Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,544 members, 7,808,997 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:50 PM

David Oyedepo Reportedly Barred From The UK – TODAY - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / David Oyedepo Reportedly Barred From The UK – TODAY (5075 Views)

Former First Lady,patience Jonathan Reportedly Barred From VIP Lounge Of Airport / Obi’s Faction Of APGA Barred From Party’s National Secretariat / Igbinedion Barred From Entering US - SaharaReporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

David Oyedepo Reportedly Barred From The UK – TODAY by akeem0502: 5:41pm On Aug 15, 2014
The founder of the Living Faith church, Pastor David Oyedepo has been barred from entering the United Kingdom, according to unconfirmed reports.

Oyedepo’s barring was communicated via an ‘Airline Alert’ on Saturday, 9 August, a source at Murtala Mohammed International Airport told ‘ThisisAfrica’.

The alert stated that any airline that acts against the ban will be fined £2000 (N542,000).

According to reports from Daily Mail,  an inquiry by the UK Charitable Commission accused the UK branch of Winners Chapel of cynically exploiting supporters.

The church reportedly received £16.7 million (N4.5 billion) in donations from followers who were told that God would give them riches in return’ and that ‘Followers are ferried in double-decker shuttle buses to the church, handed slips inviting them to make debit card payments, and are even told obeying the ministry’s teachings will make them immune from illness’.

David O. Oyedepo is reputed to be the richest pastor in Nigeria.

David Oyedepo reportedly barred from the UK – TODAY
http://www.today.ng/news/david-oyedepo-reportedly-barred-from-the-uk/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=david-oyedepo-reportedly-barred-from-the-uk

Re: David Oyedepo Reportedly Barred From The UK – TODAY by Nobody: 5:47pm On Aug 15, 2014
this op dey crase. ...my first post on nland...like if u feel me.

2 Likes

Re: David Oyedepo Reportedly Barred From The UK – TODAY by Seeeeeeee: 5:49pm On Aug 15, 2014
cry
Re: David Oyedepo Reportedly Barred From The UK – TODAY by tomakint: 5:55pm On Aug 15, 2014
.....now this is one scary sh1t undecided
Re: David Oyedepo Reportedly Barred From The UK – TODAY by slimfit1(m): 5:58pm On Aug 15, 2014
Ok baba oye no dey fly public plane now.
Re: David Oyedepo Reportedly Barred From The UK – TODAY by akeem0502: 6:03pm On Aug 15, 2014
slimfit1: Ok baba oye no the fly public plain now.
I thought so myself
Re: David Oyedepo Reportedly Barred From The UK – TODAY by Omexonomy: 6:12pm On Aug 15, 2014
"Unconfirmed report" fails to note that pa oyedepo dose not fly public jet
Re: David Oyedepo Reportedly Barred From The UK – TODAY by lakpalakpa: 6:29pm On Aug 15, 2014
Splendid!!

grin

1 Like

Re: David Oyedepo Reportedly Barred From The UK – TODAY by abdulwastecx(m): 6:32pm On Aug 15, 2014
scammers called pastors, using Nigeria social economic problem tio loot people. ..time to imposed 30% tax on churches in Nigeria

17 Likes

Re: David Oyedepo Reportedly Barred From The UK – TODAY by Nobody: 6:42pm On Aug 15, 2014
What about Jona? Now that Lesotho has stopped our game due to Ebola.

Jona pls intervene...

1 Like

Re: David Oyedepo Reportedly Barred From The UK – TODAY by kekakuz(m): 6:56pm On Aug 15, 2014
booked

1 Like

Re: David Oyedepo Reportedly Barred From The UK – TODAY by bankyblue(m): 7:05pm On Aug 15, 2014
I DEY COME I NO GO TAY
Re: David Oyedepo Reportedly Barred From The UK – TODAY by eaglechild: 7:07pm On Aug 15, 2014
Separation of church and state is practiced "religiously" in some climes.

And this gives them a totally different interpretation of what church "donations" mean.

In a case where it is not somehow ploughed back to charity, schools, hospitals or maintenance of clergy it raises a red flag.

6 Likes

Re: David Oyedepo Reportedly Barred From The UK – TODAY by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 7:30pm On Aug 15, 2014
No comment
Re: David Oyedepo Reportedly Barred From The UK – TODAY by corisande: 7:32pm On Aug 15, 2014
Hmmm
ok
Re: David Oyedepo Reportedly Barred From The UK – TODAY by 50calibre(m): 7:42pm On Aug 15, 2014
I applaud this news, it's a very sensible move by the home office.

This con man is running an international fraud network, swindling gullible people of their hard earned money in exchange of empty promises & mumbo jumbo miracles.

I have personally been handed one of those their nasty credit/debit card donation slips, I tore it into pieces with incredible speed.

