Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,580 members, 7,809,106 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:16 PM

Top Five Universities In The South East - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Top Five Universities In The South East (30217 Views)

Which Are The Best Five Universities In Southeast? / Best Five Universities In Nigeria To Study Biochemistry As A Course. / Which Are The First Five Universities In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top Five Universities In The South East by mrking3(m): 6:52am On Aug 15, 2014
cjrane:

No doubt, Abia State University is the best purpose built university in the Southeast that resembles a higher institution one finds in advanced countries such as USA. Unfortunately, subsequent Imo governors and now Abia governors have been unable to improve on the architectural masterpiece Chief Sam Onunaka Mbakwe left for posterity. If there were an Igbo awolowo in terms of investment in education, it is clearly Dee Sam Mabakwe.
ESUT would have been the next best university if they stuck to it's beautiful master plan. The syndrome of building cheap mushroom structures is gradually creeping in, distorting the original master plan.

UNN has lots of heavy old structures, but it is still a beautiful school. UNZIK, is good academically, but still needs to develop it's permanent site orderly rather than the current piecemeal approach, one building per year. In order to match it's impressive academic prowess with a befitting, wonderful university campus environment. Adopting the pattern used in Abia state university, where pine and palm trees were used to completely transform the campus to resemble what one finds abroad will do a lot to catapult UNIZIK to among st the world's most prestigious schools.
FUTO and Umudike are just there, but they are very good academically. EBSU ,ANSU and IMSU need to focus on creating a beautiful master plan for their permanent sites.They hold a lot of promise if they have visionary leaders focused on creating world class universities rather than more of the usual mushroom structures they like to call "temporary" scattered haphazardly across the university campus landscape.
At least Peter Obi gave a whopping N5 billion naira to ANSU for their permanent site at Igbariam, that should enable a visionary Vice Chancellor adequate funds to implement a beautiful master-plan for a world class institution. Hopefully, the ANSU V.C will pay attention to providing a truly conducive university environment by grassing open spaces and generously using trees and flowers all over the campus such as in ABSU shown below.
well said! I cannot but agree with you in all its entirety!
Re: Top Five Universities In The South East by UcLloyd: 6:58am On Aug 15, 2014
FUTO should be 3rd on that list. Wch lecture hall look like shiit? Engineering lecture hall? Abi Sosc? Abi SMAT? Abi Hall Of Mercy? Kai! This list is full of sentiments. Imagine EBSU better than Futo? Even with the new buildings. As of this year, I was in FUTO to collect my cert, FUTO should be 3rd on that list. Is not about renovating 3 buildings oh. Asides UNN and. UNZIK, FUTO should have top the list. Been to UNN, heard scores of UNIZIK, been to EBSU. Abeg adjust that list and give FUTO it's rightful position before I vex.
Re: Top Five Universities In The South East by oluwasegunfummi: 6:58am On Aug 15, 2014
I visited MOUAU, every lecture hall has a projector and a laptop, that school get swag for academics die.........eko ooni baje ooooo cool

2 Likes

Re: Top Five Universities In The South East by oluwasegunfummi: 7:08am On Aug 15, 2014
Lest I forget, MOUAU is the only school have been to that has cctv cameras all over the school, the newly constructed hostel has more than 20 gigantic buildings and all rooms are selfcon with its own toilet and bathroom, I rarely see this in other nigerian universities...........eko ooni baje oooo cool

3 Likes

Re: Top Five Universities In The South East by mrking3(m): 7:11am On Aug 15, 2014
IGBOSON1: I'm impressed with the little i've seen of Abia University! ESUT needs to up their game in terms of landscaping......they should borrow a leaf from Abia Uni by greening up and properly demarcating their open spaces! Check the Enugu thread for what i mean!

And the structures look solid too! If T.A Orji is responsible for this, then i guess he's not so bad after all!
those structures were sam mbakwe's legacy! His succesors only came to siphon money and didn't do a jack about the school. I think the writer that quoted me just said it all! Orji uzor Kalu diverted most of the funds to build his own private Uni at Igbere!
Re: Top Five Universities In The South East by spyder880(m): 7:11am On Aug 15, 2014
ESUT

1 Like

Re: Top Five Universities In The South East by spyder880(m): 7:17am On Aug 15, 2014
ESUT Agbani, Enugu state.

