Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,969 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:26 AM

Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. (7773 Views)

Army Has Met December Deadline Of Defeating Boko Haram – Lai Mohammed / Sunday Akoji Claims Army Has Found Buhari's certificate / Army Has Buhari’s Academic Records, But Not Original Copies Of His Certificates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by Nobody: 6:12pm On Aug 15, 2014
Mehn, take heart. sadsad
May his soul rest in peace.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by Nobody: 6:15pm On Aug 15, 2014
tit:

Who wan die?

I read the other day, that the NA was fleeing from BH technicals.
Technicals can do 150kmph
Otokar can do 90kmph
Main battle tanks can hardly do 45kmph!

Bros eee!
The tank commander jumped down and flagged down a passing NA technical!
Who wan die!
hahahhahaahha. Sure lots things are not going on properly. NA troops are giving there best. Fighting n running we the need arises but DHQ is no reluctant to facilitate an end to the insurgency
Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by jpphilips(m): 6:20pm On Aug 15, 2014
4thsense:

DID YOU JUST WRITE N500? HOW MUCH ARE POLITCAL THUGS AND ASSASINS PAID

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG AND WHY WOULD IT CONTINUE SO IN THIS COUNTRY GOD!!!! I'M SO WOUNDED. MAY GOD PUNISH AND JUDGE ALL RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS WICKEDNESS.

Now I understand why Naija is so messed up, even the Military we are looking up to are equally helpless. If a soldier wielding a riffle can be "chanced" of his pay, then this revolution will never come.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by Nobody: 6:24pm On Aug 15, 2014
EasternLeopard:

Post the picture of your father so that we can verify your info

We want to be sure that you are not an anti-GEJ who wants to stir up protest against GEJ

2015 is at the corner and people are ready to cook up stories to win sympathy votes to their political parties
YOU ARE CRAZY.

Someones father died and this is the condolence you can come up with. Must everything be about Jonathans 2015 ambition?

You Jonathanians make me sick walahai !

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by Nobody: 6:26pm On Aug 15, 2014
The DHQ is wasting large among of its trained and well experience military officers to the insurgency. Provide boots on the ground with all necessary weaponry. Just imagine NO ready to eat packed food. Troops cook. 3mag per soldier when in liberia,somalia our troops were using bullets like groundnut. I don't know why the army changed the directive infact during Obj troops in ND use ammo in excess. 1000 bullet returned for 100 fired. Troops are allowed to fight without support coming. Too bad

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by EasternLeopard: 6:27pm On Aug 15, 2014
chucky234: What has election got to do with the death of my dad?

NL is full of people who can set this nation on fire

That is why people like me decided to become more vocal in making sure their evil arrow is halted

Imagine some people using monikers that make them appear to be from one part of the country so as to use it to demoralise the people

When your father complained of poor equipment and 500naira allowance instead of 3000naira, why didn't you open a thread like SIRIUSBLACK to draw the president's attention.

I repeat

Give more evidence to convince us that you are not one of those who are here to set the nation ablaze.
Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by 4thsense: 6:29pm On Aug 15, 2014
Too bad!
Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by Jakumo(m): 6:30pm On Aug 15, 2014
EasternLeopard:

I repeat

Give more evidence to convince us that you are not one of those who are here to set the nation ablaze.

How on earth can the death of a soldier at war, even if it was FALSELY reported, "set the nation ablaze?"

I simply cannot follow that leap in logic, and would be grateful if you could elaborate on this strange and wacky claim.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by madamoringo(f): 6:32pm On Aug 15, 2014
chucky234: Thanks sis.

Chucky, I am more than terribly sorry for the loss of your dad! OMG...he had a good profile! I will be honest with you now: I scanned some of your past posts to see if you were one of the people who have blindly supported this government, no I don't mean once in a while just letting things slide. I mean people of the calibre of chino, insincere9gerian, easternleopard, ngozievergreen, banega, etc; and I do not find this in your past posts. I am again sorry for your loss and you must be really courageous to be able to face up here on NL, and make such a concise post about this really horrible news. Accept my condolences. However, please permit me to blame you, PLEASE! For God's sake, I know it is too late to give this advice but perhaps someone else will learn, YOU and family should have made sure your father left this Nigerian Army! What else has he got to prove? To even make it into the Regular Army already takes you above board as far as courage, patriotism and brilliance is concerned, many people will die from just the stress required to be in any average Army! How much a Nigerian Army where even the smallest things will be made so difficult, e.g. finding a decent Government provided accommodation! Not to mention someone who has seen action in multiple theatres of war: Liberia, Sierra Leone, Bakassi, etc!

