Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,991 members, 7,806,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:10 AM

Stolen Babies Reunited With Parents In Imo - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Stolen Babies Reunited With Parents In Imo (12896 Views)

Man In Court For Allegedly Securing A Job With Stolen Certificate / Missing Child Reunited With Family After 12 Years / 19 Year Old Nigerian Girl in UK Looking for Her Parents in Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stolen Babies Reunited With Parents In Imo by Descartes: 7:04am On Aug 16, 2014
Two babies Stolen in Imo StateTheir joy knew no bounds as the family of Mr and Mrs Daniel Duruji as well as 24 years old Vivien Iwuji reunited with their 2 week old babies who were kidnapped few hours after they were born.

While presenting the babies back to their parents at the Imo State Police Command Headquarters in Owerri, the Imo State capital, the state police commissioner, Abdulmajid Ali, vowed that the Imo State Police Command would not rest until the issue of child stealing and child trafficking were brought to its barest minimal.

The Imo police boss said that three suspects had been arrested in connection to the incident and they are presently cooling their feet in the police cell as investigations are ongoing.

While narrating the incidence, the head of the anti-human trafficking unit of the Imo police command, Mrs Elizabeth Okosun, said the police were able to recover one of the babies after a tip-off by a commercial tricycle rider who suspected the shady behaviour of the suspects when they were about travelling with the baby to another state.

Vivien Iwuji , a 24 year old student, said that she was deceived by her sister-in-law that a family friend will take care of her baby after delivery not knowing she had the intention of selling her baby.

The Imo Police commission appealed to religious and community leaders to furnish the police with adequate information if any woman or family without a history of a recent pregnancy was seen with a newborn baby.

Two hundred years after the abolition of the trans-Atlantic slave trade, the trafficking of African children continues unabated. This is one of the most horrific violations of a child’s right. Trafficking can be defined as “the recruitment, transportation, transfer, harboring or receipt of a child for the purpose of exploitation”. Reasons for trafficking children include: sexual exploitation, forced labour and/or slavery, domestic servitude, forced marriages, illegal adoptions, and even forced organ removal or human sacrifice.

Nigeria acts as a source, transit and destination country for trafficking children to Europe, the Middle East and other countries throughout Africa. UNICEF has estimated that over 1.2 million children worldwide are trafficked each year. The highest rates of child trafficking in Nigeria are found in the Niger Delta region, according to research by NAPTIP, the Nigerian Anti-Trafficking Agency.
http://www.channelstv.com/2014/08/13/police-reunites-stolen-babies-parents-imo/

Re: Stolen Babies Reunited With Parents In Imo by Youngzedd(m): 7:21am On Aug 16, 2014
who were kidnapped few hours after they were born.

Sharperly.

9ja will be better begins with you and I.

1 Like

Re: Stolen Babies Reunited With Parents In Imo by modestdude(m): 7:21am On Aug 16, 2014
Man's inhumanity to man, i remember that latin adage back then in the seminary "homo lupi homine est" (man is wolf to man) which makes me to wonder if God really created man in His own image? Because man as he was and as he is now does not have a pinch of love which God is. If not for the social contract, man could have fallen to the level of Animals beasts, coz animals dont eat/hurt their kind.

Imo my Imo, my people my people.....unu okuola nkwu?

4 Likes

Re: Stolen Babies Reunited With Parents In Imo by bunmioguns(m): 7:21am On Aug 16, 2014
kondo kudos to Nigeria Police

1 Like

Re: Stolen Babies Reunited With Parents In Imo by icekream(m): 7:21am On Aug 16, 2014
Front page tnz. grin
Re: Stolen Babies Reunited With Parents In Imo by eunisam: 7:22am On Aug 16, 2014
it is a time of joy indeed.
Re: Stolen Babies Reunited With Parents In Imo by Descartes: 7:22am On Aug 16, 2014
Two hundred years after the abolition of the trans-Atlantic slave trade, the trafficking of African children continues unabated.—Source
shocked shocked lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Thank God they were all rescued smiley

2 Likes

Re: Stolen Babies Reunited With Parents In Imo by bunmioguns(m): 7:24am On Aug 16, 2014
congratulations to the parents
Re: Stolen Babies Reunited With Parents In Imo by sammieguze(m): 7:25am On Aug 16, 2014
Thank God

1 Like

Re: Stolen Babies Reunited With Parents In Imo by itsIYKE(m): 7:27am On Aug 16, 2014
innocent little tins
Re: Stolen Babies Reunited With Parents In Imo by Saraben(f): 7:28am On Aug 16, 2014
Wow here am I after many months of frontpageless ..all tanks to glo's slower than snail network.
Re: Stolen Babies Reunited With Parents In Imo by Cymbal: 7:30am On Aug 16, 2014
Sister-in-law This is pathetic.

