Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,497 members, 7,781,493 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:28 PM

Gov. Fashola Lift The Ban On Okada Riders In Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov. Fashola Lift The Ban On Okada Riders In Lagos (3537 Views)

Fayose Riding On "Okada" To Inaugurate The New House Of Assembly [Photo] / Gov Fashola Meets Mbu, Assistant Inspector General Of Police(Photo) / Gov.Fashola And Ambode Dancing Dorobucci(Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov. Fashola Lift The Ban On Okada Riders In Lagos by smartg(m): 10:59pm On Aug 13, 2014
Have been hearing this since yesterday but i don't know if its just a rumour, pls any one with information about this should pls. Is it true that okada riders have been given the freedom to operate on lagos major road again. If this is true, then am very happy cos am sick and tired of getting home late everyday from work.
Re: Gov. Fashola Lift The Ban On Okada Riders In Lagos by Nobody: 11:03pm On Aug 13, 2014
smartg: Have been hearing this since yesterday but i don't know if its just a rumour, pls any one with information about this should pls. Is it true that okada riders have been given the freedom to operate on lagos major road again. If this is true, then am very happy cos am sick and tired of getting home late everyday from work.

Why should we be going backwards, I thought the slogan was "Backward Never, Forward Ever"?

Anywho, I saw some bikes riding unimpeded in the presence of Law Enforcement, so that might mean they have the go ahead, or the Police guys were just in their usual lazy stance.

1 Like

Re: Gov. Fashola Lift The Ban On Okada Riders In Lagos by dammytosh: 11:04pm On Aug 13, 2014
If this is true, then the Okada riders are to be used for next election. Only the foolish okada riders will fall for this.

6 Likes

Re: Gov. Fashola Lift The Ban On Okada Riders In Lagos by MzJackBaueress(f): 11:06pm On Aug 13, 2014
That means more okada accidents on the roads. I don't think the ban reverse is necessary. Lagosians are already used to the ban.
On the other hand,bad market for Nigeria police who arrests okada riders indescriminately.
Re: Gov. Fashola Lift The Ban On Okada Riders In Lagos by gratiaeo(m): 11:09pm On Aug 13, 2014
APC is getting more Desperate by the day

16 Likes

Re: Gov. Fashola Lift The Ban On Okada Riders In Lagos by decasey(m): 11:09pm On Aug 13, 2014
2015 things!.

9 Likes

Re: Gov. Fashola Lift The Ban On Okada Riders In Lagos by Firefire(m): 11:09pm On Aug 13, 2014
gratiaeo: APC is getting more Desperate by the day

That is the right word!

15 Likes

Re: Gov. Fashola Lift The Ban On Okada Riders In Lagos by idupaul: 11:10pm On Aug 13, 2014
smartg: Have been hearing this since yesterday but i don't know if its just a rumour, pls any one with information about this should pls. Is it true that okada riders have been given the freedom to operate on lagos major road again. If this is true, then am very happy cos am sick and tired of getting home late everyday from work.

I see u don't plan on getting home safe .. Better late than Igbobi!!!

1 Like

Re: Gov. Fashola Lift The Ban On Okada Riders In Lagos by Firefire(m): 11:12pm On Aug 13, 2014
APC una well-done oooooo
Re: Gov. Fashola Lift The Ban On Okada Riders In Lagos by autofreak2020(m): 11:29pm On Aug 13, 2014
This APC is going dumb ooooo
Why should BRF do such at this crucial time when Ebola is waiting at the bus-stop so it could be transported by okada riders and ride lagosians to death avenue.

3 Likes

Re: Gov. Fashola Lift The Ban On Okada Riders In Lagos by Zillight: 11:30pm On Aug 13, 2014

source....or this is a other story for the gods.

1 Like

Re: Gov. Fashola Lift The Ban On Okada Riders In Lagos by tchigofigo(m): 11:35pm On Aug 13, 2014
that's good!.,or, is it?? i hope there's no political undertone to it though...cos crime go strt to increase jejely..,
Re: Gov. Fashola Lift The Ban On Okada Riders In Lagos by fyneguy: 11:49pm On Aug 13, 2014
Fake news.

1 Like

Re: Gov. Fashola Lift The Ban On Okada Riders In Lagos by MzJackBaueress(f): 11:53pm On Aug 13, 2014
fyneguy: Fake news.
it is not a fake news.

2 Likes

Re: Gov. Fashola Lift The Ban On Okada Riders In Lagos by hushmail: 11:56pm On Aug 13, 2014
2015 on my mind grin grin grin
Re: Gov. Fashola Lift The Ban On Okada Riders In Lagos by deeobserver209(m): 12:09am On Aug 14, 2014
Because of election they took Lagos state back to the stone age? APC is a useless Party.

4 Likes

Re: Gov. Fashola Lift The Ban On Okada Riders In Lagos by olasmith10(m): 12:54am On Aug 14, 2014
Therefore let anyone who thinks that he stands
take heed lest he fall .1st Corinthians 10:12

1 Like

Re: Gov. Fashola Lift The Ban On Okada Riders In Lagos by Urine: 3:50am On Aug 14, 2014
I still don't understand why someone in his right senses will start a rumour and other dumb people will comment as if it's true. Why not add a verifiable source so we know it's true? Btw Okada was not banned in Lagos, it was only banned on MAJOR HIGHWAYS, which is a very good thing to do. I lost a good friend to an Okada accident on a major highway so if this action prevents further deaths I'm all for it.
Re: Gov. Fashola Lift The Ban On Okada Riders In Lagos by Nobody: 3:52am On Aug 14, 2014
2015 Election Promo

1 Like

Re: Gov. Fashola Lift The Ban On Okada Riders In Lagos by disloman(m): 4:04am On Aug 14, 2014
It is just a rumour.Still heard his interview on LTV last week.D law is still intact.

