Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,952 members, 7,806,758 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:45 PM

Creation Of "Oil River State" From Akwa-ibom And Rivers State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Creation Of "Oil River State" From Akwa-ibom And Rivers State (25113 Views)

ADCs Of Nigerian Heads Of State From 1956 - 2016. / Photo Of Oil River Chiefs And Their Servants In The 1890s / Oil River State: Ijaw Youth Council And Akwa Ibom Youth Movement At Loggerheads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Creation Of "Oil River State" From Akwa-ibom And Rivers State by Nctrice(m): 9:47am On Aug 15, 2014
Former Governor of Akwa Ibom State, Chief Victor Attah, former Minister of Lands and Survey, Chief Nduese Essien, and other state caucus members at the National Conference have kicked against the recommendation of the conference to create “Oil Rivers State” from the present Akwa Ibom and Rivers States.
In a protest letter addressed to the chairman of the conference, the 13 delegates from the state said the provision was now contained on page 4, line 11 of the “draft constitution” produced by the conference secretariat.
According to the delegates from the oil-rich state, the proposed plan to dismember some parts of Akwa Ibom state to form an “Oil Rivers State” is not only treacherous but amounts to a hidden agenda by people whose aim might be to scuttle the final outcome of the conference.
Part of the letter reads: “This action is at variance with the conference decision of the Committee on Restructuring and Forms of Government. The conference decision as correctly reflected on page 281 (b) of the draft report was that ‘the third state to be created in the South-south zone will be named later along with its state capital’.
“This inclusion is a slight of hand, unholy and completely unacceptable to us as there was no prior discussion with Akwa Ibom State and her delegates on the matter.”
The group said although it supported the creation of more states where deserving, the process should be in consultation with all relevant stakeholders.
“As the true representatives of our state and people at this conference, we have been mandated to reject totally and disassociate ourselves and our state completely from this provision.
“We assert that no part of Akwa Ibom State should be excised to form a new state,” the letter further reads.
Also, Ondo State delegate, Sola Ebiseni, said the best way out was dialogue.
According to him, “What this has demonstrated is the need for continuous dialogue among the constituent groups within the country. Some of the things we hold tenaciously to, we might discover at the end of the day are resolvable when there is dialogue.
“The issues whether we are bringing a new draft constitution that the public thought would tear the conference apart today (yesterday) turned out to be of less importance to the conference.
“This is because we discovered at the end of the day that these are issues of formality. Some of the opponents of the new draft constitution appeared to me not to be concerned with the content but with whether it is going be translated to a new constitution.
“I will rather say whatever their passion is for the 1999 constitution, in my own view, it has not changed the fact that the decision of this conference has torn the 1999 constitution into shreds through most of the fundamental recommendations we have made that would turn Nigeria into a truly federal state.
“At the end of the day, those who wish to stick with the status quo can keep the carcass of the 1999 Constitution because the content of our report, in term of quality, reach and objective is monumental.

“The outcome of the conference today (yesterday) can be said to be victory for dialogue and victory for the Nigerian people and not for a section.
“Those who thought there were centrifugal forces within the conference aiming to tear the country apart must have realised the futility of their actions because we all want to belong to a big, powerful and proactive Nigeria that would be a pride of the African continent.”

Source:

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/akwa-ibom-delegates-protest-against-recommendation-for-oil-rivers-state-/186383/
Re: Creation Of "Oil River State" From Akwa-ibom And Rivers State by Nctrice(m): 9:49am On Aug 15, 2014
This recommendation is nothing but sheer madness

3 Likes

Re: Creation Of "Oil River State" From Akwa-ibom And Rivers State by hushmail: 10:14am On Aug 15, 2014
big big grammar... Let nigerians analyse d draft now then we go know if d conference achieve anything

1 Like

Re: Creation Of "Oil River State" From Akwa-ibom And Rivers State by onyeokwu: 10:22am On Aug 15, 2014
ijaw agenda to corner all the oil rich areas in ss as their own territory

4 Likes

Re: Creation Of "Oil River State" From Akwa-ibom And Rivers State by onyeokwu: 10:24am On Aug 15, 2014
Ibeno came to my mind which are mixture of igbo dialect and ibibio shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Creation Of "Oil River State" From Akwa-ibom And Rivers State by ijawcitizen(m): 10:38am On Aug 15, 2014
Nctrice: This recommendation is nothing but sheer madness
It is nothing but insensitivity, jealousy and ingratitude. The Ijaw LGAs of Eastern Obolo & Ibeno have been feeding the state for decades now without benefiting up 1% of deserved development. Yet they still want the Ijaw people to remain in slavery as minorities to Ibibio people! This is the greed Niger deltans are yet to overcome. What is wrong with sticking to their God-given lands and allow Ijaws to do whatever they wish with our God-given lands and communities? This is unimaginable evil from our own Niger Delta brothers. Ijaws have been nothing but good brothers and even protectors to all Niger Deltans. The Ijaw nation is moving forward and there is nothing these ingrates who do not even represent the mindset of the average Akwa Ibomites can do about it

