Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,867 members, 7,798,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:51 AM

Peter Obi Resignes From APGA BOT - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Resignes From APGA BOT (23716 Views)

Jonathan Reconciles Gov. Obiano And Peter Obi (pix) / Peter Obi Resignes From APGA!! / Peter Obi And The Limits Of Propaganda (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peter Obi Resignes From APGA BOT by Aussie(m): 6:46pm On Aug 15, 2014
A tweet from one of the most reliable news blogs, Nigeria Newsdesk, says Peter Obi has resigned his position as the chairman of APGA BOT.

Source: @nigerianewsdesk

By Vincent Ujumadu, Awka
The former governor of Anambra State, Mr. peter obi has tendered his resignation letter as leader of the All Progressives Grand Alliance, apga, and the chairman of the party’s Board of Trustees, BoT.

In a letter addressed to the National Secretary of the party and submitted in the party’s Abuja office yesterday, obi said he was resigning as leader and BoT chairman into which he was appointed in January

According to him, the appointment was yet to be ratified by a Convention of the party as stipulated by the constitution several months after it was made.

obi also cited family and personal reasons, but did not give details.

He however wished the party well in her future endeavours, reiterating the fact that he remains an ordinary apga member.

The former Governor was recently denied appointment as a minister by President Goodluck Jonathan because he allegedly refused to defect from apga to the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

obi’s media aide, Mr. Valentine Obienyem confirmed the development yesterday.

His words: “ If you recall, my boss was nominated the leader of the party and the chairman, Board of Trustees in January.

“The nomination was yet to be ratified by a Convention of the party at the time he submitted his letter of resignation.

“Since the convention will take place next year, people have found it convenient to blame him for the woes of the party, saying that he had failed to intervene on matters affecting the party, not knowing that without ratification of his nomination, he had no platform under which to intervene. Obienyem said that his boss remained an apga member, and would continue to support the party at all times.

Only recently, four members of the party in the House of Representatives resigned their membership and declared for the PDP.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/08/obi-resigns-apga-bot-chairman/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Re: Peter Obi Resignes From APGA BOT by eaglechild: 6:50pm On Aug 15, 2014
TWEET ko BARK ni

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Resignes From APGA BOT by Aussie(m): 7:09pm On Aug 15, 2014
Take it or leave it.
Re: Peter Obi Resignes From APGA BOT by afreekah: 4:17am On Aug 16, 2014
Can someone remind me of their full meaning and logo ? Is anything like that exists

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Resignes From APGA BOT by Kayraph(m): 4:18am On Aug 16, 2014
Is APGA still existing? I only know two parties in Nigeria; PDP and APC...

23 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Resignes From APGA BOT by futajallon: 4:20am On Aug 16, 2014
good for him
Re: Peter Obi Resignes From APGA BOT by emmiedu(m): 4:21am On Aug 16, 2014
Aussie: A tweet from one of the most reliable news blogs, Nigeria Newsdesk, says Peter Obi has resigned his position as the chairman of APGA BOT.

Naija and polictics, we too much!

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/08/obi-resigns-apga-bot-chairman/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Re: Peter Obi Resignes From APGA BOT by olabobo30(m): 4:21am On Aug 16, 2014
And then??

7 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Resignes From APGA BOT by donigspain(m): 4:22am On Aug 16, 2014
[size=20pt]Use and Dump![/size]

He already made it clear that he is quitting politics immediately his tenure elapses... I think he stood by his words!

19 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Resignes From APGA BOT by strangest(m): 4:22am On Aug 16, 2014
Life goes on
2PAC
Re: Peter Obi Resignes From APGA BOT by Coolboi05(m): 4:23am On Aug 16, 2014
Showing dia real identity one by one...
Re: Peter Obi Resignes From APGA BOT by bropeee(m): 4:23am On Aug 16, 2014
APGA is dead, burial is what remains.

6 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Resignes From APGA BOT by 2fine2fast(m): 4:24am On Aug 16, 2014
APGA IS DEAD BUT ITS MANHOOD LIVES ON cheesy

29 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Resignes From APGA BOT by Nobody: 4:24am On Aug 16, 2014
The plastic - faced Obiano will be destroyed by Victor Umeh and ... What is it about him drinking champagne instead of alcohol?

Obi has paid his dues and need to think about his future. He might come in as SGF after 2015. To qualify for the office, he must be in the PDP.

6 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Resignes From APGA BOT by Trustgt(m): 4:25am On Aug 16, 2014
Peter Obi does not have the charisma to lead a party, it is easier to govern a state than to lead a group of unruly and greedy politicians. Squre peg in a round hole.

