Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,980 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:07 AM

Akudaya:myth Or Reality? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Akudaya:myth Or Reality? (65689 Views)

Is Money Ritual A Myth Or True? / Mammy Water: Myth Or Reality? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by gatiano(m): 11:05am On Nov 02, 2014
i don't hate white people, how can i if i'm married to one of them and have a kid and we are good has a family together? i won't because of that hide the truth from my brothers and sisters who need ressurection, i too need to be resurected. you are right and on point in the fact that some black people too are jinns/devil, infact the blackman made the devils by a process called grafting. grafting the lighter unto the lighter for a period of 600 years makes the caucasian out of the cue of black and called mankind (kind of man), first 200 years of that 600 years was the brown man (Japanese), the next 200 years making 400 years was the yellow man (chinese), and the next 200 years was the whiteman (caucasian) blue eyed as it was described in the quran. if one graft further from the white which the white tried in order to graft theirselves back to black many years ago, they got what we call the ape. monkey is their brother, while dog is their best friend and lover. no hating, just stating the facts. and the truth they say will set you free. the black devil is seven times more wicked than the devil himself, true as you said, i merely am saying that devil is a man and GOD too is a MAN (supreme). iblis is what we all have, the inner voice that makes us rebel against righteousness and against the will of GOD. and before we can ever understand the illogical (it exists but from the logical), we must understand and have knowledge of the logical completely.

Empiree:
Haba, you got somethings mixed up here. Alujonu (Jinn) are another creation of God in their own planet. Caucasian are White people. White people are human beings(mankind). Just because some White folks behave bad does not mean they are Jinn. If that's is the case, then you should agree with me that devils among Black people are Jinn, too. Humans are human, Jinn are Jinn. Complete different creations. Your theory is flawed.

"Akudaya" is famous creed among Yoruba people. Maybe other tribes, too. According to them, if someone dies 'before his time', he reincarnates. We Muslims do not believe that. When someone dies, that is it. If however it is confirmed that the person is seen some place else while already dead, it's illusion. We say Jinn is at work. Pls continue reading this thread. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by LordReed(m): 11:56am On Nov 02, 2014
Empiree:

It's funny how Christians, Pagans and Atheists would damn Islam and Muslims, yet many of your (you folks) topics and posts always have to do with Islam or Muslims. You guys are so obsessed with Islam. That's not by accident though. It's sign of Islam claim to truth. Which religion do you subscribe to?

It is funny how you bring Islam into this thread then say the posters are damning Islam. You were the first to mention Islam here and Mighty Sparrow's post was not even to reply you. Why are you looking for conflict where there is none?

7 Likes

Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by Empiree: 12:07pm On Nov 02, 2014
gatiano:
i don't hate white people, how can i if i'm married to one of them and have a kid and we are good has a family together? i won't because of that hide the truth from my brothers and sisters who need ressurection, i too need to be resurected. you are right and on point in the fact that some black people too are jinns/devil, infact the blackman made the devils by a process called grafting. grafting the lighter unto the lighter for a period of 600 years makes the caucasian out of the cue of black and called mankind (kind of man), first 200 years of that 600 years was the brown man (Japanese), the next 200 years making 400 years was the yellow man (chinese), and the next 200 years was the whiteman (caucasian) blue eyed as it was described in the quran. if one graft further from the white which the white tried in order to graft theirselves back to black many years ago, they got what we call the ape. monkey is their brother, while dog is their best friend and lover. no hating, just stating the facts. and the truth they say will set you free. the black devil is seven times more wicked than the devil himself, true as you said, i merely am saying that devil is a man and GOD too is a MAN (supreme). iblis is what we all have, the inner voice that makes us rebel against righteousness and against the will of GOD. and before we can ever understand the illogical (it exists but from the logical), we must understand and have knowledge of the logical completely.

Lol, you cracked my ribs @ bold grin
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by Empiree: 12:08pm On Nov 02, 2014
LordReed:

It is funny how you bring Islam into this thread then say the posters are damning Islam. You were the first to mention Islam here and Mighty Sparrow's post was not even to reply you. Why are you looking for conflict where there is none?
shocked your comment was long overdue. Op is not complaining, sir
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by LordReed(m): 12:12pm On Nov 02, 2014
Empiree:
shocked your comment was long overdue. Op is not complaining, sir

Exactly, who complained about Islam or damned Islam?
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by Jerryolumide(m): 12:59pm On Nov 02, 2014
Empiree:
The Jinn are beings created with free will, living on earth in a world parallel to that of man and are invincible to human eyes in their normal state. The Arabic word for Jinn comes from the verb "Janna" which means to hide. Consequently, the embryo hidden in the womb is called a Janeen and the heart hidden in the chest is called Janaan.