3 Likes

Re: Creation Of "Oil River State" From Akwa-ibom And Rivers State by Nctrice(m): 10:56am On Aug 15, 2014
ijawcitizen: It is nothing but insensitivity, jealousy and ingratitude. The Ijaw LGAs of Eastern Obolo & Ibeno have been feeding the state for decades now without benefiting up 1% of deserved development. Yet they still want the Ijaw people to remain in slavery as minorities to Ibibio people! This is the greed Niger deltans are yet to overcome. What is wrong with sticking to their God-given lands and allow Ijaws to do whatever they wish with our God-given lands and communities? This is unimaginable evil from our own Niger Delta brothers. Ijaws have been nothing but good brothers and even protectors to all Niger Deltans. The Ijaw nation is moving forward and there is nothing these ingrates who do not even represent the mindset of the average Akwa Ibomites can do about it
And after the creation of an "Oil River State" your self Perceived marginalisation would end and the so called Ijaws would not Marginalise other minority in their domain... Guy Eastern Obolo and/or Ibeno Is not an Ijaw LGA, and tribal relationship or Natural resources production relationship has never been a yard stick in the production of new state in Nigeria, if Not every tribe would have had a state of her own by now in Nigeria!

2 Likes

Re: Creation Of "Oil River State" From Akwa-ibom And Rivers State by 1shortblackboy: 11:14am On Aug 15, 2014
I'm not in support of any new state whatsoever. We have not managed d ones we have properly we want to add more. And who says d new states won't have minorities who will later still cry of marginalisation and demand their own new state. Wen will it end ? Till every nuclear family becomes a state ?

1 Like

Re: Creation Of "Oil River State" From Akwa-ibom And Rivers State by Itoroetti(m): 11:23am On Aug 15, 2014
ijawcitizen: It is nothing but insensitivity, jealousy and ingratitude. The Ijaw LGAs of Eastern Obolo & Ibeno have been feeding the state for decades now without benefiting up 1% of deserved development. Yet they still want the Ijaw people to remain in slavery as minorities to Ibibio people! This is the greed Niger deltans are yet to overcome. What is wrong with sticking to their God-given lands and allow Ijaws to do whatever they wish with our God-given lands and communities? This is unimaginable evil from our own Niger Delta brothers. Ijaws have been nothing but good brothers and even protectors to all Niger Deltans. The Ijaw nation is moving forward and there is nothing these ingrates who do not even represent the mindset of the average Akwa Ibomites can do about it

when did ibeno became part of ur ijaw nation?
will u stop peddling lies to gullible nigerians?

15 Likes

Re: Creation Of "Oil River State" From Akwa-ibom And Rivers State by jmoore(m): 11:26am On Aug 15, 2014
Any additional state to the existing 36 should not be encouraged.
Re: Creation Of "Oil River State" From Akwa-ibom And Rivers State by onyeokwu: 11:52am On Aug 15, 2014
Ijaw with their expansionist and land grabbing tendency.. they should continue pushing till they got their hand burn

we are waiting and calculating to hit them at the appropriate time

we knew what they did in rivers... they cornered all the rich igboland we kept silence but now the went to far to do the same in ibibioland our best ally and they think we will keep quiet... this time they will loose everything and we will put them in their place and confine them only in bayelsa where they rightly belong

6 Likes

Re: Creation Of "Oil River State" From Akwa-ibom And Rivers State by 1shortblackboy: 1:38pm On Aug 15, 2014
onyeokwu: Ijaw with their expansionist and land grabbing tendency.. they should continue pushing till they got their hand burn

we knew what they did in rivers... they cornered all the rich igboland we kept silence but now the went to far to do the same in ibibioland our best ally and they think we will keep quiet... this time they will loose everything and we will put them in their place and confine them only in bayelsa where they rightly belong
who is this we ur talking About and who said u could speak on their behalf. Smh na internet cause am. Dey talk like u get army Wey u dey command

3 Likes

Re: Creation Of "Oil River State" From Akwa-ibom And Rivers State by ijawcitizen(m): 8:07am On Aug 16, 2014
Nctrice: And after the creation of an "Oil River State" your self Perceived marginalisation would end and the so called Ijaws would not Marginalise other minority in their domain... Guy Eastern Obolo and/or Ibeno Is not an Ijaw LGA, and tribal relationship or Natural resources production relationship has never been a yard stick in the production of new state in Nigeria, if Not every tribe would have had a state of her own by now in Nigeria!
1. The proposed Oil Rivers state is purely Ijaw made up Ijaws balkanized into Rivers and Akwa ibom states WITH NO INCLUSION OF NON-IJAWS so there are no minorities for Ijaw to oppress just as in Bayelsa 2. It is the man who wears the shoe that knows where it pinches, your question about an end to Ijaw perceived marginalization is just too dumb for a response. 3. I guess i'm not here to prove to you that Ibeno Eastern Obolo are Ijaws just like the Apoi people in Ondo.

