Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,124 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:10 AM

First Son Named After Wife's First Love. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / First Son Named After Wife's First Love. (10996 Views)

Baby Abandoned In The Bush 2 Weeks After Birth Now Named Oluwapelumi / A 2 Day Old Baby Abandoned By The Roadside Named After Okoya-Thomas / Husband Flees After Wife Delivers Triplets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by Les: 10:36am On Aug 15, 2014
EfemenaXY:

What's important is the meaning of the name
do you really know the meaning of the action itself

Is that name unique to the deceased only, and no one else in the world?
but to the man, its unique to a dead ex, you speak like issues of ex is something that shouldn't be bothered with. I might not have problem if my wife does whatever she wants to do with her ex, but naming my child after her dead ex is not just cool. Second to frequent lying, this is the second thing that can make me option for divorce, because if I knew, I wouldn't have married her initially.

1 Like

Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by Nobody: 10:36am On Aug 15, 2014
chaircover: The man has every right to be angry.

What I dont understand is how this name was never mentioned during dating.

If she had discussed it with him before, maybe he would have even agreed to it. Its the keeping the reason to herself that I dont agree with. Names are supposed to be well thought of.

I will be pissed off too if I found out years later that my hubby named our kid after an ex
Just a name sweet, nothing to be upset about here.

1 Like

Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by Godmystrength: 10:37am On Aug 15, 2014
pickabeau1: ok...

Seems its really not a big deal..right?

It is the motive and intentions that makes it a big deal or no big deal.

In another twist, what if the name my hubby loves and want to name his child happens to be the name of my ex, will i tell him not to name his child?
If i complain about the name, won't people say i am being insecured or that i am afraid that the name might remind me of my ex and also awaken past memories? What if one of my BIL bears the name of my ex, will i stop him from visiting because he will remind me of my ex?

That is why i said it is the reason behind the naming that determines that.

Admitting that she named the son after her dead lover is not a good thing and shouldn't be. I said that before.

1 Like

Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by beeevan: 10:40am On Aug 15, 2014
If I discovered my child is named after an ex,dead or alive, that name MUST change. It's really so upsetting, the woman no try at all.

14 Likes

Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by Les: 10:41am On Aug 15, 2014
3cycle:
are you seeking for advice or do you wanna prove a point? Names are not just ordinary. If you are a Christian, the way God exalts his name above every other names should tell you that a name is not just something to joke about.

a name is like an identity, how do you feel when you identify your ward as your spouse dead ex??

2 Likes

Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by pickabeau1: 10:41am On Aug 15, 2014
3cycle:

Why do u say its just a name
She is female like you and feels it was an inappropriate decision by the wife
Yet you say its just a name..

grin grin

beeevan: If I discovered my child is named after an ex,dead or alive, that name MUST change. It's really so upsetting, the woman no try at all.
.. Another female

beevann,, why r u provoking,.. they say its just a name naa

Godmystrength: It is the motive and intentions that makes it a big deal or no big deal.
In another twist, what if the name my hubby loves and want to name his child happens to be the name of my ex, will i tell him not to name his child?
If i complain about the name, won't people say i am being insecured or that i am afraid that the name might remind me of my ex and also awaken past memories? What if one of my BIL bears the name of my ex, will i stop him from visiting because he will remind me of my ex?
That is why i said it is the reason behind the naming that determines that.
Admitting that she named the son after her dead lover is not a good thing and shouldn't be. I said that before.

What motive can make a woman name her new man;s son after her dead ex-lover
Are you aware names have variants

Henry, Hank etc
William, Bill, Willy
Adesegun, Olasegun etc
Chima, Chuma

Names abound which serve the purpose of the original name
If i like a name say Godstrenght but its a nono.. Godswill dey, Godspower dey....

Why the specific ex lover name
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by Nobody: 10:48am On Aug 15, 2014
3cycle:

No its not just a name and there is plenty to be upset about.

If this person is your friend, tell her the truth that she has done very wrong & she should apologise to her husband.

Many times us women come out comlaining about what husbands have done, but forget to mention the things that they themselves have done to damage the foundations of the relationships in the first instance.

She did wrong . . no sugarcoating it.

10 Likes

Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by beeevan: 10:49am On Aug 15, 2014
pickabeau1:

.. Another female

beevann,, why r u provoking,.. they say its just a name.

It's not just a name oooo, i can't accept that. The poor man is probably so ooo disappointed, the reason he refused to speak for weeks. I can't see anything right about what she did.

