Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,289 members, 7,780,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:49 PM

Am I Suffering From Acute Memory Loss Or Forgetfulness? - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Am I Suffering From Acute Memory Loss Or Forgetfulness? (9501 Views)

Help On Memory Loss / Am i suffering from typhoid or what?ur advice is needed / Acute Waist Pain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am I Suffering From Acute Memory Loss Or Forgetfulness? by adexsimply(m): 8:05pm On Oct 05, 2014
Caracta:
For the past few months, i notice i forget things easily. I find it difficult to remember certain recent events. I forget things committed to memory. I read two chapters of a book and forget what the first chapter was about. I see a phrase, ask me about it in 40 seconds and i can't remember.

It's alarming. Someone copied a phrase from one of my write-ups and acknowledged me as the writer but i had to deny writing the piece until he showed me where i had written it. I was like, "did i write that?"

I checked into a clinic and one of the nurses scared me by saying it could be as a result of a growing tumor (without any test or scan).

What do you think i'm suffering from? Has anybody experienced this? Do you think it could be a tumor?

(I just hope i won't forget this thread in few minutes)

cry
Me too..
Re: Am I Suffering From Acute Memory Loss Or Forgetfulness? by Caracta(f): 8:32pm On Oct 05, 2014
adexsimply:

Me too..

Lol.
Re: Am I Suffering From Acute Memory Loss Or Forgetfulness? by adexsimply(m): 9:05pm On Oct 05, 2014
Caracta:

Lol.
Yup..dunno if you still experience it. I'd advice you to take a break(someone must have suggested that to you) and take your mind off every worry. That worked for me until I went back to my old habits, I'm now finding ways of coping with it because I realized it has its own advantages cool
Re: Am I Suffering From Acute Memory Loss Or Forgetfulness? by Caracta(f): 10:03pm On Oct 05, 2014
adexsimply:
Yup..dunno if you still experience it. I'd advice you to take a break(someone must have suggested that to you) and take your mind off every worry. That worked for me until I went back to my old habits, I'm now finding ways of coping with it because I realized it has it's own advantages cool

Yeah I finally found a way to take breaks whenever. It's working. The disadvantages outweigh the advantages. Get rid of those habits.
Re: Am I Suffering From Acute Memory Loss Or Forgetfulness? by Craigston: 11:37pm On Jan 16, 2015
ihedinobi2:
@JonBee1, quite right. I knew that my sleep, eating and work habits were contributing to the trouble but I never quite saw it this clearly. I typically sleep very late and wake very early and when I'm not worrying my head off, I'm thinking furiously. I generally am always "on" if you know what I mean. And I eat very poorly. When I'm not nibbling, I generally am not eating at all. How I manage to stay healthy with all that is a miracle.

Whenever I get back on the wagon (sleeping relatively early and for six hours, at least) and eating correctly, I do better all round. But sometimes the wagon is a luxury for me.
I think this is my problem now. I can't believe I forgot all I studied. I can study and understand well but after that, please spare me the task of remembering those constants, or those quotes. Memorization has always been my problem. And these days I've been having sudden pains (though slight and sharp) in my head. Sometimes it seems my head's just full.
Re: Am I Suffering From Acute Memory Loss Or Forgetfulness? by CrazyMan(m): 2:29pm On Jan 25, 2015
Cara how's your health...any improvement?

Please come and give us feed back o!n
Re: Am I Suffering From Acute Memory Loss Or Forgetfulness? by Caracta(f): 3:56pm On Jan 25, 2015
CrazyMan:
Cara how's your health...any improvement?

Please come and give us feed back o!n

Awww. Thanks. I feel much better actually. It was stress after all. Now I worry less and sleep as much as I can (now that's a lie).

I remembered where my brother packed his car after church. And I was like "wow"! Really, I'm good now. And I'll get better. Thank you so much.

2 Likes

Re: Am I Suffering From Acute Memory Loss Or Forgetfulness? by CrazyMan(m): 4:48pm On Jan 25, 2015
Caracta:

Awww. Thanks. I feel much better actually. It was stress after all. Now I worry less and sleep as much as I can (now that's a lie).

