Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,776 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:47 PM

Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » (49642 Views)

Mbaka, Catholic And Politics: Nigerian Tweets Interesting Facts / Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? / What's Your Favourite Verse(s)/chapter(s) In The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by Tunguy01(m): 8:34am On Aug 17, 2014
alcuin: A book of fables. How can someone believe in the tower of babel? If God was so pissed with men that sought to build a structure to reach the sky, I wonder what he will do modern space scientist.

The world was flooded in 40 days by rain? Today rain falls for over 100 days in some pacific islands.

Virgin birth Now seriously, if ur wife approaches u today and tells u that she's pregnant by the power of the Holy Spirit, would u believe.

How can a reasonable person believe in a book whose writers never saw what are writing about. Paul never saw Jesus. Matthew, John, Mark, Luke are pen names of unknown writers.

Pauls case is more interesting. Can u imagine Adolf Hitler after killing millions of Jews, taking a stroll to Berlin and said he has changed and started writing Jewish scriptures and expect the Jews to take me seriously?

Let me stop here
like seriously is dix hw u will leave 4 d rest of ur life ., am nt a big fan of d bible either bt I remember a particular verse dat says "my pple are destroyed for lack of knowledge" read hosea 4:6
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by malvisguy212: 8:36am On Aug 17, 2014
Missy89:

nothing specific . my heart is secular smiley
do you think you can bribe God with your good deed?
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by Nobody: 8:38am On Aug 17, 2014
Shocking contradictions in the bible:
In the New Testament, there are contradictions between the genealogies of Jesus given in the first chapter of Matthew and the third chapter of Luke. Both genealogies begin with Joseph. But Matthew says Joseph’s father was Jacob, while Luke claims he was Heli. Matthew lists 26 generations between Jesus and King David, whereas Luke records 41. Matthew runs Jesus’ line of descent through David’s son Solomon, while Luke has it going through David’s son Nathan.

2. The story of Jesus' birth is also contradictory. Matthew 2:13-15 depicts Joseph and Mary as fleeing to Egypt with the baby Jesus immediately after the wise men from the east had brought gifts. But Luke 2:22-40 claims that after the birth of Jesus, his parents remained in Bethlehem for the time of Mary’s purification (which was 40 days, under the Mosaic law). Afterwards, they brought Jesus to Jerusalem "to present him to the Lord," and then returned to their home in Nazareth. Luke mentions no journey into Egypt or visit by wise men from the east.

3. Concerning the death of Judas, the disloyal disciple, Matthew 27:5 states he took the money he had received for betraying Jesus, threw it down in the temple, and "went and hanged himself." To the contrary, Acts 1:18 claims Judas used the money to purchase a field and "falling headlong, he burst asunder in the midst, and all his bowels gushed out"
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by Nobody: 8:41am On Aug 17, 2014
more contradictions:

In describing Jesus being led to his execution, John 19:17 recounts that he carried his own cross. But Mark 15:21-23 disagrees by saying a man called Simon carried the cross.

5. As for the crucifixion, Matthew 27:44 tells us Jesus was taunted by both criminals who were being crucified with him. But Luke 23:39-43 relates that only one of the criminals taunted Jesus, the other criminal rebuked the one who was doing the taunting, and Jesus told the criminal who was defending him, "Today shalt thou be with me in paradise."

6. Regarding the last words of Jesus while on the cross, Matthew 27:46 and Mark 15:34 quote Jesus as crying with a loud voice, "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?" Luke 23:46 gives his final words as, "Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit." John 19:30 alleges the last words were, "It is finished."
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by SangoCrusader: 8:42am On Aug 17, 2014
cloudstar:

Any Christian that ignores any passage of the Bible no matter how difficult it is doesn't know their history or is simply ignorant. You question can be answered several ways. Before I do, I am aware that there are people (maybe yourself) that might take exceptions to what I have to say.

God didn’t confine His wrath to the Canaanites only. He proclaimed the death sentence upon the whole of humanity. We will all die because we have broken God’s Law. Every one of us is waiting on death row. Instead of standing in moral judgment over Almighty God, we need to judge ourselves according to the Law of God. We will find that we have a multitude of sins and therefore are deserving of punishment. Yet God, out of love, paid the penalty for our sin so we would not have to.

