Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,387 members, 7,808,369 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:03 AM

CHELSEA GOALKEEPERS: Peter Cech Or Thibaut Courtois To Leave? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / CHELSEA GOALKEEPERS: Peter Cech Or Thibaut Courtois To Leave? (796 Views)

Kevin De Bruyne And Goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois Battle Over A Girl / Between Peter Cech And Didier Droba, Who Was The Hero In Munich And Why? / Peter Cech Vs Van Der Sar? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

CHELSEA GOALKEEPERS: Peter Cech Or Thibaut Courtois To Leave? by lanre88(m): 3:10am On Aug 16, 2014
Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has admitted that one of his top goalkeepers could leave the club this summer.

The veteran Petr Cech, who has been Chelsea’s number 1 for the past decade, is under threat from Thibaut Courtois, who has returned to Stamford Bridge this summer after spending three successful three seasons on loan at Atletico Madrid.

Mourinho has admitted that one of the duo will have to leave the club this summer, but he will make his decision on Sunday prior to traveling to Turf Moor to face Burnley on Monday in their new season kick-off.

‘I can’t tell you (who will play) because they don’t know and the team doesn’t know,’ said Mourinho.

‘What I can say is that in my opinion, with all respect to fantastic goalkeepers around the world, I think Chelsea has two of the three best goalkeepers in the world, which is unique.

‘Is it a problem for me? It’s a great problem because they are both fantastic. Even Schwarzer, who is at a different age and a different level at this moment, is a good goalkeeper. But, to have Cech and Courtois is a good problem every manager in every club would like to have.

‘It’s not easy because I don’t think any manager is happy to see one player in an uncomfortable situation, so from that perspective it’s not easy for me. I like to see people happy. I understand that for goalkeepers who could play for any club in the world, and here one of them is going to be on the bench, it’s a difficult situation, but for Chelsea Football Club it’s a great situation.

‘Obviously during the season if one is definitely my first choice I will have to support and stimulate the other one. I can’t have one incredible goalkeeper on the bench for three or four months waiting for a Capital One Cup game.
‘The best way for me to work is to think in a pragmatic way, in a cold way too. It’s to forget and hide the emotions around the situation and decide what’s best for the team and the club. It’s a very safe situation.

http://kicksocca.com/premier-league/chelsea-goalkeeper-will-leave-summer-admits-jose-mourinho-8760/

Football fans alike, who would you prefer to keep the goalie for chelsea this season and why?
Re: CHELSEA GOALKEEPERS: Peter Cech Or Thibaut Courtois To Leave? by donphilopus: 12:18am On Aug 23, 2014
Courtois is good, but Cech is better. So, I still prefer him!
Re: CHELSEA GOALKEEPERS: Peter Cech Or Thibaut Courtois To Leave? by chelseabmw(m): 12:54am On Aug 23, 2014
Cech wudnt leave dis summer

(1) (Reply)

Man United To Announce Paul Pogba Deal Within 48 Hours / Does Mourinho Need A Smack In The Mouth? / Man City's 175m Pounds Bid For Kaka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.