Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,875 members, 7,806,511 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:34 PM

At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . (23320 Views)

Is Your A/C Very Cool While Driving And Warm At Idle? / Make A Call While Driving And Be Jailed - FRSC Warns / At What Age Did You Buy Your First-Car And How Much Then? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by olasmith10(m): 5:33am On Aug 15, 2014
18yrs..took d car home the very first time I started the learning.. mum was surprised
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by Nobody: 5:33am On Aug 15, 2014
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by ademega(m): 5:34am On Aug 15, 2014
U must b flying by now....... Lol
stinggy: Since birth grin grin
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by Nobody: 5:34am On Aug 15, 2014
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by ademega(m): 5:40am On Aug 15, 2014
U must be from ondo town "pangolo" lol. Name sounds known . Black Zeus ?
seunlayi: at three years old using "pangolo and saint Louis's sugar box to make toy car grin
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by chiteny(m): 5:40am On Aug 15, 2014
Started: 17 years. Could not wait for 18.
Knew how to drive in 2-4 days
Perfected my skills over short time as the car was available for my use.
Right now, Shoemarker no go fit try me.
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by Johnnoo(m): 5:40am On Aug 15, 2014
17yrs old. It didn't take long wink
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by harffie(m): 5:44am On Aug 15, 2014
ERCROSS: I v Bn driving since I was 4..
seriously..

but it was a bicycle cha oo
You don't DRIVE bicycle you RIDE
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by Suntemi(m): 5:45am On Aug 15, 2014
At 26 because growing up, no access to car so I waited till I got myself a car.

4 Likes

Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by harffie(m): 5:45am On Aug 15, 2014
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by Nobody: 5:45am On Aug 15, 2014
manual or auto

Nigeria
Manual transmission @ age 18 - mechanics vw beetle
auto transmission @ age 29 - Jaguar s type v8

First interstate driving - lagos - Osun @ age 21
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by harffie(m): 5:46am On Aug 15, 2014
babyosisi:

You can learn
Pple still do that? Hmm.....
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by snadguy007(m): 5:55am On Aug 15, 2014
adekayo1234: I started driving before age 1.
Before you crucify me, na baby seat be my first car and I sabi drive am wella grin grin
seunlayi: at three years old using "pangolo and saint Louis's sugar box to make toy car
grin grin grin
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by Nobody: 6:01am On Aug 15, 2014
Bought a car before i started driving at 19, Na only Okada people suffer am.
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by rocoh(m): 6:01am On Aug 15, 2014
About
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by Atmmachine(m): 6:04am On Aug 15, 2014
I started driving at age 13
I started doing inter country at age 15.. Anambra state to Accra Ghana.

When i moved to America, i realized that the most professional driver in Nigeria can never pass an ordinary driving test here in America.

What we do in Naija is playing not driving

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by smudge2079(m): 6:05am On Aug 15, 2014
I don't drive. Jesus always take d wheels grin

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by YoungDaNaval(m): 6:06am On Aug 15, 2014
Driving What??
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by Chynx(m): 6:07am On Aug 15, 2014
I started driving at the age of 13. My Dad owned a scrap Peugeot 404 truck which was obviously a Manually transmitted vehicle. My elder brother (who was 15 at that time) and I, used to start the truck by joining two wires together because the key ignition system was bad and my Dad had it hotwired. (Money no dey to buy new ignition). We use the handle of a spoon or any flat metal to release the steering lock, by turning on the ignition first before joining the wires. The truck was always at home, while Dad and Mum were away at work. The family only took it to the farm on Saturdays. That gave room for plenty of time to practice what we watch Daddy do. grin

I Did my first interstate drive from Benin to Owerri at 14. It was my Dad's Peugeot 504 this time. My Mum had to travel for August meeting; needed to be mobile in the village but did not have the heart to drive herself through the highway. I took the vehicle down to the villa for her...and enjoyed almost two weeks of a lovely August villa experience.

I still have my very first learner's permit which was arranged for me at the age of 14 (Naija Factor), and which I would have shared on this forum...but for security reason due to the "faceless forum" thingy. I believe I was one of the youngest drivers on the streets of Benin at some point.

My longest drive was from Owerri to Sokoto. That was during my NYSC days. My Dad had got me a brand new car then (Toyota Corolla 1.8GLI...European) as a graduation gift. I did not want to leave the car for anyone to damage...so I insisted on taking my car with me for the twelve (12) months that I was going to be away, serving my country.

It was a tough trip...as I had to tango with a "The Young Shall Grow" luxurious bus driver somewhere around Minna in Niger state. He agreed to show me through the rest of the journey if i stayed close; so I followed his trail through Kaduna, Katsina, Gusau in Zamfara and finally, Farufaru in Sokoto. I hear whiiiiiiin!

Driving is pleasurable...if you've got the will.

Cheers.

12 Likes

Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by Sunymoore(m): 6:12am On Aug 15, 2014
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by nonjebose(m): 6:14am On Aug 15, 2014
Yesterday
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by fyneboi79(m): 6:15am On Aug 15, 2014
62 grin
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by Dreyl(m): 6:18am On Aug 15, 2014
At age 17 it took me couple of weeks to drive perfectly
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by gurujoe(m): 6:18am On Aug 15, 2014
After my WAEC & before my NECO @ 18 with Peugeot
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by LordOrochimaru(m): 6:19am On Aug 15, 2014
7years
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by habex005(m): 6:19am On Aug 15, 2014
seriously..

U dont drive bicycle, u ride bicycle
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by Nobody: 6:21am On Aug 15, 2014

I learnt within a week, but I won't say I'm perfect though.
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by LordOrochimaru(m): 6:21am On Aug 15, 2014
seriously..

mumu...then its called 'RIDING'
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by Giannakopoulos(f): 6:21am On Aug 15, 2014
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by ednut1(m): 6:22am On Aug 15, 2014
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by Rainstorms(m): 6:23am On Aug 15, 2014
Shady98: .
i started driving a trailer by age four,then i got demoted to driving a jeep by age 10,then by age 16 i drove a car,was further demoted by age 18 to riding a bicycle,then later by age 20 i started driving a tricycle,now I'm 26 the only thing i can 'drive' is to roll tire.
#curiouscaseofbenjaminbutton#
smh
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by Bitojoe(m): 6:28am On Aug 15, 2014
I started driving at the age 23 and it took me 1 month before i could perfect it.just because car is not always available to practice. One just need continuous driving to be a professional.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

7 Myths About Fuel Economy / Five New Cars To Buy In 2013 / 10 Fuel Saving Tips Every Driver Should Know Today!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.