~TRUST NO ONE~.

1 Like

Re: Stolen Babies Reunited With Parents In Imo by holyboss: 7:31am On Aug 16, 2014
Re: Stolen Babies Reunited With Parents In Imo by Exponental(m): 7:31am On Aug 16, 2014
(Sister-in-law): God deliver us from evil doers who poses as loved ones.

1 Like

Re: Stolen Babies Reunited With Parents In Imo by Ekans: 7:33am On Aug 16, 2014
Thank God.But, why is Imo state at the center of baby snatching and trafficking?.

1 Like

Re: Stolen Babies Reunited With Parents In Imo by ziccoit: 7:35am On Aug 16, 2014
Bastard sister-in-law-crime.
Re: Stolen Babies Reunited With Parents In Imo by cmacs(m): 7:35am On Aug 16, 2014
na wa oo.. y pipo dae thief person pikin na?

via www.imsuforum.com
Re: Stolen Babies Reunited With Parents In Imo by overhypedsteve(m): 7:36am On Aug 16, 2014
Hmm stealing peoples baby. Why now. Is he trying to tell us that he is in a better position to provide for the kids?
See fine pikin wey dem go thief.
9ja be thieving kidney, blockus, baby, and everything
Re: Stolen Babies Reunited With Parents In Imo by Azuist(m): 7:38am On Aug 16, 2014
Well done Imo Police Command for not dismissing the commercial tricycle driver as usual instead they followed up whit a proper investigation.
Well done the driver for going extra mile to confirm your suspicion, u could ve said "wetin concern me" like many Nigerian but now u ve saved this innocent baby.
This is really pathetic, what re they going to do with a 2 months old baby? if they need one, while not go 2ru d necessary rigorous process of adopting one. Indeed "evil thrive when good men seat down and do nothing" as would ve been the case here.

1 Like

Re: Stolen Babies Reunited With Parents In Imo by segradino(m): 7:40am On Aug 16, 2014
Good news

Info for smartphone users, u can get d best data plan for ur internet enabled devices why waste more when u can pay less...check dis out on this thread. www.nairaland.com/1852534/mtn-data-cheapest-rate#25391662
Re: Stolen Babies Reunited With Parents In Imo by jagaban1: 7:51am On Aug 16, 2014
IBO AND KIDNAPPING

1 Like

Re: Stolen Babies Reunited With Parents In Imo by ibe9ja: 7:53am On Aug 16, 2014
DNA test sharperly. I don't trust those bastards NPF
Re: Stolen Babies Reunited With Parents In Imo by pheyikemi: 7:56am On Aug 16, 2014
They were stolen few hours after they were born, and now they are 2weeks old, how will each parent know their pikin, cos I can't read where NPF carried out DNA test to know which baby belongs.
Re: Stolen Babies Reunited With Parents In Imo by gbaskiboy: 7:59am On Aug 16, 2014
Thanks naija police force, can you put more effort and go to Sambisa forest to bring back our abducted girls so as to be reunited with their parents
Re: Stolen Babies Reunited With Parents In Imo by Jaideyone(m): 8:00am On Aug 16, 2014
south east: home of baby thieves and baby factories cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Stolen Babies Reunited With Parents In Imo by VantagePoint: 8:02am On Aug 16, 2014
Tribal e-warriors getting set to fight ..
*Goes to stadium to watch them with bottle of claro and some dongoyaro*
Re: Stolen Babies Reunited With Parents In Imo by Descartes: 8:04am On Aug 16, 2014
VantagePoint: Tribal e-warriors getting set to fight ..
*Goes to stadium to watch with bottle of claro and some dongoyaro*
Am still at the sideline for the showdown grin grin
Re: Stolen Babies Reunited With Parents In Imo by Nobody: 8:06am On Aug 16, 2014
hominem animam suam..man is his own enemy...

very cruel of them...kidnapping hours old babies

modestdude: Man's inhumanity to man, i remember that latin adage back then in the seminary "homo lupi homine est" (man is wolf to man) which makes me to wonder if God really created man in His own image? Because man as he was and as he is now does not have a pinch of love which God is. If not for the social contract, man could have fallen to the level of Animals beasts, coz animals dont eat/hurt their kind.

Imo my Imo, my people my people.....unu okuola nkwu?

my Catholic brother.. your latin still goodsmiley

1 Like

Re: Stolen Babies Reunited With Parents In Imo by Nobody: 8:09am On Aug 16, 2014
Jaideyone: south east: home of baby thieves and baby factories cheesy

can u finish this fight u just started

(1) (2) (Reply)

Security Agencies Flogging Nigerians In Traffic: Legally Right Or Wrong? / Fuelless Generator For Sale Scam / OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.