Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,389 members, 7,781,117 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:17 AM

Siblings............. - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Siblings............. (39593 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Siblings............. by AudreyTimms(f): 7:28am On Aug 28, 2014
Flakkydagirl: Heaves a sigh of relief.....i'm glad the akara prefect is back,i hope all akara related issues will be solved now.Its always tempting to want to jump straight into the coversation and not wasting time on describing the characters,the event and their environment.

Haven read from other writers,i know better.Describing in your narration makes the character and their environment come alive.

And stop troubling your head,your work is great as it is,regular updates,it pulls the crowd and is simply fantastic,just some finishing touches.

We keep learning everyday dear.
Hmm....Alright! Tanx dear. Wish I were there to watch dt fight
Re: Siblings............. by AudreyTimms(f): 7:32am On Aug 28, 2014
ToriEmManson: Audrey Timms so o u b Akara Prefect eh... Share dat akara equalie o
Flakkydagirl thumbs up...u er realie doin wel wid al ya stories... More cocobutter to ya elbow
Longthroat! Na u go get d smallest share
Re: Siblings............. by AudreyTimms(f): 7:34am On Aug 28, 2014
jaymomma: Audrey d akara prefect, pass me some. Flakky, lovely story
Longthroat, I no go give u
Re: Siblings............. by Nobody: 7:34am On Aug 28, 2014
Flakkydagirl: Snowprince in the building......

Wait o...
Whats happening here....
* I'm on my knees in prayer*

Father i bind every spirit of akara eating in this thread o.

Snowprinc you're welcome....
Enjoy.....
*****hahahah tankzz ma'am.morning
Re: Siblings............. by Queenxstar(f): 8:18am On Aug 28, 2014
Walks in with agege bread and a cup of cold beverage. Maama I don't do pap, hope my share of akara is intact.

I love the bond between the siblings.
Re: Siblings............. by Flakkydagirl: 9:27am On Aug 28, 2014
Chp 2 contd......

Osagie sat up straight in his vinyl executive seat, he wanted to finish the files he opened that morning.But his wrist was not helping matters.

He sat back and gently rubbed his right hand wrist where Nosa hit him while they were struggling to take Esosa away from him.He had apologised anyway,but would that take away the pain in his hand.Nothing would make him raise his hands on Adesuwa.

Ping!

He picked up his Blackberry phone,it was a text from Hameenat.

I'm accepting your apology on the condition that you take me out for dinner......

A frown puckered on his brow,what does she take him for anyway? Maybe its time he gave her a piece of his mind.

Adesuwa's voice echoed in his head,what about giving her a chance,she wasn't bad afterall except that she was a muslim.

He'll think about it later and know what to do by then.
Adesuwa presented the glass of juice on a tray to Mrs Ubah their neighbour.

"Thanks my daughter." Evelyn Ubah said accepting the drink from her.

"Mother will be with you shortly."Adesuwa curtsied,she sat at the extreme end of the sitting room.

Sarah Odika walked in wearing a white lace gown,she was 5ft 6 inches and had flesh on her body."Good evening Evelyn." she said coming to sit by her.

Sarah often envied Evelyn because she was a psychologist.she was a good looking woman too.

"How was work today." she asked the other woman sitted by her.

Evelyn smiled,"Stressful as usual o,we thank God.I came to thank you for last night."

"Last night?" Sarah asked,she had no idea what Evelyn was talking about.

"Your children helped Esosa get away from Nosa,its so pathetic that i'm fed up.I don't know how two grown ups can fight like that everyday."Evelyn said,her face crest in deep concern.Even as a psychologist she couldn't know it all.

"Perhaps they need prayer,i'll talk to my husband and we'll pray together for them my dear."Sarah comforted her friend.

Evelyn looked towards Adesuwa and whispered to Sarah."Do you know i envy your children,they're so close,matured and well behaved."

Adesuwa typed on her phone furiously so that the women would not know she was listening in on their conversation.

Sarah smiled in gratitude,"All thanks to God o my sister."