I would guess your father was an Officer in the Nigerian Army?? Perhaps a Colonel? I am saying this because I know a bit of the Nigerian Forces, seeing my family were in the Armed Forces too. In fact, one of my uncles left the Army about 3 years ago as a Colonel and he fought in Liberia too, and many theatres of war and he tells me how badly things get on the battle field and he could have died in Liberia, he fought for years there as a commander. He was wounded and carried off the battle field, fighting for this same Nigeria! Oh, the story of horror of how they were all abandoned, no healthcare, foreign treatment a problem until the managed to go and treat maybe some lucky ones in Egypt! He left the Army at that time as one of the higher-ups, his oga was having some issues with him, and he told me about it, that he would be living in about 2 years. I was not happy because he was a very good man, a christian, extremely generous, very easy going, not surprising being a christian and having been almost dead a few times! You naturally come to take life easy because you know you could have been dead, and not the easy kind of death where you are just in your bed, I mean the violently ugly ones. Why am I telling you this story? Well Boko Haram, something your dad must have told you about.

For months, I have suggested that any soldier and all soldiers in the NA should quit the army seeing how they are being set up for slaughter by this useless government! Please, do not be blindly patriotic but see my common sense! Do you know that in any war or battle, the opposition cannot continue the battle if you consistently achieve higher kill ratios of 10 to 1 or more, demoralize the enemy so badly, he loses the will to fight on and no human being or recruit will want to fight for your enemy because he sees the carnage and kill ratio. You know in some wars, some soldiers do not even make it past the first assault, heck even the landing of the soldiers, where they could be landing under heavy fire! I am sure you have seen a few war movies and read a few war books and we all know how modern armies fight, especially an army against a ragtag insurgency like BH! For N 5 Tr in the past 4 years, should soldiers not be kitted to the max, with unlimited supply of bullets, the best guns whose sound drives the fear of God even into inanimate objects, not to talk of a BH that should be outnumbered and outgunned? I ask: should a real army not have the resources to penetrate behind enemy lines and learn the enemies plans? Their movements? Their objectives? Decoys? By inserting undercover officers behind enemy lines, espionage, wire-tapping, etc? When NA arrives at a battle field, they should hardly be coming in hot because you expect the NAF to have straffed miles over miles of the hot zone, even before there are boots on the ground! Yet, when the NA arrives, they should be landing with superior, automated firepower with precise knowledge of where the remnants of the enemies are with one of objective capture or kill the enemy with a kill ratio of 100:1 or better! They should be able to call in airstrikes on demand, helicopter gunships that will closely support the offensive and hundreds of military doctors, nurses, intelligence analysts with multiple companies on standby and overwhelming numbers of soldiers at every time! But Nigeria's government has failed badly! Yet, they keep lying to Nigerians why better Nigerians like you dad (RIP) keep paying the ultimate sacrifice!

The worst of these all is Nigerians and their leaders will not learn from any tragedy! They will keep doing the same thing and asking God to come down and do their job or not allow something to happen when God himself is waiting for them to do it because he has given them everything needed and more to solve the problems! It is a shame and RIP to him.

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by cirmuell(m): 6:32pm On Aug 15, 2014
chucky234: Generals are doing nothing to help the soldiers, FG asked the generals to pay the fighting soldiers N3000 daily but you wont believe they are been paid N500 daily.
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by RareDiamond: 6:34pm On Aug 15, 2014
May his soul rest in peace . Amen !!!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by EasternLeopard: 6:35pm On Aug 15, 2014
lakhadimar: YOU ARE CRAZY.
Someones father died and this is the condolence you can come up with. Must everything be about Jonathans 2015 ambition?
You Jonathanians make me sick walahai !

Why won't I be crazy to you just because I asked that he should be cross-examined properly before crucifying your most hated enemy GEJ

I know you will believe him because his comment paints GEJ as a culprit
Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by Nobody: 6:35pm On Aug 15, 2014
EasternLeopard:

NL is full of people who can set this nation on fire

That is why people like me decided to become more vocal in making sure their evil arrow is halted

Imagine some people using monikers that make them appear to be from one part of the country so as to use it to demoralise the people

When your father complained of poor equipment and 500naira allowance instead of 3000naira, why didn't you open a thread like SIRIUSBLACK to draw the president's attention.