The term Jinnee (Eng. Genie) is equivalent to Jinn and Jaann may be used as its plural or as another singular form. In Islamic literature Shaytan (Eng. Satan, devil) is a name given to disbelieving Jinns. They are created from fire according to Allah's statement in the Qur'an: "The Jinns were created from the fire of a scorching wind." (Surah Al-Hijr 15:27). They are not "fallen angels", as Angels are made from light according to following statement of Prophet Muhammad(saw) narrated by his wife Aisha(ra): "The Angels were created from light and the Jinn from a fiery wind" (Sahih Muslim vol 4 P. 1540, no 7134) and angels cannot disobey God according to Allah's statement in the Qur'an,

"....angels stern and severe, who do not disobey Allah in what He orders them, but do whatever they are commanded." Surah At-Tahreem 66:6)
u said fire, u said wind, which do we follow?
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by Empiree: 1:19pm On Nov 02, 2014
Jerryolumide:
u said fire, u said wind, which do we follow?
" scorching wind." it's translator choice of word. He could use "flames" it would mean same thing. Preceded adjective described the later doesn't change the fact that they were created from fire. Pls search other translations like Sahih international and others. It means same thing.

1 Like

Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by gatiano(m): 5:21pm On Nov 02, 2014
Matthew 23:15 "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites, because you travel around on sea and land to make one proselyte; and when he becomes one, you make him twice as much a son of hell as yourselves.
it is not twice, but seven times

Empiree:
Lol, you cracked my rib @ bold grin
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by Kemmiiee: 9:42am On Nov 03, 2014
It is real o .. Around august last year, one of my close family friends came to my house to see my mum.. She had just gotten back from Eko market to buy goods(ankara) that day.. Her husband used to follow her before he died last march .. Her customer didn't know her husband had died so she told my fam friend that herself and her husband entered the same brt the previous week.. My fam friend was shocked. She told the woman that her husband had died some months ago.. The woman screamed in shocked and fainted .. The market people had to revive her .. My grandma also has experienced this.. Things are happening in this world !!

3 Likes

Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by gatiano(m): 7:53pm On Nov 03, 2014
many atimes, dreams can appear so real that we can't differenciate between dreams and reality and deja vu. it had happen to me fewtimes . now the question is were you there, has anybody on this post personally experienced the phenomeno? we need from the source. i am not in any way abusing you or claimed that you don't know what you are saying, no! however, there are people like that, but they are extremely few in this world and mostly they are black people. they didn't die in the first place, they just appeared to be dead, and when their duty is completed, they move on unto the next till they eventually die, and they live extremely long. this ones are of GOD himself. they are very brilliant almost supernaturally brilliant and eat very less food we won't want to eat. sons from the exalted assembly or Eloheim.

Kemmiiee:
It is real o .. Around august last year, one of my close family friends came to my house to see my mum.. She had just gotten back from Eko market to buy goods(ankara) that day.. Her husband used to follow her before he died last march .. Her customer didn't know her husband had died so she told my fam friend that herself and her husband entered the same brt the previous week.. My fam friend was shocked. She told the woman that her husband had died some months ago.. The woman screamed in shocked and fainted .. The market people had to revive her .. My grandma also has experienced this.. Things are happening in this world !!

1 Like

Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by kelechiMarie(f): 12:35pm On Nov 14, 2014
gatiano:
many atimes, dreams can appear so real that we can't differenciate between dreams and reality and deja vu. it had happen to me fewtimes . now the question is were you there, has anybody on this post personally experienced the phenomeno? we need from the source. i am not in any way abusing you or claimed that you don't know what you are saying, no! however, there are people like that, but they are extremely few in this world and mostly they are black people. they didn't die in the first place, they just appeared to be dead, and when their duty is completed, they move on unto the next till they eventually die, and they live extremely long. this ones are of GOD himself. they are very brilliant almost supernaturally brilliant and eat very less food we won't want to eat. sons from the exalted assembly or Eloheim.

I agree with you,for example after my grandma died my sister saw her or something that looked like her on her way back from church in the morning
Personally ,I think it's a figment of our imaginations or maybe familiar spirits but I'll love it if you could shed more light on things like ogbanje and people being visited by loved ones who are about to die
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by Eke40seven(m): 1:12pm On Nov 14, 2014
@OP, the concept you narrated above also was widely believed in the western world at least in the past... it is called DOPPELGANGER. browse it and see...
You guys should note that all these things described are not exclusive to any religion or culture but are either variations which exists in different places and thus interpreted and understood in a different ways.
The truth however is that as a country advances in scientific knowledge and understanding, they become less superstitious which explains why a westerner would not really care about a backward concept of jinns beyond a character in a movie.

