Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,079 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:32 PM

Nano Silver To End Ebola Vírus In Nigeria! - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nano Silver To End Ebola Vírus In Nigeria! (39161 Views)

First Nigerian Ebola Survivor Not Treated With "Nano Silver" - Health Minister / Lagos Rejects Ebola Trial Drug, Nano Silver / Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nano Silver To End Ebola Vírus In Nigeria! by Nobody: 3:44pm On Aug 15, 2014
Re: Nigeria: Ebola - FG Okays Nanosilver to Treat Patients As Another Nurse Dies

If you have been conned into becomming a colodial silver user *stop*. It's sale has been banned in the EU due to the large number of US based snakeoil salesmen with ties to silver PM investment promoting it unethically.

It can leave you a freak and the merits of use are offset by the fact the silver permently accumulates in the body.

The onset of the untreatable skin discolouration can be gradual or rapid.

It turns your skin into the equivalent of expised photographic paper with a pallid freakish blue discolouration which is for life.

People who promote it are a mix of evil and dumb. Many are silver investors who's real focus is not your health but creating bogus stories hoping to pump the spot price of silver traded as a PM.

Just as bleeping evil as big pharma in their own squalid way.

It was common in the 1900s and did nothing against the spanish influenza epidemic that killed millions and does *nothing* against ebola.[/quote]
Re: Nano Silver To End Ebola Vírus In Nigeria! by Profayo: 3:46pm On Aug 15, 2014
olala32: u re st pid.! Is he a medcali doc. Or medical scientist? If nt why d mockery on pharmacist.dr ,becos dey heard of ebola and decided to resign in d name of strike.useless drs.
Your comment shows two things,either your family has never produced a doctor,which is pathetic or the ones you've produced are useless,which is more pathetic.
Re: Nano Silver To End Ebola Vírus In Nigeria! by Nobody: 3:48pm On Aug 15, 2014
Lol!

E-baller needs "nano sliver" and "nano gold" bling bling...don't knock the e-baller's hustle.

I still don't know how he developed a drug that has been out there for eons.

This looks another Phillip Emeagwali scam...the father of the internet, yet he can't write basic html codes to build a decent website.

Or is it the Dr. Oyibo guy and his fraudulent GAGUT theorem?

Naij sure knows how to breed these folks...always inventing frauds.

Anyway, the man seems like an honest guy, so I still believe in him. It might be that the naij press sensationalised the whole thing. Or probably he just made a suggestion about a drug that can alleviate the symptoms.

2 Likes

Re: Nano Silver To End Ebola Vírus In Nigeria! by Nobody: 3:51pm On Aug 15, 2014
ceejayluv:
Nano silver is by all means "Western"..... some Nigerian quack is trying to play smart and our minister has goofed fulltime.

how many times have you heard nigerian minister were duped?

or dont you know the drug will be tested by nigerian on an ebola patient and see if it works first before they distribute it to the rest?
Re: Nano Silver To End Ebola Vírus In Nigeria! by Nobody: 3:55pm On Aug 15, 2014
MissMeiya:

Dear fucking god. Of course they refuted it. Believe it or not, some of us EVIL Americans care about the lives of other people.

Not to mention, any REAL reporter with SENSE would research such an unbelievable claim before blindly parroting it. Like I just did, with a simple Google search. Do I have ulterior motives too? After that, how easy would it be to call a health official for some respectable, credible quotes?

This is called JOURNALISM.

I'm glad there was an immediate response, or people would have been fooled. This is the kind of shít that gives Nigerians a bad name. I can't believe the audacity and shamelessness of these scammers.

America care for no one dawg
Re: Nano Silver To End Ebola Vírus In Nigeria! by Acidosis(m): 3:56pm On Aug 15, 2014
Nigerians sabi spread fake news sha.

This man is a scientist/business man with a Nigeria & U.S based/registered company called Innovative Biotech Ltd; and also a consultant on vaccine to NAFDAC.

Meanwhile,
Interviewer:
Have you returned to settle in Nigeria?

Simon Agwale, PhD:
There are basic researches that we can't do here because of facilities. I can't do the stem cell here because it requires twenty-four hour's light. I need companies that provide my laboratory needs instantly. You can't do any meaningful tissue culturing procedure in Nigeria for now.

This is why we are into two works: we do the real research and development in the US, and do the implementation here until we get certain things right.

My research requires complementation and they are not here. There is no single company in Nigeria that makes media for tissue culture. We have to import everything.