"I hope one day,Nosa and Esosa would be like them,peaceful and all that."Evelyn said."Is she looking for a job or is her husband ready?" she said pointing to Adesuwa.

"She's looking for a job,hopefully she'll get one.Her father has spoken to some key people and we're praying about it." Sarah explained.

The women discussed for a while,laughing as they spoke.They dispersed when Pastor Odika arrived,exchanging pleasantries with her friend's husband before leaving for her flat.

Adesuwa knew there would be a court session later in the night over the two issues that Mrs Ubah mentioned.

Osagie closed his office door,carrying his bag on his left shoulder,he had removed his tie and suit already.

"He's damn gorgeous."Hameenat said aloud to herself watching from behind her car.she had been waiting for him to come down all day.

Osagie looked casual in his cream shirt and black trousers,he walked towards his car,and saw Hameenat standing there staring at him.

He smiled at her warmly,he didn't know what to say to her as both remained on their feet.

Hameenat closed the gap between them,"I knew you would accept to take me out to dinner."she smiled and embraced him.

"I...I.. Its not...." Osagie stammered,she had misunderstood him.

"Shhhh..shhhhh" Hameenat placed her index finger to his lips."You don't have to say a word mister."

"But Hameenat.."

"No buts,there's this new restaurant i heard off,i'm sure you'll like the place." she said leading him towards his car.

Osagie knew he was trapped,he checked his watch it was some minutes to five.He opened the passenger door and she hoped in.Before getting into his seat.

"This was going to be a long long dinner."Osagie thought to himself as Hameenat described how to get to the restaurant.he listened and nodded when necessary.

He turned on the ignition and drove out joining the queue of cars on the road.Hameenat was a chatter box,she chatted excitedly and smiled easily too.

He brought his phone and sent a text to Adesuwa to inform her that he'll be home late,she told him to have fun and be a gentleman. He had no option than to relax and enjoy himself.

Turning on the radio,he tuned it to a station where an hiphop song was playing,and he increased the volume so as to drown Hameenat's voice.

But as luck was on Hameenat's side,the music changed and the radio began to play John Legend's 'All of me' . Hammenat kept quiet and listened too.

Osagie stole a glance at her,she looked beautiful and relaxed like one without a care in the world.There was an uncomfortable silence in the car.

2 Likes

Re: Siblings............. by Onemansquad(m): 10:02am On Aug 28, 2014
*Come dwn frm my car ,,Walks into the thread and evribdy hailin me....*whr is d barman.,, pls gv evribdy here thr favorite drink*
Aunty flakky 9c 1 pls ride on thumbs up
Re: Siblings............. by Opracus(f): 10:18am On Aug 28, 2014
abeg give me 3bottles of spirit nd 4fishroll aunty flakky thanks 4 d update
Re: Siblings............. by Opracus(f): 10:19am On Aug 28, 2014
cold sprit ***
Re: Siblings............. by Nobody: 11:04am On Aug 28, 2014
AudreyTimms:
Longthroat! Na u go get d smallest share
angry Ah! No b bad tin i talk na ...
Re: Siblings............. by Flakkydagirl: 11:08am On Aug 28, 2014
Chapter 3

"Isn't it strange that you're not in any relationship?" Sarah said pacing to and fro in her bedroom.

Adesuwa sat on the bed looking at her mother,and her father sat stood by the curtain,his expression was not readable with the way he angled his head.

"Calm down dear,let me excuse you two,perhaps she'll confide in you." Kenneth said walking out of the bedroom.

Sarah sat by Adesuwa and held her hands,"Is it that no one has ever spoken to you or you're the one who is not interested?"

Adesuwa sighed,she knew her mother could be worrisome when she chose to,she only wished that Mrs Ubah hadn't mentioned it to her.She had gone to see Esosa after dinner,she didn't have much bruise but complained of body ache.

Letting her mind wonder for a while,would Osagie ever do that to her? Ofcourse not,he's just too nice to try that.She loved her brother so much,she loved her family too.She just wasn't ready to date.