2 Likes

Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by pickabeau1: 10:51am On Aug 15, 2014
Some Women sha grin grin grin

Everything na just

Someone buys you a car, furnishes an apartment Just a friend

Someone names her child after a dead lover Just a name

Someone goes through heaven and earth for you Just one of my friends

Just a.. Just a grin grin grin

beeevan:
It's not just a name oooo, i can't accept that. The poor man is probably so ooo disappointed, the reason he refused to speak for weeks. I can't see anything right about what she did.

Madam I tire.. and the initial comments . I was like..WTF
The insecurity line again grin grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by Godmystrength: 10:52am On Aug 15, 2014
pickabeau1:
What motive can make a woman name her new man;s son after her dead ex-lover
Are you aware names have variants

Henry, Hank etc
William, Bill, Willy
Adesegun, Olasegun etc
Chima, Chuma

Names abound which serve the purpose of the original name
If i like a name say Godstrenght but its a nono.. Godswill dey, Godspower dey....

Why the specific ex lover name
lol. But we don't what specific name it is now. Abi what if the name is like Reuben, Clara, Stephen, Stella etc, what variants do you have for them?
And mind you, Adesegun is not same as Olusegun. Some names have same means but you just love the sound of some than the other..

Anyway, wetin concern me? My son is not named after any ex so i gat no problem. God will help OP's friend sort out her gobe o
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by beeevan: 11:08am On Aug 15, 2014
[url][/url]
pickabeau1:

Madam I tire.. and the initial comments . I was like..WTF
The insecurity line again grin grin grin grin

If that's insecurity, accepted, am very very insecure. Which one is naming another man's child after an ex shocked?

3 Likes

Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by marbee(f): 11:09am On Aug 15, 2014
Very bad of her, I'm sure she will be the one to even confess her deed,She should ask for forgiveness, and do everything to please her husband, if it includes changing the name.She is not the only one that has gotten an ex.

5 Likes

Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by Nobody: 11:20am On Aug 15, 2014
Hmmmmm
Love even in death.
May God never allow me to lose a soul mate now because i might not survive it
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by luvablesam(m): 11:29am On Aug 15, 2014
If a Woman tries this with me,she would leave my house INSTANTLY or I leave even if its after 50years of Marriage. Its a sign of gross disrespect to the family cos I wouldn't even wanna think of doing such(doh d names of my ex's sound horrible anyway).
Its not about competing but a sign of the IDIOT(wife) being an emotional cheat.

5 Likes

Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by pickabeau1: 11:31am On Aug 15, 2014
Now you are skirting the issue

I said variants..... that means they are not exactly the same thing

I know Ola and Ade dont mean the same thing.... Segun is common

I dont know the specific name.. i used illustrations

Clara.. claris, ciara (not siure)
Stephen .. steve..
Stella.. estella, chavela

Why will she need Gods help with gobe,.,.. you just said it was not a biggie,,,just a name right?

Godmystrength: lol. But we don't what specific name it is now. Abi what if the name is like Reuben, Clara, Stephen, Stella etc, what variants do you have for them?
And mind you, Adesegun is not same as Olusegun. Some names have same means but you just love the sound of some than the other..

Anyway, wetin concern me? My son is not named after any ex so i gat no problem. God will help OP's friend sort out her gobe o
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by pickabeau1: 11:32am On Aug 15, 2014
beeevan: [url][/url]
If that's insecurity, accepted, am very very insecure. Which one is naming another man's child after an ex shocked?
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by shegxi(m): 11:33am On Aug 15, 2014
TV01:

Men hey? Why the upset?

Just because everytime he calls his sons name he is reminded of the man that first shined, polished and buffed his wife's congo, the one who popped her cherry. The one who pillaged and plundered her virgin territory. Who plucked it like a guitar, flipped it up, turned it over, positioned it and turned it around. The striker who worked his way into her box and scored. Repeatedly! Header, back-heel, nutmeg and volley. The tap-in, long range thunderbolt, half-volley and penalty strike.

A permanent reminder of another player - who may have been better. Someone he'll suspect he's "substitute too" and not a "replacement for".

And he can't actually do anything to prove otherwise - this guy is immortalised and a legend - as his wife will always have this romanticised ideal of loffaboy in her head.

Such treachery - that's why he's refusing to play! Name change, transfer or substitution grin.

TV

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
if d husband in question(especially if he is a football fanatic and conversant with d terms) were to see dis narrative........chai!!! dere is God o. d wife no try abeg.

1 Like

Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by KanwuliaJara: 11:39am On Aug 15, 2014
Na so e pain am reasssssh?
He should go for a DNA TEST! grin
Simple!!!!