7 Likes

Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by gatiano(m): 10:20pm On Nov 14, 2014
do you know of some place in the bible, where Jesus always percieve things before they happen? that phenomeno is called radiohead. it is when a person can tap into other people's frequency and hear their thoughts. what would people have called Jesus if they knew his abilities? they must have called him ogbanje, or witch or etc.
ogbanje are those children that spend a little while and then die, only to be reborn again. physically, maybe they are just sick. spiritually, they just get bored and they go away(die).
why was Jesus crucified if he had that radiohead power? He understood that there was nothing left for him to do, He came with a mission but was too early, so he gave the jews what they crave for, that is killing him before he exposes them, he however did expose them.
so are some children (ogbanje), they came with a purpose or mission, and seeing africa for what it is, they just give up or get bored, they may have been early too, or late in few cases, so they just go (die). i'd like to know your view.

kelechiMarie:
I agree with you,for example after my grandma died my sister saw her or something that looked like her on her way back from church in the morning
Personally ,I think it's a figment of our imaginations or maybe familiar spirits but I'll love it if you could shed more light on things like ogbanje and people being visited by loved ones who are about to die
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by kelechiMarie(f): 12:21pm On Nov 15, 2014
gatiano:
do you know of some place in the bible, where Jesus always percieve things before they happen? that phenomeno is called radiohead. it is when a person can tap into other people's frequency and hear their thoughts. what would people have called Jesus if they knew his abilities? they must have called him ogbanje, or witch or etc.
ogbanje are those children that spend a little while and then die, only to be reborn again. physically, maybe they are just sick. spiritually, they just get bored and they go away(die).
why was Jesus crucified if he had that radiohead power? He understood that there was nothing left for him to do, He came with a mission but was too early, so he gave the jews what they crave for, that is killing him before he exposes them, he however did expose them.
so are some children (ogbanje), they came with a purpose or mission, and seeing africa for what it is, they just give up or get bored, they may have been early too, or late in few cases, so they just go (die). i'd like to know your view.

some of those labelled ogbanje died as a result of inadequate care tho.Some also have powers which could be from God or the devil(familiar spirits)like the girl in acts 17/18 nt sure.
But what about seeing someone before they die you didn't answer that part
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by gatiano(m): 1:34pm On Nov 15, 2014
Black people are a very special people, complete in making of the universal essence. the earth is made from the universal particles, and the blackman is made from that earth, it means blackman is made from all the elements available on earth, with it the blackman gets billions of vitamin nutrients from the sun and deflects the rays, unlike the other races (i'm not racist, it is what i have observed), so all black people are complete with the 7 mind dimensions, they are , physical, emotional, mineral, spiritual, soul, self and will.
We also have 9 forces which balances our equilibrium. they attraction, repulsion, cohesion, assimilation, dissimilation,creation, projection, reception and intuition. we the black people are in the sleeping state nevetheless, this our inner self knock on us on few occasions. anybody who is in tune with him/herself just 1 to 2% will know that it is time to go (mostly, older people). and when a person is about to go forever, it is normal for them to say good bye or share a secret, especially those with secret (closely guarded secret, not bad secret). it also depend on the belief of a person, the older one gets, the more they begin to understand that death ends it all, no spirit anywhere, if there are, then spirit without a body can't recognise no one. when a brother died, he was still very young, he knew days before he died, the date he was going, so he told children and not adults, he told them he was going to london. some righteous white and other race always know too. the bottom line, the righteous always know, the blacks are born and always righteous, when they deviate, they are in sleep mode as they are today.

kelechiMarie:
some of those labelled ogbanje died as a result of inadequate care tho.Some also have powers which could be from God or the devil(familiar spirits)like the girl in acts 17/18 nt sure.
But what about seeing someone before they die you didn't answer that part

1 Like

Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by coolvitus(m): 8:24pm On Nov 15, 2014
Ds story has bn around 4 as many yrs as I can remember and na desam all over?
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by sammy329(m): 8:26pm On Nov 15, 2014
it is very real, I saw my dead grandfather in a bus, but that was the last time I saw him around that area.
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by adeoladrg(m): 8:28pm On Nov 15, 2014
I've heard numerous stories about this akudaya but i will share 1 that really shocked me.

A young man who happened to be the only son of his parents died miserably. Though i wasn't told where he died or how he died. He was the heir to the fathers wealth as the only son.

The man was said to have established a business booming with lots of customers in lagos(why always lagos?).... He also got married but not legally to a pretty young lady there and they had kids...

