Stats: 3,149,725 members, 7,805,969 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:27 AM

Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » (49634 Views)

Mbaka, Catholic And Politics: Nigerian Tweets Interesting Facts / Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? / What's Your Favourite Verse(s)/chapter(s) In The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by cold(m): 6:59am On Aug 17, 2014
Your guide to studying the bible. You can either use the color code method or....

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by GodMode: 6:59am On Aug 17, 2014
ideepaul:
Why has science forced evolution to be a theory?...last I checked,scientific theories need to be tested scientifically and proven,has evolution done that?
Evolution is a belief in things you can't prove and so is Religion.
You want to believe in science! explain the basic concept of life!
Have you ever wondered on why the bible arranged the controversial 7 day creation theory the way it is?have you also checked carbon dating to see how it shows the same pattern of arrangement
BIBLE GIVING SOME FOOLS HEADACHE SINCE 350BC

Science is the art of using the brain the create things. The creator is a scientist.
Religion is man made... It seems your bible is giving u headache...
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by ayowole21(m): 7:00am On Aug 17, 2014
alcuin: A book of fables. How can someone believe in the tower of babel? If God was so pissed with men that sought to build a structure to reach the sky, I wonder what he will do modern space scientist.

The world was flooded in 40 days by rain? Today rain falls for over 100 days in some pacific islands.

Virgin birth Now seriously, if ur wife approaches u today and tells u that she's pregnant by the power of the Holy Spirit, would u believe.

How can a reasonable person believe in a book whose writers never saw what are writing about. Paul never saw Jesus. Matthew, John, Mark, Luke are pen names of unknown writers.

Pauls case is more interesting. Can u imagine Adolf Hitler after killing millions of Jews, taking a stroll to Berlin and said he has changed and started writing Jewish scriptures and expect the Jews to take me seriously?

Let me stop here
you must be an atheist. by their fruit you shall know them
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by GodMode: 7:00am On Aug 17, 2014
DonaldGenes:

Lmao! This boy, youd brain need real formatting

So, the creator is who? Your papa abi

Go and sleep

The creator is the creator.
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by cold(m): 7:02am On Aug 17, 2014
You could cherry-pick. Even better still,just get the Cherry picked edition

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by generatorrepair(m): 7:02am On Aug 17, 2014
Very interesting it really shows that i have not been reading bible with my eyes wide open.

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by Nobody: 7:02am On Aug 17, 2014
AlfaSeltzer: The bible is the first zombie book to be translated into more than 200 languages.
Nairaland zombie

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by stigman(m): 7:03am On Aug 17, 2014
GodMode: There is no god
(I know people are gonna quote "the fool says in his bla bla bla)...

If Africans were more focused on reality they will be better by now.
Religion is man made.

Why hasn't your god removed ebola from nigeria

You say there is no God but your name is GODMODE or is your own God different, don't be deceived by tecnology, I pray for you, jehovah almight change this young man, make him to know you in jesus name amen, my friend you will one day tell others that jesus saves and so shall it be in jesus name amen

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by cloudstar: 7:04am On Aug 17, 2014
GodMode:

The creator is not god.

Okay, who is the creator?

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by Toyex4real(m): 7:06am On Aug 17, 2014
†ђξ Living Word of God that renew my strength on daily basis.
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by cloudstar: 7:07am On Aug 17, 2014
GodMode:

The creator is the creator.

Okay. How do you know the creator?

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by haibe(m): 7:08am On Aug 17, 2014
tete7000: The strongest and wisest man in the bible is Jesus Christ himself. St. Paul in 1st Corinthians 1: 25-26 called him the wisdom and power of God. He then went on to say; 'For the foolishness of God is wiser than human wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than human strength.'
when questions like this arise, dont call Jesus because he obviously beat most record. In truth samson is the strongest man, context is the key to understanding.
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by Toks2008(m): 7:09am On Aug 17, 2014
Cool
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by cold(m): 7:10am On Aug 17, 2014
Kinda ironic that i'll be joining the missus to church today after years of desperate pleas,persuasion and subtle arm twisting. Just wondering what it would feel like..hmm hope i don't get to laugh out loud at some point. They might consider me possessed and in need of deliverance. Haa..i have to restrain myself and be on my best behaviour...hmmm
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by mrking3(m): 7:11am On Aug 17, 2014
chukwudi44: The Bible contains 73 books and not 66.The actual breakdown is 46 books in the old testament and 27 in the new testament.Please kindly correct that.

well, if you find such question in any examination and answer 73, don't blame anyone for your woes! You're the type that would say .. "They gave me F9" while you failed yourself! I Too Know Kills fast!!

