Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,660 members, 7,801,914 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:36 AM

Pls Guys Tell Me If I Was Wrong. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Pls Guys Tell Me If I Was Wrong. (1277 Views)

How To Answer ‘Tell Me About Yourself’ At A Job Interview / When I Was Filling Fidelity Bank Recruitment Form Online See Wat I Saw / So I Was Wrong To Be Graduate-4 Yrs Now No Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Guys Tell Me If I Was Wrong. by Nobody: 9:22am On Aug 14, 2014
I applied for a job in Lagos online... I stay in Abuja.
Days later, I got an email alert on my phone, upon checking it, I found this;
This role is based in Lagos. And the salary is not mind blowing for you t consider relocating to lagos for. And the interview will also be in Lagos or what do you think?‬

Warm Regards

Company and sender's name withheld

I place a call to the phone numbers in the message immediately and inquired if the organisation has any provision for transportation i.e. Staff bus. But the guy on the other end said No. And I told him, I'll get back to him once I made up my mind to go for the test.

NB: Based on the content of the msg, I assumed that technically, I was short-listed for the apptitude test... But the distance ish prompted them to seek my opinion if I could make it.

Fast forward. I emailed the HR guy that I was going to make the journey, though I didn't get any response.

I made the journey against all odds anyway. On the day of the test, as early as possible, I called him for directives on how to get to the ground. Alas! He told me he didn't remember sending me an invite to come for the test. I was fatally disheartened. I forwarded our earlier conversations to him, but he won't give a damn anyway.

I've blamed myself and still struggling to forgive my ignorance since then, but it seems my sense of judgement is over clouded.

Pls nlanders, was I totally wrong?

I need to get this stuff off my chest.
Re: Pls Guys Tell Me If I Was Wrong. by purplesummer(f): 9:29am On Aug 14, 2014
If you must know, you were not totally wrong. You acted on a reasonable assumption( still an assumption anyway).

My advice is, stop wallowing in self pity and move on!

1 Like

Re: Pls Guys Tell Me If I Was Wrong. by Nobody: 9:35am On Aug 14, 2014
Sincere apologies for waste of time and tfair.. But next tym, u shoulda seen an invite for the test before anytin, u can't live with assumptions, you gotta make sure u av an invite first before any step.. Maybe the message sent to you was just to let you know you are not considered for the job...

1 Like

Re: Pls Guys Tell Me If I Was Wrong. by Nobody: 10:12am On Aug 14, 2014
That HR guy is so incompetent! !!! What stopped him from replying the email about your proposed plan to make it to the test?? It would hv saved you a whole lota stress and money...again, you told them during the phone conversation that you were going to get back to them if you eventually want to embark on the journey wch you did...the email sent to you by the HR guy about the job being in Lagos bla bla, even had "what do you think?", showing you had an option of coming or not. ..Guy, I don't blame you. .I blame the lame company for their incompetence and insensitivity. .bwt, what kinda company sends msg to applicants telling them the job is in Lag and the salary bla bla bla? undecided undecided

how did you get to know the exam date and venue? Did they tell you? Or you got it from other applicants?? If you got it from other applicants, you would hv enquired about your own invite. ...

Guy, just move on and stop nurturing pain from yesterday's hurt..life must go on..Better opportunities must come....we hv all learnt our lessons. .I wish you the best in your endeavours...

Eehhheemm, job seeking na mad man!!! grin grin We must overcome cool cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Pls Guys Tell Me If I Was Wrong. by Nobody: 10:30am On Aug 14, 2014
polymathic: Sincere apologies for waste of time and tfair.. But next tym, u shoulda seen an invite for the test before anytin, u can't live with assumptions, you gotta make sure u av an invite first before any step.. Maybe the message sent to you was just to let you know you are not considered for the job...

But he asked for my opinion... And I finally told him, I was coming anyway.
Re: Pls Guys Tell Me If I Was Wrong. by Nobody: 10:47am On Aug 14, 2014
MarvellousGod: That HR guy is so incompetent! !!! What stopped him from replying the email about your proposed plan to make it to the test?? It would hv saved you a whole lota stress and money...again, you told them during the phone conversation that you were going to get back to them if you eventually want to embark on the journey wch you did...the email sent to you by the HR guy about the job being in Lagos bla bla, even had "what do you think?", showing you had an option of coming or not. ..Guy, I don't blame you. .I blame the lame company for their incompetence and insensitivity. .bwt, what kinda company sends msg to applicants telling them the job is in Lag and the salary bla bla bla? undecided undecided

how did you get to know the exam date and venue? Did they tell you? Or you got it from other applicants?? If you got it from other applicants, you would hv enquired about your own invite. ...

Guy, just move on and stop nurturing pain from yesterday's hurt..life must go on..Better opportunities must come....we hv all learnt our lessons. .I wish you the best in your endeavours...

Eehhheemm, job seeking na mad man!!! grin grin We must overcome cool cheesy

The guy's a friend of my cousin who works with etisalat... In Abuja. Once there was vacancy in his office, been an acquaintance to her, he forwarded the advert to her and she inturn forwarded it to me... Funny abi? cheesy

Oh! I forgot to add... It's an international law firm.
Re: Pls Guys Tell Me If I Was Wrong. by Nobody: 11:00am On Aug 14, 2014
emmyrichie:

The guy's a friend of my cousin who works with etisalat... In Abuja. Once there was vacancy in his office, been an acquaintance to her, he forwarded the advert to her and she inturn forwarded it to me... Funny abi? cheesy

Oh! I forgot to add... It's an international law firm.
Not funny ooo, good you're networking cheesy cheesy

If you're still in Lag, the lady can perhaps help you get another schedule? ?

Whichever way, just move on and pray for better opportunities. ..
Re: Pls Guys Tell Me If I Was Wrong. by Nobody: 11:28am On Aug 14, 2014
emmyrichie:

But he asked for my opinion... And I finally told him, I was coming anyway.
Wow!!!! Maybe the guy s high or something..... Anyways tho, just forget 'bout it and forge ahead...

2 Likes

Re: Pls Guys Tell Me If I Was Wrong. by Nobody: 7:23pm On Aug 14, 2014
Move on bro, you were not wrong. Cheers.
Re: Pls Guys Tell Me If I Was Wrong. by Nobody: 8:08pm On Aug 14, 2014
tobiflink: Move on bro, you were not wrong. Cheers.

Thanks man... I feel relieved.
Re: Pls Guys Tell Me If I Was Wrong. by Daluuzor(m): 10:03pm On Aug 14, 2014
OP, next time, pls seek confirmation and advice from Nairaland forum, Trust me, u woulda saved urself lotta stress.
my 2 cents bro.
Re: Pls Guys Tell Me If I Was Wrong. by Uchboggy(m): 4:27am On Aug 15, 2014
I think you were being too desperate, when a HR has descended low enough to tell u facts about the job with explanations n u still left abj to lagos on assumption? Nooooo,that's so not right!

Well just chill a bit in lagos,something is coming
Re: Pls Guys Tell Me If I Was Wrong. by Nobody: 7:32am On Aug 15, 2014
Uchboggy: I think you were being too desperate, when a HR has descended low enough to tell u facts about the job with explanations n u still left abj to lagos on assumption? Nooooo,that's so not right!

Well just chill a bit in lagos,something is coming

Perhaps I was desperate. The test was scheduled for yesterday, hence, my resolve to travel to Lag.

Thanks anyway.

(1) (Reply)

General Interview Advice: Things you should Know / 2014 Lagos State Civil Service Commission Applicants !!!!!! / Recruitment:oil Rig Jobs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.