Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,387 members, 7,808,369 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:03 AM

E-Grace Convention 20-14 - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / E-Grace Convention 20-14 (13090 Views)

114 Babies Delivered As RCCG Convention Ends (Photo) / The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 / Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: E-Grace Convention 20-14 by MarkMiwerds(m): 3:18pm On Aug 18, 2014
One I wrote back in the early 90's...

I was on a downhill slide while running with my friends
When I heard who Jesus died to save me from my sins
How one day on a rugged cross in His amazing grace
Christ shed His blood for sinners lost, in love He took my place

I fell down on my knees that day and cried out to God above
Forgive me of my sins, I prayed, and cleanse me with Thy blood
Teach me O Lord, to wait on Thee and help me do Thy will
And remind me of that rugged tree that stood on Calvary's hill.

He's pulled me from the mire and given me a home
With Christ as my desire, no more in sin I'll roam
I'll tell the world the story and share Salvation's plan
How He left His Home in Glory to die for fallen man.

4 Likes

Re: E-Grace Convention 20-14 by tola9ja: 11:02pm On Aug 18, 2014
Can god say something like these
. Malachi 2:3 behold I will rebuke your offspring and spread dung upon your faces.
Genesis 8:20-21 and the lord smelled the odour.
Obadiah1:1 we have heard a rumor from the lord.
Psalm78:65 then the lord awoke as from sleep like a strong man shouting because of wine.LOL
1st Corinthians 1:25 because of the foolishness of god is wiser than man and the weakness of god is stronger than man.
( in the book of 1st Corinthians 14:33 for God is not the author of confusion)come let us reason together
Re: E-Grace Convention 20-14 by maliso: 12:32am On Aug 19, 2014
tola9ja: Can god say something like these
. Malachi 2:3 behold I will rebuke your offspring and spread dung upon your faces.
Genesis 8:20-21 and the lord smelled the odour.
Obadiah1:1 we have heard a rumor from the lord.
Psalm78:65 then the lord awoke as from sleep like a strong man shouting because of wine.LOL
1st Corinthians 1:25 because of the foolishness of god is wiser than man and the weakness of god is stronger than man.
( in the book of 1st Corinthians 14:33 for God is not the author of confusion)come let us reason together

Mal 2:3
I will punish your descendants. I will smear your faces with the animal insides left from your feasts, and you will be thrown away with it.
NCV

Gen 8:20-21
oah built an altar to God. He selected clean animals and birds from every species and offered them as burnt-offerings on the altar. 21 God smelled the sweet fragrance and thought to himself, "I'll never again curse the ground because of people. I know they have this bent toward evil from an early age, but I'll never again kill off everything living as I've just done.
(from THE MESSAGE: The Bible in Contemporary Language © 2002 by Eugene H. Peterson. All rights reserved.)

Gen 8:21
When the Lord smelled the pleasing odor [a scent of satisfaction to His heart], the Lord said to Himself, I will never again curse the ground because of man, for the imagination (the strong desire) of man's heart is evil and wicked from his youth; neither will I ever again smite and destroy every living thing, as I have done.
AMP

Obad 1

Obadiah's Message to Edom
from God, the Master.
We got the news straight from God
by a special messenger sent out to the godless nations:

"On your feet, prepare for battle;
get ready to make war on Edom!
(from THE MESSAGE: The Bible in Contemporary Language © 2002 by Eugene H. Peterson. All rights reserved.)

Obad 1

1 THE VISION of Obadiah. Thus says the Lord God concerning Edom: We have heard tidings from the Lord, and an ambassador is sent forth among the nations [saying], Arise, and let us rise up against [Edom] for battle! [Ps 137:7; Isa 34:1-15; 63:1-6; Jer 49:7-22; Ezek 25:8-14.]
AMP

Ps 78:65
Then Adonai awoke, as if from sleep,
like a warrior shouting for joy from wine. (METAPHOR)
CJB

Ps 78:65
Then the Lord got up as if he had been asleep;
he awoke like a man who had been drunk with wine
NCV

1 Cor 1:25
Human wisdom is so tinny, so impotent, next to the seeming absurdity of God. Human strength can't begin to compete with God's "weakness."

For God’s “nonsense” is wiser than humanity’s “wisdom.”
CJB

[This is] because the foolish thing [that has its source in] God is wiser than men, and the weak thing [that springs] from God is stronger than men.
AMP

(PSALM 14:1----THE FOOL HAS SAID IN HIS HEART, "THERE IS NO GOD"wink
Re: E-Grace Convention 20-14 by Niftyrules(m): 8:23am On Aug 19, 2014
DrummaBoy:

Please go ahead.