Moving forward, I will propose a question to you before doing justice to it. Here is my question - "If you were alive during the birth of Adolf Hitler and knew 110% that he would kill millions of innocent people and cause calamity on a global scale - what would you do?"

To answer your question, we have to refer to the Bible and the context of these events. Here is what the Bible said about the Israelites:

"It is not for your righteousness or for the uprightness of your heart that you are going to possess their land, but it is because of the wickedness of these nations that the LORD your God is driving them out before you, in order to confirm the oath which the LORD swore to your fathers, to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. (Deuteronomy 9:5)

Okay, how "wicked" could those people have been? How about killing their own sons and daughters by burning them in sacrifices to their gods.

"You shall not behave thus toward the LORD your God, for every abominable act which the LORD hates they have done for their gods; for they even burn their sons and daughters in the fire to their gods. (Deuteronomy 12:31)

Let us look at the character of God. Did God kill any innocent people along with the evil ones? When God was about to destroy the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah, Abraham asked God if He would destroy the cities if there were 50 righteous people in them. God said no. Then Abraham asked the same question if there were 45 righteous people. Every time he dropped the number and got the same answer. The fact is that God would not have destroyed those cities if there were any righteous people in them. The few righteous who were in those cities He warned ahead of time to get out.So, God does not destroy the righteous along with the evil - Please keep in mind the question I asked you about Adolf Hitler.

The Christian concept of God is that He can't and will not stand sin in any form. Just the way a judge would pass judgement for crime is the same way God passes judgement for sin. If critics like you would take the time to study the Bible and make an honest evaluation of the principles of God’s justice, wrath, and love, he would see the perfect and harmonious interplay between them. God’s vengeance is not like the impulsive, irrational, emotional outbursts of pagan deities or human beings. He is infinite in all His attributes and thus perfect in justice, love, and anger. Just as God’s ultimate and final condemnation of sinners to eternal punishment will be just and appropriate, so the temporal judgment of wicked people in the Old Testament was ethical and fair. We human beings do not have an accurate handle on the gravity of sin and the deplorable nature of evil and wickedness. Human sentimentality is hardly a qualified measuring stick for divine truth and spiritual reality.

How incredibly ironic that the atheist, the agnostic, the skeptic, and the liberal all attempt to stand in judgment upon the ethical behavior of God when, if one embraces their position, there is no such thing as an absolute, objective, authoritative standard by which to pronounce anything right or wrong. As the French existentialist philosopher, Sartre, admitted: “Everything is indeed permitted if God does not exist.... Nor...are we provided with any values or commands that could legitimize our behavior” (1961, p. 485). The atheist and agnostic have absolutely no platform on which to stand to make moral or ethical distinctions—except as the result of purely personal taste. The mere fact that they concede the existence of objective evil is an unwitting concession there is a God Who has established an absolute framework of moral judgments.

Those who disagree with God’s annihilation of the wicked in the Old Testament have the same liberal attitude that has come to prevail in America just in the last half century. That attitude has typically opposed capital punishment, as well as the corporal punishment of children. Such people simply cannot see the rightness of evildoers being punished by execution or physical pain. Nevertheless, their view is skewed—and the rest of us are being forced to live with the results of their warped thinking: undisciplined, out-of-control children are wreaking havoc on our society by perpetrating crime to historically, all-time high levels.

Those who reject the ethics of God’s destructive activity in the Old Testament, to be consistent, must reject Jesus and the New Testament. Over and over again, Jesus and the New Testament writers endorsed and defended such activity (e.g., Luke 13:1-9; 12:5; 17:29-32; 10:12; Hebrews 10:26-31). The Bible provides the only logical, sensible, meaningful, consistent explanation regarding the principles of retribution, punishment, and the conditions under which physical life may be extinguished.

This is my 2 cents on the matter

Your 2 cents or 2 million cents shocked.