"Mother i just don't want a relationship because i'm not ready for one."she said quietly.

"Lord Jesus what is happening to my daughter." Sarah looked sad."Time waits for no one dear,you're not getting any younger."

"I know.....but do you remember Rebecca?she found the man for her at the appointed time,and Queen esther too.I know my time will come too."Adesuwa comforted her mother.

"May God give you a man after his own heart dear." Sarah said before praying with her daughter.

The programme was boring her already,she changed the stations frequently,moreover she was feeling sleepty too.

But her brother wasn't back and she was beginning to get worried.Her eyes travelled to the big wall clock at the center of the sitting room,the clock was presented to her mother,as the most hard working teacher two years ago.

It was ten pm on the dot,she dialled his number but it was not going through
"Is Osagie not back?" her father asked standing by the door,he was wearing a sky blue pyjamas.

"No papa,he's on his way already."Adesuwa answered.

"Go in and sleep then." Kenneth said.

Adesuwa shrugged her shoulders,"I will...when Osagie comes back."

Her father mumbled some words she couldn't catch as he left for his bedroom.

Adesuwa dialled his number,but this time it was switched off.she hissed loudly and arranged herself very well on the couch.It was so unlike him,and her fears heightened as the clock ticked each minute.

"Even if you come back by one am,i'll be here waiting." Adesuwa said aloud switching off the Tv set and placing her phone on her chest.

2 Likes

Re: Siblings............. by seunviju(f): 11:23am On Aug 28, 2014
This siblings love nawa o.lovely update flakky
Re: Siblings............. by Opracus(f): 11:26am On Aug 28, 2014
nice sister nd caring also
Re: Siblings............. by PrinceAdepoju(m): 11:44am On Aug 28, 2014
Hmmm.

Hameenat, where is Osagie?
Re: Siblings............. by bumsiee: 12:12pm On Aug 28, 2014
I see I see d story is going well. Tanks aunty flakky.
Re: Siblings............. by Flakkydagirl: 2:59pm On Aug 28, 2014
"Thank you Mr Osagie." Biola Coker from the account department got down from the car.

Osagie started the car and drove away,he saw Biola at the bus stop,about two miles from the company.He's stopped by him that was when he got to know that he misplaced his purse and was stranded,he offered to help when he said he was going his way.

He tuned the radio to a station where sports analysis was going on.Listening to the voice of the man on the programme.he was not a football fanatic like many other men.

His mind constantly drifting to Hameenat,she had stuck to him like glue,even when it sounds hard to believe.Dinner had been superb and she was a complete chatter box,she knew almost everything he mentioned,she jumped from one topic to another.

If someone had prophesied that he would enjoy last evening with her,he wouldn't have believed it.Hameenat was so natural,she spoke things as they were,no sugarcoating or honeymixing words.

She ordered semovita and egusi soup with cow meat.And when he asked for a spoon,she insisted that he eat with his hands.The food was washed down with a pack of cold juice.

To his surprise,she insisted that she would pay some part of the money,to which Osagie disagreed.After a while Osagie gave in since she was being adamant.

In all honesty,he had a swell time last evening.They'd reluctantly left the restaurant some minutes past seven.

He drove her home and she invited him to meet her folks,they were nice people too,he politely turned down their offer to stay for a drink.

Hameenat saw him off to his car and thanked him for spending quality time with him,and just as he turned to unlock his car,she planted a good night kiss on his cheeks.

Osagie was surprised as she fled for the gate instantly.He got into the car and turned the ignition but the car refused to start,he opened the bonnet to check,touching the wires but everything was intact.

After walking around,he found a roadside mechanic,it was past eight already.The mechanic worked on it for more than an hour.It didn't even occur to him to call Adesuwa.

One of Hameenat's brother had seen him and the mechanic,he was the one who asked him in,he ended up sleeping in their guest room and when he brought out his phone to call his sister,his blattery was flat.

