Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,284 members, 7,807,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:05 AM

E-Grace Convention 20-14 - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / E-Grace Convention 20-14 (13089 Views)

114 Babies Delivered As RCCG Convention Ends (Photo) / The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 / Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: E-Grace Convention 20-14 by MabraO: 10:40am On Aug 17, 2014
What a coincidence
Speaking about
Here in NCCF in ekiti the topic is oboit Grace
And I just stumbled about it again on nairaland
May the grace of The Lord be onto every that sees this

1 Like

Re: E-Grace Convention 20-14 by Odunharry(m): 11:03am On Aug 17, 2014
cheesy
Re: E-Grace Convention 20-14 by Nobody: 11:40am On Aug 17, 2014
happy sunday to u all, I need more frnds 33435E6B
Re: E-Grace Convention 20-14 by ichuka(m): 11:51am On Aug 17, 2014
May the Grace,Peace,Love and Mercy of our Lord Jésus Christ multiple greatly, in the lifes of organisers,the presenters and also to we the audience.
guys,thank you,thank you and thank you once again.
U guys are too much.

1 Like

Re: E-Grace Convention 20-14 by mployer(m): 11:58am On Aug 17, 2014
Nawa for nairaland.
After convention don finish, they come bring am come frontpage

1 Like

Re: E-Grace Convention 20-14 by SalC: 12:12pm On Aug 17, 2014
Gombs:

I am ok, and would be glad u open a thread on it and invite me smiley

You didn't ask yooguyz to answer this sha

how does aborting an unborn child equates murder? i asked him to give the biblical definition of murder
Well I believe the convention is over, maybe I should create the thread and tag you and Yooguyz
Re: E-Grace Convention 20-14 by naijaobi(m): 12:18pm On Aug 17, 2014
sometimes i wonder what nairaland is turning into. So, a thread like this exists and it is only making front page today when the convention has ended? Smh
Re: E-Grace Convention 20-14 by SalC: 12:18pm On Aug 17, 2014
Yooguyz:

Abortion as we know it today was not practiced in biblical times, and the Bible never specifically mentions the issue of abortion. It is clear from the Scriptures that an unborn baby is known by the Lord, even from the time of conception (Psalm 139:13-16). Although the Bible does not mention abortion or aborted babies, we do have two keys to help us unlock the answer to the question of whether the souls of aborted babies go to heaven.

The first key is from the only passage in the Bible where something specific is said about the death of infants. In 2 Samuel 12 we learn of David’s affair with Bathsheba, another man’s wife. David was informed by the prophet Nathan that the child produced by that union would die. David then began to fast and pray, asking the Lord to not carry out His judgment. When the child did die, David got up from praying and fasting and ate something.

When asked about this behavior, David uttered the words recorded in 2 Samuel 12:23, “Now he is dead; why should I fast? Can I bring him back again? I shall go to him, but he shall not return to me.” David’s words reflect a clear understanding that the child could not come back to earth, but David would be with his child one day in heaven. This indicates not only David’s assurance of his own future in heaven (Psalm 23:6), but also the assurance that his child would share that future. From this account, we can conclude that infants who die are destined for heaven.

The second key to dealing with this issue is an understanding of the character and attributes of God. A God of justice must punish sin, for the Bible teaches us that “the wages of sin is death” (Romans 6:23). Neither an unborn child nor an aborted baby has had the opportunity to willfully sin; however, every child conceived bears the sin nature inherited from Adam (Psalm 51:5) and is therefore subject to judgment. At the same time, God reveals Himself as a God of goodness and mercy (Psalm 136:26). He is “gracious in all His works” (Psalm 145:17). It could very well be that God, in His grace, applies the sacrifice of Christ to the unborn victims of abortion. We know Christ’s blood is sufficient for such a thing. After all, Jesus died “for the sins of the whole world” (1 John 2:2).