I have read all you wrote this Sunday morning and none of it is relevant. I do not know why Christians like to use an incoherent and controversial bible to defend their religion. Can we just use common sense to discuss abeg because I am no longer Christian so quoting scriptures to me from a dubiously-compiled storybook in a debate is of little value.

Can you just answer this question please @cloudstar... is it ever justifiable to kill a suckling baby, regardless of how wicked it's parents were?
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by malvisguy212: 8:42am On Aug 17, 2014
publicenemy:

just like me cool cool...

i think its best cos religion is all about accepting loads of crap without asking questions and i am all about the questions.
religion is man reaching out for God, but christianity is the other way round, jesus say they kingdom come, meaning he bring the kingdom adam lost back to us,
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by Nobody: 8:43am On Aug 17, 2014
still more:

7. There are even contradictions in the accounts of the resurrection – the supposed event that is the very foundation of the Christian religion. Mark 16:2 states that on the day of the resurrection, certain women arrived at the tomb at the rising of the sun. But John 20:1 informs us they arrived when it was yet dark. Luke 24:2 describes the tomb as open when the women arrived, whereas Matthew 28:1-2 indicates it was closed. Mark 16:5 declares that the women saw a young man at the tomb, Luke 24:4 says they saw two men, Matthew 28:2 reports they saw an angel, and John 20:11-12 claims they saw two angels.

8. Also in the resurrection stories, there are contradictions as to the identity of the women who came to the tomb,[7] whether the men or angels the women saw were inside or outside the tomb,[8] whether the men or angels were standing or sitting,[9] and whether Mary Magdalene recognized the' risen' Jesus when he first appeared to her.

9. As a final example of a New Testament contradiction, the conflicting accounts of Paul’s conversion can be cited. Acts 9:7 states that when Jesus called Paul to preach the gospel, the men who were with Paul heard a voice but saw no man. According to Acts 22:9, however, the men saw a light but didn't hear the voice speaking to Paul.

Do christians still beleive that these contradictory accounts were all inspired by holy spirit?
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by malvisguy212: 8:48am On Aug 17, 2014
I would'av loved it if this teaching made frontpage mynd44.

