Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,787 members, 7,798,628 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:29 AM

Hand Sanitizer Does Not Prevent Ebola Virus - Harold Thomas - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Hand Sanitizer Does Not Prevent Ebola Virus - Harold Thomas (10090 Views)

Ebola: Access Bank Provides Sanitizer For Customers Entering The Banking Hall / President Jonathan, Fashola, Sambo Use Hand Sanitizer During Meeting On Ebola / Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Hand Sanitizer Does Not Prevent Ebola Virus - Harold Thomas by aridvalok(m): 5:54pm On Aug 13, 2014
Ebola virus is a deadly disease everybody is scared of being a victim at the moment. Let us today learn about Ebola, and let us go out with patriotic zeal and spread the message to help our people understand and be better informed to fight this deadly virus”.

Ebola virus is know to kill far more aggressively when compared to HIV. It can take anything between two and 21 days from initial infection to the first symptoms. What is more certain is that you are now infectious yourself. Your family, friends and anyone in close contact with you are all in mortal danger.

While doing my researches online about this ebola disease i found something interesting i would like to share with my fellow nairalands which i believe will be of help to everybody.

USEFUL INFORMATION

1.Hand Sanitizer kills 99.9 % bacteria and not virus, Bacteria is far more different from virus the way it operates. he said the use of hand sanitizers is good but does not protect against the Ebola virus. Ebola can be prevented by washing hands with soap under running water and the use of chlorine or bleach.

2. Avoid eating wild animals especially monkeys, chimpanzees and bats, including those found dead and also to avoid eating fruits that bats have partly eaten as this may contain the ebola virus

3. The Ebola Virus is spread by contact with a person infected by the virus, direct contact with body fluids: blood, vomit, sweat, tears, saliva, urine, faeces, breast milk, sperm, vagina secretions and runny nose. Even a sneeze from a friend can contain ebola virus

Extracted from http://awoko.org/2014/07/17/sierra-leone-news-hand-sanitizer-does-not-prevent-ebola-virus-harold-thomas/

Read more and share with your friends
Re: Hand Sanitizer Does Not Prevent Ebola Virus - Harold Thomas by lexy2920(m): 7:08am On Aug 18, 2014
May God help our researchers to quickly find a cure to this nemesis.
Re: Hand Sanitizer Does Not Prevent Ebola Virus - Harold Thomas by Mobi47(m): 4:43am On Aug 20, 2014
lexy2920: May God help our researchers to quickly find a cure to this nemesis.

God has already help naija to find a cure..*Nano Silver* but the problem is that naija govt is afraid of taken the bold step. Just bcus someone who refuse to help them with the cure, said its a pesticide.

(1) (Reply)

Enwerem Uju: Sickle Cell Mom Tells Her Story, Reveals How She Defiled All Odds / gjxh / Tasly Phytoestrogen-hormonal Balance For Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.