I repeat

After he gives you the information nko? What will you do? Stop supporting jonathan?

We all know you wouldn't do that, so, what will be the point of proving anything to you?

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by Nobody: 6:39pm On Aug 15, 2014
@madamoringo. So on point in some areas. Our troops go in blind and deaf. About leaving the job. Who's going to defend the country

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by Jakumo(m): 6:42pm On Aug 15, 2014
django1:

After he gives you the information nko? What will you do? Stop supporting jonathan?

We all know you wouldn't do that, so, what will be the point of proving anything to you?

There is no point at all in proving what one knows to be true, for the benefit of absolute strangers. Such an effort would be a total waste of time, with no tangible benefit even if the audience is convinced by the persuasiveness of an argument.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by Nobody: 6:42pm On Aug 15, 2014
EasternLeopard:

Why won't I be crazy to you just because I asked that he should be cross-examined properly before crucifying your most hated enemy GEJ

I know you will believe him because his comment paints GEJ as a culprit
. What's with ur gragra attitude hw much is TAN/okupe paying u per post. I used to respect you. But you dragging a noble patriot into ur politics.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by cirmuell(m): 6:44pm On Aug 15, 2014
EasternLeopard:

Everybody can't be as dull as you

Election is nearby

Someone who never talked about his daddy when he was alive, just come online and talked about his dad's death and you believe him

Guy are you up to 18

Picture of his dead dad in military uniform or I don't believe
didn't expect you to stoop this low. So you mean he should have been screaming around that his dad is in the NA while he was alive? SMH undecided

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by Nobody: 6:45pm On Aug 15, 2014
seaman007: 30 to 60 bullet for each soilder
whc is 30 multiply by 45
Is 1350 bullet

45 trained soldier won't shoot aimlessly
I rest my case

Not when you were surrounded by hundreds of militants for up to 2 hrs.

RIP to the gallant soldier.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by cirmuell(m): 6:45pm On Aug 15, 2014
Ibnsultan: . What's with ur gragra attitude hw much is TAN/okupe paying u per post. I used to respect you. But you dragging a noble patriot into ur politics.
my thought too bro...dude fall hand big time.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by Nobody: 6:47pm On Aug 15, 2014
Friends and family have either died serving Nigeria in NA and Dss. Or injured in combat and abandon by the military. Infact I know some one who deserted because of pathetic situation but has been arrested and inprison for months by the army

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by EasternLeopard: 6:52pm On Aug 15, 2014
Jakumo:

How on earth can the death of a soldier at war, even if it was FALSELY reported, "set the nation ablaze?"

I simply cannot follow that leap in logic, and would be grateful if you could elaborate on this strange and wacky claim.

Good question

When a falsehood is repeated multiple times and evidence is not demanded, it becomes truth.

If Nigerians buy this falsehood that GEJ is not playing his role, people will fall prey to political opportunists

Eg BringBackOurGirls campaigne is one example. But it did not worked out as planned

Do you know why GEJ provided security during Ekiti/Osun elections and allowed the peoples choice prevailed.? It was to prove his critics wrong.

My brother

We must know that politicians can do anything to win even if it will set the nation ablaze

Now let's ask for evidence before we drink/ bath salt, bitter kola and water
Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by Nobody: 6:53pm On Aug 15, 2014
madamoringo:

Chucky, I am more than terribly sorry for the loss of your dad! OMG...he had a good profile! I will be honest with you now: I scanned some of your past posts to see if you were one of the people who have blindly supported this government, no I don't mean once in a while just letting things slide. I mean people of the calibre of chino, insincere9gerian, easternleopard, ngozievergreen, banega, etc; and I do not find this in your past posts. I am again sorry for your loss and you must be really courageous to be able to face up here on NL, and make such a concise post about this really horrible news. Accept my condolences. However, please permit me to blame you, PLEASE! For God's sake, I know it is too late to give this advice but perhaps someone else will learn, YOU and family should have made sure your father left this Nigerian Army! What else has he got to prove? To even make it into the Regular Army already takes you above board as far as courage, patriotism and brilliance is concerned, many people will die from just the stress required to be in any average Army! How much a Nigerian Army where even the smallest things will be made so difficult, e.g. finding a decent Government provided accommodation! Not to mention someone who has seen action in multiple theatres of war: Liberia, Sierra Leone, Bakassi, etc!