Faculty of law

Female hostel

1 Like

Re: Top Five Universities In The South East by Abagworo(m): 7:33am On Aug 15, 2014
cjrane:

No doubt, Abia State University is the best purpose built university in the Southeast that resembles a higher institution one finds in advanced countries such as USA. Unfortunately, subsequent Imo governors and now Abia governors have been unable to improve on the architectural masterpiece Chief Sam Onunaka Mbakwe left for posterity. If there were an Igbo awolowo in terms of investment in education, it is clearly Dee Sam Mbakwe.

ABSU is the finest school in the East when it comes to general beauty and environmental friendliness but the credit is not Mbakwe's as it was built in the late 80s or early 90s long after Mbakwe was out of Government. ABSU just like Imo Airport were built with contributions from the Imo State citizens as Nigeria was too poor then for States to embark on such projects. Ike Nwachukwu deliberately left the area earmarked for it around Mbaise and went to build it in his area of Isuikwuato. Today it has been seeded to Abia while the Airport was seeded to Imo.

2 Likes

Re: Top Five Universities In The South East by oluwasegunfummi: 7:43am On Aug 15, 2014
This is what makes a school and MOUAU has it.

1 Like

Re: Top Five Universities In The South East by oluwasegunfummi: 7:47am On Aug 15, 2014
Being a good school isn't all about aesthetics or structures, its all about infrastructure for students. MOUAU is equipped as far as nigeria is concerned.

2 Likes

Re: Top Five Universities In The South East by Abagworo(m): 7:56am On Aug 15, 2014
oluwasegunfummi: Being a good school isn't all about aesthetics or structures, its all about infrastructure for students. MOUAU is equipped as far as nigeria is concerned.

You are absolutely right in that sense. MOUAU probably has the best equipped research institute. I've had some foreigners visit Umudike for some research and came back telling me they never knew such thing existed in Nigeria. That it is comparable to what obtains in advanced countries.

3 Likes

Re: Top Five Universities In The South East by kaeto(m): 8:02am On Aug 15, 2014
Kasynpaulsyn1997: . if nah top 6,then futo might be the 6th buh.....
You are just another funny teenager. where is FUTO? same question everyone is asking and it makes no sense to you? how on earth can ebsu, absu, imsu, unizik and all the other secondary schools be ranked ahead of FUTO? only an insane fellow will make such unimaginable compilation.

1 Like

Re: Top Five Universities In The South East by oluwasegunfummi: 8:10am On Aug 15, 2014
As far as am concerned, no state university should be on that list, absu would have made it, but the school is just to dead academically, haven gone to most universities in the east, this is my list:

UNN
FUTO
UNIZIK
MOUAU
Others are still learning........eko ooni baje oooo cool

1 Like

Re: Top Five Universities In The South East by oluwasegunfummi: 8:17am On Aug 15, 2014
You see most state university students going to the federal universities to copy project works, the federal universities in the east make researches and exhume new findings, that is what makes a university, we should stop deluding ourselves, go online and search for the researches carried out in UNN, UNIZIK, FUTO, MOUAU, most of those state universities are just joking academically, most of them sort lecturers to graduate, which rarely happen in the schools mentioned above...........eko ooni baje oooo cool
Re: Top Five Universities In The South East by mrking3(m): 8:18am On Aug 15, 2014
oluwasegunfummi: Being a good school isn't all about aesthetics or structures, its all about infrastructure fro students. MOUAU is equipped as far as nigeria is concerned.
bros!! Virtually all schools now have projectors and digital board! NO BIG DEAL About it! As far back as 2005 session, during prof. Mkpa's administration as the vice chancellor of ABSU, the school already got electronic Library, projectors in few of the classes then. I left that school in 2009. If I were still a student, would have bombarded this thread with massive impressive pictures! In terms of academics, Absu aint doing bad as well. Back then our mode of exam was MCQ marked electronically aimed at curbing exam malpractice! For pete's sake! Guys should stop using WEBOMETRICK ranking as yard stick to judge academic performance of uni's or which Uni is the best! That's the mistake most peeps do here! And please! Before saying your school is the best or whatever, make sure you have full knowledge of other schools before arriving at conclusion! Don't just sit your ass down in your room and come up with one crapy list. Before I filled my jamb form in 2003, I personally visited most universities like UNIJOS, ABU, UNICAL, LAG, MOUA, IMSU, UNIBEN, UI, LASU, before I finnaly settled for UNN and ABSU! There's nothing about this schools that I don't know!!! Digitally wise, I think UNILORIN is still ahead of any school for now! I just learnt freshers are even entitled to Free lecture Ipads and all that!
Re: Top Five Universities In The South East by oluwasegunfummi: 8:21am On Aug 15, 2014
mrking3: bros!! Virtually all schools now have projectors and digital board! NO BIG DEAL About it! As far back as 2005 session, during prof. Mkpa's administration as the vice chancellor of ABSU, the school already got electronic Library, projectors in few of the classes then. I left that school in 2009. If I were still a student, would have bombarded this thread with massive impressive pictures! In terms of academics, Absu aint doing bad as well. Back then our mode of exam was MCQ marked electronically aimed at curbing exam malpractice! For pete's sake! Guys should stop using WEBOMETRICK ranking as yard stick to judge academic performance of uni's or which Uni is the best! That's the mistake most peeps do here! And please! Before saying your school is the best or whatever, make sure you have full knowledge of other schools before arriving at conclusion! Don't just sit your ass down in your room and come up with one crapy list. Before I filled my jamb form in 2003, I personally visited most universities like UNIJOS, ABU, UNICAL, LAG, MOUA, IMSU, UNIBEN, UI, LASU, before I finnaly settled for UNN and ABSU! There's nothing about this schools that I don't know!!! Digitally wise, I think UNILORIN is still ahead of any school for now! I just learnt freshers are even entitled to Free lecture Ipads and all that!
am not a student of MOUAU, I just visited the school for a work recently and I was impressed. Mind you, not all halls in ABSU has digital facilities, its of no use lying to defend ABSU.
Re: Top Five Universities In The South East by mrking3(m): 8:27am On Aug 15, 2014
oluwasegunfummi: You see most state university students going to the federal universities to copy project works, the federal universities in the east make researches and exhume new findings, that is what makes a university, we should stop deluding ourselves, go online and search for the researches carried out in UNN, UNIZIK, FUTO, MOUAU, most of those state universities are just joking academically, most of them sort lecturers to graduate, which rarely happen in the schools mentioned above...........eko ooni baje oooo cool
bros which UNI did you graduate from? Coz from this post, you don't sound like a Graduate!! Sorry to say! Not sure you did Philosophy and LOGIC in your first year!
Re: Top Five Universities In The South East by oluwasegunfummi: 8:31am On Aug 15, 2014
mrking3: bros which UNI did you graduate from? Coz from this post, you don't sound like a Graduate!! Sorry to say! Not sure you did Philosophy and LOGIC in your first year!
its my opinion, the OP gave his and I gave mine.

1 Like

Re: Top Five Universities In The South East by mrking3(m): 8:37am On Aug 15, 2014
oluwasegunfummi: its my opinion, the OP gave his and I gave mine.
I see you're entitled to your Opinion reason why you can sit in your toilet and post whatever crap that comes from your mind!!
Re: Top Five Universities In The South East by oluwasegunfummi: 8:39am On Aug 15, 2014
mrking3: I see you're entitled to your Opinion reason why you can sit in your toilet and post whatever crap that comes from your mind!!
sorry if it hurts you, but its the truth
Re: Top Five Universities In The South East by mrking3(m): 8:48am On Aug 15, 2014
oluwasegunfummi: sorry if it hurts you, but its the truth
young man go face your book if at all you're even schooling! Coz you look like someone that just wrote this recent post utme! ... Don't spend all your time on nairaland posting crap! ... Some of us are posting from the comfort of our office! And ofcourse thank God its friday! That's why I have all the godamn time to engage you!! #okbye!! I'm out!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top Five Universities In The South East by oluwasegunfummi: 8:50am On Aug 15, 2014
mrking3: young man go face your book if at all you're even schooling! Coz you look like someone that just wrote this recent post utme! ... Don't spend all your time on nairaland posting crap! ... Some of us are posting from the comfort of our office! And ofcourse thank God its friday! That's why I have all the godamn time to engage you!! #okbye!! I'm out!!
hahahahahahahahah, funny you.
Re: Top Five Universities In The South East by ak47mann(m): 8:56am On Aug 15, 2014
cool
Re: Top Five Universities In The South East by Nobody: 8:58am On Aug 15, 2014
mrking3: young man go face your book if at all you're even schooling! Coz you look like someone that just wrote this recent post utme! ... Don't spend all your time on nairaland posting crap! ... Some of us are posting from the comfort of our office! And ofcourse thank God its friday! That's why I have all the godamn time to engage you!! #okbye!! I'm out!!
that yoruba. Impostor is not worth your time

