Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,875 members, 7,802,811 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:22 PM

Power Privatisation: 18 -hour Uninterrupted Power Supply In Lagos Now - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Privatisation: 18 -hour Uninterrupted Power Supply In Lagos Now (8477 Views)

Buhari: I'm In Dilemma Over Power Privatisation / Buhari Can Cancel Power Privatisation – Nerc Boss / FG Signs Agreements With Power Privatisation Bid Winners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Power Privatisation: 18 -hour Uninterrupted Power Supply In Lagos Now by kmariko: 4:32am On Aug 16, 2014
The Director-General, Bureau of Public Enterprises (BPE), Mr Benjamin Dikki, said power privatisation in the country had started yielding results with 18-hour uninterrupted power supply to consumers in Lagos.

This is contained in a statement by BPE’s Head of Public Communications, Mr Chigbo Anichebe, on Friday in Abuja.

The statement said that Dikki made the disclosure when members of Abuja Chamber of Commerce, Industry, Mines and Agriculture (ABUCCIMA) visited the Bureau.

Dikki, it said, however stated that power supply around the country would have improved but for the shortage in gas supply to power generating plants.

He said that the new power owners had invested heavily to upgrade infrastructure so as to give Nigerians steady and uninterrupted power supply but restated that steady gas supply had remained an impediment.

While appealing to Nigerians to be patient with the new owners of the power assets, he said that the Federal Government was doing everything possible to solve the gas challenge.

He pointed out that the establishment of Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC), Debt Management Office (DMO) and National Pension Commission (PENCOM) represented government’s resolve to reform the economy.

The director-general affirmed that BPE would take advantage of platforms provided by credible organisations like ABUCCIMA to showcase its achievements.

According to him, the pension reform, for instance, has attracted over N4.2 trillion into the financial system which could be quadrupled in the next few years.

He appealed for the passage of the Petroleum Industry Bill (PIB) to open up the oil and gas sectors for job creation.

“I appeal to organisations like ABUCCIMA to prevail on the National Assembly to the pass the PIB with clear separation of the role of policy formulation, regulation and operation.

“This will open up the oil and gas sectors so that jobs will be created to take care of the country’s teeming unemployed population,” he said.

The statement said the First Deputy President of ABUCCIMA, Mr Tony Ejinkeonye, assured that the chamber would partner BPE to showcase its activities during the upcoming 9th Abuja Trade Fair.

1 Like

Re: Power Privatisation: 18 -hour Uninterrupted Power Supply In Lagos Now by chinakobo(m): 4:36am On Aug 16, 2014
I agree with this figure. Have obeserved it for about 2 weeks now.

10 Likes

Re: Power Privatisation: 18 -hour Uninterrupted Power Supply In Lagos Now by Soji123(m): 5:00am On Aug 16, 2014
Which part of lagos

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Privatisation: 18 -hour Uninterrupted Power Supply In Lagos Now by tunwumi: 5:08am On Aug 16, 2014
Please tell me this is true as there was nothing like this. Phcn will give u light when the want to come and collect allocation from u through crazy Billing. This is another lie that can not be proven. The only way to prove this is to show is how much reduction is observer in the consumption of diesel and petrol in the state which has not reduce but increases buy day.

Let this government prove to us that billions it has been budgeting om power is not for boy by giving us uninterrupted power supply not political noise supply.

2 Likes

Re: Power Privatisation: 18 -hour Uninterrupted Power Supply In Lagos Now by Mynd44: 5:48am On Aug 16, 2014
Re: Power Privatisation: 18 -hour Uninterrupted Power Supply In Lagos Now by englishmart(m): 5:50am On Aug 16, 2014
I think it's yielding progress.

For over 6months we've had uninterrupted power supply.

9 Likes

Re: Power Privatisation: 18 -hour Uninterrupted Power Supply In Lagos Now by Nobody: 5:50am On Aug 16, 2014
Firstly, 18 hours power supply is a lie...as am typing, there hasn't been light for the past 24hrs in my neighborhood in Surulere which i want to believe is not outside his Lagos.

Secondly, we won't have patience until PHCN becomes worse than NEPA, when we will have total blackout for weeks. What GEJ promised was 24hrs power supply, what we're getting is 20hrs uninterrupted blackout supply. We're back to the days kids scream UP NEPA with just a flash of a bulb light.