I remembered where my brother packed his car after church. And I was like "wow"! Really, I'm good now. And I'll get better. Thank you so much.
Good to hear...so I can relax knowing fully well that you'll remember every bit of this message I sent right? smiley
Re: Am I Suffering From Acute Memory Loss Or Forgetfulness? by Caracta(f): 4:55pm On Jan 25, 2015
CrazyMan:

Good to hear...so I can relax knowing fully well that you'll remember every bit of this message I sent right? smiley

Haba! Why not? You want me to recite your words with my eyes closed? tongue
Re: Am I Suffering From Acute Memory Loss Or Forgetfulness? by CrazyMan(m): 5:06pm On Jan 25, 2015
Caracta:

Haba! Why not? You want me to recite your words with my eyes closed? tongue
Alright...give it a shot, I'm watching...don't disappoint o! tongue grin

1 Like

Re: Am I Suffering From Acute Memory Loss Or Forgetfulness? by Caracta(f): 7:21pm On Jan 25, 2015
CrazyMan:

Alright...give it a shot, I'm watching...don't disappoint o! tongue grin

I could just copy and paste right? tongue

1 Like

Re: Am I Suffering From Acute Memory Loss Or Forgetfulness? by CrazyMan(m): 11:41pm On Jan 25, 2015
Caracta:

I could just copy and paste right? tongue
Sure anything would be accepted provided that your eyes were closed when you typed copied and pasted it. tongue
Re: Am I Suffering From Acute Memory Loss Or Forgetfulness? by Caracta(f): 6:33am On Jan 26, 2015
CrazyMan:

Sure anything would be accepted provided that your eyes were closed when you typed copied and pasted it. tongue

Lol. I'll pass.

2 Likes

Re: Am I Suffering From Acute Memory Loss Or Forgetfulness? by agabaI23(m): 12:20pm On May 02, 2015
Rest
Brain work out
Play lumosity game.
Will revive things for you

2 Likes

Re: Am I Suffering From Acute Memory Loss Or Forgetfulness? by Nobody: 11:38am On May 19, 2015
Caracta:
For the past few months, i notice i forget things easily. I find it difficult to remember certain recent events. I forget things committed to memory. I read two chapters of a book and forget what the first chapter was about. I see a phrase, ask me about it in 40 seconds and i can't remember.

It's alarming. Someone copied a phrase from one of my write-ups and acknowledged me as the writer but i had to deny writing the piece until he showed me where i had written it. I was like, "did i write that?"

I checked into a clinic and one of the nurses scared me by saying it could be as a result of a growing tumor (without any test or scan).

What do you think i'm suffering from? Has anybody experienced this? Do you think it could be a tumor?

cry

do you smoke weed or skunk. its a side effect of smoking
Re: Am I Suffering From Acute Memory Loss Or Forgetfulness? by tforever(m): 5:24pm On May 19, 2015
Caracta:

cry
lol how old are you?
Re: Am I Suffering From Acute Memory Loss Or Forgetfulness? by tforever(m): 5:27pm On May 19, 2015
LogoDWhiz:

hello.. please, i have thesame problem with the op, i do forget things easily.

and i have a dental problem, what could be the cause?
. Hello I will need to see you in person if you are in Lagos.. My wellness consultant can be of help.stay blessed.
Re: Am I Suffering From Acute Memory Loss Or Forgetfulness? by LogoDWhiz(m): 5:44pm On May 19, 2015
tforever:
. Hello I will need to see you in person if you are in Lagos.. My wellness consultant can be of help.stay blessed.

Wellness consultant?
What's that?
Re: Am I Suffering From Acute Memory Loss Or Forgetfulness? by tforever(m): 5:49pm On May 19, 2015
LogoDWhiz:

Wellness consultant?
What's that?
that's someone who specializes in health management. He can help you out with your issue.
Re: Am I Suffering From Acute Memory Loss Or Forgetfulness? by LogoDWhiz(m): 5:59pm On May 19, 2015
tforever:
that's someone who specializes in health management. He can help you out with your issue.

Ohh! Okay.

But, unfortunately I'm not in Lagos!

Thanks tho.

But u can still give e-advice
Re: Am I Suffering From Acute Memory Loss Or Forgetfulness? by tforever(m): 6:08pm On May 19, 2015
LogoDWhiz:

Ohh! Okay.