1 Like

Re: Gov. Fashola Lift The Ban On Okada Riders In Lagos by fyneguy: 4:38am On Aug 14, 2014
MzJackBaueress: it is not a fake news.

Proof?
Re: Gov. Fashola Lift The Ban On Okada Riders In Lagos by myboy2010(m): 4:55am On Aug 14, 2014
2015 tinz on point
Re: Gov. Fashola Lift The Ban On Okada Riders In Lagos by power1234: 5:05am On Aug 14, 2014
Its true i heard on radio yesterday 2 but jst on some road,not that the ban have been lift completely
Re: Gov. Fashola Lift The Ban On Okada Riders In Lagos by smartg(m): 6:57am On Aug 14, 2014
Zillight:

source....or this is a other story for the gods.
pls I don't have any source yet. I've been searching the news on net to see if it has been posted on any median but didnot see any. But all d people I heard from, said it boldly. Am also looking for a source online, cos I don't believe it too, but i welcom it if its true.
Re: Gov. Fashola Lift The Ban On Okada Riders In Lagos by smartg(m): 7:02am On Aug 14, 2014
Urine: I still don't understand why someone in his right senses will start a rumour and other dumb people will comment as if it's true. Why not add a verifiable source so we know it's true? Btw Okada was not banned in Lagos, it was only banned on MAJOR HIGHWAYS, which is a very good thing to do. I lost a good friend to an Okada accident on a major highway so if this action prevents further deaths I'm all for it.
bros I feel ur pain, but with d election at d corner, the ban must be lifted as usual naa.

1 Like

Re: Gov. Fashola Lift The Ban On Okada Riders In Lagos by TRADELYN: 7:20am On Aug 14, 2014
Re: Gov. Fashola Lift The Ban On Okada Riders In Lagos by ochukofortune(m): 7:41am On Aug 14, 2014
The bitter truth is Fashola is an hypocrite. He has dropped d increment of Lasu school fees and the ban on bikes...he is doing this to clear way for 2015 elections, the supporters of APC think lagosians are fools. A leader makes policies for the betterment of the people not for political reasons. What now happens to the already wasted months the students stayed at home? Or what happens to the numerous bike he has seized and destroyed. Please I hope nigerians will be wise in this coming election.They want our votes so, they are doing good face now abi....God punish dem

6 Likes

Re: Gov. Fashola Lift The Ban On Okada Riders In Lagos by MzJackBaueress(f): 7:51am On Aug 14, 2014
fyneguy:

Proof?
wait let me ask Fashola. grin tongue
Re: Gov. Fashola Lift The Ban On Okada Riders In Lagos by abbeyberry(m): 7:56am On Aug 14, 2014
I just pray this is not true , it's a policy somersault...

Desperation on the part of our politician
Re: Gov. Fashola Lift The Ban On Okada Riders In Lagos by Desric(m): 8:14am On Aug 14, 2014
"Leaders in any society are usually the direct reflection of the attitudes of the people they lead". I say this without any fear of contradiction because Nigerians somehow seem very confused. In Ekiti state, it was celebrated that Fayemi the incumbent Governor lost his reelection bid to Fayose due to his elitist policies as well that most of APC controlled states policies are also elitist, painting a picture that Fayose was more of the people's man and that Nigerians doesn't want change, rather they prefer their old ways where anything goes as long as nobody's ox is goad. Today almost all policies termed elitist by the public as enshrined in all APC controlled states are being reversed and yet another complain, personally, I don't seem to understand exactly what we want as a people; but as they say "failure to reward success, is another way of encouraging mediocrity" one good turn they say deserves another. Be Patriotic, Be wise and Shine your eyes, when you want something, go for it and when something is done properly, encourage the doer to do even more. Help Nigeria and make it to become the land of our collective beautiful dreams.

1 Like

Re: Gov. Fashola Lift The Ban On Okada Riders In Lagos by dubienatti(m): 8:24am On Aug 14, 2014
Am bigginin to like dis democrazy..GOD BLESS FAYOSE..
Re: Gov. Fashola Lift The Ban On Okada Riders In Lagos by mikolo80: 8:53am On Aug 14, 2014
ochukofortune: The bitter truth is Fashola is an hypocrite. He has dropped d increment of Lasu school fees and the ban on bikes...he is doing this to clear way for 2015 elections, the supporters of APC think lagosians are fools. A leader makes policies for the betterment of the people not for political reasons. What now happens to the already wasted months the students stayed at home? Or what happens to the numerous bike he has seized and destroyed. Please I hope nigerians will be wise in this coming election.They want our votes so, they are doing good face now abi....God punish dem
a leader can onlymake policy when he is in power.he can only be in power when he is elected. He can only be elected when he is popular. He can only be popular . He can only be popular when he does what the people want(whether good or bad). The people (majority) want okada.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

WASC Results: Buhari's 'excellent' In Igbo, 'credit' In Hausa Sparks Controversy / Port Harcourt Inner Streets Is Transformed / Photo Instead Of Pole To Hold Wire, Wire Is Holding Pole In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.