the scripture make it clear that no one
know the day or the hour of christ
return.but the bible dos say that we can
know the time and season surrounding
his comin,you may be thinkin the usual
sayin like... So because disease and immorality are running rampant and
because there are wars and rumors of
war and we have had some few
earthquake that jesus is comin soon ?
Yeah we'dav heard all that before. But
after studying the bible I discover somtin interesting about the end of days. Pleas
read.
my theory about the end of days started
when I read a verse in isaiah 46. It say
that God declare the end from the
beginning. A similar verse was in isaiah48. This lead me to the creation
story in the book of genesis. As I study
the first chapter, I began to wonder, WHY
IT TOOK GOD SIX DAYS TO CREATE THIS
WORLD AND REST ON THE SEVENTH
DAY,WHY WOULD HE TAKE SIX DAYS WHEN HE COULD HAVE CREATED THE
WORLD IN ONE SECOND, IN THE BLINK OF
AN EYE?I started studying the word"day"
and days" I discover some interesting
passages that related to this. Maby God is
indicating to us how much time man would have on earth.this is the point, the
bible especially the old testament is full
of foreshadowing. An event that actually
happen in history, also picture somtin
comin in the future. An example is the
sacrifice of abraham and isaac, that even actually happen,and it was also a picture
of what God will do to his son jesus on
the cross as an offering for the sin of the
world. Now why will God take SIX days
to create the world? Is this a picture of
somtin we need to know? I think it is. In 2peter 3:8, the context was refferin to
the second comin of jesus christ,the bible
say that a one day with they Lord is as a
thousand years and a thousand year is
like a day. Psalm 90. A thousand year in
God sight is like yesterday.so could it be that the six days of creation were yo
indicate to us the time man will spend on
this earth would be about six thousand
years?...the seventh day of rest picturing
the thousand years millennia reign, when
christ come back to set up is kingdom, the time of righteousness and peace.bible
scholar have calculate from the first man
adam to the first comin of christ to be
4000years,if that is the case then we are
could have been living at the end of what
the new testament called THE LAST DAYS.now this is the issue.God deal with
time in the bible, when God measure
time He dose so by seven.....
1.God created the world in seven days,
with the seven day bein for REST.
2according to the old testament law,the jew were commanded to REST every
SEVEN days.
3.the seventh week after the passover,
they celebrated a big feast of REST.
4.the seventh month of were perhaps the
most important when they celebrated three of there biggest feast of REST.
5.every seventh year was the year of
REST for the land.
6.every 49years ,seven times seven, they
celebrated the year of jubilee, which is a
year of REST for the land and liberty for the people.so it made perfect sense to me
that God would set up a seven thousand
year period for man to occupy the earth,
with the last thousand year being a time
of REST when jesus come back to set up
his earthly kingdom, as spoken in revelation20.I was right when I say God
deal with time he dos so by seven.the
second coming of christ is the most
important day in God's calendar , he want
us yo know the timing .
Hose was a prophet in the old testament, in verse 6 of that book , hosea talk about
isreal, God chosen nation, who was
always rejecting God.the nation was goin
to be torn apart, but verse two say" after
two days will he revive us , the third day
he will raise us up and the we shall live in his sight"what dos this mean? When
jesus come isreal reject him as there
messiah , so God scatter the nation of
isreal all over the world. For 1900 years
there is no nation of isreal but God say
after two days[ or 2000yrs] I will revive thee, and you, isreal will live in my sight:
the scatter isreal became a nation in the
year 1948.this is important because God
is reviving the nation of isreal and they
are about to live in his sight when jesus
come back to set up his earthly kingdom , have you ever meet a cannanite ? How
about the amorite? No because these are
isreal enemies and God did not preserve
them, the jew have been preserve
because they are God chosen people and
he must fulfill and keep his promise he made to them but the jew are still
rejecting christ, for how long?after two
days [or 2000years] I will revive thee and
the third day you shall live in my sight.
The second coming event are about to
begin, I see the same foreshadowing in exodus 19:11. God told isreal to clean up
and wait for two days, the third day I'm
comin down in the sight of they nation.
In john 11. Lazarus died a jew, jesus
waited for two days before he raise him
from death, this is a picture of how God is about to turn his back from isreal for the
next two thousand years [or two days]
and start reach out for the rest of the
world through the new testament church
which he did. God dint just throw this
stuff in the bible to wast space ,maby am right , maby God is tryin to tell us
somtin.in matthew17:1 say that jesus
tool peter, james and john up to the
mountain, apart from the rest, did the
thing we want to know happen up there?
Yes.jesus transfigured before them and the are giving a preview of his second
coming glory, now the first word of the
verse was "after six days" why did God
throw this in? To was space? Or is God
tryin to tell us somtin that we need to
know?note:the time from adam to jesus is 4,000years[4days] the time of the
church period is two thousand years
[2days] so could this mean after 6000yrs
[6days] God will revive isreal and fulfill
his promise he made to them? Hmmm am
I reading to much . If am right, BROTHERS WE ARE LIVING IN THE END OF DAYS.
REPENT. THANK YOU.
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by Kay17: 8:50am On Aug 17, 2014
Youngsage: More!

Strongest, Wisest, Oldest, Tallest...

• The strongest and wisest men in the
Bible are: Samson and
Solomon, respectively.

• The tallest and biggest villain in the
Bible is Goliath whose height was
over 9 ½ feet.

• The greatest warrior in the Bible is
Gideon, who defeated 1,35, 000
Midianites along with 300 men and
300 trumpets under God's power.

• The oldest individual in the Bible
was Methuselah (Genesis 5:27),
who died at the age of 969!

• The oldest parable in the Bible is in
Judges 9: 8-15.

Did you know...

• Psalms 117, 118 and 119 are
chapters with special significance in
the Bible.
Apparently, Psalm 117 is
the shortest chapter in the Bible,
Psalm 118 is the central chapter of
the Bible and Psalm 119 is the
longest chapter in the Bible. It's a
hat-trick for the Psalms!

