Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,583 members, 7,809,114 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:39 PM

Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? (39146 Views)

Marriage proposal that Sent A Lady under the table (Photos, Video) / Pictures &Video:See The Marriage Proposal That Got A Lady Rolling On The Floor / After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by jashar(f): 1:29pm On Aug 16, 2014
grin I wouldn't mind but that ring ehn it's a must.grin
MrsBreezy:

Hahah I swear I like you cool. But Ehm the ceremony and the dress too must be top notch too.
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by samtol4(m): 7:48am On Aug 19, 2014
MrsBreezy:
Hahah I swear I like you cool. But Ehm the ceremony and the dress too must be top notch too.
MrsBreezy:
!It is not a must engagement ring be given when proposing to a lady many ladies wore their rings for many years without wedding coming up ! Ladies wise up please some men use those engagement rings to trap and waste valuable time !Guys use engagement words don't waste money on engagement rings

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Nobody: 8:00am On Aug 19, 2014
avuekwe: I don't want any again, just go and see my parents finish. Do the right thing , that's my own.
Lmao.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Nobody: 8:03am On Aug 19, 2014
samtol4: !It is not a must engagement ring be given when proposing to a lady many ladies wore their rings for many years without wedding coming up ! Ladies wise up please some men use those engagement rings to trap and waste valuable time !Guys use engagement words don't waste money on engagement rings
Just like my man, he has refuse to drop the ring but he already proposed. I prefer to wear the ring on the day of my traditional marriage than wear it now and become Lord of the rings, 12 years I still dey wear ring and no wedding. grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by jmoore(m): 8:05am On Aug 19, 2014
Orabelle: Just like my man, he has refuse to drop the ring but he already proposed. I prefer to wear the ring on the day of my traditional wedding than wear it now and become Lord of the rings, 12 years I still dey wear ring and no wedding. grin

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Nobody: 8:08am On Aug 19, 2014
jmoore:

grin grin
Yes o. Keep the ring till that very day and not trap me down with one stupid ring. cheesy
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Nobody: 8:21am On Aug 19, 2014
samtol4: !It is not a must engagement ring be given when proposing to a lady many ladies wore their rings for many years without wedding coming up ! Ladies wise up please some men use those engagement rings to trap and waste valuable time !Guys use engagement words don't waste money on engagement rings

You can propose to your gf using words.. 'tis your opinion. My bf cannot do the same. Lol ain't nobody trapping me in anything... he's given a limit, if it doesn't work out I'm out.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by samtol4(m): 9:36am On Aug 19, 2014
MrsBreezy:
You can propose to your gf using words.. 'tis your opinion. My bf cannot do the same. Lol ain't nobody trapping me in anything... he's given a limit, if it doesn't work out I'm out.
MrsBreezy:
Hope you are not among those that values the wedding ceremony and the ring than the marriage itself! I can count up to 5ladies who have been engaged with rings for 2 to 5years still waiting for wedding date!Don't worry your man will buy your engagement ring (ABA market) lol

1 Like

Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Nobody: 9:39am On Aug 19, 2014
samtol4: Hope you are not among those that values the wedding ceremony and the ring than the marriage itself! I can count up to 5ladies who have been engaged with rings for 2 to 5years still waiting for wedding date!Don't worry your man will buy your engagement ring (ABA market) lol

God forbid bad thing ehhh. I value the marriage yeah this is the man I'm meant to spend forever with... but I can't just have a shitty day in a community centre with a shitty cake and a shitty ring to remember it all by..

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by dBard: 10:16am On Aug 19, 2014
The ring is a symbol of ur commitment to her n so it should reflect that, both in appearance n cost.
wouldn't advise anyone to go overboard with that tho, not now that wedding rings come as a set with engagement inclusive. .
#just saying

1 Like

Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by avuekwe(f): 10:27am On Aug 19, 2014
Orabelle: Lmao.

My dear, once bitten twice shy
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Nobody: 7:39pm On Aug 19, 2014
Mine is a promise ring, tho I dnt wear it cos my frnds think m too small for that. And I fnt really like people staring at my finger so its has always been in my purse.
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Nobody: 4:45pm On Aug 27, 2014
MrsBreezy:

Lol really? So you'd propose with anything...even cheap diamond :O.

I would propose with a braided ring made from coconut coir rope grin The love is what matters hun; the ring is only but formalities!
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Nobody: 4:46pm On Aug 27, 2014
doubleDx:

I would propose with a braided ring made from coconut coir rope grin The love is what matters hun; the ring is only but formalities!

Nah sorry I wouldn't take that... angry

Is that all I'm worth to the man I love...

I've to wear this for the rest of my life and that seems itchy undecided
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by onstelly(f): 4:49pm On Aug 27, 2014
MrsBreezy: Question - Engagement rings, how many of you actually care about how much it costs.. Or is it about the thought of him actually getting the band telling you he wants to spend the rest of your life with you. Which is it ( appearance or love? ?)
Don't care how much the ring cost as long as is lovely and I love the person

1 Like

Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Nobody: 4:54pm On Aug 27, 2014
onstelly:
Don't care how much the ring cost as long as is lovely and I love the person

Coconut coir rope?
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by onstelly(f): 5:06pm On Aug 27, 2014
MrsBreezy:

Coconut coir rope?
Picture of d coconut coir rope ring
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Nobody: 5:09pm On Aug 27, 2014
onstelly:
Picture of d coconut coir rope ring

A previous guy stated it... ask him smiley
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by onstelly(f): 7:02pm On Aug 27, 2014
MrsBreezy:

A previous guy stated it... ask him smiley
Lol ok
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Djtm(m): 11:51pm On Aug 27, 2014
I don't get it, you mean if he proposes with a cheap ring you'll say "no, I won't marry you" or "yes, but I ain't taking that ring from you" or what exactly?
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Nobody: 4:55pm On Aug 28, 2014
Djtm: I don't get it, you mean if he proposes with a cheap ring you'll say "no, I won't marry you" or "yes, but I ain't taking that ring from you" or what exactly?

