Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,510 members, 7,808,865 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:17 PM

Stream II Batch B 2014 NYSC Orientation Put On Hold. - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Stream II Batch B 2014 NYSC Orientation Put On Hold. (2330 Views)

2014 NYSC Presidential Honours Award / Batch B 2014 Osun Corpers Let's Meet Here / Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Stream II Batch B 2014 NYSC Orientation Put On Hold. by Eeser: 10:35pm On Aug 14, 2014
The DG NYSC Brigadier General Olawumi has announced the temporary suspension of the stream II batch B 2014 corp members orientation due to the outbreak of ebola.
Re: Stream II Batch B 2014 NYSC Orientation Put On Hold. by abimic(m): 11:06pm On Aug 14, 2014
Suspension of stream 2 orientation course for only the North Eastern States,lagos&osun would still begin theirs as stipulated,sep 1st.
Re: Stream II Batch B 2014 NYSC Orientation Put On Hold. by physseryor(f): 11:12pm On Aug 14, 2014
Why will dey suspend camping in the northern states leaving lagos where most of the evd cases has been recorded? #justasking#. This dosent make sense at all.
Re: Stream II Batch B 2014 NYSC Orientation Put On Hold. by adonismuller(m): 11:12pm On Aug 14, 2014
abimic: Suspension of stream 2 orientation course for only the North Eastern States,lagos&osun would still begin theirs as stipulated,sep 1st.
plz bro,did. U watch the news? How did u know Osun and lagos was exempted

1 Like

Re: Stream II Batch B 2014 NYSC Orientation Put On Hold. by Eeser: 11:19pm On Aug 14, 2014
The media houses did say in 6 states but didn't give an exception in anyway. May just be a slip on their part.
What is the rationale of suspending the orientation in the far northern states and then leaving out Lagos the main Ebola hub in the country and Osun about 4 hours drive from lagos.
Please... this thing affects all stream 2. Live with it.

1 Like

Re: Stream II Batch B 2014 NYSC Orientation Put On Hold. by abimic(m): 11:46pm On Aug 14, 2014
Well, I read mine on the AIT scrolled by news,where they did specified Lagos and Osun are exempted from the New directives.Can't really really pin-point the rationale behind leaving lag and Osun out of it.Hopefully NYSC in no distant time would clarify things better.
Re: Stream II Batch B 2014 NYSC Orientation Put On Hold. by Sabadon(m): 11:52pm On Aug 14, 2014
Source pls...saw mine in punch n i didnt see dem talking abt a pause,only talked abt making preperatns in NYSC clinics 4 possible outbreak of communicable disease...by d nysc d.g in issele-uku Delta state.
Re: Stream II Batch B 2014 NYSC Orientation Put On Hold. by abimic(m): 12:26am On Aug 15, 2014
Just watched the video reportage from AIT,
0.00GMT news,the DG said this at kubwa camp in Abuja today,he does specifically said,all corps members affected would by sure not spend extra day in the course of their Service year and seek for understanding.AIT reported for the umpteenth time that Lagos and Osun were exempted but I never heard the DG said that during when he was been interviewed,Maybe he already said that in the course of delivering his public speech was why AIT re-emphasized it..No cause for alarm,but if Lagos and Osun are truly not affected,it means NYSC is not in Nigeria,maybe their HQ is in US and knows not which states are Ebola prone.

3 Likes

Re: Stream II Batch B 2014 NYSC Orientation Put On Hold. by siegfried99(m): 3:43am On Aug 15, 2014
WTF?? sad
Re: Stream II Batch B 2014 NYSC Orientation Put On Hold. by sadiqabuch: 4:01am On Aug 15, 2014
Director-General of the National Youth Service Corps, Brig.-Gen. Johnson Olawumi
The management of the National Youth Service Corps has initiated moves to get state governments to integrate NYSC camps into the campaign against the Ebola Virus Disease.

The Director-General of the NYSC, Brig. Gen. Johnson Olawumi, disclosed this on Thursday at the Issele-Uku Orientation Camp, Delta State, while taking questions from reporters.

Olawumi said the NYSC scheme was in touch with all state commissioners of health to incorporate NYSC camps into their contingency plans, in case of any suspected outbreak of Ebola or other communicable diseases.

The Director-General said all NYSC camp clinics have been equipped with necessary items for the medical personnel to properly handle any suspected patient, should the case arise.

Olawumi described as pragmatic, the NYSC approach to issues concerning the welfare of corps members nationwide.

Copyright PUNCH.All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from PUNCH.
Re: Stream II Batch B 2014 NYSC Orientation Put On Hold. by yokiti: 11:17am On Aug 15, 2014

(1)

Breaking News : NYSC POSTPONED INDEFINITELY! / Where Can I Buy NYSC Crested Cap In Abuja / Batch B 2016 Corpers.... What We Are Hoping For Is Coming To Pass

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.