By morning the mechanic had come back to finish the car,and so Osagie left for home.

He explained to his parents but Adesuwa refused to listen to his explanations,she avoided him all morning and only spoke to him when necessary.

It hurt him to see that she was angry with him,even if he had succeeded in avoiding Hameenat in the office.

He drove home hopeful that she would talk him to him now.

1 Like

Re: Siblings............. by jaymomma(f): 3:01pm On Aug 28, 2014
AudreyTimms:
Longthroat, I no go give u

Haba! Pls na
Re: Siblings............. by udison(m): 3:03pm On Aug 28, 2014
Good Afternoon pple
Re: Siblings............. by Mzbolar(f): 3:05pm On Aug 28, 2014
Tumbs up flakky, A̶̲̥̅Ṁ̭̥̈̅̄ really proud of U̶̲̥̅̊.
Re: Siblings............. by Flakkydagirl: 3:08pm On Aug 28, 2014
Mzbolar: Tumbs up flakky, A̶̲̥̅Ṁ̭̥̈̅̄ really proud of U̶̲̥̅̊.
⌣»̶·̵̭̌·̵̭̌✽̤̈̊Ŧђɑ̤̥̈̊п̥̥̲̣̣̣kƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇✽̤̈̊·̵̭̌·̵̭̌«̶ Mzbolar,you're welcome swirie.....
Re: Siblings............. by Flakkydagirl: 3:10pm On Aug 28, 2014
udison: Good Afternoon pple
Good afternoon Udison.......how do you do#
Re: Siblings............. by Flakkydagirl: 3:12pm On Aug 28, 2014
bumsiee: I see I see d story is going well. Tanks aunty flakky.
You're welcome Bumsiee dearie
Re: Siblings............. by Flakkydagirl: 3:14pm On Aug 28, 2014
PrinceAdepoju: Hmmm.

Hameenat, where is Osagie?
Osagie is fine o........thnks for your concern o
Re: Siblings............. by Flakkydagirl: 3:15pm On Aug 28, 2014
Opracus: nice sister nd caring also
Yes....yeah
Re: Siblings............. by udison(m): 3:16pm On Aug 28, 2014
Flakkydagirl: Good afternoon Udison.......how do you do#

Im fine Ma.n u
Re: Siblings............. by Flakkydagirl: 3:17pm On Aug 28, 2014
seunviju: This siblings love nawa o.lovely update flakky
Thnks Seunviju
Re: Siblings............. by Onemansquad(m): 3:34pm On Aug 28, 2014
aunty flakky tnx 4 d update *ride on we dy ur bak*
Re: Siblings............. by Hameenat94(f): 3:39pm On Aug 28, 2014
Hameenat has released Osaz oh... We shuld plead wit Adesuwa on His behalf... Na luv de make me behave lyk ode jare..
Re: Siblings............. by AudreyTimms(f): 4:01pm On Aug 28, 2014
I am so luvin dis! Weldone girl! Adesuwa don dey annoy me sha. Make she go find her own boyfriend abeg
Re: Siblings............. by Opracus(f): 4:15pm On Aug 28, 2014
abi ooo make adesuwa self go out abi is she as ugly like kilode .........but sha sorry adesuwa bcus hameenat took ur home luv just for a night
Re: Siblings............. by Nobody: 4:18pm On Aug 28, 2014
AudreyTimms: I am so luvin dis! Weldone girl! Adesuwa don dey annoy me sha. Make she go find her own boyfriend abeg
She na baddest sister ever liveth...She no wan share her bros wid anoda ...as 4 bf ehm let's jst check oud if she go c Osagie d 2nd
Re: Siblings............. by Flakkydagirl: 4:38pm On Aug 28, 2014
wink
Onemansquad: aunty flakky tnx 4 d update *ride on we dy ur bak*
Good to see you dear....... smiley cheesy wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Professor Ama Ata Aidoo Dies At 83 / Wole Soyinka: I Will Not Destroy My US Residential Permit Just Yet. / Taboo [18+]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.