1 Like

Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by kika23(f): 11:44am On Aug 15, 2014
Just because everytime he calls his sons name he is reminded of the man that first shined, polished and buffed his wife's congo, the one who popped her cherry. The one who pillaged and plundered her virgin territory. Who plucked it like a guitar, flipped it up, turned it over, positioned it and turned it around. The striker who worked his way into her box and scored. Repeatedly! Header, back-heel, nutmeg and volley. The tap-in, long range thunderbolt, half-volley and penalty strike.

Lmao!! You had to explain all these things just to make your point? Hilarious......

4 Likes

Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by Godmystrength: 11:54am On Aug 15, 2014
pickabeau1: Now you are skirting the issue

I said variants..... that means they are not exactly the same thing

I know Ola and Ade dont mean the same thing.... Segun is common

I dont know the specific name.. i used illustrations

Clara.. claris, ciara (not siure)
Stephen .. steve..
Stella.. estella, chavela

Why will she need Gods help with gobe,.,.. you just said it was not a biggie,,,just a name right?

Please don't get me wrong or put words that are not mine in my mouth o. It is the OP's friend/her hubby that have the problem and not me/my hubby so that is why i said she needs God's help. Even if i said it was not a biggie (i didn't say that anyway), it's not me that my hubby is not talking to for 2weeks and i am not her hubby. Meanwhile, my opinion is not going to solve her problem because her husband is not here to read it.
Godmystrength: Admitting that she named the son after her dead lover is not a good thing and shouldn't be. I said that before.
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by pickabeau1: 11:57am On Aug 15, 2014
Godmystrength: What if she just loves the name?
If someone has some exes, does it means that their names are a no go area for the man/woman to name their child? i.e if i happen to have an ex (whether dead or alive) who is Stephen/Stella, it means i must never name any of my children that?

Did the woman tell the hubby that she named the child after her lover or he just got to find out about the lover's name and assumed that his child was named after him? So many unanswered questions.

Madam.. this was your first post... good you have clarified your position.. whatever it was undecided

Godmystrength: Please don't get me wrong or put words that are not mine in my mouth o. It is the OP's friend/her hubby that have the problem and not me/my hubby so that is why i said she needs God's help. Even if i said it was not a biggie (i didn't say that anyway), it's not me that my hubby is not talking to for 2weeks and i am not her hubby. Meanwhile, my opinion is not going to solve her problem because her husband is not here to read it.
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by shooze: 12:06pm On Aug 15, 2014
Let the man name all the subsequent kids the names of his exes and lets see if the woman will be so cool. What is wrong is wrong abeg. Ex ko Y ni
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by Godmystrength: 12:11pm On Aug 15, 2014
pickabeau1:

Madam.. this was your first post... good you have clarified your position.. whatever it was undecided

Godmystrength: What if she just loves the name?
If someone has some exes, does it means that their names are a no go area for the man/woman to name their child? i.e if i happen to have an ex (whether dead or alive) who is Stephen/Stella, it means i must never name any of my children that?
Did the woman tell the hubby that she named the child after her lover or he just got to find out about the lover's name and assumed that his child was named after him? So many unanswered questions.
Yes i remember my first post.
What i was asking is that going by all these, it means i have to consciously scrutinize all names and be sure that it is not an ex's name before i can name my child.

Whatever name people decide to name their child is their business so far they agree on it
My own here is that didn't the wife tell her hubby about the relationship and dead ex? Didn't she mentioned his name while talking about him? From this story, for the husband to just discover that the son is named after an ex it means she didn't tell him which i said is WRONG. because if she told him, when they were about naming the child, he would have known and objected if he wasn't happy with it.

Not giving your child a name you would have loved to because you've had an ex that goes by that name =
Giving your child a name because your ex goes by that name and you want to keep him remembered = WRONG

[size=5pt]But what i really need to get is that if you love a name so much and had determined in your heart to name your child, if you are then ''unfortunate'' to date someone with that name and it didn't work out between you two, then that is the end of the name in your dictionary??[/size]
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by sunvick(m): 12:14pm On Aug 15, 2014
Make d hubby go for DNA oohh just to double check.
That's disrespectful esp the fact that calling d son will alwys remind her of ex affairs/memories, which paves way for her to sometimes compare hubby with ex. And wen dey hav issues she will find solitude in thinking of wat would have been (with the ex) rather than finding solution to the present so as to better the future...

Some women shaa....

1 Like

Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by pickabeau1: 12:16pm On Aug 15, 2014
ok

No wahala

Godmystrength: Yes i remember my first post.
What i was asking is that going by all these, it means i have to consciously scrutinize all names and be sure that it is not an ex's name before i can name my child.

