Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,398 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:26 AM

Fire At Aleshinloye Market In Ibadan (Pictures) - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Fire At Aleshinloye Market In Ibadan (Pictures) (34864 Views)

Fire Outbreak At Singa Market In Kano (Photos) / The Burning Of The Demolished Oshodi Market In Lagos State Nigeria - Photos / [photo] Westminister Market In Apapa On Fire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fire At Aleshinloye Market In Ibadan (Pictures) by KolaShangOne(m): 3:41pm On Aug 16, 2014
missyhorlah: its the igbos that sells clothes close to the carpark that caused it .

You shouldn't tribalize issues. Its not what is needed at this time. Anyone irrespective of ethnicity could have caused the fire.

1 Like

Re: Fire At Aleshinloye Market In Ibadan (Pictures) by Nobody: 3:45pm On Aug 16, 2014
Some igbos here are happy and saying chi,t! U forgot that huge number of Ibos are also trading in the market.

5 Likes

Re: Fire At Aleshinloye Market In Ibadan (Pictures) by aljharem(m): 3:49pm On Aug 16, 2014
Millions gone cry

I pray God comfort those that lost their goods.

It is not easy .

1 Like

Re: Fire At Aleshinloye Market In Ibadan (Pictures) by Nobody: 3:52pm On Aug 16, 2014
mascot87: I am HIGHLY disappointed in our easter folks. They heard the name of the market & immediately started jubilating, rejoicing & they feel so ecstatic even to d extent of tribalising d whole thing only to find out that more than 60% of those involved are igbo people. Shame, shame, shame.
MsNas: Igbo people. Why are you like this? I don't know where you hot this "WRECK IT RALPH" attitude of yours. Is it Nigeria that caused it? Cos most of my friends here are Igbos and they don't display the sheer and disgusting tribalism you people display on here.
You heard a market in Ibadan got burnt and you went into celebration mode straight. You never stopped to think that as a tribe filled with people with entrepreneur spirit, your people will definitely be affected? Smh. The car park area that burnt was filled with Igbos. Almost 80% of them. Selling Shoes. Bags, Curtain material, Baby Stuffs. Its been ages since I was there so I definitely know that place would have gotten bigger. Now is it Yorubas or Igbos that deserve to cry now?
Why must we even tribalise? Are we not all humans? Go and talk all those Igbo-Yoruba shyt in the ears of all those you lost millions in that fire and see of they won't stab y'all mercilessly. Awon Were.
Oh please stop this nonsense and face the burning building. You don't go attacking the Igbo for a comment made by some crazy animals who might not even be Igbo. Not every comment that seem anti Yoruba here is made by an Igbo you know, even if that's the case you ain't innocent yourselves are you?
It's a shame that public buildings in Nigeria get burnt due to even preventable causes, we really need to be careful.

2 Likes

Re: Fire At Aleshinloye Market In Ibadan (Pictures) by MsNas(f): 3:57pm On Aug 16, 2014
APContherun:
Oh please stop this nonsense and face the burning building. You don't go attacking the Igbo for a comment made by some crazy animals who might not even be Igbo. Not every comment that seem anti Yoruba here is made by an Igbo you know, even if that's the case you ain't innocent yourselves are you?
It's a shame that public buildings in Nigeria get burnt due to even preventable causes, we really need to be careful.
Why are you quoting me? Cos I made my opinion known? You really need to stop. To the question you asked if I was innocent if tribal bashing? Answer is yes, I am. My posts on here are public enough, go through them if you have enough time on your hands. Rubbish.

Did you just join NL? 70% of anti-Yoruba hate speech is made by Igbos. So what the heck are you talking about? Please, mind yourself.