The Bible does not specifically say whether or not an unborn child who dies goes to heaven. Without a clear passage, we can only speculate. However, we know of God’s love, goodness, and compassion. We know of David’s confidence that he would be with his child again. And we know that Jesus invited the children to come to Him (Luke 18:16). Based on these sureties, we believe it is appropriate to conclude that the souls of children are immediately in the presence of God when their lives are cut short by abortion.
Thanks for this response, I purposely left it in other not to distract you from the convention. Hope you won't mind me creating another thread while quoting this post and other as part of the op. There are other matter I wish you can also clarify there if you don't mind.
I await your response here. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: E-Grace Convention 20-14 by Nobody: 12:31pm On Aug 17, 2014
Mr Ajayi pls add me,cant get u tru phone,33435E6B thank u sir.
Re: E-Grace Convention 20-14 by Nobody: 12:33pm On Aug 17, 2014
Pls add me 33435E6B,cant get u tru phone.

1) Applicants shall be of Nigerian origin by birth.

2) All Applicants must attend zonal screening exercise at the designated zonal centres for their respective states.

3) Non-Tradesmen & Women Applicants must be aged between 18 – 35 years by 31th March 2014.

4) Tradesmen & Women Applicants must be aged between 18 –35 years by 31th March 2014.

5) Applicants must be medically, physically, and psychologically fit and must not be less than 1.65 meters tall for men and 1.56 meters for women.

6) Applicants must be free of any Criminal conviction.

7) Applicants must submit all duly completed form (printed from this online portal) at the screening centres during the screening exercise period.Education requirements, SSCE, NECO, GCE with at least 3 credits including English.

cool N.C.E, N.D, H.N.D AND B.S.C Holders

9) All Applicant is to pay the sum of Six thousand two hundrend naira (N6,200) into FIRST BANK Nation wlde.contact Assistant Superintendent of Navy (ASCI) GODWIN AJAYI +2347034237669 for account details.

10) All Applicant are to send thier full names, teller number and credentails to the email (nigerianavy20142015@gmail.com) after payment.

NOTE: Make sure you call officer on +2347034237669before going to the bank. Contact:Assistant Superintendent of Navy (ASCI) GODWIN AJAYI for more information.[/quote]
Re: E-Grace Convention 20-14 by Nobody: 12:56pm On Aug 17, 2014
It was interesting skimming through what was discussed in this convention, but @BabaGnoni if you don't mind providing me with references to the following concerning your write up on church history, i'd like to read up on them.

*Credible written documentation of the periods during which this happed: the Romanization and paganization of Christianity and the "Christianization" of pagan beliefs.

*anything which explains how the christmas and easter celebrated in the RCC and christians worldwide, as well as how the halo used in the RCC are un-christian or pagan, apart fromt the fact that they replaced pagan days of worship or borrowed from other forms of art.

*A source detailing how 66 books of the bible were decided upon with the muratorian canon, bearing in mind that almost every "church" in the common usage of the word, from the ethiopian to the orthodox, presbytarian, protestant and catholic church have varying numbers of books.

it'll be nice if you could provide the source(s) you used.
Re: E-Grace Convention 20-14 by handysuzy(f): 1:09pm On Aug 17, 2014
Following....following

1 Like

Re: E-Grace Convention 20-14 by MORNDEW(m): 1:21pm On Aug 17, 2014
Who are all dis ppl nd how does dis cure Ebola. E- grace ko, E- conference ni.
Re: E-Grace Convention 20-14 by Yooguyz: 1:51pm On Aug 17, 2014
SalC: Thanks for this response, I purposely left it in other not to distract you from the convention. Hope you won't mind me creating another thread while quoting this post and other as part of the op. There are other matter I wish you can also clarify there if you don't mind.
I await your response here. Thanks.

