2015
deife:

Like serzly. Lekki.
hmmm. That's a good one.
Re: A Thread For Education Students And Graduates by Nobody: 11:06pm On May 24, 2015
lucksonlight:
which course nd option?
bio. Education
Re: A Thread For Education Students And Graduates by lucksonlight(m): 11:35pm On May 24, 2015
Wininiel:
bio. Education
dats kul. So wats up hw is d course like?
Re: A Thread For Education Students And Graduates by deife(m): 4:26am On May 25, 2015
Wininiel:
hmmm. That's a good one.
smiley Wininiel, what do you do?
Re: A Thread For Education Students And Graduates by Nobody: 7:39am On May 25, 2015
deife:

smiley Wininiel, what do you do?
still a student at delsu studying bio. Education
Re: A Thread For Education Students And Graduates by Nobody: 7:43am On May 25, 2015
lucksonlight post=34066407]dats kul. So wats up hw is d course like?[/quote] I'm just in 100l so for now I'm just taking general courses
Re: A Thread For Education Students And Graduates by deife(m): 10:22am On May 25, 2015
Wininiel:
still a student at delsu studying bio. Education

Okies. Wish you all the best.
Re: A Thread For Education Students And Graduates by Nobody: 3:34pm On May 25, 2015
deife:

Okies. Wish you all the best.
THANK YOU...
Re: A Thread For Education Students And Graduates by dejt4u(m): 7:31pm On May 25, 2015
Holla fellow colleagues..
Re: A Thread For Education Students And Graduates by gunners160(m): 8:01pm On May 25, 2015
Hmm,I read every comment here and seriously they re all nice and inspiring.AS 4 ME,I dnt like anything called"teaching"in fact, I remenbered the day I saw my name on d admssion board I saw "Counselling Psychology" I was snorty dat day.I tried all I could to change the course bt no way so I had no option than to go with the course. I was encouraged by my mum to continue in that line even though she knew i was disdain towards the course.Sha,I accepted fate and did my best and I find the course intresting.. .bt I am thinking abt going into bizness
Re: A Thread For Education Students And Graduates by lucksonlight(m): 2:16pm On May 26, 2015
Wininiel:
lucksonlight post=34066407]dats kul. So wats up hw is d course like? I'm just in 100l so for now I'm just taking general courses
do u take course like edu101,edu103 nd it likes
Re: A Thread For Education Students And Graduates by lucksonlight(m): 2:17pm On May 26, 2015
gunners160:
Hmm,I read every comment here and seriously they re all nice and inspiring.AS 4 ME,I dnt like anything called"teaching"in fact, I remenbered the day I saw my name on d admssion board I saw "Counselling Psychology" I was snorty dat day.I tried all I could to change the course bt no way so I had no option than to go with the course. I was encouraged by my mum to continue in that line even though she knew i was disdain towards the course.Sha,I accepted fate and did my best and I find the course intresting.. .bt I am thinking abt going into bizness
Re: A Thread For Education Students And Graduates by lucksonlight(m): 2:19pm On May 26, 2015
gunners160:
. Vry gud. Re u stil in skul, if yes wat level?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2015/2016 / Mathematics Competition For Primary School Students / Waziri Umaru Federal Polytechnic Birnin Kebbi wufpbk ND 2017/2018 Admission List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.