8 Likes

Re: Fire At Aleshinloye Market In Ibadan (Pictures) by Alayotech(m): 3:57pm On Aug 16, 2014
Nice post! Keep it up see more @ http://www.naijaenvoy.com  and http://www.cliqloaded.com
Re: Fire At Aleshinloye Market In Ibadan (Pictures) by aljharem(m): 4:11pm On Aug 16, 2014
^^^^^

I don't think anyone so be focusing on tribal slur when people are moaning

1 Like

Re: Fire At Aleshinloye Market In Ibadan (Pictures) by IYANGBALI: 4:18pm On Aug 16, 2014
iiichidodo: What is Aleshinloye??
it is the name of Ibadan state governor

3 Likes

Re: Fire At Aleshinloye Market In Ibadan (Pictures) by IYANGBALI: 4:24pm On Aug 16, 2014
rahazaqa: Some igbos here are happy and saying chi,t! U forgot that huge number of Ibos are also trading in the market.
na sheoma,she she,shejoke,shukwudi,chairamaka,nwa-obo-do and okoro full the market,na dem losss pass

4 Likes

Re: Fire At Aleshinloye Market In Ibadan (Pictures) by IYANGBALI: 4:27pm On Aug 16, 2014
Rufex07: Which part of the country please?
sambisa forest

3 Likes

Re: Fire At Aleshinloye Market In Ibadan (Pictures) by IYANGBALI: 4:30pm On Aug 16, 2014
Adesiji77: I hope this is not true!
I have googled it,google said its a lie
Re: Fire At Aleshinloye Market In Ibadan (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:42pm On Aug 16, 2014
I wonder wat caused this terrible outbreak. So sad.
Re: Fire At Aleshinloye Market In Ibadan (Pictures) by RebelLeader15(m): 4:43pm On Aug 16, 2014
Oga oooo

Na every year this market they burn oooo!

Ibadan people, Diaris hell oooo
Re: Fire At Aleshinloye Market In Ibadan (Pictures) by KingAdeOluomo1(m): 4:43pm On Aug 16, 2014
eaglechild: That is sad
We really have to find a way to start making our markets fire proof.
open filled market not a shop ooo
Re: Fire At Aleshinloye Market In Ibadan (Pictures) by Drdreluv: 5:15pm On Aug 16, 2014
Ɣ☺u see........i was at this mkt to tell this women to save with us @ fbn and to take our insurance policy on monday 11. 08. 2014 .......and there all respond like .....Nothing can haPpen...God is our insurance....A̶̲̥̅♏ not intested.....Make una save for raini Days, secure Ɣ☺ΰr property and investment,secure Ɣ☺ΰr child education.my people in ibadan
Re: Fire At Aleshinloye Market In Ibadan (Pictures) by OdenigboAroli(m): 5:58pm On Aug 16, 2014
This is heartbreaking!
Nigeria and their shacks in the name of market.
No adequate planning and safety apparatus in place.
Fire fighters probably dont have water,fuel or maybe their truck is broken.
Or maybe there is traffic and the fire trucks couldn't get by.
Sorry aa.ss country!

1 Like

Re: Fire At Aleshinloye Market In Ibadan (Pictures) by gbaskiboy: 6:06pm On Aug 16, 2014
Rufex07: Which part of the country please?
grin
Re: Fire At Aleshinloye Market In Ibadan (Pictures) by spiralwedge(m): 6:16pm On Aug 16, 2014
that market is always on fire. why?
Re: Fire At Aleshinloye Market In Ibadan (Pictures) by Ninilowo(m): 6:50pm On Aug 16, 2014
suwailad: is that the name of a public toilet?
grin
Re: Fire At Aleshinloye Market In Ibadan (Pictures) by rodeo0070(m): 7:24pm On Aug 16, 2014
What is wrong with you? People just lost their source of income overnight and you are making jest of the situation?!
@Django1 sorry for your loss. Something better will come your way...
It was a pathetic sight...

2 Likes

Re: Fire At Aleshinloye Market In Ibadan (Pictures) by fapcrook(m): 7:45pm On Aug 16, 2014
xynerise:
Is this Market in Lagos?
no its in Ibadan, d capital of Oyo state
Re: Fire At Aleshinloye Market In Ibadan (Pictures) by Gbawe: 8:01pm On Aug 16, 2014
mascot87: I am HIGHLY disappointed in our eastern folks. They heard the name of the market & immediately started jubilating, rejoicing & they feel so ecstatic even to d extent of tribalising d whole thing only to find out that more than 60% of those involved are igbo people. Shame, shame, shame.

rahazaqa: Some igbos here are happy and saying chi,t! U forgot that huge number of Ibos are also trading in the market.

It looks as if they have started believing their own lies that Igbos are only in Lagos and nowhere else in the SW. Personally, I hope these ethnic jingoists, as someone suggested earlier, can be 'quarantined' so that a modicum of sanity can return to Nairaland. This is the politics forum yet everything is now bogged down by bigotry and picture-spamming idiocy. this is why intelligent and interesting posters have left and are staying away.