2 Likes

Re: Top Five Universities In The South East by oluwasegunfummi: 9:06am On Aug 15, 2014
TribalEAST: that yoruba. Impostor is not worth your time
bros, are you now siding igbos against your brother? We yorubas are confused......eko ooni baje ooooO cool

2 Likes

Re: Top Five Universities In The South East by UcLloyd: 9:55am On Aug 15, 2014
mrking3: bros!! Virtually all schools now have projectors and digital board! NO BIG DEAL About it! As far back as 2005 session, during prof. Mkpa's administration as the vice chancellor of ABSU, the school already got electronic Library, projectors in few of the classes then. I left that school in 2009. If I were still a student, would have bombarded this thread with massive impressive pictures! In terms of academics, Absu aint doing bad as well. Back then our mode of exam was MCQ marked electronically aimed at curbing exam malpractice! For pete's sake! Guys should stop using WEBOMETRICK ranking as yard stick to judge academic performance of uni's or which Uni is the best! That's the mistake most peeps do here! And please! Before saying your school is the best or whatever, make sure you have full knowledge of other schools before arriving at conclusion! Don't just sit your ass down in your room and come up with one crapy list. Before I filled my jamb form in 2003, I personally visited most universities like UNIJOS, ABU, UNICAL, LAG, MOUA, IMSU, UNIBEN, UI, LASU, before I finnaly settled for UNN and ABSU! There's nothing about this schools that I don't know!!! Digitally wise, I think UNILORIN is still ahead of any school for now! I just learnt freshers are even entitled to Free lecture Ipads and all that!

I chose FUTO over Unical and Unilag if u must know. Your point, am sorry to say is pointless. U've not been to Futo, and u still had to push it under? As for Absu, my sister graduated from absu, so I also visited the school quite often, and I can say most of you are basing your grading on few new or renovated buildings. Buildings don't only make a school, what's inside the building is very important. I remember rejecting a UniUyo admission to read computer engineering, cuz they had No computer in that dept. Hope u get my drift?
Re: Top Five Universities In The South East by Nobody: 10:04am On Aug 15, 2014
I

1 Like

Re: Top Five Universities In The South East by Nobody: 10:59am On Aug 15, 2014
wat of Madoona
Re: Top Five Universities In The South East by mrking3(m): 11:02am On Aug 15, 2014
UcLloyd:

I chose FUTO over Unical and Unilag if u must know. Your point, am sorry to say is pointless. U've not been to Futo, and u still had to push it under? As for Absu, my sister graduated from absu, so I also visited the school quite often, and I can say most of you are basing your grading on few new or renovated buildings. Buildings don't only make a school, what's inside the building is very important. I remember rejecting a UniUyo admission to read computer engineering, cuz they had No computer in that dept. Hope u get my drift?
dude please get off my Mention!! I'm done with this Topic!

1 Like

Re: Top Five Universities In The South East by VAQAXY: 11:26am On Aug 15, 2014
Cjcrane, you have made some points though..

UNIZIK no doubt is one of youngest universities in Nigeria but has grown to overtake so many universities in Nigeria both in edifices/structures and academic excellence.

The school has some of the best refined lecturers in Nigeria and offers top flight services in academics..

Presently UNIZIK is among the first 3 most sought after universities in Nigeria.

I will take pictures and post..

TOP best 5 Nigerian universities both academics and infrastructure:

- UNIZIK

- UNN

- OAU

- UNIBEN

- UNILORIN

1 Like

Re: Top Five Universities In The South East by mikeywise(m): 12:31pm On Aug 15, 2014
@ op, it is not possible to mention the top 5 schools in the south east without mentioning ABSU, its just impossible.

1 Like

Re: Top Five Universities In The South East by o42austino(m): 12:34pm On Aug 15, 2014
mrking3: After UNN and FUTO, I think ABSU still have better structures than the rest schools apart from ESUTH which is newly built. Post pictures here to back up your point. We are now in a photo age.
Unizik pass una in terms of structures by Far.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ondo: Omoyeni Joy Folakemi Makes 9As In WAEC, 338 In JAMB, 1400/1600 In SAT / Zulum Embarrassed As JSS Students Can’t Write, Read. / Popular Sayings That Do Not Sound Right

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.