Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,132 members, 7,807,435 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:24 PM

Dumbest Questions You've Ever Been Asked? - Jokes Etc (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Dumbest Questions You've Ever Been Asked? (34741 Views)

Those Questions You've Always Wanted To Ask.. / What's The Dumbest Question U'v Ever Been Asked? / Whats The Dumbest Questions You’ve Ever Been Asked? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dumbest Questions You've Ever Been Asked? by Ferdinandu(m): 2:48am On Aug 15, 2014
stacomaster: In a Restaurant..

Welcome sir .. Will you guys need a table sir??

NO we came to eat on the floor ..carpet for Five please..
That is not a dumb question. The guy think say all of una na Aboki. They no they use table eat now.
Re: Dumbest Questions You've Ever Been Asked? by Nobody: 3:30am On Aug 15, 2014
Some of these "stúpid questions" are direct translations from our native languages.

The literal translation for "welcome" in my language is: "You have arrived". Another one is "You have returned".

There are a lot of "confirmation" features in Nigerian conversation, that are clearly rhetorical, as the answer is obvious.

Another example: When you are receiving a lecture, and the person scolding you asks you if you have heard (my language has an exact equivalent of that one too).

That's just the result of expressing mother tongue sentiments with a foreign language. *shrug*

2 Likes

Re: Dumbest Questions You've Ever Been Asked? by alphaomega(m): 4:40am On Aug 15, 2014
picture dis....
On a hot aftanoon, u r sitting outsyd ur aws, wt no shirt on;''collecting breeze'' n ur padi comes by n says ''ol boi, una no gt lyt?''

1 Like

Re: Dumbest Questions You've Ever Been Asked? by Nobody: 6:37am On Aug 15, 2014
What is the website of NSCDC? Wtf! Not like i'm Mr shem
Re: Dumbest Questions You've Ever Been Asked? by Merryglad(f): 6:40am On Aug 15, 2014
some pple will knock the toilet door,u will answer yessss,then they will ask u wat re u doing?......am recieveing extramoral class for post utme
Re: Dumbest Questions You've Ever Been Asked? by abduldope(m): 6:43am On Aug 15, 2014
nneh1: To me none of these infuriate me. The dumbest question I have been asked are
1: how old are you
2; are you a virgin
3; why don't you drink
4; why don't u wear trouser
5; why can't u dance
So many why's. Infact I'm getting use to them.
good 4 u
Re: Dumbest Questions You've Ever Been Asked? by JstBrave(f): 6:47am On Aug 15, 2014
SAPEDRO: What is the website of NSCDC? Wtf! Not like i'm Mr shem

double u double u double u dot nscdc dat's all.

Back to the matter, a guy called me and I told him wanted to sleep. When I woke up and I called him, his first question was 'Are you awake?'.

For my mind, I was like 'No, I am calling you from my dream' :|

2 Likes

Re: Dumbest Questions You've Ever Been Asked? by buoye1(m): 7:22am On Aug 15, 2014
I was at the ATM to withdraw money and a frnd called....

Frnd:T-baba where are you?

Me:@ the ATM

Frnd:what are you doing there?

Me:i wan buy pepper!!
Re: Dumbest Questions You've Ever Been Asked? by pinkrose7: 7:24am On Aug 15, 2014
Visited my granny and someone asked me " u don come"? Even as he saw me cooking. I was probably leaving in the kitchen...lol
Re: Dumbest Questions You've Ever Been Asked? by dondavidson(m): 7:29am On Aug 15, 2014
defendedvictim: dumbest..dat Shud b wen i visited my uncle n he wz Lyk 'is dis u?'

he's afraid dt u came to ask for money.
He's wishing u were a ghost.

1 Like

Re: Dumbest Questions You've Ever Been Asked? by bankyblue(m): 7:53am On Aug 15, 2014
u don come? and am standing with him!
Re: Dumbest Questions You've Ever Been Asked? by dnawah(m): 8:11am On Aug 15, 2014
Those days when men were boys.i got one babe then,one night when we were on top of things.she held my moto and was trying to park it inside her garage forcefully.@ the door of the garage,she paused and ask me."what are u trying to do,u want f**k?"i said no.i want spoon.
Re: Dumbest Questions You've Ever Been Asked? by keandre: 9:08am On Aug 15, 2014
went to the market to buy sumtin,a frnd saw me nd asked'oboy so u de com market'?
Re: Dumbest Questions You've Ever Been Asked? by Goldpeas(m): 9:12am On Aug 15, 2014
Dumbest question I was asked in 2012.... Woke up very early and got set for work... With my folder and wore a suit and my flat mate saw me comingg out from my crib and he asked... " Are you going to work this morning"
Re: Dumbest Questions You've Ever Been Asked? by stacomaster(m): 9:19am On Aug 15, 2014
Ferdinandu: That is not a dumb question. The guy think say all of una na Aboki. They no they use table eat now.

Ok sir.. But am not aboki ..

1 Like

Re: Dumbest Questions You've Ever Been Asked? by ubiplanet(m): 9:27am On Aug 15, 2014
Playing a match
Friend just entered
Friend:-what's the score
Me:- 0:0
Friend:- abeg who they win

Waiting at the bus stop
Boy:- are you waiting for the bus
Me:- no I'm waiting to board a flight

1 Like

Re: Dumbest Questions You've Ever Been Asked? by Dbestmax(m): 9:32am On Aug 15, 2014
defendedvictim: dumbest..dat Shud b wen i visited my uncle n he wz Lyk 'is dis u?'
No not me ...Na we
Re: Dumbest Questions You've Ever Been Asked? by Nobody: 9:40am On Aug 15, 2014
olagamalin: How can someone "draw a blank"?