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by GodMode: 7:13am On Aug 17, 2014
cloudstar:

Okay. How do you know the creator?

It(the creator) showed itself to me.
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by chinkichun: 7:13am On Aug 17, 2014
smiley interesting
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by ARico(m): 7:13am On Aug 17, 2014
God's great
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by GodMode: 7:15am On Aug 17, 2014
stigman:

You say there is no God but your name is GODMODE or is your own God different, don't be deceived by tecnology, I pray for you, jehovah almight change this young man, make him to know you in jesus name amen, my friend you will one day tell others that jesus saves and so shall it be in jesus name amen

That name means been in control. I hope that one day u realise who the creator and I hope it won't be at a bad time.
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by Rexyl(m): 7:16am On Aug 17, 2014
Lex11:

The salvation of our souls from destruction to the glory of The Holy God who made them.

Ephesians 5:26

in simple and clear term. This is what many don't care to give any attention. instead they will reason as if their end will be just like that of straw which get burnt rapidly on fire. No matter the preaching it wouldn't make any difference to them. their salvation will take the grace of God.

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by Donmichaelz(m): 7:18am On Aug 17, 2014
1Book:
You have absolutely made NO sense!...
Do you think everybody that insults christainity is a muslim?
I am not here to insult athiest Co's my Bible already called them a fool.. an insult is not enough for a fool

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by mrking3(m): 7:19am On Aug 17, 2014
GodMode: There is no god
(I know people are gonna quote "the fool says in his bla bla bla)...

If Africans were more focused on reality they will be better by now.
Religion is man made.

Why hasn't your god removed ebola from nigeria
you're not even an ATHEIST! You're more like a Frustrated Retarrrd go get a life bro !!! You think its by your power that you're still breathing uhh?

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by femi4: 7:20am On Aug 17, 2014
Missy89:

i am not a bros.

How can someone write a book with your name and claim they are facts decades after you die? and how are we sure they are accurate?
most of the new testament was written like 70-200 years after Jesus and the disciples died.

I do not like to concern myself about the spiritual aspect of the bible or books. I don't like arguing with Christians (it is usually not productive)
You are not spiritual, nothing will ever make sense or be productive to you!

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by cloudstar: 7:21am On Aug 17, 2014
GodMode:

It(the creator) showed itself to me.

Let me get this straight. You don't believe in the Christian concept of God and you deny it yet you believe in a 'creator' that only you know about?
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by GodMode: 7:23am On Aug 17, 2014
mrking3: you're not even an ATHEIST! You're more like a Frustrated Retarrrd go get a life bro !!! You think its by your power that you're still breathing uhh?

Its by my power.... I can hold my breath and can also breathe when I want to

The creator has given me such power.
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by SangoCrusader: 7:23am On Aug 17, 2014
God told the Israelites to slaughter all the Amalekites. Kill all men, women, children, animals and SUCKLING BABIES.

Any God that can do that is just as bad as Boko Haram.

Why do Christians always ignore this passage? It shows that God is wicked and vengeful and if I were not an atheist, I would rather follow Lucifer!

"Kill all sucking babies"... smh.
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by mu2sa2: 7:24am On Aug 17, 2014
Different groups have their own version of the bible. Catholics, orthodox, protestants, jw, and countless other denominations are each clutching a book they call the word of God. But the contents of these books aren't the same, and each group claims its own is authentic. Is it that their god says one thing in one version and contradict itself in another version? Or inspires people to lie and then compile it as "word of god".
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by tete7000(m): 7:25am On Aug 17, 2014
haibe: when questions like this arise, dont call Jesus because he obviously beat most record. In truth samson is the strongest man, context is the key to understanding.

I beg to disagree, Jesus lived as man, he lived in the flesh. He is both true man and God. People like Samson and Solomon are precursor to him. They existed to point to us, to make us look forward to that son of man who was to come and who would be our perfect example. They lived in the old testament we live in the new testament. In this new covenant no other must be our model other than Jesus, Son of the living God. St. Paul wrote that in the days past God spoke to our ancestor through the prophet, in our own time he spoke to us through his Son. Jesus is the author and finisher of our faith, our model example, the one whose perfection we must strive everyday of our lives to imitate. If He truly lives in us we can be wiser than Solomon and even be stronger than Samson for his strength is made perfect in our weakness.