God bless Nigeria

14 Likes

Re: Power Privatisation: 18 -hour Uninterrupted Power Supply In Lagos Now by segradino(m): 5:56am On Aug 16, 2014
Iro nla

Info for smartphone users, u can get d best data plan for ur internet enabled devices why waste more when u can pay less...check dis out on this thread. www.nairaland.com/1852534/mtn-data-cheapest-rate#25391662

3 Likes

Re: Power Privatisation: 18 -hour Uninterrupted Power Supply In Lagos Now by nairaman66(m): 5:56am On Aug 16, 2014
The Director-General, Bureau of Public Enterprises (BPE), Mr Benjamin Dikki, said power privatisation in the country had started yielding results with 18-hour uninterrupted power supply to consumers in Lagos.

This is contained in a statement by BPE’s Head of Public Communications, Mr Chigbo Anichebe, on Friday in Abuja.

The statement said that Dikki made the disclosure when members of Abuja Chamber of Commerce, Industry, Mines and Agriculture (ABUCCIMA) visited the Bureau.

Dikki, it said, however stated that power supply around the country would have improved but for the shortage in gas supply to power generating plants.

He said that the new power owners had invested heavily to upgrade infrastructure so as to give Nigerians steady and uninterrupted power supply but restated that steady gas supply had remained an impediment.

While appealing to Nigerians to be patient with the new owners of the power assets, he said that the Federal Government was doing everything possible to solve the gas challenge.

He pointed out that the establishment of Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC), Debt Management Office (DMO) and National Pension Commission (PENCOM) represented government’s resolve to reform the economy.

The director-general affirmed that BPE would take advantage of platforms provided by credible organisations like ABUCCIMA to showcase its achievements.

According to him, the pension reform, for instance, has attracted over N4.2 trillion into the financial system which could be quadrupled in the next few years.

He appealed for the passage of the Petroleum Industry Bill (PIB) to open up the oil and gas sectors for job creation.

“I appeal to organisations like ABUCCIMA to prevail on the National Assembly to the pass the PIB with clear separation of the role of policy formulation, regulation and operation.

“This will open up the oil and gas sectors so that jobs will be created to take care of the country’s teeming unemployed population,” he said.

The statement said the First Deputy President of ABUCCIMA, Mr Tony Ejinkeonye, assured that the chamber would partner BPE to showcase its activities during the upcoming 9th Abuja Trade Fair.

Wished I could charge this man for misuse of office and language. He is outrightly misinforming the general public! Abi nor be naija we dey again??

9 Likes

Re: Power Privatisation: 18 -hour Uninterrupted Power Supply In Lagos Now by Nobody: 5:58am On Aug 16, 2014
Dikki, yhu sure?
To some extend sha, light don improve for my area. But one thing wey I never understand be Sey, why we no de get light for Sundays?

6 Likes

Re: Power Privatisation: 18 -hour Uninterrupted Power Supply In Lagos Now by echobee(f): 5:58am On Aug 16, 2014
englishmart: I think it's yielding progress.

Chai! U can lie angry angry angry. 6Months ko,6 seconds ni angry

20 Likes

Re: Power Privatisation: 18 -hour Uninterrupted Power Supply In Lagos Now by jibbish(m): 5:59am On Aug 16, 2014
Abeg na all ds lie me no dey like, am in ketu nau and I neva see light for more dan 3hrs since I don land on thursday. So is Ketu part of Ogun state

5 Likes

Re: Power Privatisation: 18 -hour Uninterrupted Power Supply In Lagos Now by adekayo1234(m): 5:59am On Aug 16, 2014
fresh ear everywhere grin grin

1 Like

Re: Power Privatisation: 18 -hour Uninterrupted Power Supply In Lagos Now by ramdris(m): 5:59am On Aug 16, 2014
Really? Do we now have another Lagos state apart from eko in Nigeria cos me no see lighty shocked

6 Likes

Re: Power Privatisation: 18 -hour Uninterrupted Power Supply In Lagos Now by NaLaugh: 6:00am On Aug 16, 2014
Story for the gods of the gods.
Re: Power Privatisation: 18 -hour Uninterrupted Power Supply In Lagos Now by nerodenero: 6:03am On Aug 16, 2014
I have noticed an improvement but 18hrs,Mbanu!

Maybe when it stops rainning,we will go back to our normal ways.Kainji rise,light full ground,Kainji water dry,light turn ghost.

3 Likes

Re: Power Privatisation: 18 -hour Uninterrupted Power Supply In Lagos Now by ba7man(m): 6:03am On Aug 16, 2014
As I type this post, there's no light. undecided

The light situation has improved a bit sha but this guy shouldn't exaggerate it.