It is an expression, 'I came to your house and drew a blank', means that I came to your house and met your absence. Just an expression.

1 Like

Re: Dumbest Questions You've Ever Been Asked? by Packup(m): 9:41am On Aug 15, 2014
What is temperature?from a frend con see laughing.........dont judge me na waec cos am
Re: Dumbest Questions You've Ever Been Asked? by Jhayson(m): 9:42am On Aug 15, 2014
lipsrsealed*lips sealed*
*lips sealed*
*lips sealed*

1 Like

Re: Dumbest Questions You've Ever Been Asked? by olagamalin(m): 9:45am On Aug 15, 2014
mekula:

It is an expression, 'I came to your house and drew a blank', means that I came to your house and met your absence. Just an expression.
Insufferable know-it-all , chill bro .... Im fully aware of its meaning. The purport of posting it is to induce humor. Its neva that serious
Re: Dumbest Questions You've Ever Been Asked? by Nobody: 10:00am On Aug 15, 2014
olagamalin: Insufferable know-it-all , chill bro .... Im fully aware of its meaning. The purport of posting it is to induce humor. Its neva that serious

Good to know that you know the meaning. But what you lacked was the sarcasm to drive home your humor. You sounded serious, like something spewed out of ignorance. Peace.

2 Likes

Re: Dumbest Questions You've Ever Been Asked? by Nobody: 10:01am On Aug 15, 2014
You are waiting for a train in a train station and someone comes and ask, hasn't the train arrived yet? If it has arrived, would I still be standing here?

Sitting all alone and my girlfriend comes in and asked, babe, what are you thinking?... Reply: If I wanted you to know I would be talking.
Re: Dumbest Questions You've Ever Been Asked? by defendedvictim(m): 10:12am On Aug 15, 2014
dondavidson:

he's afraid dt u came to ask for money.
He's wishing u were a ghost.
haha

1 Like

Re: Dumbest Questions You've Ever Been Asked? by olagamalin(m): 10:14am On Aug 15, 2014
mekula:

Good to know that you know the meaning. But what you lacked was the sarcasm to drive home your humor. You sounded serious, like something spewed out of ignorance. Peace.
While I won't bother to criticize the inchoate explanation you provided for that term. It is necessary to fully state how much of a cretin that you are.
I'd like to leave you with one thought, but I'm not sure you
have anywhere to put it!
Food For thought : .Some people bring
happiness wherever they go; while some like you, bring happiness whenever you go. (Do have a good day)
Re: Dumbest Questions You've Ever Been Asked? by bankyteemoney(m): 10:16am On Aug 15, 2014
Make I show?
Re: Dumbest Questions You've Ever Been Asked? by leki10(m): 10:30am On Aug 15, 2014
On a sunday morning, i had already dressed up. My rummate be like; ar u goin to church.
I answered...No, i wan go play ball
Re: Dumbest Questions You've Ever Been Asked? by Nobody: 10:33am On Aug 15, 2014
olagamalin: While I won't bother to criticize the inchoate explanation you provided for that term. It is necessary to fully state how much of a cretin that you are.
I'd like to leave you with one thought, but I'm not sure you
have anywhere to put it!
Food For thought : .Some people bring
happiness wherever they go; while some like you, bring happiness whenever you go. (Do have a good day)

If you had even half a brain, you would be more creative in throwing invectives and not to recycle all insults that you've seen on NL. It just shows how much of a slow poke you are who has nothing but used tissue paper up in your skull for Grey matter. Pussilanimous weasel.

1 Like

Re: Dumbest Questions You've Ever Been Asked? by olagamalin(m): 10:46am On Aug 15, 2014
mekula:

If you had even half a brain, you would be more creative in throwing invectives and not to recycle all insults that you've seen on NL. It just shows how much of a slow poke you are who has nothing but used tissue paper up in your skull for Grey matter. Pussilanimous weasel.
wow ... This dude is looking for some attention. I know i told you to have a good day, buh on 2nd thought... I actually don't care. I have a busy day ahead & as much I would like to trade invectives ... you aint worth it. On a lighter note ... U shud consider suing your brains for non-support (Classic example of wasted youth) .ODABO!!!
Re: Dumbest Questions You've Ever Been Asked? by valentineebele(m): 11:01am On Aug 15, 2014
my rumie entered into d rum saw me watching tele and asked me is there light... wat should i tell him.
Dis guy is gud at asking DUMB questions.
Re: Dumbest Questions You've Ever Been Asked? by Nobody: 11:19am On Aug 15, 2014
Some dudes and copy and paste. Posters should stop repeating stuff that has already been posted by others. It is elongating the thread unnecessarily.
Re: Dumbest Questions You've Ever Been Asked? by honeric01(m): 11:31am On Aug 15, 2014
valentineebele: my rumie entered into d rum saw me watching tele and asked me is there light... wat should i tell him.
Dis guy is gud at asking DUMB questions.

Unless he knows you don't have a gen or an inverter, his question is valid and not dumb!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Hilarious Photos & Joke Of The Day / My Awful Job Interview Experience At NNPC Company Today / Funny Or Not?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.