1 Like

Re: Creation Of "Oil River State" From Akwa-ibom And Rivers State by fx45(m): 8:47am On Aug 16, 2014

It is quite criminal of U to come here and misinform people about Eastern Obollo. It isn't an Ijaw town, rather they're of Andoni stock.

1 Like

Re: Creation Of "Oil River State" From Akwa-ibom And Rivers State by Nobody: 9:53am On Aug 16, 2014
fx45:

It is quite criminal of U to come here and misinform people about Eastern Obollo. It isn't an Ijaw town, rather they're of Andoni stock.
hahahah and Andoni is what? Man yu are ridiculous. Though its not something to fight about.

1 Like

Re: Creation Of "Oil River State" From Akwa-ibom And Rivers State by mencade5(m): 10:01am On Aug 16, 2014
nigeria is a land of confusion from north to south, east to west.

Even if nigeria divide the problem wil still continue.

1 Like

Re: Creation Of "Oil River State" From Akwa-ibom And Rivers State by Nobody: 10:03am On Aug 16, 2014
What is Attah's problem here? This is an entire Ijaw affair and I don't see how it affects Attah.

Long Live The Ijaw Nation

1 Like

Re: Creation Of "Oil River State" From Akwa-ibom And Rivers State by Nctrice(m): 10:10am On Aug 16, 2014
ijawcitizen: 1. The proposed Oil Rivers state is purely Ijaw made up Ijaws balkanized into Rivers and Akwa ibom states WITH NO INCLUSION OF NON-IJAWS so there are no minorities for Ijaw to oppress just as in Bayelsa 2. It is the man who wears the shoe that knows where it pinches, your question about an end to Ijaw perceived marginalization is just too dumb for a response. 3. I guess i'm not here to prove to you that Ibeno Eastern Obolo are Ijaws just like the Apoi people in Ondo.
wait a minutes, if the proposed "Oil River State" would have no minority meaning it would be purely ijaws, are you trying to say that the Ijaw kindom should have a state of their own? I guess it should then be named "Ijaw state" Or better still "The Oil rich river State of Ijaws" instead of the proposed "Oil River State" what do you think? and after that is accomplished we see every tribe in Nigeria go berserk asking for a state of their own! Guy your argument is lame! As in! "So Lame!"

1 Like

Re: Creation Of "Oil River State" From Akwa-ibom And Rivers State by Chamack: 10:13am On Aug 16, 2014
barcanista: hahahah and Andoni is what? Man yu are ridiculous. Though its not something to fight about.
Aandoni is not ijaw, they are related to the people of Eastern Obollo, you guys should stop cooking up lies, for ur mind uche secondus is an ijaw man? Funny you

6 Likes

Re: Creation Of "Oil River State" From Akwa-ibom And Rivers State by Nobody: 10:22am On Aug 16, 2014
onyeokwu: Ijaw with their expansionist and land grabbing tendency.. they should continue pushing till they got their hand burn

Sometimes it is good for one to mind his business. I don't see where Igbo is mentioned in the article. You just want to cause unnecessary tribal fight which I will advise yu to stop. This is an exclusive matter among citizens of the Ijaw nation

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Creation Of "Oil River State" From Akwa-ibom And Rivers State by Nobody: 10:26am On Aug 16, 2014
Chamack: Aandoni is not ijaw, they are related to the people of Eastern Obollo, you guys should stop cooking up lies, for ur mind uche secondus is an ijaw man? Funny you
Are you an Andoni man? Hahaha
Re: Creation Of "Oil River State" From Akwa-ibom And Rivers State by Nobody: 10:30am On Aug 16, 2014
Nctrice: wait a minutes, if the proposed "Oil River State" would have no minority meaning it would be purely ijaws, are you trying to say that the Ijaw kindom should have a state of their own? I guess it should then be named "Ijaw state" Or better still "The Oil rich river State of Ijaws" instead of the proposed "Oil River State" what do you think? and after that is accomplished we see every tribe in Nigeria go berserk asking for a state of their own! Guy your argument is lame! As in! "So Lame!"
my friend how does that affect nctrice? The ijaw can decide anything for themselves. We didn't stop anyone from promoting theirs. Yu people are just too funny. You are neither ijaw nor from the communities affected. This is a sheer case of crying more than the bereaved! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Creation Of "Oil River State" From Akwa-ibom And Rivers State by IGBOSON1: 10:36am On Aug 16, 2014
mencade5: nigeria is a land of confusion from north to south, east to west.

