Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,792 members, 7,798,671 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:13 AM

At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . - Car Talk (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . (23308 Views)

Is Your A/C Very Cool While Driving And Warm At Idle? / Make A Call While Driving And Be Jailed - FRSC Warns / At What Age Did You Buy Your First-Car And How Much Then? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by raphy(m): 11:23am On Aug 15, 2014
seunlayi: at three years old using "pangolo and saint Louis's sugar box to make toy car grin
thts true jare. Thts how we. Started. Bfo d real cars grin
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by pheesayor(m): 11:24am On Aug 15, 2014
your own is better o, I'm 28 and don't know how to drive perfectly. My two younger siblings can drive, started driving lesson almost two months ago but haven't gone back after the first practical which I messed up so badly.
babyosisi: Mine is pathetic
I didn't start driving till I was 26
It took 2 months grin
I was too scared to learn grin
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by OlusolaWarrior: 11:29am On Aug 15, 2014
I swear, I didn't look at your name before figuring out it was you. And no; you weren't 13 or 14. You were like 11 then. I remember vividly.

GAZZUZZ: Started "stealing" the car at 13 or 14 did my first legal country crossing (lagos to jos) at 21 still was not perfect probably lucky grin
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by bobman(m): 11:31am On Aug 15, 2014
at the age of 10....... using lid cover of paint plastic and copper hanger....
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by CoolKizzy(m): 11:42am On Aug 15, 2014
Started driving at age 17, took me 4 days to learn. good old days.
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by costandi(m): 11:48am On Aug 15, 2014
16yrs.
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by Chinom(m): 11:48am On Aug 15, 2014
Was steal driving at 14, knocked a cyclist down at a roundabout. Spent a couple of hours in the police cell. Then got my driving license at 17. That paper license is a museum piece right now. I really cherish it. I looked like one of the younger 'Jackson 5' in the passport picture.

Where did my Afro hair go to ?. Time flies
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by blakky97(m): 11:51am On Aug 15, 2014
God saved me the day I stole my mums car at 17, I don't know what I did to one mumu soldier when he started chasing me. That day I became perfect! I run e no catch me. But for the next 6 months, I became motor phobic
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by lozanni(m): 11:52am On Aug 15, 2014
14. Stole an Uncle's car with my cousin. We were actually told to wash it, but decided to test our driving skills. We succeded in ramming the car into the wooden garage door as we were trying to park the car, but thank God there was no damage to the car or ourselves.
Later at about 19, I learnt to drive well under one month.
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by Realone92(m): 11:54am On Aug 15, 2014
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by sage2(m): 11:58am On Aug 15, 2014
At 16. Our car was blocking another resident and I was the only one at home, so I just pick the keys, got into the car and reverse the damn shit. When the resident moved his car, I drove back and had a nice parking. I did it so well that nobody knew it was my first day of driving. Later on that day, I decided to push my luck too far. I needed to go impress my friends in Ikoyi. So feeling like a badoo, I picked the keys again, jump into the car and took off to Ikoyi enroute Ahmadu Bello way, then onikan, obalende, federal secreteriate, then bank road. I was lucky of have arrive Ikoyi safely but slightly crashed my friends gate.

Coming back was a different story. I took on Kingsway road, Falomo, Akin Adesola. Everything was fine untill one useless driver came outa nowhere and crashed into my car. I was so furious that I wanted to create a scene. Then I remembered that I had no drivers license. Thank nothing happned to his car so I allowed him to go.

I drove back home angry and with a battered car. How I faced the consequence is none of your business. Today, I thank God that nobody can lay claim to having schooled me on how to drive.