Ok fine. Also, let me know the thread link where I can write it.
Re: E-Grace Convention 20-14 by DrummaBoy(m): 2:36pm On Aug 19, 2014
Niftyrules:
Ok fine. Also, let me know the thread link where I can write it.

You can post it here.
Re: E-Grace Convention 20-14 by Niftyrules(m): 10:59pm On Aug 19, 2014
Just faith in God will do that which seems impossible. Believe in the fact that he's not a man that he should lie will set him into action and move the unmovable. Remember ask and with a believing heart, you shall receive.

This is a poem by me on faith. Faithfully read.

AND FAITH

Is it an ability to believe the unseen
Travel via the mind where you've never physically been
Is it the things hope for
Or evidence of things not seen

Faith has gone far beyond
Far above our daily crumbs
It is the positive mind for positive request
Backed with a mind to have it

Faith Is setting the table
When the store house is short of vegetable
Faith Is having the spoon, fork in its place and plate at the center
when nothing is cooking in the pot

Faith Is getting fired
And you saying "i am hired
Or tired and you saying am stronger"
stolen and you saying, you've gotten Even when it seems farther
Faith brings closer

When labelled looser
Faith says am a winner
Have you said cant to your faith
He's faithful a father to make you enjoy the holyghost bathe
Feel free to ask of it from the father
He is very near and hasn't gone yonder.

Www.allpoetry.com/poem/by/niftyrules

4 Likes

Re: E-Grace Convention 20-14 by Niftyrules(m): 11:00pm On Aug 19, 2014
Just faith in God will do that which seems impossible. Believe in the fact that he's not a man that he should lie will set him into action and move the unmovable. Remember ask and with a believing heart, you shall receive.

This is a poem by me on faith. Faithfully read.

AND FAITH

Is it an ability to believe the unseen
Travel via the mind where you've never physically been
Is it the things hope for
Or evidence of things not seen

Faith has gone far beyond
Far above our daily crumbs
It is the positive mind for positive request
Backed with a mind to have it

Faith Is setting the table
When the store house is short of vegetable
Faith Is having the spoon, fork in its place and plate at the center
when nothing is cooking in the pot

Faith Is getting fired
And you saying "i am hired
Or tired and you saying am stronger"
stolen and you saying, you've gotten Even when it seems farther
Faith brings closer

When labelled looser
Faith says am a winner
Have you said cant to your faith
He's faithful a father to make you enjoy the holyghost bathe
Feel free to ask of it from the father
He is very near and hasn't gone yonder.

Www.allpoetry.com/poem/by/niftyrules
Re: E-Grace Convention 20-14 by SenatorJames(m): 2:51am On Aug 20, 2014
I bless God for this type of spirit filled and truth revealing convention.

2 Likes

Re: E-Grace Convention 20-14 by anukulapo: 12:27pm On Aug 21, 2014
Alwaystrue:
Let us fast forward to the creation of man and the command of God regarding the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. After the instruction by God, man disobeyed. Pertinent to remember is what Eve told the devil when he asked her to recant what God told her…she must have heard God’s instruction from her husband and gave second-hand information yet if we compare what God told Adam and what Eve told Satan, we will notice a difference. God spoke His word to Adam which he informed his wife and Eve stated it as a law to the devil (do not even touch..if Eve was a lawgiver that is what she would have added)…Compare the below noting the highlights.

God Speaking:
Genesis 2:17
But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die

Eve Speaking:
Genesis 3:3

But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.

What I just presented above is for our rumination and deep meditation and whatever questions I asked are rhetoric.

I carefully read through your post but I still don't get your point in the above quote especially as regards Eve recanting the instruction of God to the devil.

Please,spare a little time to clarify. Thanks.

@all contributors
You are all doing a good job. I hope I catch up with the pace to read through to the latest page soon.
Re: E-Grace Convention 20-14 by Alwaystrue(f): 2:36pm On Aug 21, 2014
anukulapo:

I carefully read through your post but I still don't get your point in the above quote especially as regards Eve recanting the instruction of God to the devil.

Please,spare a little time to clarify. Thanks.

@all contributors
You are all doing a good job. I hope I catch up with the pace to read through to the latest page soon.