The F.G should please note.i
Re: Nano Silver To End Ebola Vírus In Nigeria! by Nobody: 3:56pm On Aug 15, 2014
Where are all the Professor of microbiology , Pharmacists and medical experts !!

This is the time we need them abi na only strike dem sabi ?
Re: Nano Silver To End Ebola Vírus In Nigeria! by Nobody: 3:57pm On Aug 15, 2014
MissMeiya:

Dear fucking god. Of course they refuted it. Believe it or not, some of us EVIL Americans care about the lives of other people.

Not to mention, any REAL reporter with SENSE would research such an unbelievable claim before blindly parroting it. Like I just did, with a simple Google search. Do I have ulterior motives too? After that, how easy would it be to call a health official for some respectable, credible quotes?

This is called JOURNALISM.

I'm glad there was an immediate response, or people would have been fooled. This is the kind of shít that gives Nigerians a bad name. I can't believe the audacity and shamelessness of these scammers.

so you mean nigeria will not test the drug on an ebola patient before paying for the drug?
Re: Nano Silver To End Ebola Vírus In Nigeria! by Acidosis(m): 3:59pm On Aug 15, 2014
donroxy: Where are all the Professor of microbiology , Pharmacists and medical experts !!

This is the time we need them abi na only strike dem sabi ?
Lol. Have you forgotten they're ALL civil servants?

What do you expect from a private scientist? Innovation cool
Re: Nano Silver To End Ebola Vírus In Nigeria! by Nobody: 3:59pm On Aug 15, 2014
donnypool:

America care for no one dawg

*eyeroll*
Re: Nano Silver To End Ebola Vírus In Nigeria! by Nobody: 4:00pm On Aug 15, 2014
Where's PAGAN9JA?

Since the cure for Ebola has been elusive and the yanks have refused to give naij zmapp...I think Nigerians need go to the gods of Africa for a drug.

PAGAN9JA, have the gods got cure for ebola?
Re: Nano Silver To End Ebola Vírus In Nigeria! by Nobody: 4:01pm On Aug 15, 2014
donnypool:

so you mean nigeria will not test the drug on an ebola patient before paying for the drug?

It's not a drug. It's essentially a vitamin. You can order it online from companies all over the world.

1 Like

Re: Nano Silver To End Ebola Vírus In Nigeria! by Emmaomotob(m): 4:01pm On Aug 15, 2014
onitshaigbo:

No, God loves the Igbos (Jews), the rest of you Nigerians are just gentiles, who are created to serve the Nation Of Israel (Igbos).
But from my experience,it has been Igbos traveling to Yoruba land to work and toil in the most industrialized region in sub-saharan Africa. grin
Re: Nano Silver To End Ebola Vírus In Nigeria! by Nobody: 4:02pm On Aug 15, 2014
50calibre:

Shut up dumbo!! What official line are you questioning? A deadly virus is on the verge of ravaging the entire population of west africa, any you speak of official line.

If you believe Ebola is a hoax, I challenge you head to Liberia, you can go assist Ebola victims there, that way you will effectively prove your point.

Primitive Africans are fond of bringing alien diseases, through unhealthy association with apes and other wildlife, they allow super viruses from these primates to successfully cross over to humans, endangering the entire human population.

I think any Ebola patient should be shot dead and cremated immediately, Ebola hotspots in Liberia, guinea and Sierra Leone should be identified and bombed.

It's only matter of time before an African brings an apocalypse virus from somewhere.

wickedness in the heart of men
Re: Nano Silver To End Ebola Vírus In Nigeria! by Nobody: 4:05pm On Aug 15, 2014
MissMeiya:

It's not a drug. It's essentially a vitamin. You can order it online from companies all over the world.

ok wait let it be tested or do you have the zmapp yet? vitamin or not, let it be tested on one person. I know how the west discriminate against c-section but now thats what they use for almost 80% of child delivering.

1 Like

Re: Nano Silver To End Ebola Vírus In Nigeria! by shitshappen(m): 4:06pm On Aug 15, 2014
What happens when a trial drug reacts in a never envisioned manner with human subjects. One of the answer is ZOMBIE OH.
LETS NOT CREATE A BIGGER PROBLEM FOR MANKIND. ALL THESE TRIAL DRUGS. HHHHM

P.S. THATS NOT ME TALKING, IS HOLLYWOOD TALKING THRU ME
Re: Nano Silver To End Ebola Vírus In Nigeria! by Nobody: 4:10pm On Aug 15, 2014
Acidosis:
Lol. Have you forgotten they're ALL civil servants?

What do you expect from a private scientist? Innovation cool
my problem is how much they form on Nairaland as if Nigeria will cease if they aint there ......