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by rudepen(m): 12:10pm On Aug 15, 2014
16....t00k just tw0 days.....nd ah rode d car to destruction

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by Stanleysteno(m): 12:14pm On Aug 15, 2014
Started at the age of 15 with my uncle's car primera 2.0 manual, in my village.
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by Friedfred(m): 12:14pm On Aug 15, 2014
been driving on nfs for a long time but for real life i old gan bf i strted. like 28
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by Nobody: 12:21pm On Aug 15, 2014
Please everyone. .I urge u to like and share this..its an ad forthe Ideatrophy Rexona competition. .pls go through the link and like..watch if u wanna. .but please we need your likes and please share. help a brother.Thanks in advance..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXXjW5jUR-I
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by Nobody: 12:28pm On Aug 15, 2014
Obinnau guy u b mumu o, u definately a dumbb azz mod, lol so u actually tink u are smart wif dat ur ugly face? U banned me 4rm a section I don't even visit are u dat lame? Lol guess d joke is on u f00l, if u lyk do d ban make e expire in 2015 nothin will eva make me visit literature section 4 any reason. I aint a pvussy lyk ur oda peers on nairaland who are bootlickers. U can stil tell ur frends 2 bann me o basstard. I go open anoda acct. Obinnau baboon.
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by soulsearch: 12:31pm On Aug 15, 2014
Started driving aged 18 and the first week was a bit
Awkward but afterwards it was smooth sailing.
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by Emmyk(m): 12:35pm On Aug 15, 2014
18. Took me a day.
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by haymoney01(m): 12:44pm On Aug 15, 2014
18... Nobody thought me how to drive... Dats why I dnt know how to teach some1 aw to drive
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by Nobody: 12:45pm On Aug 15, 2014
At 15, took me almost 5months to perfect because I was so afraid especially on single lanes but now,I drive from Abuja to Anambra.
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by brethart: 12:46pm On Aug 15, 2014
I started @16 .......I learnt it five days........then I wasn't really enthused by it cos I knew I was being trained to be an errand boy :-XI started @16 .......I learnt it five days........then I wasn't really enthused by it cos I knew I was being trained to be an errand boy
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by Nobody: 12:53pm On Aug 15, 2014
14. Drove from Ikorodu to Baiyeku.
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by Nobody: 1:06pm On Aug 15, 2014
Get access to over 83 million phone numbers in Nigeria for your campaigns, products launch, seminars, religious meetings, etc. All the numbers are sorted by states and are valid. Call 2347068389181 to get yours now.
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by Skmoda360(m): 1:21pm On Aug 15, 2014
haymoney01: 18... Nobody thought me how to drive... Dats why I dnt know how to teach some1 aw to drive
just like me
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by Nobody: 1:30pm On Aug 15, 2014
Kachisbarbie: 16.
It just started like that, I av always had the zeal, and I knew I wanted to drive manual. I hate that look when u perform a stunt or speed and peeps be like 'ah, na woman, bc na automatic'
So I made sure I learnt manual and drove it for 'bout' 5yrs'

First learnt @home, I entered road and was driving like a witch, maybe bc my husband (then bf) who taught me drives like a wizard too...people started calling my parents to tell dem to beg me to drive responsibly #amebopeople#

So I went to a driving sch, dey tot dat wud make me drive responsibly, I came out worse grin

Professionally/regularly- 17
Interstate/long distance- 20
Manual, not auto please...manual gives me the speed I like...
Though last yr my hubby got me an auto car, say av been suffering myself.
Shikena
Now, I think I'm tired...av seen it all grin

#amebopeople#
So I went to a driving sch, dey tot dat wud make
me drive responsibly, got me laughing
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by Nobody: 1:53pm On Aug 15, 2014
Started driving @ 17 with mumsi's Hyundai Getz after WAEC and burnt d clutch plate 3 times. After that I became perfect. Ain't nothing as sweet as driving a manual. That priceless feeling u get when u change to the next gear and ur car tells u "yes sir". The day I drove a car with an automatic transmission was funny cos my left leg out of reflex action was looking for the clutch pedal. My friend laughed at me that day *covers face*. still hate automatics though. Every mallam with his kettle.
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by computermouse(m): 1:58pm On Aug 15, 2014
16 - mehn I had to forge my uncles drivers license it was on paper in those days- police use to arrest me around in those days, but after looking at me severally they would just shake their head and say all these children of big men* my papa no big sha! but moto plenty for house die in those days
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by Nobody: 2:15pm On Aug 15, 2014
tunshe:

There is nothing pathetic about that.