• 2 John and 3 John have the same
number of verses (13), however,
John 3 wins the title of the shortest
book due to its fewer number of
words.

• Ezra 7:21 contains all the letters of
the alphabet, except 'J' (In the New
King James Version).

• There is one chapter that is
repeated twice in the Bible: (Psalms
14 and Psalms 53) 'The fool says in
his heart, "there is no God." They
are corrupt, their deeds are vile;
there is no one who does good.'
However, they are not mirror
images of each other.

• The word 'God' appears 3,358 times
in the Bible.

• The two books, 'Songs of Solomon'
and 'Esther' have no mention of God
in them.

• The word "Christian" only appears
thrice in the Bible.

• Did you know the first baptism in
the Bible was conducted by Moses,
who used ox's blood to baptize the
people.

• The sheep is the most frequently
mentioned animal in the Bible.

• Did you know the only
domesticated animal not mentioned
in the Bible is the cat!

• The number of promises in the Bible
are 1,260.
How many have you
found? 1,260 promises to claim!

Wow!

•The phrase 'do not be afraid'
appears 365 times in the Bible, just
as the number of days in a year.
This phrase is not a suggestion but a
command. So as we live each day,
we know God has commanded us to
trust Him with all our heart and be
at rest!

• The first mention of prayer in the
Bible is in Genesis 4:26.

•The total number of questions in
the Bible is 3294.

•God's first question asked in the
Bible is 'Adam, Adam where are
you?" And God's question to us
today is still the same. He calls out
for his lost sheep. It is up to us to
turn back to Him.

These Bible fun facts actually test our
knowledge of the Bible. The Bible is a
storehouse of hidden treasures. All you
have to do is go and look for these
priceless treasures embedded in it. You
won't completely comprehend how
magnificent life under the sea is until
you dive into it. Similarly, you need to
read the Bible to understand how
profound it is!!!

AND NOT ONE BOOK WRITTEN BY A WOMAN
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by Mushood: 8:50am On Aug 17, 2014
Rexyl:

2 Timothy 3:1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. 3:2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3:3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, 3:4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
the bottom line.....
how I wish your blinded eyes are open to know and uphold the scriptural truth instead of playing with sin and deriving pleasure in it. Man you need to understand the Bible before talking jargons about it.
if bible was allowed to be in original format as it was in d ancient days, without its abandonment, I mean in hebrew language, perhaps, all dis typographical errors will not surface. but since d condemnation of original bible is d beginning of error. Fine tunning english, thereby giving another meaning to it.
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by publicenemy(m): 8:56am On Aug 17, 2014
malvisguy212: religion is man reaching out for God, but christianity is the other way round, jesus say they kingdom come, meaning he bring the kingdom adam lost back to us,

we continue searching for truth.
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by malvisguy212: 9:00am On Aug 17, 2014
publicenemy:

we continue searching for truth.
the truth has been reveal to us, christ in us the hope of glory, to know who jesus REALY is, read colossians2.
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by kelkline: 9:04am On Aug 17, 2014
Interesting Trend nice One
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by malvisguy212: 9:05am On Aug 17, 2014
abubello: more contradictions:

In describing Jesus being led to his execution, John 19:17 recounts that he carried his own cross. But Mark 15:21-23 disagrees by saying a man called Simon carried the cross.

5. As for the crucifixion, Matthew 27:44 tells us Jesus was taunted by both criminals who were being crucified with him. But Luke 23:39-43 relates that only one of the criminals taunted Jesus, the other criminal rebuked the one who was doing the taunting, and Jesus told the criminal who was defending him, "Today shalt thou be with me in paradise."