Now Ebola calls for research and we could not even read one single headline from any of their associations .... They are waiting on US, British , India, Germany etc to come with results as usual !!

But National cake , they will be on top of their voices as if they have found cure to Ebola virus !!

Mere civil servants !!
Re: Nano Silver To End Ebola Vírus In Nigeria! by shegsrules(m): 4:10pm On Aug 15, 2014
And the minister of health is in abuja addressing the media with that of information also and the speaking as if they are in Lagos handling the whole situation, I just hope the quarantined officials affected get the best medication possible.
Re: Nano Silver To End Ebola Vírus In Nigeria! by Nobody: 4:12pm On Aug 15, 2014
[size=15pt]FDA warns of fraudulent Ebola drug claims[/size]

By Toni Clarke for REUTERS

Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:39am BST

Health »

(Reuters) - The U.S. Food and Drug Administration said on Thursday it has become aware of products being sold online that fraudulently claim to prevent or treat Ebola.

The FDA's warning comes on the heels of comments by Nigeria's top health official, Onyebuchi Chukwu, who reportedly said earlier Thursday that eight Ebola patients in Lagos, the country's capital, will receive an experimental treatment called nano-silver.

Erica Jefferson, a spokeswoman for the FDA, said she could not provide any information about the product referenced by the Nigerians.

The FDA did not specify any products in its warning.

Silver has been used as an antibacterial for centuries. Tiny silver particles known as nano-silver have controversially been incorporated into a variety of consumer products such as socks and bedding to help block odors caused by bacteria and mold.

The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency considers nano-silver a pesticide. Manufacturers of products that contain it must register them with the agency.

Nano-silver is also sometimes sold online as a dietary supplement even though Danish researchers found in a recent study that nano-silver can penetrate and damage cells.

The FDA regulates dietary supplements and said in its statement that "by law, dietary supplements cannot claim to prevent or cure disease."

The agency said it had received consumer complaints about the Ebola claims.

"Individuals promoting these unapproved and fraudulent products must take immediate action to correct or remove these claims or face potential FDA action," the agency said.

The Ebola outbreak ravaging West Africa has claimed 1,069 lives so far. Most have been in Guinea, Sierra Leone and Liberia. Nigeria has confirmed 10 cases of the disease and four deaths.

(Reporting by Toni Clarke in Washington; Editing by Richard Chang)

Source: http://uk.reuters.com/article/2014/08/14/us-health-ebola-fda-nanosilver-idUKKBN0GE2GD20140814

1 Like

Re: Nano Silver To End Ebola Vírus In Nigeria! by UrbanMystique: 4:15pm On Aug 15, 2014
MissMeiya:

He doesn't. He saw the word America and started frothing at the mouth. The damn thing was invented by Koreans. It has been used, researched and discussed by many countries for years. It's banned in countries in Europe.

In addition, did the original post not use AMERICAN universities to sell its claim? Why did he swallow that one?

The guy is a fool.
I told you to shut the fhuck up cos you are too stúpid.! Who even taught you how to use the Internet? It's been banned in Europe same way American banned the African giant snails cos they Contain bacterials right? The same snail we Africans have been eating from time immemorial..

Anything From American laboratories or university must be taken seriously mumu
Re: Nano Silver To End Ebola Vírus In Nigeria! by Nobody: 4:15pm On Aug 15, 2014
I still don't understand how a drug can be called an ebola drug when it hasn't been tested on ebola patients

How does that work?

3 Likes

Re: Nano Silver To End Ebola Vírus In Nigeria! by Nobody: 4:18pm On Aug 15, 2014
ebdib: I still don't understand how a drug can be called an ebola drug when it hasn't been tested on ebola patients

How does that work?

Indeed..

There is no invitro or animal research done showing nano-silver clears the ebola virus.

The drug won't work.....sadly.

1 Like

Re: Nano Silver To End Ebola Vírus In Nigeria! by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:20pm On Aug 15, 2014
onitshaigbo:

No, God loves the Igbos (Jews), the rest of you Nigerians are just gentiles, who are created to serve the Nation Of Israel (Igbos).

someone plz gives this fellow Nano silver drug!

1 Like

Re: Nano Silver To End Ebola Vírus In Nigeria! by nora544: 4:21pm On Aug 15, 2014
Simon Agwale, PhD

There are basic researches that we can't do here because of facilities. I can't do the stem cell here because it requires twenty-four hour's light. I need companies that provide my laboratory needs instantly. You can't do any meaningful tissue culturing procedure in Nigeria for now.

