Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,492 members, 7,781,478 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:13 PM

Nigerians Are Giving Up On Android, Want Their Blackberry Back - Phones (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nigerians Are Giving Up On Android, Want Their Blackberry Back (53232 Views)

How Airtel Actually Charges Android Users On Their Blackberry Data Plans / Glo Explains Why They Slashed Their Blackberry Plan To ₦899.for 3GB / Why Are Many People Selling Or Dumping Their Blackberry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Are Giving Up On Android, Want Their Blackberry Back by promise46(m): 3:17pm On Aug 17, 2014
Please how many GB does MTN give for blackberry subscription?
Re: Nigerians Are Giving Up On Android, Want Their Blackberry Back by Everfrank(m): 3:44pm On Aug 17, 2014
I have already made up my mind to dump my Techno Phantom for BB Z10. I spend up to N6000 monthly on etisalat data. Am tired
Re: Nigerians Are Giving Up On Android, Want Their Blackberry Back by Nobody: 6:53pm On Aug 17, 2014
3coins: wanna enjoy android?? get spectranet....simple

wtf is spectranet?
Re: Nigerians Are Giving Up On Android, Want Their Blackberry Back by drololaaof: 3:55am On Aug 18, 2014
It's true the high cost of Internet on Android. I wish the providers review the cost I have remove my airtel line 4m phone
Re: Nigerians Are Giving Up On Android, Want Their Blackberry Back by thomasdareal(m): 4:07am On Aug 18, 2014
creamylicious: my brother....... You can help a sister get a better job oooooo
I got a job for u,the job is to marry me.no more work full housewife and d salary is attractive.are u taking or not..LOL
Re: Nigerians Are Giving Up On Android, Want Their Blackberry Back by creamylicious(f): 6:59am On Aug 18, 2014
thomasdareal: I got a job for u,the job is to marry me.no more work full housewife and d salary is attractive.are u taking or not..LOL
let's bargain jooor. 'the salary is attractive' does not whao!! Me
Re: Nigerians Are Giving Up On Android, Want Their Blackberry Back by akwunmi(m): 8:09am On Aug 18, 2014
Android 4lyfe....bb na baby's toy n not 4 tecki guyz......
Re: Nigerians Are Giving Up On Android, Want Their Blackberry Back by seunoni34(m): 8:43am On Aug 18, 2014
jbc2u:

pls wat network??
glo
Re: Nigerians Are Giving Up On Android, Want Their Blackberry Back by Nobody: 11:02am On Aug 18, 2014
Get Twitter and Instagram instant followers. Facebook page likes. No need to follow back. Its that easy! http://skylnk.co/kHPTWh
Re: Nigerians Are Giving Up On Android, Want Their Blackberry Back by chipet67(m): 6:48pm On Aug 18, 2014
That one na for una wey dey use android and bb na. Team asha jare
Re: Nigerians Are Giving Up On Android, Want Their Blackberry Back by Nobody: 7:47pm On Aug 18, 2014
I remember back in the day, when owning a blackberry phone meant you have arrived...shh is turning into blockbuster.
Re: Nigerians Are Giving Up On Android, Want Their Blackberry Back by baseg25(m): 9:27pm On Aug 18, 2014
chipet67: That one na for una wey dey use android and bb na. Team asha jare
lol
Re: Nigerians Are Giving Up On Android, Want Their Blackberry Back by thomasdareal(m): 9:30pm On Aug 18, 2014
creamylicious: let's bargain jooor. 'the salary is attractive' does not whao!! Me
I start with 150k per month.
Re: Nigerians Are Giving Up On Android, Want Their Blackberry Back by jpphilips(m): 5:15am On Aug 19, 2014
packer042: Bb for live. Android won kill person for this country

The truth is this most Nigerians dont know how to use an android device.
Except you play around you tube, I dont see why your data shouldn't be enough.
Even the people who made the phone encourage you to use some apps on wifi, but the ave. Nigerian is allergic to instructions let alone keeping to them.