You had a poor background and you shouldn't be ashamed to state that afterall it wasn't your fault. ("Nigeria is a useless country"...babymama1 babyosisi. )

Atleast you are now a babymama in "amelika", showing us what you eat, drink, TV, roads, hospital, your car rental windscreen, kitchen.....Thank for your life.

@OP,the first time I drove a car....... sad I crashed into a fence at Ajao Estate in Lagos, close to CHI Ltd. We had to fix the company fence and the car. I was 19 yrs old.

Thank God for the gift of life.

Driving is classical conditioning, practice it for sometime and you don't have to think about it afterwards. It becomes part of you.

Today if there's a road from US to Nigeria, I will hit the road. cheesy

FYI my both parents are college educated
My father had a car as a young man before he ever met my mom
By the time he was your age,he already had a piece of real estate
All through my growing years my parents had two cars, always, and I had never lived in a rental house or apartment,didn't know what it was to be a tenant and pay rent till I got married. we had our own home right from the time I was born and dad is a landlord with rent paying tenants till this day.
My father retired at the pinnacle of civil service and so did my mom in her career
My parents were certainly middle class and provided well for all their children and many others they trained through college with occasional trips to London for vacation too.
Today they are happily reaping the fruits of their labour with all their off springs in North America

Just because we are all here posting anonymously doesn't mean all fingers are equal.

You keep making stoopid remarks when I post
Stop quoting me and talking nonsense,you don't know me or anything about me except what I write

I don't know how you grew up but above is a summary of mine and I enjoyed my childhood thoroughly
My home was that home other kids came to and stayed overnight not because of the affluence,we were not affluent but by Nigerian standards we were a comfortable and happy family and still are.
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by jumzzy448: 2:26pm On Aug 15, 2014
At 18. I learnt it in a day. Three days later, I started driving on the road.
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by Nobody: 2:32pm On Aug 15, 2014
@ 16 the old man started to teach myself and my bro... took about 2 months to become comfortable.
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by nattyhero(m): 2:34pm On Aug 15, 2014
Started driving at the age of 12 while in class 2, my dad was a discplinarian who never allowed us out of the compound, meanwhile he had buses for transport, been the stubborn one, i normally sneaked out with a driver who i pallied, he gave me the bus to learn with in a school field while he blew his weed. The day my dad saw me driving my younger ones to river Benue to wash the bus he was like waoooo who taught u. I was scared stiff that he will punish me, but he was very proud and mocked my elder brothers that they cant drive. Since then any kind vehicle na toy.
Re: At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . by balogundayo(m): 2:34pm On Aug 15, 2014
Started driving at age 14, we had like 6 cars... The lamborghini nd aston martin (which dad always parked in the garage cos it was the most expensive ones nd prolly he cherished them), the range rover sport, toyota camry, a pickup like that (he used that for site purposes) nd an EOD...
on my first trail, i had been watching my dad drive previously wen he takes me out..so i had rhe urge. On the particular day, i went into my dads room to pick his atm for him cos he was goin out, then my eyes just jammed the car jeys in his drawer, i instantly had the strong urge to drive that morning, we lived in usburn, lekki...

Immediately dad left bayi, since the range was the last in the line, i had to take it, i took the keys nd hoped in... As i started the car, ah was really scared, lol..den i began, reversing nd going forward for like 30 mins, i was happy... I just told the gateman to open the gate, the man thought i was mad, buh he opened it... Nd i drove out, moving the car very slowly going up nd down our vicinity buh nt outta the estate... I turned on the radio, it was boring, so i just switched it off nd inserted Lil wayne, jay z, beyonce,etc cd in one, was blasting music, nd finally parked the car, since then i ve been cruising around island with friends, elegushi beach, silbverbird cinemas, ozone, icm... Not until i travelled out to uk for uni last 2 weeks... No personal car yet buh i am to use my family's car to sch here lol..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Pictures Of A Made In Nigeria Hand-Woven Car / 7 Myths About Fuel Economy / Five New Cars To Buy In 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.