When the young man sensed his time of existence as partial human was coming to an end, he talked to his wife about seeing his parents (i still ask myself, why now?). The wife agreed. They were few distant away from home before the man came up with excuse.... He told his wife he needed to get some items from the market. He gave the wife direction on how she'd be able to locate their main house. The wife with the kids kept going. On reaching the house, the mother of the man saw them and asked if they were looking for some one. The lady described whom they were looking for and coincidentally, she was speaking to the mother in-law.... The lady told her that she's the wife of her son... The old woman, amazed by what she heard couldn't believe it.... She took the lady to the place where the man was buried and told her that he died a long time ago.... The lady was skeptical and decided to call her husband on phone but it wasn't through.... That was how the man disappeared into thin air till today.

The question i still ask myself is - Are the kids half man-half spirit?

I heard this same story!
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by Vivipop(f): 8:29pm On Nov 15, 2014
I've heard numerous stories about this akudaya but i will share 1 that really shocked me.

A young man who happened to be the only son of his parents died miserably. Though i wasn't told where he died or how he died. He was the heir to the fathers wealth as the only son.

The man was said to have established a business booming with lots of customers in lagos(why always lagos?).... He also got married but not legally to a pretty young lady there and they had kids...

When the young man sensed his time of existence as partial human was coming to an end, he talked to his wife about seeing his parents (i still ask myself, why now?). The wife agreed. They were few distant away from home before the man came up with excuse.... He told his wife he needed to get some items from the market. He gave the wife direction on how she'd be able to locate their main house. The wife with the kids kept going. On reaching the house, the mother of the man saw them and asked if they were looking for some one. The lady described whom they were looking for and coincidentally, she was speaking to the mother in-law.... The lady told her that she's the wife of her son... The old woman, amazed by what she heard couldn't believe it.... She took the lady to the place where the man was buried and told her that he died a long time ago.... The lady was skeptical and decided to call her husband on phone but it wasn't through.... That was how the man disappeared into thin air till today.

Tales by moonlight. I've heard different versions of this story but nobody was a first hand witness. They were all told by some other person. Akudiya abi akudaya does not exist.
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by holatin(m): 8:30pm On Nov 15, 2014
only in africa
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by juman(m): 8:30pm On Nov 15, 2014
There is nothing like akudaaya.

All akudaaya stories are not first hand story but just "I heard story" passing down from one individual to others.

3 Likes

Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by labbyboi(m): 8:32pm On Nov 15, 2014

Naija film aiye.
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by Nobody: 8:37pm On Nov 15, 2014
I thought it's about Japanese story. Bwahaha... That is a very interesting word, Akudaya! Y'all bunch of lost people!
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by Nobody: 8:37pm On Nov 15, 2014

your story would make a good Nollywood script...
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by Nobody: 8:39pm On Nov 15, 2014
MightySparrow:
If it is real, do we have examples in American, China, Saudi, etc

Must everything be of/from the West and outside the shores of Africa before it is termed authentic.

Inferiority complex is bad for your health.

1 Like

That is how I chase away any girl I no wan date.

I dey tell her for night say I no be human being o.

See gooose pimples on her face. By morning, the girl go run go her house. She will stop calling..

1 Like

Empiree:

It's funny how Christians, Pagans and Atheists would damn Islam and Muslims, yet many of your (you folks) topics and posts always have to do with Islam or Muslims. You guys are so obsessed with Islam. That's not by accident though. It's sign of Islam claim to truth. Which religion do you subscribe to?
No religion founded by a pedophile can lay claim to truth

3 Likes

Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by Itslavishbitch(m): 8:40pm On Nov 15, 2014
Nigerians and superstitions When will these peasants ever change? undecided

1 Like

Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Nov 15, 2014
kelechiMarie:
please keep the stories and comments coming

You like tales by moonlight ?

2 Likes

Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by Nobody: 8:41pm On Nov 15, 2014
Itslavishbitch:
Nigerians and superstitions When will these peasants ever change? undecided

My broda. Nah poverty dey cause all these things..

2 Likes

Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by xtervaganza(m): 8:42pm On Nov 15, 2014
I know some akudayas on nairaland

So they are real
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by IYANGBALI: 8:42pm On Nov 15, 2014
I know some akudayas here on nairaland and they know that I know them,one of them is a moderator,the akudaya mod that I talked about will try to ban me so that I don't expose him,don't worry I won't,I know why you decided to come back to this part of the world,but pls do quick and go back.Akudaya is real.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

End Time Church Spotted In Lagos / Queen Of Sheba Took Off At The Arrival Of Bishop Oyedepo / Prophet Isa El-Buba: Atiku Will Win 2019 Presidential Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.