I would guess your father was an Officer in the Nigerian Army?? Perhaps a Colonel? I am saying this because I know a bit of the Nigerian Forces, seeing my family were in the Armed Forces too. In fact, one of my uncles left the Army about 3 years ago as a Colonel and he fought in Liberia too, and many theatres of war and he tells me how badly things get on the battle field and he could have died in Liberia, he fought for years there as a commander. He was wounded and carried off the battle field, fighting for this same Nigeria! Oh, the story of horror of how they were all abandoned, no healthcare, foreign treatment a problem until the managed to go and treat maybe some lucky ones in Egypt! He left the Army at that time as one of the higher-ups, his oga was having some issues with him, and he told me about it, that he would be living in about 2 years. I was not happy because he was a very good man, a christian, extremely generous, very easy going, not surprising being a christian and having been almost dead a few times! You naturally come to take life easy because you know you could have been dead, and not the easy kind of death where you are just in your bed, I mean the violently ugly ones. Why am I telling you this story? Well Boko Haram, something your dad must have told you about.

For months, I have suggested that any soldier and all soldiers in the NA should quit the army seeing how they are being set up for slaughter by this useless government! Please, do not be blindly patriotic but see my common sense! Do you know that in any war or battle, the opposition cannot continue the battle if you consistently achieve higher kill ratios of 10 to 1 or more, demoralize the enemy so badly, he loses the will to fight on and no human being or recruit will want to fight for your enemy because he sees the carnage and kill ratio. You know in some wars, some soldiers do not even make it past the first assault, heck even the landing of the soldiers, where they could be landing under heavy fire! I am sure you have seen a few war movies and read a few war books and we all know how modern armies fight, especially an army against a ragtag insurgency like BH! For N 5 Tr in the past 4 years, should soldiers not be kitted to the max, with unlimited supply of bullets, the best guns whose sound drives the fear of God even into inanimate objects, not to talk of a BH that should be outnumbered and outgunned? I ask: should a real army not have the resources to penetrate behind enemy lines and learn the enemies plans? Their movements? Their objectives? Decoys? By inserting undercover officers behind enemy lines, espionage, wire-tapping, etc? When NA arrives at a battle field, they should hardly be coming in hot because you expect the NAF to have straffed miles over miles of the hot zone, even before there are boots on the ground! Yet, when the NA arrives, they should be landing with superior, automated firepower with precise knowledge of where the remnants of the enemies are with one of objective capture or kill the enemy with a kill ratio of 100:1 or better! They should be able to call in airstrikes on demand, helicopter gunships that will closely support the offensive and hundreds of military doctors, nurses, intelligence analysts with multiple companies on standby and overwhelming numbers of soldiers at every time! But Nigeria's government has failed badly! Yet, they keep lying to Nigerians why better Nigerians like you dad (RIP) keep paying the ultimate sacrifice!

The worst of these all is Nigerians and their leaders will not learn from any tragedy! They will keep doing the same thing and asking God to come down and do their job or not allow something to happen when God himself is waiting for them to do it because he has given them everything needed and more to solve the problems! It is a shame and RIP to him.
madamoringo, so you want to use this guy's father's death to score cheap political points ba?? Na wah for you oh!!!
Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by biafransoul: 7:06pm On Aug 15, 2014
chucky234: He called me some weeks back and was complaining about the poor and inadequate amunition given to them, in Liberia and Sierra Leone was more than enough bullets for them to fight with but here they are given 30 to 60 bullets each day.
The current Commander in Chief, GEJ is not helping the nation, just 45 solidiers engaged 300 insurgents in a fiearce gun battle for 2 whole hours yet no land or air backup.
The soldiers fought till they ran out of bullets yet didnt run away but chose to die, this country is not worth dying for.

Don't despair, your father died a true patriot; a true warrior. Pls, disregard all the unpatriotic insinuations being propagated by some unpatriotic elements; and, I want you to always remember that he died for you and I to be alive in this perilous times. Your father died a hero and a hero he would always be. Respect!

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by EasternLeopard: 7:10pm On Aug 15, 2014
Ibnsultan: . What's with ur gragra attitude hw much is TAN/okupe paying u per post. I used to respect you. But you dragging a noble patriot into ur politics.