@Post. Tragic event for shop owners and traders who have suffered losses. Django, hope no one died or was seriously hurt?

5 Likes

Re: Fire At Aleshinloye Market In Ibadan (Pictures) by felifeli: 8:03pm On Aug 16, 2014
I smell another plan by Tinubu & Partners UnLimited to bulldoze the market and replace it with a mega shopping center like they did at Tejuosho grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Fire At Aleshinloye Market In Ibadan (Pictures) by nobilie: 8:18pm On Aug 16, 2014
Hmmm, only God knows how the fire started. The next thing that will happen is state govt collecting millions from traders for outright purchase of shops/suits or lease/rent.(Tejuoso market things).

If you own a shop in the burnt market, take heart and think of how you can bounce back.
Re: Fire At Aleshinloye Market In Ibadan (Pictures) by Davland(m): 8:23pm On Aug 16, 2014
But there is a Fire station located in d market ;(

abi dey went to vigil ni?
Re: Fire At Aleshinloye Market In Ibadan (Pictures) by felifeli: 8:25pm On Aug 16, 2014
Gbawe:

It looks as if they have started believing their own lies that Igbos are only in Lagos and nowhere else in the SW. Personally, I hope these ethnic jingoists, as someone suggested earlier, can be 'quarantined' so that a modicum of sanity can return to Nairaland. This is the politics forum yet everything is now bogged down by bigotry and picture-spamming idiocy. this is why intelligent and interesting posters have left and are staying away.

@Post. Tragic event for shop owners and traders who have suffered losses. Django, hope no one died or was seriously hurt?

Very serious problem indeed. Our brothers only need to hear 'market' and they instantly have er.ection. Igbo people wetin na ? grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Fire At Aleshinloye Market In Ibadan (Pictures) by felifeli: 9:00pm On Aug 16, 2014
Davland: But there is a Fire station located in d market ;(

abi dey went to vigil ni?

Askor , lobito grin grin

1 Like

Re: Fire At Aleshinloye Market In Ibadan (Pictures) by Nobody: 9:23pm On Aug 16, 2014
MsNas:
Why are you quoting me? Cos I made my opinion known? You really need to stop. To the question you asked if I was innocent if tribal bashing? Answer is yes, I am. My posts on here are public enough, go through them if you have enough time on your hands. Rubbish.

Did you just join NL? 70% of anti-Yoruba hate speech is made by Igbos. So what the heck are you talking about? Please, mind yourself.
And who makes 90% of anti-Igbo hate speech on nairaland Ashantis I guess? You Yoruba are as guilty as the few Igbo for whom you insult a whole nation, so mind yourself and don't talk thrash.
Anyway I used the word "you" in the plural sense and not singular so stop hyperventilating.
Re: Fire At Aleshinloye Market In Ibadan (Pictures) by Nobody: 9:38pm On Aug 16, 2014
rodeo0070:
What is wrong with you? People just lost their source of income overnight and you are making jest of the situation?!
@Django1 so for your loss. Something better will come your way...
It was a pathetic sight...
Thanks
Re: Fire At Aleshinloye Market In Ibadan (Pictures) by Nobody: 9:42pm On Aug 16, 2014
Gbawe:

No one was hurt by the fire itself but a lot of people fainted when they saw the destruction.

The government has blamed it on power surge but the thing is there is a rule that no one should leave appliances on in the market but I guess some people can't just keep to it.
Re: Fire At Aleshinloye Market In Ibadan (Pictures) by tutaboi(m): 9:47pm On Aug 16, 2014
xynerise:
A great loss I presume. Some foolish Igbos(I am an Igbo man) have already tribalized the incident. Smh
Are you normal??
Re: Fire At Aleshinloye Market In Ibadan (Pictures) by Nobody: 10:03pm On Aug 16, 2014
its located in ibadan,close to dugbe;where sss resides in ibadan...its a market though

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Unending Delays On Shipments With Grimaldi / Naira Redesign: Grains Prices Crash Days After Record Surge / Dangote Commences Pre-testing Of $2bn Fertilizer Plant Ahead Of Inauguration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.