Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,980 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:05 AM

Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary - Forum Games (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Forum Games / Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary (25991 Views)

Drop A Seven Lettered Word And We'll Make Three New Words From It. / WORD GAME:::: Form A Word With Any Place In The World With The Last Letter / WORD GAME: Write An English Word That Starts With 't' And Ends With 't' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by tysonnn(m): 11:00pm On Sep 04, 2014
Xtarxhyne: not in my dico o..
sorry dear, my bad! I can't find it either But i've seen it before.
It means people who live the lifestyle of the ancient men!

This is confirm

jocular cool
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Nobody: 11:06pm On Sep 04, 2014
tysonnn:
sorry dear, my bad! I can't find it either But i've seen it before.
It means people who live the lifestyle of the ancient men!

This is confirm

jocular cool
troglodytes undecided

humerous
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Nobody: 11:10pm On Sep 04, 2014
troche
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by tysonnn(m): 11:11pm On Sep 04, 2014
Xtarxhyne: troglodytes undecided

humerous
you solved the puzzle smiley
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Nobody: 11:12pm On Sep 04, 2014
tysonnn:
you solved the puzzle smiley
tongue
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by tysonnn(m): 11:14pm On Sep 04, 2014
Xtarxhyne: troche
you mean trochee? A sound unit in poetry

bonny
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Nobody: 11:20pm On Sep 04, 2014
tysonnn:
you mean trochee? A sound unit in poetry

bonny
wrong ...troche
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by tysonnn(m): 11:31pm On Sep 04, 2014
Xtarxhyne: wrong ...troche
shocked..... Not in my dico
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Nobody: 11:34pm On Sep 04, 2014
tysonnn:
shocked..... Not in my dico
a cough drop..lozenge tongue
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by tysonnn(m): 11:45pm On Sep 04, 2014
Xtarxhyne: a cough drop..lozenge tongue
angry

codeine
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Nobody: 11:48pm On Sep 04, 2014
tysonnn:
angry

codeine
drug lipsrsealed

codicil
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by LogoDWhiz(m): 10:44am On Sep 05, 2014
Xtarxhyne: drug lipsrsealed

codicil

Something related to a will.

Whiz
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Nobody: 12:21pm On Sep 05, 2014
LogoDWhiz:

Something related to a will.

Whiz
rush or move swiftly

whiggamore
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by cooljoe(m): 12:31pm On Sep 05, 2014
If wat I remba from my family law nd legal drafting days, is anyfin to go by, a codicil is a document dat is used to explain d ambiguous parts of a will or samfin lyk dat #cantweallywemeba. My word for d day - SERENDIPITY
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by destinysaid(m): 4:12pm On Sep 05, 2014
all these words be popping a persons head o, oya find this one zeitgeisty, found it a couple of days back, some friends showing off their "English"
SERENDIPITY-kind of like a pleasant suprise
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Nobody: 5:02pm On Sep 05, 2014
Iffy
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by LogoDWhiz(m): 5:33pm On Sep 05, 2014
Xtarxhyne: rush or move swiftly

whiggamore

that isnt the meaning o.
Guess u didnt check d dico
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Nobody: 7:42pm On Sep 05, 2014
LogoDWhiz:

that isnt the meaning o.
Guess u didnt check d dico
d word z ambiguous na....I checked d dico
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by LogoDWhiz(m): 8:05pm On Sep 05, 2014
Xtarxhyne: d word z ambiguous na....I checked d dico

Okay.

Check whizz
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Nobody: 8:09pm On Sep 05, 2014
LogoDWhiz:

Okay.

Check whizz
move quickly through air
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by LogoDWhiz(m): 8:15pm On Sep 05, 2014
Xtarxhyne: move quickly through air

Okay.. Now I see where u missed it up.

U used Google dico right?

The word Whiz is a noun not a verb in this context

As a verb it means moving quickly through the air with a whistling or whooshing sound.

But as a noun which I really mean, it means a person who is extremely clever at something. (Informal)
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Nobody: 8:19pm On Sep 05, 2014
LogoDWhiz:

Okay.. Now I see where u missed it up.

U used Google dico right?

The word Whiz is a noun not a verb in this context

As a verb it means moving quickly through the air with a whistling or whooshing sound.

But as a noun which I really mean, it means a person who is extremely clever at something. (Informal)
I checked my dico for whiz bt Google for whizz
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by LogoDWhiz(m): 8:24pm On Sep 05, 2014
Xtarxhyne: I checked my dico for whiz bt Google for whizz

Okay..

Nice. wink
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by oluFELAxy(m): 1:21am On Sep 06, 2014
Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Daniel2802(m): 3:59pm On Sep 06, 2014
oluFELAxy: Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis

A disease gotten
from inhalation of
diminative particles
of silica or quartz

Mine is bastardize
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by geoworldedu: 7:50pm On Sep 06, 2014
Do you want to be banned from Nairaland for 24hrs. Then try this word:

Hydro+pus = ?
Write the answer successfully and get banned automatically. Try it if you are not afraid.
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Tymax(m): 10:24am On Sep 09, 2014
Daniel2802:

A disease gotten
from inhalation of
diminative particles
of silica or quartz

Mine is bastardize
Bastardize: to adulterate, currupt, or cause something to lose worth/value.

Masticate

1 Like

Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by MabraO: 11:36am On Sep 09, 2014
Tymax:
Bastardize: to adulterate, currupt, or cause something to lose worth/value.

Masticate

Masticate: is a process by which food is crushed or grounded by teeth. It is also the first stage if digestion

Fahranjoh

1 Like

Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by zizytd(m): 7:12am On Sep 10, 2014
Fahranjoh doesn't exist.
Mine is kamikaze.
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Nobody: 2:55pm On Sep 10, 2014
...Sonata
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Tymax(m): 3:22pm On Sep 10, 2014
Sonata: a composition for an instrumental soloist, often with a piano accompaniment, typically in several movements.

Cantata

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Optical Illusions- How Smart Are You? / Introduce Yourself With Something That Almost Killed You / Bible Quiz Game

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.