Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,350 members, 7,808,220 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:59 AM

How Do You Defined GOD - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do You Defined GOD (1040 Views)

[picture] The 6th Commandment Is Inconclusive And Cannot Be Defined / The New Testament Prophets Defined. / God Defined; The Faith Is Electromagnetic Not Christianic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Defined GOD by ThaRuthlxx7: 6:13pm On Aug 15, 2014
with no religious string attached.. We believe the creator made us creatures. How then do u define God? To me.... God is a supreme being, who alone exit on himself and he is infinite in all perfections. Lets hears urssss...
Re: How Do You Defined GOD by Kay17: 7:24pm On Aug 15, 2014
Impossible to define God outside the context of religion. God breathes and lives through religion.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Defined GOD by Horus(m): 9:49pm On Aug 15, 2014
Stop and think one moment. The name God is not really in the bible. If this is not an English book written by Englishmen, it’s not there; it was added. You will also find that God, whether you have a big G, or little g, is not being used in the singular tense, as Eloh or Allah. The beings spoken of in the bible and Koran are the Elohim, the plural of Eloh.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Defined GOD by smartn09(m): 9:49pm On Aug 15, 2014
In one word God is ineffable, anything less may be somewhat inapt.
Re: How Do You Defined GOD by ThaRuthlxx7: 12:00am On Aug 16, 2014
Horus: Stop and think one moment. The name God is not really in the bible. If this is not an English book written by Englishmen, it’s not there; it was added. You will also find that God, whether you have a big G, or little g, is not being used in the singular tense, as Eloh or Allah. The beings spoken of in the bible and Koran are the Eloheem, the plural of Eloh.
how would u say God is not written in the bible??
Re: How Do You Defined GOD by basille(m): 12:48am On Aug 16, 2014
How do i define God?
God is an energy responsible for the universe and keeping all of its elements working together in harmony. It isn't anthropomorphic so it can't hear or answer prayers neither can it perform miracles or any other superstitions that delusional people do believe.

Who is God?
The air you breath, that's God. The cool evening breeze that roughens your hair? that's God. The heat from the sun that dries up your wet cloth? that's God. That cool morning dew that dampens the grass in your yard? that's God. The gravity at the center of the earth? that's God. The bright light from the moon that illuminates your room at night? that's God.

God is everywhere. God is simply just PURE ENERGY.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Defined GOD by Kay17: 8:24am On Aug 16, 2014
basille: How do i define God?
God is an energy responsible for the universe and keeping all of its elements working together in harmony. It isn't anthropomorphic so it can't hear or answer prayers neither can it perform miracles or any other superstitions that delusional people do believe.

Who is God?
The air you breath, that's God. The cool evening breeze that roughens your hair? that's God. The heat from the sun that dries up your wet cloth? that's God. That cool morning dew that dampens the grass in your yard? that's God. The gravity at the center of the earth? that's God. The bright light from the moon that illuminates your room at night? that's God.

Don't get your hopes too high cause the same energy is also responsible for some unfortunate natural disaster around the world. E.g Tsunami, Earthquakes and hurricanes.

There is one of the dangers of defining God outside the context of religion, because you would end up making redundancy of the word energy and you wouldn't make much sense.
Re: How Do You Defined GOD by TheBigUrban2: 8:37am On Aug 16, 2014
God is the meaningless meaning.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Defined GOD by Nobody: 9:16am On Aug 16, 2014
I go with the definition: God is the first Cause which causes all things (directly or indirectly) without itself being caused.
Re: How Do You Defined GOD by TheBigUrban2: 9:21am On Aug 16, 2014
striktlymi: I go with the definition: God is the first Cause which causes all things (directly or indirectly) without itself being caused.

grin

Beautiful nonsense. How can God not have a cause? If God can come from nothing then something can come from nothing

1 Like

Re: How Do You Defined GOD by Kay17: 9:25am On Aug 16, 2014
striktlymi: I go with the definition: God is the first Cause which causes all things (directly or indirectly) without itself being caused.

Do you realise the general premise the First Cause argument relies on? That there must be a cause for everything.
Re: How Do You Defined GOD by Nobody: 9:26am On Aug 16, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

grin

Beautiful nonsense. How can God not have a cause? If God can come from nothing then something can come from nothing

Do you even know the difference between "not having a cause" and "something coming from nothing"?
Re: How Do You Defined GOD by Nobody: 9:27am On Aug 16, 2014
Kay17:

Do you realise the general premise the First Cause argument relies on? That there must be a cause for everything.

Not true!
Re: How Do You Defined GOD by Kay17: 9:36am On Aug 16, 2014
So argue the First Cause and convince the heathens
Re: How Do You Defined GOD by TheBigUrban2: 9:40am On Aug 16, 2014
striktlymi:

Do you even know the difference between "not having a cause" and "something coming from nothing"?