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Resignes From APGA BOT by Onlinebizexpert(m): 4:29am On Aug 16, 2014
God save us from ebola

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Resignes From APGA BOT by Luvdmx(m): 4:31am On Aug 16, 2014
lipsrsealed

9 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Resignes From APGA BOT by LMAyedun(m): 4:31am On Aug 16, 2014
These guyz are tryna make Ojukwu's Legacy/party go extinct just few years after him....

Politics is truly a game of benefit.
PDP next in line for peter Obi.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Resignes From APGA BOT by PHfinest(m): 4:32am On Aug 16, 2014
Aussie: A tweet from one of the most reliable news blogs, Nigeria Newsdesk, says Peter Obi has resigned his position as the chairman of APGA BOT.

He however wished the party well in her future endeavours, reiterating the fact that he remains an ordinary apga member.

OP abi Moderator, please modify topic to avoid misleading and misinforming the public!

ASAP

9 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Resignes From APGA BOT by lilyafaten: 4:32am On Aug 16, 2014
Niga politics with Funny politicians!!! This sounds funny, I can't remember the last time I heard about this political party.
Re: Peter Obi Resignes From APGA BOT by satowind(m): 4:36am On Aug 16, 2014
Maka y. He can't seriously wana keep his words of resigning from politics because he still hv a lot of potentials to offer nigerians especially @ aso rock come 2019...
Re: Peter Obi Resignes From APGA BOT by Bishop4bella(m): 4:38am On Aug 16, 2014
APC at work again
Re: Peter Obi Resignes From APGA BOT by prophetone(m): 4:39am On Aug 16, 2014
What sin did Obiano commit that is flinging APGA onto it's path of demise? Until the SE eat the humble pie and abandon their politics of exclusion, they will continue to suffer the consequences of political irrelevance. No party is going to try to integrate anyone who is filled with contempt about that party.

6 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Resignes From APGA BOT by likethat(m): 4:42am On Aug 16, 2014
Rest in Peace APGA. A party without dream, vision or mission. Unknowing to many Igbo. The party was formed by Hausa man (Alhaji Shinkafi), Ojukwu hijacked it. Peter Obi killed it. Adieu APGA. Unknownly to Ojukwu, the party was put on auto pilot by Shinkafi to mislead Igbos. My Igbo brothers and sisters wake up oooooo.

5 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Resignes From APGA BOT by Nobody: 4:45am On Aug 16, 2014
The Politricks in politics.

Wish him well in his next political journey and pray he leads the Masses well.

Re: Peter Obi Resignes From APGA BOT by OkikiOluwa1(m): 4:47am On Aug 16, 2014
K
Re: Peter Obi Resignes From APGA BOT by melvin0004(m): 4:52am On Aug 16, 2014
likethat: Rest in Peace APGA. A party without dream, vision or mission. Unknowing to many Igbo. The party was formed by Hausa man (Alhaji Shinkafi), Ojukwu hijacked it. Peter Obi killed it. Adieu APGA. Unknownly to Ojukwu, the party was put on auto pilot by Shinkafi to mislead Igbos. My Igbo brothers and sisters wake up oooooo.
like seriously wot on earth is d dude saying.I think u are high on coke cheesy
likethat: Rest in Peace APGA. A party without dream, vision or mission. Unknowing to many Igbo. The party was formed by Hausa man (Alhaji Shinkafi), Ojukwu hijacked it. Peter Obi killed it. Adieu APGA. Unknownly to Ojukwu, the party was put on auto pilot by Shinkafi to mislead Igbos. My Igbo brothers and sisters wake up oooooo.
like seriously wot on earth is dis dude saying.I think u are high on coke

9 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Resignes From APGA BOT by padeolu: 4:55am On Aug 16, 2014
APGA is a one state party with no representation at the federal level, so this shouldn't be news at all.
Re: Peter Obi Resignes From APGA BOT by satowind(m): 4:55am On Aug 16, 2014
Ops deceiving gullible nigerians since 1800

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Resignes From APGA BOT by bunmioguns(m): 5:08am On Aug 16, 2014
Political Prostitute... embarassed

See wetin one Eediot send me early morning .. If you get extra amount, help me bombard am with calls... Together we can stop these f00ls in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Resignes From APGA BOT by nerodenero: 5:27am On Aug 16, 2014
Finally,Adaobi decides.People Deceiving People(PDP)'s offer too sweet to overlook.Ashewo politicians.
Re: Peter Obi Resignes From APGA BOT by gameboi: 5:37am On Aug 16, 2014

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tinubu, Nigeria Is Sinking And Streets Are Full Of Tears- Kperogi / Buhari Enjoys ‘cult-like’ Followership; Ekweremadu, PDP Govs Supporting Him – BM / I Won’t Speak About Osinbajo In Public – Tunde Bakare

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.