Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,690 members, 7,801,998 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:38 AM

My 16 Months Son Cant Eat But Prefer Tea - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My 16 Months Son Cant Eat But Prefer Tea (4359 Views)

16 Months Jail Term For Breaking Into ATM & Stealing N6.8m / Am Giving Away My 16 Years Old Daughter's Hand In Marriage / Precious, Miracle Birth - 8 Babies In A Space Of 16 Months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My 16 Months Son Cant Eat But Prefer Tea by Schelube(m): 9:57pm On Aug 15, 2014
We have tried all possible options. My wife did exclusive breast feeding for 1 year and he is our 1st child.eating after den is always difficult. U can't force him either.We have even tried holding both hands and legs with nose close,still no way.he prefer tea 247.All d time he will b shouting Tea tea.He is growing teller and teething.A family friend recommended complan milk.Anyone with info on complan milk cos he is loosing weight.We have learnt a big lesson.No more EXCLUSIVE in our house henceforth
Re: My 16 Months Son Cant Eat But Prefer Tea by nat138: 10:08pm On Aug 15, 2014
Is complan suitable for babies/toddlers? I am not very sure. You might want to check that out before you go ahead with it.
What kinds of food have you tried? You and wify will have to try everything triable o; mashed potatoes, mashed rice, fish stew, custard, pap (I hate pap being given to babies, but now there is no choice), pureed fruits, cerelac (other baby cereal), tombrown, in fact there are too many varieties. There will definitely be something he will like. You can't give up, keep trying any and everything you can lay your hands on food wise. It will cost you money but will be worth it in the long run. Fussy babies are a great test of your patience and long suffering.
Re: My 16 Months Son Cant Eat But Prefer Tea by ibizgirl(f): 11:54pm On Aug 15, 2014
While trying to get him to eat some thing else give him lots of tea. My 5 year old takes tea 24/7. He eats every other meal sparingly under duress. He is not chubby but looks health. Beverage with lots of milk no sugar/little sugar.

Try fried foods, fried plaintain, sweet potatoes and ketch up, if possible make smoothes (blend different fruits- like banana, pawpaw, apple and oranges together). Like nat said keep trying, you will find something he loves.
Re: My 16 Months Son Cant Eat But Prefer Tea by Nobody: 12:01am On Aug 16, 2014
Your son is probably a picky eater,nothing wrong with giving him tea,as long as it's prepared hygienically,till my first daughter was 3,all she preferred was tea,ribenna and caprisonne

I also did exclusive for a year for her,maybe that's why. ..but please don't force him to eat,try to look for his interest in food,boiled eggs,beef/chicken/fish,babies never resist these...

Also to feel at ease,speak with a paediatrician, when I was worried,that was what I did,and I got the assurance that it's normal...exclusive breastfeeding does have it's disadvantages. ..not as much as it's benefits anyway.

I think complan is suitable from age 3 upwards. ..

1 Like

Re: My 16 Months Son Cant Eat But Prefer Tea by jumzzy448: 12:04am On Aug 16, 2014
my kids take tea and biscuit 24/7. the only time they eat food is when i pack their lunch to school. i guess seeing other kids eat their food makes them eat theirs. once they are back home, they resume their meal again.

since your son prefers tea alone, keep on giving him while trying other foods. please no sugar in his tea oo
Re: My 16 Months Son Cant Eat But Prefer Tea by Nobody: 12:51am On Aug 16, 2014
You tried strangling his movements and breathing just to feed him? Goodlord. Sir, I don't know much, but what you did was very risky and dangerous. Please, biko, don't think of that again.

Keep feeding him tea with no sugar whatsoever while still trying out other alternatives. Go for less sugary foods like Irish potato, fish, pap, plantain and milk - plenty good milk.

You also need to be very patient as it will take time and energy in trying all this. All the best.

1 Like

Re: My 16 Months Son Cant Eat But Prefer Tea by thunderrider: 10:42am On Aug 16, 2014
Ceasar1: You tried strangling his movements and breathing just to feed him? Goodlord. Sir, I don't know much, but what you did was very risky and dangerous. Please, biko, don't think of that again.

Keep feeding him tea with no sugar whatsoever while still trying out other alternatives. Go for less sugary foods like Irish potato, fish, pap, plantain and milk - plenty good milk.

You also need to be very patient as it will take time and energy in trying all this. All the best.

I would say it is not too late

always ensure he is with you whenever you are eating

give him one or too spoon of your food

and gradually he will come to appreciate the taste

he is getting used to sugar if i might say even if you don't add it

to his tea, most beverages already has a lot of sugar in it

so the key word is patience and perseverance

always ensure you give him out of your meals

and for now please avoid giving him spicy (pepper) as this might discourage him.

ALL THE BEST

1 Like

Re: My 16 Months Son Cant Eat But Prefer Tea by SAMBARRY: 10:47am On Aug 16, 2014
Lol give him what he wants na.why force the boy. You go happy if them force you to eat what you don't like? Big boy ni jare grin
Re: My 16 Months Son Cant Eat But Prefer Tea by beeevan: 12:12pm On Aug 16, 2014
Exclusive is meant for 0-6 months not 0-1yr, you weir just starving the baby, he is used to it. Try the alternatives mentioned.

3 Likes

Re: My 16 Months Son Cant Eat But Prefer Tea by Nobody: 2:11pm On Aug 16, 2014
1 yr exclusive .? Wow.
Anyway,

I suggest you cut his own food for him. Put in a plate, let him play with it while you eat yours and also try to put some in his mouth .
It's a gradual process. So you require patience to see the result.
Make spaghetti, carrot, green bean,eggs, rive, potato etc. Let him select and eat what he wants. The rest you throw away before giving him his tea.