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by Bigcake: 7:26am On Aug 17, 2014
alcuin: A book of fables. How can someone believe in the tower of babel? If God was so pissed with men that sought to build a structure to reach the sky, I wonder what he will do modern space scientist.

The world was flooded in 40 days by rain? Today rain falls for over 100 days in some pacific islands.

Virgin birth Now seriously, if ur wife approaches u today and tells u that she's pregnant by the power of the Holy Spirit, would u believe.

How can a reasonable person believe in a book whose writers never saw what are writing about. Paul never saw Jesus. Matthew, John, Mark, Luke are pen names of unknown writers.

Pauls case is more interesting. Can u imagine Adolf Hitler after killing millions of Jews, taking a stroll to Berlin and said he has changed and started writing Jewish scriptures and expect the Jews to take me seriously?

Let me stop here
Nebucanezza did more than this. Dont try God.

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by tamertery(m): 7:26am On Aug 17, 2014
Emmaxmusic: The trend is awesome repent now the endtime is near .u bettEr accept JESUS as ur personal Lord and saviour

. If I accept him nw as lord, wetin God hu u claim to b his father go cme B to me? I no c sense in havn 2 Gods o, cus, then I wunt b difrent frm IDOL worshippers wey gada plnty gods... So das d confusing thing here... Cus I c say most of wat JESUS do, if I can remember either ELIJAH or ELISHA do am too...
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by garrimallam: 7:27am On Aug 17, 2014
Youngsage: More!

Strongest, Wisest, Oldest, Tallest...

• The strongest and wisest men in the
Bible are: Samson and
Solomon, respectively.

• The tallest and biggest villain in the
Bible is Goliath whose height was
over 9 ½ feet.

• The greatest warrior in the Bible is
Gideon, who defeated 1,35, 000
Midianites along with 300 men and
300 trumpets under God's power.

• The oldest individual in the Bible
was Methuselah (Genesis 5:27),
who died at the age of 969!

• The oldest parable in the Bible is in
Judges 9: 8-15.

Did you know...

• Psalms 117, 118 and 119 are
chapters with special significance in
the Bible.
Apparently, Psalm 117 is
the shortest chapter in the Bible,
Psalm 118 is the central chapter of
the Bible and Psalm 119 is the
longest chapter in the Bible. It's a
hat-trick for the Psalms!

• 2 John and 3 John have the same
number of verses (13), however,
John 3 wins the title of the shortest
book due to its fewer number of
words.

• Ezra 7:21 contains all the letters of
the alphabet, except 'J' (In the New
King James Version).

• There is one chapter that is
repeated twice in the Bible: (Psalms
14 and Psalms 53) 'The fool says in
his heart, "there is no God." They
are corrupt, their deeds are vile;
there is no one who does good.'
However, they are not mirror
images of each other.

• The word 'God' appears 3,358 times
in the Bible.

• The two books, 'Songs of Solomon'
and 'Esther' have no mention of God
in them.

• The word "Christian" only appears
thrice in the Bible.

• Did you know the first baptism in
the Bible was conducted by Moses,
who used ox's blood to baptize the
people.

• The sheep is the most frequently
mentioned animal in the Bible.

• Did you know the only
domesticated animal not mentioned
in the Bible is the cat!

• The number of promises in the Bible
are 1,260.
How many have you
found? 1,260 promises to claim!

Wow!

•The phrase 'do not be afraid'
appears 365 times in the Bible, just
as the number of days in a year.
This phrase is not a suggestion but a
command. So as we live each day,
we know God has commanded us to
trust Him with all our heart and be
at rest!

• The first mention of prayer in the
Bible is in Genesis 4:26.

•The total number of questions in
the Bible is 3294.

•God's first question asked in the
Bible is 'Adam, Adam where are
you?" And God's question to us
today is still the same. He calls out
for his lost sheep. It is up to us to
turn back to Him.

These Bible fun facts actually test our
knowledge of the Bible. The Bible is a
storehouse of hidden treasures. All you
have to do is go and look for these
priceless treasures embedded in it. You
won't completely comprehend how
magnificent life under the sea is until
you dive into it. Similarly, you need to
read the Bible to understand how
profound it is!!!

That's a great work ,tnx[quote author=GodMode]
That name means been in control. I hope that one day u realise who the creator and I hope it won't be at a bad time.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Dr. Sign Fireman: Man Of God Or Man Of Money? (Video Documentary) / Sharon Oyakhilome And Phillip Frimpong Dance At Traditional Wedding (Video) / A Rejoinder On Why I Left Christ Embassy Church By Marchman

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60