Whatever name people decide to name their child is their business so far they agree on it
My own here is that didn't the wife tell her hubby about the relationship and dead ex? Didn't she mentioned his name while talking about him? From this story, for the husband to just discover that the son is named after an ex it means she didn't tell him which i said is WRONG. because if she told him, when they were about naming the child, he would have known and objected if he wasn't happy with it.

Not giving your child a name you would have loved to because you've had an ex that goes by that name =
Giving your child a name because your ex goes by that name and you want to keep him remembered = WRONG

[size=5pt]But what i really need to get is that if you love a name so much and had determined in your heart to name your child, if you are then ''unfortunate'' to date someone with that name and it didn't work out between you two, then that is the end of the name in your dictionary??[/size]
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by maclatunji: 12:16pm On Aug 15, 2014
TV01:

Men hey? Why the upset?

A permanent reminder of another player - who may have been better. Someone he'll suspect he's "substitute too" and not a "replacement for".

And he can't actually do anything to prove otherwise - this guy is immortalised and a legend - as his wife will always have this romanticised ideal of loffaboy in her head.

Such treachery - that's why he's refusing to play! Name change, transfer or substitution grin.

TV

People create their own problems in life for the most part.
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by Feraz(m): 12:17pm On Aug 15, 2014
Wow! I'm really surprised by some replies here. They all shout there's nothing wrong with the name. A man just found out that his first son has been named after his wife's first love and people say there's nothing wrong with it. Doesn't it imply that the wife is still wishing to belong to her first love? It's not like the child is the first love's. Who won't be pissed with that kinda thing? I guess it's cos the person angry is the man. I'm learning very fast!

So this is the family section!

3 Likes

Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by Godmystrength: 12:19pm On Aug 15, 2014
Feraz: Wow! I'm really surprised by some replies here. They all shout there's nothing wrong with the name. A man just found out that his first son has been named after his wife's first love and people say there's nothing wrong with it. Doesn't it imply that the wife is still wishing to belong to her first love? It's not like the child is the first love's. Who won't be pissed with that kinda thing? I guess it's cos the person angry is the man. I'm learning very fast!

All ke? Not all now.
e.g
beeevan: If I discovered my child is named after an ex,dead or alive, that name MUST change. It's really so upsetting, the woman no try at all.
sholasholala: She should put herself in his shoes. How will she feel if he did same to her?
freecocoa: Now let's put ourselves in this man's shoe, how would you feel if it were you?

The man has every right to be angry, more so because she never told him about it, he is the father of the child and has every right to know everything about his child, now he prolly agreed to the name because he loves his wife only to find out she chose it because of a dead lover, I bet he'll be feeling like 2nd place in his wife's life and that's not a good feeling.

Anyways, the deed's been done so he should just let go, the wife had better continued pleading cos she's in the wrong here.
chaircover: The man has every right to be angry.

What I dont understand is how this name was never mentioned during dating. How does one hide something as big as that from the person you want to marry?

If she had discussed it with him before, maybe he would have even agreed to it. Its the keeping the reason to herself that I dont agree with. Names are supposed to be well thought of.

I will be pissed off too if I found out years later that my hubby named our kid after an ex
and they are all FEMALE
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by Godmystrength: 12:20pm On Aug 15, 2014
pickabeau1: ok

No wahala

okay sir.
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by pickabeau1: 12:25pm On Aug 15, 2014
Feraz: Wow! I'm really surprised by some replies here. They all shout there's nothing wrong with the name. A man just found out that his first son has been named after his wife's first love and people say there's nothing wrong with it. Doesn't it imply that the wife is still wishing to belong to her first love? It's not like the child is the first love's. Who won't be pissed with that kinda thing? I guess it's cos the person angry is the man. I'm learning very fast!

Welcome grin grin grin
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by luvablesam(m): 12:38pm On Aug 15, 2014
kika23:

Lmao!! You had to explain all these things just to make your point? Hilarious......

Just my tot.then u bring d ex home to me wit a name? Some women are CHEATS!!!

D nite I findout,we split!!!
Re: First Son Named After Wife's First Love. by cococandy(f): 12:45pm On Aug 15, 2014
TV01:

Men hey? Why the upset?

TV

quite true. Imagine the hubby naming daughter after his ex lover.
Wifey will always feel like she's just second best and he's managing her because he couldn't end up with the former babe.
Not cool.

But in this case,the guy is dead,so I think oga has to just let it go. If the guy was still alive,I'd say he has reason to worry.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

UK Barely Used Baby Gears And Toys / I Need A Washing Machine And What Product To Buy / Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.