This is why we are into two works: we do the real research and development in the US, and do the implementation here until we get certain things right.

My research requires complementation and they are not here. There is no single company in Nigeria that makes media for tissue culture. We have to import everything.

Something tell me that this man is a fraudster, because to search private in America that is not realy possible because it takes very much money. I will try to get in contact with a friend of my daughter she is also a PHD holder like my daugher if she can find something about this man. Normaly when you make research than you will find information about his research in sides for scientists.

Normaly companies work together with Universities for this, I feel this man want to make money very quick with this fake drug that he has a good life in america.

1 Like

Re: Nano Silver To End Ebola Vírus In Nigeria! by Nobody: 4:22pm On Aug 15, 2014
50calibre:

Stop deceiving yourself lady, the guy may bear a Nigerian name or even a Nigerian citizenship, but in essence he's not really a Nigerian.

He is in America, he used the knowledge imparted on him by America, the research, development and trial of the drug was done using American facilities.... So I don't see how Nigeria could claim him as one of their own.

Technically he's an American so be thankful to America.

Just like the UK would claim Lemar and Chinwetel, US would claim Olajuwon etc would not claim sawyer because he has to do with a wmd? It is all semantics. I have relations who would claim America and tell us how useless we are as Nigerians, but when they find themselves in certain situations in the US, they switch allegiance.
Re: Nano Silver To End Ebola Vírus In Nigeria! by tempex88(m): 4:22pm On Aug 15, 2014
My dear President and Minister of Health, test this Drug, Improve it, do all to make it work even if it requires pumping billions of dollars. make sure it works in one week and lets produce it in mass and sell to our West African Neighbors and shame all those who think nothing good can come from the black race.

1 Like

Re: Nano Silver To End Ebola Vírus In Nigeria! by Nobody: 4:22pm On Aug 15, 2014
What kind of person spreads this sort of misinformation? And what kind of people swallow it without even bordering to verify it. Well FYI Nanosilver is an antibacterial compound not antiviral compound, what that means is that it doesn't have any effect on Ebola, which is a virus.

1 Like

Er, anyway, there's a silver-lining that's not "nano sliver" in the research for the cure for ebola virus:

Breakthrough in hunt for cure for deadly Ebola virus

Scientists have discovered how the Ebola virus disables the body's immune response, in a discovery that should help the search for potential cures and vaccines.

Researchers from American institutions found that Ebola carries a protein called VP24, which interferes with a molecule called interferon that is vital to the immune response.

"Figuring out how VP24 promotes this disruption will suggest new ways to defeat the virus," said Dr Chris Basler, of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York.

The World Health Organisation yesterday reported 128 new Ebola cases and 56 deaths in West Africa in the two days to Aug 11, raising the death toll from the worst ever outbreak of the disease to 1,069.

Officials in Sierra Leone confirmed the death of a second doctor at the hands of the virus. Dr Modupeh Cole, a senior physician at the Connaught Hospital in Freetown, was diagnosed with Ebola last Friday. His death came two week after Sierra Leone's sole virologist, Dr Umar Khan, died from the virus after successfully treating more than 100 patients.

Ernest Bai Koroma, Sierra Leone's president, appealed to the international community for help in raising an extra pounds €13 million to fund a "national response plan" to fight the epidemic.

Meanwhile yesterday the World Health Organisation(WHO) on Wednesday reported 128 new Ebola cases and 56 deaths in West Africa in the two days to August 11, raising the death toll from the worst ever outbreak of the disease to 1,069.

- See more at: http://www.independent.ie/world-news/africa/breakthrough-in-hunt-for-cure-for-deadly-ebola-virus-30507627.html#sthash.7NTldULD.dpuf

1 Like

Re: Nano Silver To End Ebola Vírus In Nigeria! by san316(m): 4:23pm On Aug 15, 2014
Atleast that's what we want. We have to start taking the initiative. Even though it's not in Africa, it was developed by an African(Nigerian) that means we can still get it right if do things right. To our leaders: if the Dr says he wants to set up a research lab in Nigeria, can you commit to it?
Re: Nano Silver To End Ebola Vírus In Nigeria! by obamma: 4:27pm On Aug 15, 2014
Nano silver has been existing before and it was not invented by a Nigeria. I know the drug since last year and i have bought it in the US before last year. This guy is a scam.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

No End In Sight To My Medical Problems; I Might Be Dying Slowly / How Much Does Cataracts Surgery Cost In Nigeria? / Ada Priscilla Nzimiro: The Tragic Story Of The First Igbo Female Medical Doctor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.