6. Regarding the last words of Jesus while on the cross, Matthew 27:46 and Mark 15:34 quote Jesus as crying with a loud voice, "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?" Luke 23:46 gives his final words as, "Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit." John 19:30 alleges the last words were, "It is finished."
you should be worried because allah promise the muslims hell, is in the quran, do you want me to show you the verse?
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by Emmaomotob(m): 9:11am On Aug 17, 2014
abubello: still more:

7. There are even contradictions in the accounts of the resurrection – the supposed event that is the very foundation of the Christian religion. Mark 16:2 states that on the day of the resurrection, certain women arrived at the tomb at the rising of the sun. But John 20:1 informs us they arrived when it was yet dark. Luke 24:2 describes the tomb as open when the women arrived, whereas Matthew 28:1-2 indicates it was closed. Mark 16:5 declares that the women saw a young man at the tomb, Luke 24:4 says they saw two men, Matthew 28:2 reports they saw an angel, and John 20:11-12 claims they saw two angels.

8. Also in the resurrection stories, there are contradictions as to the identity of the women who came to the tomb,[7] whether the men or angels the women saw were inside or outside the tomb,[8] whether the men or angels were standing or sitting,[9] and whether Mary Magdalene recognized the' risen' Jesus when he first appeared to her.

9. As a final example of a New Testament contradiction, the conflicting accounts of Paul’s conversion can be cited. Acts 9:7 states that when Jesus called Paul to preach the gospel, the men who were with Paul heard a voice but saw no man. According to Acts 22:9, however, the men saw a light but didn't hear the voice speaking to Paul.

Do christians still beleive that these contradictory accounts were all inspired by holy spirit?
You just succeeded in telling us 'different accounts must correspond'Some accounts can have some untrue parts,but the important parts of these accounts necessitate that they must not be left untold.Justaposing(spelling not sure) between the accounts and fact finding is the work of historians,who I usually watch on discovery world,arguing these less than perfect accounts.Accounts are bound to differ,but their contents must be very close,only to differ little.
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by almujahidy: 9:18am On Aug 17, 2014
Youngsage:
Lol! And your point exactly is Yes, it's in great demand, even more than dictionary. The world's best seller ever! That's why it's always in print.
Now wouldn't you rather read the Bible in a language you can read & understand at anytime, than to read it in a foreign one e.g Hebrew?
The bible has been, is still & will still be translated to even many more languages/versions- until the very end, So no one will have the excuse "I didn't understand it, it wasn't my language". The Good News of the Bible MUST be known to all! (The great Commission- Matthew 28:16-20)
The Hebrew Bible is still available now, for those that may understand Hebrew, or are you the one that concealed it? grin
Guy you still don't get it. Open your eyes! The real Hebrew Bible then has not been tampered with, it's not about language. The so so called ones they are translating now to whatever languages they desire has several errors, fallacies and contradictions in it. Don't say they didn't tell you before it's too late for. Ehen one more thing, I read the bible to make reference to the mistakes and contradictions in order to enlighten the innocent and ignorant minds before it's too late.
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by Amhappy(f): 9:24am On Aug 17, 2014
In as much as we know the bible contains few inconsistencies,we still choose to believe, thats Faith. This was what a Rev told me when i asked him of the council of Nikka. Before now i never knew the bible is a collection of books written as scrolls by different individuals at different places and some of these scrolls where incomplete,vague and thus voted out at the council. But in these contains the word of God and also account of God relationship with people. I also learnt that the most important words in the bible are those spoken by God and Jesus in the old and new testament respectively. Therefore we move by Faith not by sight.

1 Like

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by jummylaw(f): 9:31am On Aug 17, 2014
Please who wrote old and new testament of ur bible, are you saying God made some corrections in his words by releasing an update "New Testament"...
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by Nobody: 9:32am On Aug 17, 2014
DesChyko:

chei.. On a Sunday morning.. 7:43am to be precise.
toh!n na me carry first for list sf,God forgive me.
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by Odunharry(m): 9:33am On Aug 17, 2014
Interesting..
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by Koolking(m): 9:37am On Aug 17, 2014
Youngsage:
•The phrase 'do not be afraid'
at rest!