1 Like

Re: Power Privatisation: 18 -hour Uninterrupted Power Supply In Lagos Now by englishmart(m): 6:03am On Aug 16, 2014
echobee:
Chai! U can lie angry angry angry. 6Months ko,6 seconds ni angry
you don't know where I stay, do u?
Re: Power Privatisation: 18 -hour Uninterrupted Power Supply In Lagos Now by Nobody: 6:08am On Aug 16, 2014
I will agree totally cos I have not used my Gen for close to a month in the part of Abuja where I stay.

4 Likes

Re: Power Privatisation: 18 -hour Uninterrupted Power Supply In Lagos Now by bunmioguns(m): 6:09am On Aug 16, 2014
Which kind result... embarassed embarassed

www.nairaland.com/1852534/mtn-data-cheapest-rate is the answer to your subscription problem

Re: Power Privatisation: 18 -hour Uninterrupted Power Supply In Lagos Now by njuwo(m): 6:11am On Aug 16, 2014
Yielding positive result wey for this side them just dey bring am since day before yesterday as person on tele wan watch them go take am back abeg make una change am to yielding positive but negative result

1 Like

Re: Power Privatisation: 18 -hour Uninterrupted Power Supply In Lagos Now by SLIDEwaxie(m): 6:13am On Aug 16, 2014
U better don't get too hard on yourself by celebrating fair power distribution during raining season in Nigeria with our fuckin obsolete hydro electric power generators!!!

At the dry seasons now..we are reverted to old ways!

Now, what is there to even celebrate? If not for lack of senses, it isn't that the feds built a new dam, and not that the old engines were replaced so, this is pure luck as usual..

Year in, year out!!!

2 Likes

Re: Power Privatisation: 18 -hour Uninterrupted Power Supply In Lagos Now by ednut1(m): 6:15am On Aug 16, 2014
after elections we knw wat will happen. keep deceiving urself sir
Re: Power Privatisation: 18 -hour Uninterrupted Power Supply In Lagos Now by iceberylin(m): 6:20am On Aug 16, 2014
Really enjoying the 20hours uninterrupted power supply in Rivers state noni..... grin

They better improve o...we all know its cause of the rain...
Re: Power Privatisation: 18 -hour Uninterrupted Power Supply In Lagos Now by PassingShot(m): 6:22am On Aug 16, 2014
I understand that there has been some improvement sha but to say 18 hours of uninterrupted power supply is over-exaggeration.

Anyway, privatization is the way to go especially with our mentality of "eating national cake" from any corporation owned by government.

Come to think of it, will it not be good if Nigeria as a whole is privatized? tongue tongue tongue

I mean, let's try the model and I tell you we will be the first country in the world to do it. grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Power Privatisation: 18 -hour Uninterrupted Power Supply In Lagos Now by bcomputer101: 6:26am On Aug 16, 2014
SCAM
Re: Power Privatisation: 18 -hour Uninterrupted Power Supply In Lagos Now by Shaadey: 6:31am On Aug 16, 2014
For this life??not whr m living o abeg
Re: Power Privatisation: 18 -hour Uninterrupted Power Supply In Lagos Now by grandstar(m): 6:32am On Aug 16, 2014
englishmart: I think it's yielding progress.

are you livving in london?

1 Like

Re: Power Privatisation: 18 -hour Uninterrupted Power Supply In Lagos Now by Nobody: 6:32am On Aug 16, 2014
undecided
Re: Power Privatisation: 18 -hour Uninterrupted Power Supply In Lagos Now by etenyong(m): 6:33am On Aug 16, 2014
They get it right wit dis one. It's true. In my area of Lagos @ 18 hrs. Its over 3 wks now since i ON my gen. Sometimes i have to put off d fridge.

6 Likes

Re: Power Privatisation: 18 -hour Uninterrupted Power Supply In Lagos Now by dsmooth1(m): 6:38am On Aug 16, 2014
undecided here goes anoda super story,, a story dat touches d heart n bombom...man pikin continues watchin story for d gods on d phone...low bat3,,generatin on sick leave,,wat shai man do wit 23hrs INTERUPTED POWER SUPLY shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2019: Atiku Chooses Senator Bruce As Running Mate / Obafemi Hamzat Live On Morning Digest With Jimi Disu / Kaduna State Declares 3-Day Public Holiday For Voters Registration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.