Keep doing this , non stop for one month you see improvement .

In addition, you can also add cereal in his tea bottle. Start very light, then increase the consistency.
I can't imagine only tea. How does your wife sleep at night. This one na waking up every 2 hrs.
Kpele.

Next baby, START throwing food in his mouth by age 6 months.
Re: My 16 Months Son Cant Eat But Prefer Tea by bennyrazz: 2:53pm On Aug 16, 2014
@Op, kindly tell your wife to keep breastfeeding the little boy or are you jealous?
Re: My 16 Months Son Cant Eat But Prefer Tea by rolled: 4:45pm On Aug 16, 2014
Keep breastfeeding a 16 month old?
Which milk dey again?
bennyrazz: @Op, kindly tell your wife to keep breastfeeding the little boy or are you jealous?
Re: My 16 Months Son Cant Eat But Prefer Tea by bennyrazz: 7:13pm On Aug 16, 2014
rolled: Keep breastfeeding a 16 month old?
Which milk dey again?
some women breastfeed their babies for 2years
Re: My 16 Months Son Cant Eat But Prefer Tea by egopersonified(f): 8:51pm On Aug 16, 2014
Haba op, exclusive for one year? Thatz too much, how did your wife cope? Pls, next baby, stop at 6 months. The baby is already used to taking just liquids, just keep giving him every food you eat and try making cereals for him but they should be 'watery' or soft.
Re: My 16 Months Son Cant Eat But Prefer Tea by Schelube(m): 7:22am On Aug 17, 2014
Thank you all for giving me tips to follow. We observed that he is a picky eater. Gave him rice with stew,he only ate one baby spoon and started crying.I gave him only white rice without stew,he turned it upside down & started picking grains 1 at a time.tried fish, he finish it.some1 introduce Cow & Gate milk instead of complan milk.He is really enjoying d milk but I will go broke cos of d rate he takes d milk.fried Irish potato work 2 but Egg didn't.he is not a fan of noodles. Still observing and trying for now.
Re: My 16 Months Son Cant Eat But Prefer Tea by MzJackBaueress(f): 7:32am On Aug 17, 2014
One year exclusive breastfeeding? That's too bad! That is just the reason he prefer liquids. It will be very difficult for him to be used to solid foods. I guess with more time,he will stop taking tea all the time.

Please when next you have another baby. 6months is ok for exclusive breastfeeding.
Re: My 16 Months Son Cant Eat But Prefer Tea by ibizgirl(f): 9:49am On Aug 17, 2014
That's the spirit, no 2 kids are the same. You keep trying different things until you find what works best for him.

Schelube: Thank you all for giving me tips to follow. We observed that he is a picky eater. Gave him rice with stew,he only ate one baby spoon and started crying.I gave him only white rice without stew,he turned it upside down & started picking grains 1 at a time.tried fish, he finish it.some1 introduce Cow & Gate milk instead of complan milk.He is really enjoying d milk but I will go broke cos of d rate he takes d milk.fried Irish potato work 2 but Egg didn't.he is not a fan of noodles. Still observing and trying for now.
Re: My 16 Months Son Cant Eat But Prefer Tea by IFELEKE(m): 11:30am On Aug 17, 2014
Schelube: We have tried all possible options. My wife did exclusive breast feeding for 1 year and he is our 1st child.eating after den is always difficult. U can't force him either.We have even tried holding both hands and legs with nose close,still no way.he prefer tea 247.All d time he will b shouting Tea tea.He is growing teller and teething.A family friend recommended complan milk.Anyone with info on complan milk cos he is loosing weight.We have learnt a big lesson.No more EXCLUSIVE in our house henceforth
Waow...man, your wife try o! exclusive for one year?
Please try introduce natural supplements to the tea thing, you can try amala and ewedu, garnish the ewedu with dried fish and cray fish do not put pepper.You can also try adding cereal to the tea as advised by someone earlier or you go for Ogi(Pap)mixed with milk or tea.
Pele.

Schelube: Thank you all for giving me tips to follow. We observed that he is a picky eater. Gave him rice with stew,he only ate one baby spoon and started crying.I gave him only white rice without stew,he turned it upside down & started picking grains 1 at a time.tried fish, he finish it.some1 introduce Cow & Gate milk instead of complan milk.He is really enjoying d milk[b] but I will go broke cos of d rate he takes d milk[/b].fried Irish potato work 2 but Egg didn't.he is not a fan of noodles. Still observing and trying for now.
grin
I feel you bro...Please enjoy the phase, your boy will soon start dragging spoon with you.
My 6 months old daughter already does that...
Re: My 16 Months Son Cant Eat But Prefer Tea by ejiogbe2: 9:08pm On Sep 29, 2020
Complan Milk is the answer to the fat you need. You will be surprised at the result. if you combine it with multivitamins.

But before the milk and multivitamin take antibiotics (Ampiclox) or Probiotic for 7 to 14 days.

Complan milk in Nigeria is about ₦8,500

You can buy complan milk at https://golouda.com.ng/ad/how-much-is-complan-milk-in-nigeria unfortunately you may not get it in any shop and most unline sellers too dont have it in stock. but try the pasted web address if they have it.

It is best you consult your doctor before using any medical advice you recive online.

(1) (Reply)

Brides To Be, This Is For You......married Too Pls Read. / Procedure For Divorce / Guys, Here Are 5 Reasons Why You Should Be A Baby Daddy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.