No problem, you can open the thread.
Re: E-Grace Convention 20-14 by cirmuell(m): 1:52pm On Aug 17, 2014
What are we supposed to do now, we didn't even know about this.
Re: E-Grace Convention 20-14 by yinkuscious(m): 2:31pm On Aug 17, 2014
God bless the ministers in the house. Yooguyz, a serious matter you just shed light on. More grace

2 Likes

Re: E-Grace Convention 20-14 by Nobody: 2:37pm On Aug 17, 2014
Wetin man pikin no go see for nairaland sef.....

1 Like

Re: E-Grace Convention 20-14 by Raypawer(m): 3:08pm On Aug 17, 2014
angry angry angry so na now the convention don finnish mods fit bring am com front page

1 Like

Re: E-Grace Convention 20-14 by DrummaBoy(m): 3:46pm On Aug 17, 2014
DrummaBoy:

1. It was the organizers desire that the convention be concluded first before it makes front page. Front page topics last an average of 24 hours. The convention lasted three days, 72 hours. If it had made front page at inception, people would be denied the benefit of the whole discuss. You can however take advantage of the access to the links to the nine papers presented at the convention on the second post at the OP.

2. Traditionally Christian worship is Sunday. The convention is a Christian convention. There is no better day for it to make front page.
naijaobi: sometimes i wonder what nairaland is turning into. So, a thread like this exists and it is only making front page today when the convention has ended? Smh
cirmuell: What are we supposed to do now, we didn't even know about this.
Raypawer: angry angry angry so na now the convention don finnish mods fit bring am com front page
Re: E-Grace Convention 20-14 by alexleo(m): 4:35pm On Aug 17, 2014
cirmuell: What are we supposed to do now, we didn't even know about this.

Next time don't limit your visit to nairaland to romance section only grin
Visit the religion section too.

5 Likes

Re: E-Grace Convention 20-14 by cirmuell(m): 4:36pm On Aug 17, 2014
alexleo:

Next time don't limit your visit to nairaland to romance section only grin
Visit the religion section too.
grin cheesy
Re: E-Grace Convention 20-14 by alexleo(m): 4:40pm On Aug 17, 2014
handysuzy: Following....following

You are not following anything. If you were following you would ve know that the convention has already been declared closed in page 4. grin

Now go back to the beginning and start reading the presentations made by the different teachers.

1 Like

Re: E-Grace Convention 20-14 by handysuzy(f): 5:13pm On Aug 17, 2014
alexleo:

You are not following anything. If you were following you would ve know that the convention has already been declared closed in page 4. grin

Now go back to the beginning and start reading the presentations made by the different teachers.

Ok you got me. I am done following.
Re: E-Grace Convention 20-14 by drstan(m): 6:14pm On Aug 17, 2014
I like this

1 Like

Re: E-Grace Convention 20-14 by sambisa5: 6:33pm On Aug 17, 2014
DrummaBoy: [size=20pt] RULES FOR THE CONVENTION: For Presenters and Audience[/size]

1. Presentations should occupy only two or three posts with minimum of 2000 words and max 4000.

2. We encourage a neat presentation for ease of readability. If possible employing bold, italics, coloring and other Nairaland editing features for aesthetics and enhance readership.

3. edited.

4. Audience are encouraged to present their questions in a concise and straight to the point manner for a presenter only after a presenter has made his/her presentation.

5. Audience are not to ask presenters "leading" questions which are designed to ridicule a presenter. A presenter may decline to answer a question if they so wish

6. Goshen360 and DrummaBoy shall act as moderators to ensure order and to protect presenters from attacks.

7. Use of foul languages are prohibited on the convention thread. All nairaland forum rules subsist here too.

8. Only individuals with monickers that have been nominated and have accepted their nominations on this thread are permitted to make presentation on the topics of the convention or in other topic. Anyone who flaunts this rule shall banned.

9. The audience are advised to refrain from posting in between the posts of a presentation by participant. Anyone who breeches this rule will have his comment hidden. They however have full liberty to comment or ask questions after the presentation has been made.