I cant say for froyo but for jellybean and above, it comes with a data meter where you can check who is consuming what.

Those live updates, bbc news app, Cnn, soccer, whether, world clock, Facebook, Twitter have you bothered to ask where the updates are coming from?

You dont need to uninstall them but you can turn off the notification and update off. If you wish to get the news, go to the app, once you are done, it goes back to sleep.

some people complain they sleep and wake with their data gone, there are apps with automatic update on, you must turn it off, even play store apps do update, sometimes you see notifications popping up thats your data going.

Automatic software upgrade too is another culprit.
Has anyone bothered to check what the data consumption of your browser is?
there are browsers that compress data, some don't. You can reduce the picture quality on your browser and still get a good feel of your browsing experience.
look for a browser that compresses data,
Turn off fast dormancy if you are using MTN.

I use wifi most times so I don't bother so much.

You guys should think of how to solve your problems not whining over them.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Giving Up On Android, Want Their Blackberry Back by donhils: 8:59pm On Aug 19, 2014
kayustones: BlackBerry can never do one-tenth of what android phones do. Take it or leave it.
If u want to prove me otherwise, please go ahead.
Like what what and what can androids do that bb can't do one tenth of it?
Re: Nigerians Are Giving Up On Android, Want Their Blackberry Back by Nobody: 1:48am On Aug 20, 2014
Cutesexy1: how do i go abt d subscription,and some folks are saying the normal BB subscription wouldnt work on Z10
works on mine, use normal glo sub, comonth 1k
Re: Nigerians Are Giving Up On Android, Want Their Blackberry Back by baseg25(m): 5:34am On Aug 20, 2014
As the op of this post please read my latest post on Nl
"Amazing Things About Google’s Self-Driving Car [Infographic]"

https://www.nairaland.com/1865259/amazing-things-googles-self-driving-car#25615983
Re: Nigerians Are Giving Up On Android, Want Their Blackberry Back by rotwailler(m): 7:06am On Aug 20, 2014
New blackberry 9900 going for 30k..with accessories...just 2 left.

Call or sms 07066586998
Re: Nigerians Are Giving Up On Android, Want Their Blackberry Back by econome(m): 11:32am On Aug 21, 2014
Tecn* that's the brand I will never put my kobo on..I use Htc one X..

baseg25: if nt for tecno, you wont be talking like this.
Re: Nigerians Are Giving Up On Android, Want Their Blackberry Back by gustav25: 1:02pm On Aug 21, 2014
donhils:
Like what what and what can androids do that bb can't do one tenth of it?
like killing u
Re: Nigerians Are Giving Up On Android, Want Their Blackberry Back by donhils: 7:24pm On Aug 21, 2014
gustav25: like killing u
You see? You guys just talk. You can't even mention one thing but killing you.
Re: Nigerians Are Giving Up On Android, Want Their Blackberry Back by GaryTse: 7:36am On Aug 22, 2014
chrisviral: Front page tinz grin

Team BB10
Are you bothered with too many mobile explosion screen send by your customers? Are you worried about too much complain for a flaw of the repaired screen? Are you ready to get much more money in business? Now, God opens the door for you! Have you heard of Industrial Revolution? KO is the leader in the “revolution” of mobile explosion screen repair. Cuz KO is a high-tech machine specialized in explosion screen repair. It can repair explosion screen in several minutes with an ease. What’s matters is that it’s so cheap to get a KO machine. One more thing, it can help you earn doubles everyday.
Contact us:
Email:Krystal@ajt-mail.com  
Tel:+86 0137 6022 4420
Re: Nigerians Are Giving Up On Android, Want Their Blackberry Back by gustav25: 8:16am On Aug 22, 2014
donhils:
You see? You guys just talk. You can't even mention one thing but killing you.
goat,u asked for one thing and that i gave to you
Re: Nigerians Are Giving Up On Android, Want Their Blackberry Back by cotzywitzy(m): 11:57am On Aug 22, 2014
baseg25: That android sub 2 much jawe.. Although am the op ,buh still support of bb.. Even obama use Bb.