"If you are quick to believe people, they will easily fool you.

If you doubt people without evidence, you will lose a great opportunity"

SUCCESS TACTICS
Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by 4thsense: 7:12pm On Aug 15, 2014
chucky234: Generals are doing nothing to help the soldiers, FG asked the generals to pay the fighting soldiers N3000 daily but you wont believe they are been paid N500 daily.

But thinking out loud, instead of a man committing suicide like this, why can’t these military guys target the generals and blow up their heads during one of their drills?
Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by cool318(m): 7:17pm On Aug 15, 2014
RIP Great & Brave Soldier
You died an Avoidable death as a result of Fat Clueless Army Chiefs who decides to sacrifice Gallant SOLDIERS at the Altar of BH.
Their actions can be curbed only if a Soldier can take the bull by the horns & do the needful.
100 soldiers is more better to LIVE than few Greedy army chiefs.
We keep complaining & nothing is ever done.
IRAQI Rulers are resigning, Nigerians can never never Resign.
GREED & CORRUPTION in high places
Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by Nobody: 7:19pm On Aug 15, 2014
EL SALVO. 21 Gun salute. Will surely not bring him back. But makes us all remember that the fallen patriot stood by his oat. Till his last breath. Our condolence to your lost. Our Nation is at war. Our children,fathers are dying to defend it. Our responsibility to seek better standard of services for them. YOUR Dad. Esprit de corps choose the Noble profession. I call on my country men & women to sign Up. I call on Abuja to do the right thing
Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by Nobody: 7:20pm On Aug 15, 2014
EL SALVO. 21 Gun salute. Will surely not bring him back. But makes us all remember that the fallen patriot stood by his oat. Till his last breath. Our condolence to your lost. Our Nation is at war. Our children,fathers are dying to defend it. Our responsibility to seek better standard of services for them. YOUR Dad. Esprit de corps choose the Noble profession. I call on my country men & women to sign Up. I call on Abuja to do the right thing;
Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by asadike(f): 7:20pm On Aug 15, 2014
chucky234: My father who is one of the senior officers attached to the 3 Division of the special force in Damaturu who were ambushed of the 27th day of July.
The soldiers were attacked based on info supplied to them by moles in the army, they were surrounded but decided to fight and die galantly and put up a fierce fight with the insurgents for 2hrs until the were out of amunition and was shot by the insurgents who were more than three hundred in number.
My father gave up the ghost on the 30th of July due to multiple gunshots sustained, until his death he was one of the bravest and finest soldiers to have graced the Nigeria army.
He was due to retire in January 2015 but he chose to fight and die for his fatherland, the master of MPG and heavy weapons.
149 Battalion, 3 Division and the entire Nigeria Army has lost one of its bravest and fearless soldier.
He spent four years fighting in Liberia and three years in Sierra Leone as one of the Nigeria contigents to ECOMOG.
He also spent three years in Bakasi civil war, one year in Ivory Coast, three years in Bayelsa/Warri as part of the JTF to curb militants activities in the Niger Delta.
He spent two years in Borno/Yobe fighting the Boko Haram menace, he was giving a national burial along with other fallen heroes today in Bauchi state..
MAY HIS GENTLE SOUL REST IN PEACE.
Honey,i feel ur pains and i no wot u ar going tru but i want u 2 no dat ur dad was a very brave hero and he did nt die in vain. Pls take heart my dear and may his gallant soul rest in peace,amen.
Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by MrRoYCe(m): 7:35pm On Aug 15, 2014
whc is 30 multiply by 45
Is 1350 bullet

I rest my case

But come to think of it......45 trained soldier taking heavy fire can't be making straight head shot.
Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by Wallie(m): 7:39pm On Aug 15, 2014
whc is 30 multiply by 45
Is 1350 bullet

I rest my case

What makes you think the soldiers were shooting aimlessly? You think this is the movies? Even assuming argunedo that your assertion is right, there are 7200 seconds in 2 hours; how long do you think it takes for a single shot to be fired and how long would it take to exhaust all the bullets if they were fired serially? In your infinite wisdom, do you think soldiers pinned down should be firing one weapon at a time? In which direction should the single weapon be fired? Do you have any idea what the terrain looks like?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

see who Is Leading In The Presidential Campaign / Court Frees Ndume From Terrorism Charges / No Be Today Yoruba Begin Get Headache On Top Igbo Matter - Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.