10. Audience are enjoined not to "dissect" presentations by commenting on every line of a presentation, after quoting them, that is common with nairalanders. Anyone who does this shall be banned. You may quote an aspect of a presentation only with the aim of asking a question or making a point.

[size=20pt]TIME TABLE FOR GRACE CONVENTION 2014[/size]

[size=16pt]Thursday, 14th August @9.00am[/size]
(Genesis): The New Creation in Christ & our inheritance - MrAnony1
https://www.nairaland.com/1856979/e-grace-convention-20-14#25465060

[size=16pt]Thursday, 14th August @2.00pm[/size]
(Social Issues): The Christian and his Environment - Yooguyz
https://www.nairaland.com/1856979/e-grace-convention-20-14#25475935

[size=16pt]Thursday, 14th August @ 6.00pm[/size]
(Power of the Spirit): The Power of the Holy Spirit in Christian Living - trustman
https://www.nairaland.com/1856979/e-grace-convention-20-14#25478150

[size=16pt]Friday, 15th August @ 9.00am[/size]
(Grace 1): The Demands of the Law and the Supply of the grace of God - Alwaystrue
https://www.nairaland.com/1856979/e-grace-convention-20-14/1#25492791

[size=16pt]Friday, 15th August @ 2.00pm[/size]
(Unity/Ecumenism): Towards a United Christian Voice on Nairaland and Elsewhere - Ihedinobi2
https://www.nairaland.com/1856979/e-grace-convention-20-14/1#25500037

[size=16pt]Friday, 15th August @ 6.00pm[/size]
(Church History): Where Did We Come From and Where are We Headed? - BabaGnoni
https://www.nairaland.com/1856979/e-grace-convention-20-14/2#25506104

[size=16pt]Saturday, 16th August @ 9.00am[/size]
(Christian Ministry): The Ministry, Life and the Message - PastorOluT
https://www.nairaland.com/1856979/e-grace-convention-20-14/3#25523321

[size=16pt]Saturday, 16th August @ 2.00pm[/size]
(Nigeria): An Emerging Nigeria via the Gospel - Striktlymi
https://www.nairaland.com/1856979/e-grace-convention-20-14/3#25525180

[size=16pt]Saturday, 16th August @ 6.00pm[/size]
(Grace 2): The wonders of God's Grace - MarkMiwerds
https://www.nairaland.com/1856979/e-grace-convention-20-14/3#25530159

Link to 2013 GRACE CONVENTION: https://www.nairaland.com/1416947/welcome-e-grace-convention-2013

Why is frosbel not among the presenters or is he out of the counry.......

Ops.....its going to be a convention of its kind........lets note our lapses now as against the next convention.......since convention is actually an annual thing...RCCG just finished theirs and it was a success.

Please Ops i'm very interested to be in the offering unit-i know how to count money very well,that was what i actually studied at the university.
thanks
Re: E-Grace Convention 20-14 by sambisa5: 6:45pm On Aug 17, 2014
What a convention i just missed....

The presenters actually came up as expected and as arranged.....mehhhhh i missed sometime ooooo.

Where was i'political'ebola and the rest'

E- Graced convention 2015......i mustn't miss it.....

1 Like

Re: E-Grace Convention 20-14 by Niftyrules(m): 7:22pm On Aug 17, 2014
@Op, I will like to introduce some of my christian poetry in here. I already done quite a number of them.

I just hope I've got a place in here to do that.
Re: E-Grace Convention 20-14 by DrummaBoy(m): 11:16am On Aug 18, 2014
Niftyrules: @Op, I will like to introduce some of my christian poetry in here. I already done quite a number of them.

I just hope I've got a place in here to do that.

Please go ahead.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Between A Father And A Mother Who Struggles More? / If The Bible Is A Fairy-Tale, Then Why Is It Banned In At Least 52 Countries? / Which Is Wrong: From The Christian's Perspective?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.