Hmm ill say " no I won't marry you until you get me a proper ring you think I deserve..."

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Djtm(m): 2:10am On Aug 29, 2014
MrsBreezy:

Hmm ill say " no I won't marry you until you get me a proper ring you think I deserve..."
NA wa o. undecided

1 Like

Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Apitch(m): 3:04pm On Aug 29, 2014
GOD forbid make I meet some kind gals
What am I even doing here? Okada abeg comot me for here before I vex knack my head for wall

1 Like

Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Nobody: 4:14pm On Aug 29, 2014
Apitch: GOD forbid make I meet some kind gals
What am I even doing here? Okada abeg comot me for here before I vex knack my head for wall

Looool okays
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Nobody: 3:22pm On Aug 30, 2014
MrsBreezy:

Nah sorry I wouldn't take that... angry

Is that all I'm worth to the man I love...

I've to wear this for the rest of my life and that seems itchy undecided

LOL, fair enough; thanks for your honesty at bold grin

But don't you think rejecting it will mean you do not love your man? What if he is only using it as a placeholder ring before getting the permanent one for you?

You could still keep it as souvenir after getting the real one....I don't know about you, but for me, love should come first in a relationship before any other thing!
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Aug 30, 2014
doubleDx:

LOL, fair enough; thanks for your honesty at bold grin

But don't you think rejecting it will mean you do not love your man? What if he is only using it as a placeholder ring before getting the permanent one for you?

You could still keep it as souvenir after getting the real one....I don't know about you, but for me, love should come first in a relationship before any other thing!

Lol you're completely right and love does come first...

But then use might as well just go to the ministry and just sign some papers making us married.. scratch the ring, the dress, cake and ish

I'm just saying if we're gonna do the whole ring and dress and cake and bridesmaids stuff it better be top notch... I'm not taking anything less than the best or else we might as well do the signing of the papers full stop.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Nobody: 6:41pm On Aug 30, 2014
MrsBreezy:

Lol you're completely right and love does come first...

But then use might as well just go to the ministry and just sign some papers making us married.. scratch the ring, the dress, cake and ish

I'm just saying if we're gonna do the whole ring and dress and cake and bridesmaids stuff it better be top notch... I'm not taking anything less than the best or else we might as well do the signing of the papers full stop.

The emboldened part is my kind of thing; I like keeping my things simple! But it seems most ladies prefer the underlined part though....
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Nobody: 6:44pm On Aug 30, 2014
doubleDx:

The emboldened part is my kind of thing; I like keeping my things simple! But it seems most ladies prefer the underlined part though....

Lol seriously? Omygosh this is the day you're meant to remember forever...

So what dyu do after? Get some McDonald's and its over? Lol then what would the day signify?
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Nobody: 7:17pm On Aug 30, 2014
MrsBreezy:

Lol seriously? Omygosh this is the day you're meant to remember forever...

So what dyu do after? Get some McDonald's and its over? Lol then what would the day signify?

LOL grin at bold!

Trust me, I will make the day memorable with unique and unforgettable romantic surprises!
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Nobody: 7:20pm On Aug 30, 2014
doubleDx:

LOL grin at bold!

Trust me, I will make the day memorable with unique and unforgettable romantic surprises!

Lol then she'd start expecting romantic surprises forever... and being the simple man u are... you'd start disappointing

Lol just do one big celebration every 5 years ahh
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Nobody: 7:53pm On Aug 30, 2014
MrsBreezy:

Lol then she'd start expecting romantic surprises forever... and being the simple man u are... you'd start disappointing

Lol just do one big celebration every 5 years ahh

Being simple doesn't mean one cannot love or care about his/her love ones! Once you are married, you and your spouse become one in body and in spirit; so, where will disappointments come from?...Unless you're married to the wrong person; then, of course, there will be constant disagreements and disappointments... That's why it's good to understand that love is much more than what we profess; it's about understanding each other, trust, tolerance, respect and many other things etc; without these things, you won't be able to know what makes your spouse happy!

I like the idea of celebrating once in a while but "BIG" celebrations are definitely not my kind of thing! I prefer something simple and quiet...
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Nobody: 8:09pm On Aug 30, 2014
doubleDx:

Being simple doesn't mean one cannot love or care about his/her love ones! Once you are married, you and your spouse become one in body and in spirit; so, where will disappointments come from?...Unless you're married to the wrong person; then, of course, there will be constant disagreements and disappointments... That's why it's good to understand that love is much more that what we profess; it's about understanding each other, trust, tolerance, respect and many other things etc; without these things, you won't be able to know what makes your spouse happy!

I like the idea of celebrating once in a while but "BIG" celebrations are definitely not my kind of thing! I prefer something simple and quiet...

Lol nah I meant if u shower her with romantic surprises she'd always expect them... but then you're a simple guy ( not that that a a bad thing at allllllll) so I doubt you'd always want to shower her with surprises all the time.. and of course the surprises will keep having to be bigger and bigger

But if u only shower her with romantic surprises just on your wedding day and she begins to start expecting them...

Yeah like them quiet ish too... them classy dinner parties and teas and stuff I love that...

Lol but I'm requesting once in 5 years to celebrate that the husband hasn't divorced me and my stubbornness hehehe

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

What Qualities Do You Look Out For Before Agreeing On A Date? / All My Efforts To Settle Down This Year Is Failing / Man Prostrates To His Fiancee's Mum After Marriage Proposal (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.