If something doesnt have a cause, it came from nothing.......nothing caused it.
Re: How Do You Defined GOD by basille(m): 9:41am On Aug 16, 2014
Kay17:

There is one of the dangers of defining God outside the context of religion, because you would end up making redundancy of the word energy and you wouldn't make much sense.
This is one of the dangers of not understanding God outside the context of religion, because you would end up with only one inadequate definition of the word energy and thereby continue to exhibit ignorance.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Defined GOD by Nobody: 9:43am On Aug 16, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

If something doesnt have a cause, it came from nothing.......nothing caused it.

Obviously you don't understand the difference. If "nothing" caused "something" then your "something" has a cause.
Re: How Do You Defined GOD by TheBigUrban2: 9:46am On Aug 16, 2014
striktlymi:

Obviously you don't understand the difference. If "nothing" caused "something" then your "something" has a cause.

Stop playing ignorance.

Let us cut the story short

1. Does your God come from something else? No
2. Does your God have a cause? No

Your God comes from nothing if you accept 1 and 2
Re: How Do You Defined GOD by Nobody: 9:52am On Aug 16, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

Stop playing ignorance.

Let us cut the story short

1. Does your God come from something else? No
2. Does your God have a cause? No

Your God comes from nothing if you accept 1 and 2

What is "nothing"?
Re: How Do You Defined GOD by TheBigUrban2: 9:53am On Aug 16, 2014
striktlymi:

What is "nothing"?

angry angry

Nice deflection. mtchew
Re: How Do You Defined GOD by Kay17: 9:55am On Aug 16, 2014
basille:
This is one of the dangers of not understanding God outside the context of religion, because you would end up with only one inadequate definition of the word energy and thereby continue to exhibit ignorance.

So why use the word God? Cos God is not a simple word, it has its hidden meaning
Re: How Do You Defined GOD by Nobody: 10:15am On Aug 16, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

angry angry

Nice deflection. mtchew

You need to understand the statements you make in order to get you thinking, I believe there is a need to go back to the basics.

Again: "What is nothing?"
Re: How Do You Defined GOD by ThaRuthlxx7: 10:42am On Aug 16, 2014
GOD is the creator of heaven and the earths. Even the energy y'all talking about is still God... Without God no nairaland
Re: How Do You Defined GOD by ThaRuthlxx7: 10:43am On Aug 16, 2014
striktlymi:

You need to understand the statements you make in order to get you thinking, I believe there is a need to go back to the basics.

what hasn't exist in the world is nothing
Re: How Do You Defined GOD by TheBigUrban2: 10:53am On Aug 16, 2014
striktlymi:

An empty vacuum, according to science (which is still something by the way)

An absence of anything and everything, according to philosophy
Re: How Do You Defined GOD by Horus(m): 12:17pm On Aug 16, 2014
ThaRuthlxx7: how would u say God is not written in the bible??

Please re-read my post. Was english used 2000 years ago?. You are reading a translation
Re: How Do You Defined GOD by Nobody: 12:25pm On Aug 16, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

An empty vacuum, according to science (which is still something by the way)

An absence of anything and everything, according to philosophy

Hope you now see that whatever comes from nothing already is caused?
Re: How Do You Defined GOD by basille(m): 1:07pm On Aug 16, 2014
Kay17:

So why use the word God?
Let me remind you the topic of the thread again? "How do you define God"
Cos God is not a simple word, it has its hidden meaning
Different meanings you mean? I'm not disputing that the word "God" has different or hidden meaning (to different people) that is why i gave mine in my previous post.
God is Energy to my understanding.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Defined GOD by basille(m): 1:12pm On Aug 16, 2014
ThaRuthlxx7: GOD is the creator of heaven and the earths. Even the energy y'all talking about is still God... Without God no nairaland
Energy is responsible for the heavens and earth. Even the God you talk about is still Energy. Without Energy "no nairaland" is just the tip of the iceberg.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Defined GOD by TheBigUrban2: 1:48pm On Aug 16, 2014
striktlymi:

Hope you now see that whatever comes from nothing already is caused?

You are irrational. goodbye

1 Like

Re: How Do You Defined GOD by macof(m): 2:35pm On Aug 16, 2014
basille: How do i define God?

Who is God?

Don't get your hopes too high cause the same energy is also responsible for some unfortunate natural disaster around the world. E.g Tsunami, Earthquakes and hurricanes.

Beautiful!
To add:

no certain "God" exists, be it Jehovah, Obatala or Zeus..these are only human concepts of their understanding of the universe.

So when youtalk of god- the creator, we aren't talking of some being in the sky that had a human son in Jerusalem, or an old man living on the highest mountain.

There's simply that one body - one body that constitutes all in existence, from the wind to trees, humans to animals, planets to the stars and all space. in short words the entire universe is God itself...you won't find any heaven anywhere in space..unless God is an alien grin

what I mean here is that Energy is the only thing that matters, as matter itself is only condensed energy.
This creator doesn't hear, speak or move around(it's already everywhere anyway) but is conscious that is being proactive, reactive and active

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Did God's Law Authorize Revenge? / Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines? Are We Not Heading Towards One Heaven? / Pastor Tb Joshua Refuses To Tell Goodluck Jonathan Who Wins 2015 Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.