But, unfortunately I'm not in Lagos!

Thanks tho.

But u can still give e-advice
for your dental problem you didn't state the issue...
Re: Am I Suffering From Acute Memory Loss Or Forgetfulness? by LogoDWhiz(m): 6:13pm On May 19, 2015
tforever:
for your dental problem you didn't state the issue...

Broken tooth
Re: Am I Suffering From Acute Memory Loss Or Forgetfulness? by tforever(m): 8:06pm On May 19, 2015
LogoDWhiz:

Broken tooth
hmm from an accident?
Re: Am I Suffering From Acute Memory Loss Or Forgetfulness? by LogoDWhiz(m): 9:15pm On May 19, 2015
tforever:
hmm from an accident?
Yeah. Kinda.
Still pains me.
Wish I can just remove it
Re: Am I Suffering From Acute Memory Loss Or Forgetfulness? by tforever(m): 7:14am On May 20, 2015
LogoDWhiz:

Yeah. Kinda.

Still pains me.

Wish I can just remove it
I suggest you should remove it if it causes pain
Re: Am I Suffering From Acute Memory Loss Or Forgetfulness? by LogoDWhiz(m): 7:02pm On May 20, 2015
tforever:
I suggest you should remove it if it causes pain

Hmm.

Do u av an idea on the complications involved?

Can I get a new one fixed?

Cost?
Re: Am I Suffering From Acute Memory Loss Or Forgetfulness? by tforever(m): 7:23pm On May 20, 2015
LogoDWhiz:

Hmm.

Do u av an idea on the complications involved?

Can I get a new one fixed?

Cost?
not really but don't you have any dental hospital near you.
Re: Am I Suffering From Acute Memory Loss Or Forgetfulness? by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jul 19, 2015
Caracta:

cry

I'm having same issue lately, I feel bad about it. I lose memory of what I read, name, faces, physical appearance of people, their dress colour or pattern. I forget figures and scenes. I find this disturbing. What have you done about your forgetfulness (pardon my speech).
Re: Am I Suffering From Acute Memory Loss Or Forgetfulness? by Caracta(f): 8:29pm On Jul 19, 2015
lomomike:

I'm having same issue lately, I feel bad about it. I lose memory of what I read, name, faces, physical appearance of people, their dress colour or pattern. I forget figures and scenes. I find this disturbing. What have you done about your forgetfulness (pardon my speech).

Rest as much as you can. That helped me. And I stopped getting worried about many things. I simply LIVE.

I had to stop socializing too so I could have ME-time. I was selfish with my time and stayed away from social media. Sleep and movies became my companion.

It's simple. Just live...and watch things fall in place.

I'm not there yet but it's only a matter of time.
Re: Am I Suffering From Acute Memory Loss Or Forgetfulness? by Asito(m): 2:52am On Jul 20, 2015
Caracta:

cheesy

Thank you all.
dear caracta, it is from the depth of my heart that I pour overflowing gratitude to whatsoever God accountable for your creation. I just read some of your write ups (your diary to be specific) and tapped from your undying resilience towards the sport of writing. It is the likes of you and gifted supernaturals like mynd, repo etc. to mention but a few, that inspire lost young dreamers like myself to never give up hope. Tonight you have rekindled a lost flame. You have awoken a slumbering dreamer. Basically this is a thank you message from a big fan of your essence. Keep doing what you do madame, I love you. PS: those boys are lucky to have you in their lives.
Re: Am I Suffering From Acute Memory Loss Or Forgetfulness? by Caracta(f): 3:24am On Jul 20, 2015
@Asito, you need to see how I'm blushing in different shades and colours this odd hour.

What can I say? THANK YOU! I'll hold those words dear to my heart. Thank you so much.

1 Like

Re: Am I Suffering From Acute Memory Loss Or Forgetfulness? by Mynd44: 6:13am On Jul 20, 2015
Asito:
It is the likes of you and gifted supernaturals like mynd, repo
Please, washing me is not permitted. tongue

As for Caracta, I will like to be like her when I grow up

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Picture Of Aninfection Caused By Tatoo / Slim Tea Nigeria Is The Best Fat Burner / World Pharmacy Day: Simplifying Your Medicines Use, No Matter How Complex.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.