Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,965 members, 7,799,278 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:20 PM

. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / . (1926 Views)

Broken & Dejected: Found Out Wife Is Having An Affair With A Family Friend. / Marrying A Girl From A Broken Home...does It Really Matter? / Is It True That Ladies From Broken Homes Are Not A Good Wife Material? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by amaprincess(f): 9:45am On Aug 14, 2014

16 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 9:52am On Aug 14, 2014
Full of emotions and truth. Best post of the day. wink

3 Likes

Re: . by eleojo23: 9:57am On Aug 14, 2014
I'm touched. Op, it is encouraging to know that you have used your past unfortunate experience as a motivation to help those who are currently facing similar situations. There is no better voice against divorce than that of someone who has experienced it's effects firsthand. God bless your efforts.

3 Likes

Re: . by cirmuell(m): 10:01am On Aug 14, 2014
I have a huge plan for this set of people when the time comes. smiley
Re: . by breadplanets(f): 10:10am On Aug 14, 2014
Its not easy at all. Thankfully my mother took me and my brother wherever she went. So it didnt matter whether we ate or not. We were together. But till date we cant relate with popsy at all. Whenever we spend more than one hour with him it becomes irritating. On my part marriage scares d bejeezus out of me. Hmmmm.... Growing up in a broken home no be beans at all at all. But in all we still give thanks to God.

5 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 11:14am On Aug 14, 2014
Nice write up @op. pure reality of life. keep up the good work
Re: . by KanwuliaJara: 11:14am On Aug 14, 2014
Barack Obama is from a SUPER "BROKE HOME". . . . .
So is Prince WILLIAM. . . .

OPRAH WINFREY nko?

No need for a pity party! Sounds like clinical depression. I doubt NGOs can help MOST of these cases. kiss
Na poverty be the problem here o!

5 Likes

Re: . by SAMBARRY: 11:35am On Aug 14, 2014
Try and listen to Whitney Houston's song. :where do broken hearts go, you will understand what the person in question is feeling
KanwuliaJara: Barack Obama is from a SUPER "BROKE HOME". . . . .

OPRAH WINFREY nko?

No need for a pity party! Sounds like clinical depression. I doubt NGOs can help MOST of these cases. kiss
Re: . by KanwuliaJara: 11:43am On Aug 14, 2014
SAMBARRY: Try and listen to Whitney Houston's song. :where do broken hearts go, you will understand what the person in question is feeling

My point is that THEY ALL SURVIVED. . . , . and did make the best of the worst situations! kiss
The world is all about SURVIVING! kiss
No need for pity parties!

Only STRONG ROLE MODELS should mentor the weak. Not DEPRESSED PEEPS! Nothing like a bunch of miserable people getting together!
TOTAL DISASTER! kiss

1 Like

Re: . by cococandy(f): 12:28pm On Aug 14, 2014
The main problem is that ADULTS use kids to settle scores and drive home bitter points in their fight for revenge or whatever it is they are after when they get divorced.

If ADULTS would be less selfish and think first about the kids in the union,there will be less cases of parents denied access to their children by the other party or children passed around from one relative to the other because mommy or daddy wants to move on with their lives.
As if the kids aren't a part of that life.

1 Like

Re: . by temi4fash(m): 12:39pm On Aug 14, 2014
KanwuliaJara:

My point is that THEY ALL SURVIVED. . . , . and did make the best of the worst situations! kiss
The world is all about SURVIVING! kiss
No need for pity parties!

Only STRONG ROLE MODELS should mentor the weak. Not DEPRESSED PEEPS! Nothing like a bunch of miserable people getting together!
TOTAL DISASTER! kiss
yes they all did... But do know how many go thru that route and never survived...
Re: . by SAMBARRY: 1:17pm On Aug 14, 2014
temi4fash: yes they all did... But do know how many go thru that route and never survived...
exactly my point. Not everyone is that emotionally strong
Re: . by Nobody: 1:29pm On Aug 14, 2014
KanwuliaJara: Barack Obama is from a SUPER "BROKE HOME". . . . .

OPRAH WINFREY nko?

True.
Re: . by KanwuliaJara: 3:12pm On Aug 14, 2014
temi4fash: yes they all did... But do know how many go thru that route and never survived...

MANY!
They can NEVER be helped!
It is left to the individual to rescu himself or herself from the demons that plague him/her or SUCCUMB! kiss
Re: . by Nobody: 3:19pm On Aug 14, 2014
I admire how you transform the negative experiences in your life into something positive. kiss

2 Likes

Re: . by hydeka: 3:31pm On Aug 14, 2014
Very nice thread. Kudos Op. Mynd44 frontpage please. Thank you.

4 Likes

Re: . by Dainy1(m): 5:07pm On Aug 14, 2014
Nice one @op. growing up in a broken home is not really easy. i remember how my ex parent treated me just because i told them i was from a broken home. we eventually broke up, but thank God today am a happy married man. i don't know what my life would have been if i do not met my wife.
Nice work you're doing. talking to someone and listening to them could actually go a long way.

2 Likes

Re: . by hydeka: 6:02pm On Aug 14, 2014
Double post.

2 Likes

Re: . by Beautifulme4me: 8:26pm On Aug 14, 2014
love this @op
Re: . by vikel2104: 3:47am On Aug 15, 2014
hydeka: Very nice thread. Kudos Op. Mynd44 frontpage please. Thank you.
seconded. Frontpage
Re: . by Arsenate(m): 8:47am On Aug 15, 2014
that's why it pisses me so bad to read posters here on nairaland encouraging anyone with any sort of marital problem to divorce.
divorce is terrible: the child usually suffers the most. only selfish people take divorce as an escape route.
@op I really appreciate your situation. it's well.

1 Like

Re: . by amaprincess(f): 6:05pm On Aug 15, 2014
Thanks all

4 Likes

Re: . by hydeka: 4:40am On Aug 16, 2014
hydeka: Very nice thread. Kudos Op. Mynd44 frontpage please. Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: . by Dainy1(m): 8:56am On Aug 16, 2014
vikel2104: seconded. Frontpage
So this thread has not been taken to front page @mod. pls front page

3 Likes

Re: . by pickabeau1: 10:12am On Aug 16, 2014
Nice thread

Please no front page
Re: . by Edykul(f): 11:06am On Aug 16, 2014
@OP,this is a nice initiative.......My prayers are with u as u take up d challenging task.

1 Like

Re: . by shelter4luving(f): 1:00pm On Aug 16, 2014
andromida:

True.
What's true about that?

2 Likes

Re: . by shelter4luving(f): 1:02pm On Aug 16, 2014

1 Like

Re: . by vikel2104: 7:18am On Aug 17, 2014
Keep the family united, save children from the trauma caused by broken homes.

1 Like

Re: . by IFELEKE(m): 11:46am On Aug 17, 2014
@OP,
Thank God mercy found you...
It's not easy to be a product of a broken home, more difficult if one is trying to make a positive difference...I am glad for you.
Let your scars be a constant reminder of where you are coming from, an appreciation for where you are and a driving force for where you aspire to be...
All The Best!

3 Likes

Re: . by amaprincess(f): 1:45pm On Aug 17, 2014
THANK U ALL

1 Like

Re: . by royalsweetness(f): 1:48pm On Aug 17, 2014
@ OP, people from broken homes would come here to diss you because they are still in denial and are yet to accept their hildhood. You are brave, success in your endeavours.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Goat Born With ‘Human’ Face: Farming Family In Trouble (Warning:Graphic Images) / For Men Only: Six Unconventional Ways To Attain Success / I Am Losing My Mind Right Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.