Maybe the man is looking to acquire a new jet to add to his fleet and needs to raise funds, the UK was right to stop him in his track.

16 Likes

Re: David Oyedepo Reportedly Barred From The UK – TODAY by Tolexander: 7:44pm On Aug 15, 2014
The alert stated that any
airline that acts against the
ban will be fined £2000
(N542,000).
what if he used any of his private jets, would it be fined?
Re: David Oyedepo Reportedly Barred From The UK – TODAY by Nobody: 7:46pm On Aug 15, 2014
This is what a sane society does.

10 Likes

Re: David Oyedepo Reportedly Barred From The UK – TODAY by Jakumo(m): 7:50pm On Aug 15, 2014
50calibre: I applaud this news, it's a very sensible move by the home office.

This con man is running an international fraud network, swindling gullible people of their hard earned money in exchange of empty promises & mumbo jumbo miracles.

I have personally been handed one of those their nasty credit/debit card donation slips, I tore it into pieces with incredible speed.

Maybe the man is looking to acquire a new jet to add to his fleet and needs to raise funds, the UK was right to stop him in his track.

Phuck yeah. Hell yeah ! 50 Cal he DA MAN y'all. That muffuguh don't be half-steppin', and he momma dit'n raise no fools. Sho y'right !

1 Like

Re: David Oyedepo Reportedly Barred From The UK – TODAY by datguru: 7:50pm On Aug 15, 2014
Na wa oooo
Re: David Oyedepo Reportedly Barred From The UK – TODAY by mindurbiznes: 7:50pm On Aug 15, 2014
shocked
Re: David Oyedepo Reportedly Barred From The UK – TODAY by ibedun: 7:52pm On Aug 15, 2014
Awon oloriburuku pastors.

Everybody is a thief in the country called Nigeria,

2 Likes

Re: David Oyedepo Reportedly Barred From The UK – TODAY by stinggy(m): 8:20pm On Aug 15, 2014
That's a working government. Concerned about her peoples' welfare

3 Likes

Re: David Oyedepo Reportedly Barred From The UK – TODAY by Caseless: 8:28pm On Aug 15, 2014
A fraudster was barred and, that's simple and apt.

7 Likes

Re: David Oyedepo Reportedly Barred From The UK – TODAY by Nobody: 8:32pm On Aug 15, 2014
Jakumo:

Phuck yeah. Hell yeah ! 50 Cal he DA MAN y'all. That muffuguh don't be half-steppin', and he momma dit'n raise no fools. Sho y'right !
Guy,calm down o. Hope say EbOlA never penetrate into ur skin.

6 Likes

Re: David Oyedepo Reportedly Barred From The UK – TODAY by thewarrior72: 8:34pm On Aug 15, 2014
abdulwastecx: scammers called pastors, using Nigeria social economic problem tio loot people. ..time to imposed 30% tax on churches in Nigeria
Shut up aboki-smelly Muslim like u shouldn't talk when rational humans are talking, u belong to medieval stone age cult called Islam, smelly muhammed ars licker undecided undecided

5 Likes

Re: David Oyedepo Reportedly Barred From The UK – TODAY by manck: 8:38pm On Aug 15, 2014
grin

[size=18pt]may be fake story[/size]
Re: David Oyedepo Reportedly Barred From The UK – TODAY by Jakumo(m): 8:40pm On Aug 15, 2014
shegsky:
Guy,calm down o. Hope say EbOlA never penetrate into ur skin.

Ebola no fit, because I don tight live tortoise round my neck to protect me from all evil.
Re: David Oyedepo Reportedly Barred From The UK – TODAY by 50calibre(m): 8:43pm On Aug 15, 2014
Jakumo:

Looooool
Re: David Oyedepo Reportedly Barred From The UK – TODAY by Nobody: 8:47pm On Aug 15, 2014
Jakumo:

Ebola no fit, because I don tight live tortoise round my neck to protect me from all evil.
Chai, See as THE SON OF MAN tie EBOLA for body in the name of protection. Please, where ur own quarantine center dey. .

3 Likes

Re: David Oyedepo Reportedly Barred From The UK – TODAY by Jakumo(m): 8:49pm On Aug 15, 2014
shegsky:
Chai, See as THE SON OF MAN tie EBOLA for body in the name of protection. Please, where ur own quarantine center dey. .

Stand well my brother, and make you no fear. E get as e be.

1 Like

Re: David Oyedepo Reportedly Barred From The UK – TODAY by Pataki: 8:53pm On Aug 15, 2014
One of the best news I am hearing from the UK in a long long while!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Serious Riot In Aba, Police Kill 3, Scores Injured (happening Now) - Igbere Tv / Problem Brewing In Nigeria As Police Vows To Crush IPOB Million Man Match / Am Stronger Than God - Nnamdi Kanu Boast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.