Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,334 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:25 AM

Power Privatisation: 18 -hour Uninterrupted Power Supply In Lagos Now - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Privatisation: 18 -hour Uninterrupted Power Supply In Lagos Now (8479 Views)

Buhari: I'm In Dilemma Over Power Privatisation / Buhari Can Cancel Power Privatisation – Nerc Boss / FG Signs Agreements With Power Privatisation Bid Winners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Power Privatisation: 18 -hour Uninterrupted Power Supply In Lagos Now by Reference(m): 9:34am On Aug 16, 2014
Yes it may have improved but I assume it is because the rains are here and Kainji/Shiroro reservoirs are full coupled with mild weather. Come the dry season heat wave and the excuses.

Which leads me to think why the government did not centre its power policy on dams instead of gas plants. Hydro may be seasonal but they appear far cheaper to build and run and appear easier to protect from sabotage.

They went ahead and built all these gas plants that sit idly today knowing only the PIB could guarantee steady supply of gas to power them. Is this not a case of executive and legislative sabotage.
Re: Power Privatisation: 18 -hour Uninterrupted Power Supply In Lagos Now by Nobody: 9:34am On Aug 16, 2014
6 months to election, what do you expect from Jonathan?
Re: Power Privatisation: 18 -hour Uninterrupted Power Supply In Lagos Now by herald9: 9:37am On Aug 16, 2014
Rikidony:
I SEE undecided
Oh!
Looks like someone was blind before...

It's true God works in mysterious ways...
Re: Power Privatisation: 18 -hour Uninterrupted Power Supply In Lagos Now by sammykaka: 9:38am On Aug 16, 2014
some how. power supply have improve...but not up to 18 hrs a day.....
Re: Power Privatisation: 18 -hour Uninterrupted Power Supply In Lagos Now by mirikashi(m): 9:50am On Aug 16, 2014
The Director-General, Bureau of Public Enterprises (BPE), Mr Benjamin Dikki, said power privatisation in the country had started yielding results with 18-hour uninterrupted power supply to consumers in Lagos.

I wonder how they came about this analysis. If their children or wards give their school reports in same manner, I pray they believe it. I stay in Lagos and we know our power story better than this silly fabrication.

1 Like

Re: Power Privatisation: 18 -hour Uninterrupted Power Supply In Lagos Now by blackfase(m): 10:25am On Aug 16, 2014
Delusional Dikki #DeluDik
Re: Power Privatisation: 18 -hour Uninterrupted Power Supply In Lagos Now by Nobody: 10:30am On Aug 16, 2014
Slight improvement ...YES, but 18 hours uninterrupted supply is the height of official lie!
Re: Power Privatisation: 18 -hour Uninterrupted Power Supply In Lagos Now by Ejovwoke(m): 11:15am On Aug 16, 2014
Light here has improved drastically Oo.........New-layout jakpa road on waffi...
Re: Power Privatisation: 18 -hour Uninterrupted Power Supply In Lagos Now by Stuffyj(m): 11:19am On Aug 16, 2014
The power supply here has gotten worse. No improvement at all. Keep deceiving d gullible ones.
Re: Power Privatisation: 18 -hour Uninterrupted Power Supply In Lagos Now by englishmart(m): 11:27am On Aug 16, 2014
Elantracey:

The ancient city , its actually regulated .
you mean ibadan?
Re: Power Privatisation: 18 -hour Uninterrupted Power Supply In Lagos Now by englishmart(m): 11:28am On Aug 16, 2014
grandstar: are you livving in london?
no. Toronto!
Re: Power Privatisation: 18 -hour Uninterrupted Power Supply In Lagos Now by englishmart(m): 11:30am On Aug 16, 2014
echobee:
Chai! U can lie angry angry angry. 6Months ko,6 seconds ni angry
you see? That's the problem we are facing! undecided You don't even know where I stay.
Re: Power Privatisation: 18 -hour Uninterrupted Power Supply In Lagos Now by chinjo(m): 11:34am On Aug 16, 2014
This is very correct. As I am typing now it is already 72 hours (3 days)of uninterrupted power supply in ikot ishie area of calabar. no jokes. I really think this privatization is working. kudos mr president.
Re: Power Privatisation: 18 -hour Uninterrupted Power Supply In Lagos Now by SugaryBelle(f): 11:40am On Aug 16, 2014
This is very true, I've never seen this kind of constant power supply in my area before.They are doing well.
Re: Power Privatisation: 18 -hour Uninterrupted Power Supply In Lagos Now by Ijaya123: 12:16pm On Aug 16, 2014
Dear Director-General, I beg to disagree. The only that that has visibly increased from the privatisation of NEPA is those ridiculous & exhorbitant bills they bring every month. You can't put cotton wool over our eyes. We can see clearly.
Re: Power Privatisation: 18 -hour Uninterrupted Power Supply In Lagos Now by acenazt: 12:35pm On Aug 16, 2014
melojames: Firstly, 18 hours power supply is a lie...as am typing, there hasn't been light for the past 24hrs in my neighborhood in Surulere which i want to believe is not outside his Lagos.