Hello @anukulapo,
What I was trying to say was that Eve added what God did not say 'DO NOT TOUCH IT LEST YOU DIE'. This may be because she didn't hear it direct from God. Interpretation becomes skewed by the time we do not hear God ourselves.
That was why God had to send His VOICE/WORD again in Jesus Christ since the Israelites refused to hear him direct on Sinai but rather preferred a mediator.
Re: E-Grace Convention 20-14 by PastorKun(m): 2:42pm On Aug 21, 2014
Alwaystrue:

Hello @anukulapo,
What I was trying to say was that Eve added what God did not say 'DO NOT TOUCH IT LEST YOU DIE'. This may be because she didn't hear it direct from God. Interpretation becomes skewed by the time we do not hear God ourselves.
That was why God had to send His VOICE/WORD again in Jesus Christ since the Israelites refused to hear him direct on Sinai but rather preferred a mediator.

Read what you wrote again, you seem to be contradicting yourself.

1 Like

Re: E-Grace Convention 20-14 by ihedinobi2: 3:01pm On Aug 21, 2014
PastorKun:

Read what you wrote again, you seem to be contradicting yourself.
She didn't. God is His Word. The Word is God. God came Himself to speak to His People.
Re: E-Grace Convention 20-14 by PastorKun(m): 3:15pm On Aug 21, 2014
ihedinobi2:
She didn't. God is His Word. The Word is God. God came Himself to speak to His People.

This trinity thrash again
Re: E-Grace Convention 20-14 by ihedinobi2: 3:25pm On Aug 21, 2014
PastorKun:

This trinity thrash again
The Doctrine of Christ again. You're not compelled to like it. But you're required to believe it to share in the commonwealth of New Israel.

Notwithstanding though, that is how what she said is non-contradictory.
Re: E-Grace Convention 20-14 by Gombs(m): 3:41pm On Aug 21, 2014
ihedinobi2:

Gbam..maybe u should translate it in yoruba for our dear Kunle wink
Re: E-Grace Convention 20-14 by PastorKun(m): 3:43pm On Aug 21, 2014
ihedinobi2:
The Doctrine of Christ again. You're not compelled to like it. But you're required to believe it to share in the commonwealth of New Israel.

Notwithstanding though, that is how what she said is non-contradictory.

Stop spreading filthy lies, trinity is NOT a doctrine of Christ. It's a pagan concept adopted and mis-applied by the RCC to christianity and no one is required to believe such rubbish for salvation.
Re: E-Grace Convention 20-14 by anukulapo: 3:45pm On Aug 21, 2014
Alwaystrue:

Hello @anukulapo,

Ok. I thought as much;I just wanted to be sure. Good observation especially to support the fact that MOST TIMES "Interpretation becomes skewed by the time we do not hear God ourselves".

However I want to draw our attention back to some other major points in the commandment.
As clearly stated in both statement of the commandments (directly from God and her recant) She knew that
1) they ought not to eat
If they do,
2) They will die
She was clearly aware of the commandment.

I know you didn't say anything contrary to the point I just made above but I just wanted to state it so that we will not shift from that the observation (which is true) would not become another "strong meat" that some other people would begin to wrestle with.

I hope this won't amount to distraction and derail. Just my input on the issue.

Grace to you,stay blessed.

1 Like

Re: E-Grace Convention 20-14 by Gombs(m): 4:16pm On Aug 21, 2014
PastorKun:

Stop spreading filthy lies, trinity is NOT a doctrine of Christ. It's a pagan concept adopted and mis-applied by the RCC to christianity and no one is required to believe such rubbish for salvation.

looking for who would debate this with you?...Kunle, thou never changeth grin grin grin grin grin
Re: E-Grace Convention 20-14 by ihedinobi2: 4:36pm On Aug 21, 2014
PastorKun:

I assume you did not read my own paper then.

When you do and make real counter-arguments, I'll see about answering you appreciatively. I haven't got any energy to waste om quips and excuses.

As a parting shot, if no one is required to believe it for salvation, you really have no worries, don't you? But feel free to produce biblical arguments to counter this lie. Only remember that I won't do merry-go-round's. I have presented my arguments in my paper. Counter them or else forget about engaging me.
Re: E-Grace Convention 20-14 by Alwaystrue(f): 7:21pm On Aug 21, 2014
@ihedinobi,
Hope you are doing well. Your paper on the unity of faith sucked you in. Your excitement was palpitating. Thanks for reiterating what I said. God had to send His Word in Flesh to bring life, truth and light indeed.

anukulapo:
Ok. I thought as much;I just wanted to be sure. Good observation especially to support the fact that MOST TIMES "Interpretation becomes skewed by the time we do not hear God ourselves".
However I want to draw our attention back to some other major points in the commandment.
As clearly stated in both statement of the commandments (directly from God and her recant) She knew that
1) they ought not to eat
If they do,
2) They will die
She was clearly aware of the commandment.
I know you didn't say anything contrary to the point I just made above but I just wanted to state it so that we will not shift from that the observation (which is true) would not become another "strong meat" that some other people would begin to wrestle with.
I hope this won't amount to distraction and derail. Just my input on the issue.
Grace to you,stay blessed.