President Obama considers
ditching his BlackBerry for
a Samsung or LG
www.theguardian.com/world/2014/mar/21/obama-considers-ditching-backberry-smartphone-samsung-lg
Re: Nigerians Are Giving Up On Android, Want Their Blackberry Back by cotzywitzy(m): 12:00pm On Aug 22, 2014
DJDOLA: Blackberry still remain d best....android users can only pretend but in there mind they no that they are missing

Barack Obama can’t have
an iPhone 'for security
reasons'
The first US president to use email is banned
from having an iPhone - forced instead to use
a Blackberry limited to 10 people

www.theguardian.com/technology/2013/dec/05/barack-obama-cant-have-an-iphone-security-blackberry
Re: Nigerians Are Giving Up On Android, Want Their Blackberry Back by Baroba(m): 4:13pm On Aug 22, 2014
gustav25: only in Nigeria will bb be better in terms of data .....over in the west the have droid plans of upto 100gig per month for a little amount .

Its sad, these companies are reaping Nigerians off, I understand the red tape in doing business in Naija, still doesn't justify the astronomical cost of data back phone.

In England I pay less than 3k monthly for unlimited 4g data, unlimited texting, 3000 minutes to call peeps on similar network and 600 mins cross network. If you bargain hard you will even get a cheap android phone like moto E thrown in for free..
Re: Nigerians Are Giving Up On Android, Want Their Blackberry Back by thomasdareal(m): 5:56pm On Aug 22, 2014
Bootybuttchic: is it not after u tell me the code i can get mb to install undecided grin
big ass girl.
Re: Nigerians Are Giving Up On Android, Want Their Blackberry Back by thomasdareal(m): 6:01pm On Aug 22, 2014
@Djdola android user are just pretending,they are suffering and smiling.BB is affordable for Africans,is even d phone for Africans were everybody is not equal.don't quote me o because am among d first people that use Andriod phone.
Re: Nigerians Are Giving Up On Android, Want Their Blackberry Back by DJDOLA(m): 6:11pm On Aug 22, 2014
thomasdareal: @Djdola android user are just pretending,they are suffering and smiling.BB is affordable for Africans,is even d phone for Africans were everybody is not equal.don't quote me o because am among d first people that use Andriod phone.
ahahaha...that watsup my brother
Re: Nigerians Are Giving Up On Android, Want Their Blackberry Back by encryptjay(m): 9:23pm On Aug 22, 2014
cotzywitzy:

President Obama considers
ditching his BlackBerry for
a Samsung or LG
www.theguardian.com/world/2014/mar/21/obama-considers-ditching-backberry-smartphone-samsung-lg
It's cos of security...
Re: Nigerians Are Giving Up On Android, Want Their Blackberry Back by encryptjay(m): 9:29pm On Aug 22, 2014
This thread is poo. BB that was almost finished before they started dropping their BB10 series. Tell us why a Blackberry Z10(not only Z10) is running Android apps. They were almost dead. Why was BBM released for Android? These are stuffs you should consider. The only thing is data but still data is not a problem. Airtel have brought Airtel plan. Other network will follow. Think BB users...
Re: Nigerians Are Giving Up On Android, Want Their Blackberry Back by thomasdareal(m): 11:52am On Aug 23, 2014
encryptjay: This thread is poo. BB that was almost finished before they started dropping their BB10 series. Tell us why a Blackberry Z10(not only Z10) is running Android apps. They were almost dead. Why was BBM released for Android? These are stuffs you should consider. The only thing is data but still data is not a problem. Airtel have brought Airtel plan. Other network will follow. Think BB users...
is a matter of choice bro,some ppl still like BB.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

List Of Cheap Android Tablets In Nigeria / GLO's TGIF Bundle, Weekend Data Plan - 3GB For #500 / DO NOT POST ADVERTS IN THIS SECTION !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.