Secondly, we won't have patience until PHCN becomes worse than NEPA, when we will have total blackout for weeks. What GEJ promised was 24hrs power supply, what we're getting is 20hrs uninterrupted blackout supply. We're back to the days kids scream UP NEPA with just a flash of a bulb light.
God bless Nigeria

Bros Dat na for yo area. We dey see light taya for we area. Up to 22 hours on a nice day. Infact nepa no carry light yesterday.
Re: Power Privatisation: 18 -hour Uninterrupted Power Supply In Lagos Now by jasmine01s: 12:46pm On Aug 16, 2014
Seriously speaking in my area the light has really improved we had light throughout yesternight they took it off this morning foor like 30minutes and brought it back again, they've been doing this for a while now. ITs improving in my area that I am sure of dont know about other areas, and his claim of 18hours is also through. Still cant believe am in Nigeria.

Another thing that needs improvement fast is our internet subscriptioons plans price to come down like 3gb for #500 and so on.
Re: Power Privatisation: 18 -hour Uninterrupted Power Supply In Lagos Now by huptin(m): 1:55pm On Aug 16, 2014
reporting live from Ajah Lagos........ 20 hours confirmed....... not a GEJ fan just stating the fact.

1 Like

Re: Power Privatisation: 18 -hour Uninterrupted Power Supply In Lagos Now by Vivipop(f): 3:37pm On Aug 16, 2014
I agree with him, not just in Lagos alone. Power supply has improved tremendously in Akwa-Ibom State,especially in Uyo. We've been having 18-22 hours uninterupted power supply.
Re: Power Privatisation: 18 -hour Uninterrupted Power Supply In Lagos Now by jdilight(m): 3:48pm On Aug 16, 2014
tunwumi: Please tell me this is true as there was nothing like this. Phcn will give u light when the want to come and collect allocation from u through crazy Billing. This is another lie that can not be proven. The only way to prove this is to show is how much reduction is observer in the consumption of diesel and petrol in the state which has not reduce but increases buy day.

Let this government prove to us that billions it has been budgeting om power is not for boy by giving us uninterrupted power supply not political noise supply.

At akowonjo were our office is located, light dey waste.
Re: Power Privatisation: 18 -hour Uninterrupted Power Supply In Lagos Now by musicwriter(m): 3:56pm On Aug 16, 2014
Power supply always improve by this time of the year (during rainy season) because kainji dam and the rest is working at full capacity as it have enough water pressure to turn the turbines. It have nothing to do with privatization or government.
Re: Power Privatisation: 18 -hour Uninterrupted Power Supply In Lagos Now by hyelhira: 4:16pm On Aug 16, 2014
We just threw away 2 weeks worth of meat and other foodstuff simply because we traveled for just 5 days and alas, electricity was non-existent or erratic at best. My wife had forgotten that it's the generator that we put on every night that really powers the refrigerators. We only need 6 hours a day for the food to remain fresh. I live and work in Lagos and I don't see the light this man is talking about. By the way, we still run generators most of the time in the office.
Re: Power Privatisation: 18 -hour Uninterrupted Power Supply In Lagos Now by Ventura1: 4:42pm On Aug 16, 2014
One day ON! One day OFF! is the order of the day
Re: Power Privatisation: 18 -hour Uninterrupted Power Supply In Lagos Now by Ivanspring(f): 4:59pm On Aug 16, 2014
Rikidony: NA TRUE SHA THE THING DON IMPROVE FOR CALABAR HERE 2AYS AGO NA 24 HOURS TODAY ITS BACK TO 20HRS. WELCOME DEVELOPMENT

This is true. Power supply has really improved here in Calabar.
Re: Power Privatisation: 18 -hour Uninterrupted Power Supply In Lagos Now by juman(m): 5:38pm On Aug 16, 2014
Lies.