Even if nigeria divide the problem wil still continue.

^^^True that....true that!

Mofos don't know their left from their right......whether they're coming or going, and it's all because of OYEL!

Pathetic really!

2 Likes

Re: Creation Of "Oil River State" From Akwa-ibom And Rivers State by Nctrice(m): 10:41am On Aug 16, 2014
barcanista: my friend how does that affect nctrice? The ijaw can decide anything for themselves. We didn't stop anyone from promoting theirs. Yu people are just too funny. You are neither ijaw nor from the communities affected. This is a sheer case of crying more than the bereaved! cheesy
Emmmmm Barcanista ! If my state is affected I think I have every right to be concerned! Or what do you think?

1 Like

Re: Creation Of "Oil River State" From Akwa-ibom And Rivers State by Chamack: 10:43am On Aug 16, 2014
barcanista: Are you an Andoni man? Hahaha
I am not, but I served at Nkoro which is a stone throw to Aandoni, If you say Nkoro's are ijaws I will agree with you but not aandoni.

1 Like

Re: Creation Of "Oil River State" From Akwa-ibom And Rivers State by mencade5(m): 10:46am On Aug 16, 2014
IGBOSON1:

Mofos don't know their left from their right......whether they're coming or going, and it's all because of OYEL!

Pathetic really!
my brother u are right. Oyel has made many brothers enemies of themselves.

People from the same state hates one another. Not only in SS, SW and SE region, NE, NW, and NC. Aside religion problem, many factors still exists in their reasom for hating each other. I mean people who themselves are christians.

2 Likes

Re: Creation Of "Oil River State" From Akwa-ibom And Rivers State by Nctrice(m): 10:46am On Aug 16, 2014
IGBOSON1:

Pathetic really!
I think they are just trying to get the extreme best out of the fact that majority of their community produce the "Oyel" but they are taking it too personal
Re: Creation Of "Oil River State" From Akwa-ibom And Rivers State by Nctrice(m): 10:51am On Aug 16, 2014
mencade5: my brother u are right. Oyel has made many brothers enemies of themselves.

People from the same state hates one another. Not only in SS, SW and SE region, NE, NW, and NC. Aside religion problem, many factors still exists in their reasom for hating each other. I mean people who themselves are christians.
even after they succeed in creating the "Ijaw State" they would still be community clashes amongst themselves!

1 Like

Re: Creation Of "Oil River State" From Akwa-ibom And Rivers State by mencade5(m): 11:05am On Aug 16, 2014
Nctrice: even after they succeed in creating the "Ijaw State" they would still be community clashes amongst themselves!
very true. Greed is what is killing us.
Re: Creation Of "Oil River State" From Akwa-ibom And Rivers State by Nobody: 11:05am On Aug 16, 2014
Nctrice: Emmmmm Barcanista ! If my state is affected I think I have every right to be concerned! Or what do you think?
Bros we av to understand that States are political creations. I don't see why yu should be over concerned like Attah when your community isn't affected. Why don't leave it to the communities and the Ijaw nation to decide for themselves? This Oil Rivers State is an something the affected communities support. If any1 should protest, they shd be the one. Like my broda Ijawcitizen said, its those that wears a shoe that knows how it feels.

1 Like

Re: Creation Of "Oil River State" From Akwa-ibom And Rivers State by Nobody: 11:11am On Aug 16, 2014
Nctrice: even after they succeed in creating the "Ijaw State" they would still be community clashes amongst themselves!
how many community clashes have yu heard of in Bayelsa state? Anyway, whatever goes on among the Ijaws is an entirely Ijaw affair.
Re: Creation Of "Oil River State" From Akwa-ibom And Rivers State by Nctrice(m): 11:15am On Aug 16, 2014
barcanista: Bros we av to understand that States are political creations. I don't see why yu should be over concerned like Attah when your community isn't affected. Why don't leave it to the communities and the Ijaw nation to decide for themselves? This Oil Rivers State is an something the affected communities support. If any1 should protest, they shd be the one. Like my broda Ijawcitizen said, its those that wears a shoe that knows how it feels.
ok the question now is that, "on what bases should "Oil River" state be created" or that one should not be my concern also?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Endsars Protest Live From Benue State. / Makinde To Tinubu: APC Will Not Rule Nigeria Beyond 2023 / Fashola Tenders Unreserved Apology To Reps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.