Oh thanks for this observation. There are things to learn from it and each person can draw their inspirations.
Amen and you too.

1 Like

Re: E-Grace Convention 20-14 by ihedinobi2: 7:35pm On Aug 21, 2014
Alwaystrue: @ihedinobi,
Hope you are doing well. Your paper on the unity of faith sucked you in. Your excitement was palpitating. Thanks for reiterating what I said. God had to send His Word in Flesh to bring life, truth and light indeed.

Oh thanks for this observation. There are things to learn from it and each person can draw their inspirations.
Amen and you too.
Indeed it did, sis. I had to delete a lot of things and reconstruct a lot of others to stay within the text-limit, lol.

It has been a really long time. I'll do you an email sometime. Yes I am doing well. The Lord is with me after all. How are you, dear sis? smiley
Re: E-Grace Convention 20-14 by Yooguyz: 12:35pm On Aug 30, 2014
Re: E-Grace Convention 20-14 by Ubenedictus(m): 11:26pm On Sep 12, 2014
BabaGnoni:
^^^
@striktlymi,

striktlymi, God is denomination agnostic,
furthermore that Ignatius' "ekklesia katholicos" phrase was hijacked for political and personal gains to mean something else.
- note even Ignatius didn't use "church" but rather assembly for to imply a universal vertical relationship/fellowship with God
- that phrase was first used and found in Chapter 8 of Ignatius' Epistle to the Smyrnaeans

The "ancestry and lineage of the modern day Christian" can be gleaned from the bullet points striktlymi
- I tried as much to fast forward and condensed the "ancestry and lineage"
- They are there and apparent in the bullet points
1) I do not believe Jesus ever founded a church, what I am 100% sure about is that, He said He will build is ekklesia (i.e. Matthew 16:18) and not "church"
"And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, a small rock
and upon the large rock I will build my congregation
{Gr. ekklesia – called out ones},
and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against her."
- Matthew 16:18 Jubilee Bible 2000

2) Refer to #1 above
3) Well the word "Church", in letter and/or substance, clearly metamorphosed from "ekklesia" striktlymi
- Someone assisted and aided RCC get prominence status

i found it interesting that your write up was picking hairs. The greek word is ecclesia, the roman adopted the word as "ecclesia", "ecclesiam", the word church didn't appear until the 14th century. Ignatius, damascus, constantine didn't declear a "catholic church" the bore witness to a "catholicam ecclesiam".

But is is terrible that according to you, eclesia ended in the first century and church began in the 3rd century...

It took tremendous mental gymnastics to create a false difference where it doesn't exist....

How did you come up with that story?

1 Like

Re: E-Grace Convention 20-14 by BabaGnoni: 3:59am On Sep 14, 2014
Ubenedictus:

i found it interesting that your write up was picking hairs. The greek word is ecclesia, the roman adopted the word as "ecclesia", "ecclesiam", the word church didn't appear until the 14th century. Ignatius, damascus, constantine didn't declear a "catholic church" the bore witness to a "catholicam ecclesiam".

But is is terrible that according to you, eclesia ended in the first century and church began in the 3rd century...

It took tremendous mental gymnastics to create a false difference where it doesn't exist....

How did you come up with that story?
^^^
(Church History): Where Did We Come From and Where are We Headed?
https://www.nairaland.com/1856979/e-grace-convention-20-14/2#25506104
Re: E-Grace Convention 20-14 by Ubenedictus(m): 5:20pm On Sep 16, 2014
BabaGnoni:
^^^
(Church History): Where Did We Come From and Where are We Headed?
https://www.nairaland.com/1856979/e-grace-convention-20-14/2#25506104

i actually read it all before the 1st comment and it didn't help ur case either.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Between A Father And A Mother Who Struggles More? / If The Bible Is A Fairy-Tale, Then Why Is It Banned In At Least 52 Countries? / Which Is Wrong: From The Christian's Perspective?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.