How many megawatts of electricity added by this government since it came to power?
Re: Power Privatisation: 18 -hour Uninterrupted Power Supply In Lagos Now by grandstar(m): 6:36pm On Aug 16, 2014
englishmart: no. Toronto!
why am I not surprised! Yeye man
Re: Power Privatisation: 18 -hour Uninterrupted Power Supply In Lagos Now by Rikidony(m): 9:30pm On Aug 16, 2014
Ivanspring:

This is true. Power supply has really improved here in Calabar.
babe which part of cali u base
Re: Power Privatisation: 18 -hour Uninterrupted Power Supply In Lagos Now by Ivanspring(f): 9:43pm On Aug 16, 2014
Rikidony: babe which part of cali u base

Municipality
Re: Power Privatisation: 18 -hour Uninterrupted Power Supply In Lagos Now by Seroautos: 9:51pm On Aug 16, 2014
NITA SHEA BUTTER FOR BABIES
Since Shea butter is all natural and so rich and moisturizing, it is ideal for baby care. It is natural, gentle and soft for every type of skin, but it is specially adapted for the delicate and sensitive skin of babies. It is perfect for after bath skin care and as a healer in case of eczema or diaper rash for babies and kids. African women have used it for millennial to protect and nourish their babies' skin. Using pure Shea butter on your baby guarantees you of a totally natural and chemical-free skin care. Given that lots of baby care products contain toxic chemicals, Shea butter is the best ally for Eco-conscious moms. so choose NITA
Shea butter for your baby any time all day.

NITA SHEA BUTTER HAIR REVITALIZATION
Shea butter is the best Shea Butter Hair revitalization cure for your hair. Dry, dull, falling, lumpy or damaged, your hair will always benefit from a Shea butter mask. Either the pure Shea butter mask or the Shea butter conditioner will give vitality, suppleness and shine back to your hair. The Shea butter cure is good anytime, but especially during summertime or in the tropics because of the stress your hair has to sustain from the sun and ocean, lake or river water. Prolong the cure after you come back from vacation.

steps: use Nita Shea butter and apply evenly on your hair. Wrap your hair in a warm towel and leave on for 20-30 min. Shampoo as usual and apply NITA pure Shea butter depending on the dryness and damage of your hair.

NOTE.
Nita shed butter has the following products.
1.} body cream both adult and babies.
2.} Shampoo.
3.} Hair Relaxers.
4.} Natural Hair Cream.
5.} Weavon Oil.

HOW TO GET THE PRODUCTS
I am willing to offer to you this products at a distributor price of N700 only. There are 24 pieces in a canton.

CONTACT DETAILS
please if you are interested in this product kindly do call me or mail me so we can talk more Email faithy2032@gmail.com it available for both retainers and consumers. visit www.ladieswinds.com to knw more about shea butter.

thank you
Re: Power Privatisation: 18 -hour Uninterrupted Power Supply In Lagos Now by Seroautos: 9:53pm On Aug 16, 2014
Since Shea butter is all natural and so rich and moisturizing, it is ideal for baby care. It is natural, gentle and soft for every type of skin, but it is specially adapted for the delicate and sensitive skin of babies. It is perfect for after bath skin care and as a healer in case of eczema or diaper rash for babies and kids. African women have used it for millennial to protect and nourish their babies' skin. Using pure Shea butter on your baby guarantees you of a totally natural and chemical-free skin care. Given that lots of baby care products contain toxic chemicals, Shea butter is the best ally for Eco-conscious moms. so choose NITA

Shea butter is the best Shea Butter Hair revitalization cure for your hair. Dry, dull, falling, lumpy or damaged, your hair will always benefit from a Shea butter mask. Either the pure Shea butter mask or the Shea butter conditioner will give vitality, suppleness and shine back to your hair. The Shea butter cure is good anytime, but especially during summertime or in the tropics because of the stress your hair has to sustain from the sun and ocean, lake or river water. Prolong the cure after you come back from vacation.

steps: use Nita Shea butter and apply evenly on your hair. Wrap your hair in a warm towel and leave on for 20-30 min. Shampoo as usual and apply NITA pure Shea butter depending on the dryness and damage of your hair.

NOTE.
2.} Shampoo.
3.} Hair Relaxers.
4.} Natural Hair Cream.
5.} Weavon Oil.

HOW TO GET THE PRODUCTS
I am willing to offer to you this products at a distributor price of N700 only. There are 24 pieces in a canton.

CONTACT DETAILS
please if you are interested in this product kindly do call me or mail me so we can talk more Email faithy2032@gmail.com it available for both retainers and consumers. visit www.ladieswinds.com to knw more about shea butter.

thank you
Re: Power Privatisation: 18 -hour Uninterrupted Power Supply In Lagos Now by Seroautos: 9:55pm On Aug 16, 2014

NOTE.
2.} Shampoo.
3.} Hair Relaxers.
4.} Natural Hair Cream.
5.} Weavon Oil.

HOW TO GET THE PRODUCTS

CONTACT DETAILS

thank you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Late Ja'afar Response To Sunusi Noisemaking (YouTube) / 2019: Atiku Chooses Senator Bruce As Running Mate / BREAKING: Court Sacks APC Chairman In Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.