Above interests me most. This isnt a coincidence but divined. The consciousness of this phrase keeps us going daily.
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by haibe(m): 9:39am On Aug 17, 2014
tete7000:

I beg to disagree, Jesus lived as man, he lived in the flesh. He is both true man and God. People like Samson and Solomon are precursor to him. They existed to point to us, to make us look forward to that son of man who was to come and who would be our perfect example. They lived in the old testament we live in the new testament. In this new covenant no other must be our model other than Jesus, Son of the living God. St. Paul wrote that in the days past God spoke to our ancestor through the prophet, in our own time he spoke to us through his Son. Jesus is the author and finisher of our faith, our model example, the one whose perfection we must strive everyday of our lives to imitate. If He truly lives in us we can be wiser than Solomon and even be stronger than Samson for his strength is made perfect in our weakness.

bla bla bla, are you in the bible? So why should you be termed the wisest? The wisest is Solomon and the strongest is Samson It's not so suitable to include Jesus because he was not just a man, get it straight.
Also I said context is the key because by strongest, the op meant physically, you dear not tell me Jesus was the strongest character in the bible.
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by RikoduoSennin(m): 9:42am On Aug 17, 2014
chukwudi44:

Bros your level of ignorance amuses me!!T

Insults? Really? You can't express yourself without it? Never mind!

chukwudi44:
Over 200 writings were in circulation before the bible was compiled by the catholic church of the fourt century.These writings alongside those who finally made it to the bible had existed before the compilation.However by the ourth century,it becme necessary for the catholic church to select the authentic 73 books which made it to the first bible.

Yes many books were in circulation prior to the fourth century but only 27 books were originally written during the first century that was inspired of God. Selection of this inspired scriptures have been done from the first century not the fourth century.

chukwudi44:
The names you listed are[b] all [/b] catholic church fathers and none of them made use of 66 books,some of them even died before the bible was eventually compiled.No 15 on your list st Augustine of hippo presided over the church councils which decided the books of the bible.

Look closely at the names of the CATALOG during the second century- they are not Catholic Fathers. One thing of note is this catalog existed before the Council of carthage, Secondly they list Most of the bible books that are canon, some of these Catalog omitted one or two books of the 27, due to doubt of it being canon. It was the Council of Carthage that made the other additions, which made the protestants revert to the older Catalogs, hence the removal of the Apocrypha scriptures.

chukwudi44:
It was only about 200 years after the reformation that the protestants decided to remove 7 books

And why did they remove it? Have you ask and research the reasons why? The protestants merely switched to the older catalogs.
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by Nobody: 9:42am On Aug 17, 2014
The phrase 'do not be afraid'
at rest! There is power in His word, if only we could believe and have faith.
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by Nobody: 9:45am On Aug 17, 2014
Are you sick?dumb fuvktard
DesChyko:

chei.. On a Sunday morning.. 7:43am to be precise.
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by maskid(m): 9:50am On Aug 17, 2014
i see
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by alcuin(m): 9:57am On Aug 17, 2014
To all of you quoting me left, right and center without saying thing meaningful. All you do is quote references from the bible, which is of little value to the issues I raised in the first page.

Even, some f00ls called me an atheist.

Well, all I can say is, you guys are all f00ls but I don't blame you, if your minds well properly developed you wouldn't be needing an antiquated book to tell you how best to live your life. You need fables, myths, animal stories to understand yourselves just like children that you are.

First of all, Moses never wrote any book. If you think otherwise, how then can a man write how he died in his book? Common sense. Read the last chapter of Deuteronomy, a book supposedly written by Moses.

The story of Jesus dying on the cross, resurrecting after three days and called the Son of God is nothing but a re-enactment of myths Egyptian gods and goddesses, which existed 2000 years before Jesus was born. Research on Horus and Osiris.

Let me not get too serious with you f00ls, but think of it. You believe that one day a trumpet will sound and you guys will levitate into the clouds? You believe that you have to bribe God with tithes for blessings? F00LS!!!!!!!

To think that Nigerians walk around, well dressed and yet with empty brains is surprising. No wonder men of gods make millions of dollars teaching balderdash. That is the reason why Africa will remain backwards for a long time. You guys believe in too much fiction and argue ignorantly over it, no, even kill your neighbors because of it.

MUGUS!

1 Like

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by mjconcept(m): 10:03am On Aug 17, 2014
The bible is a book written to keep people in check.

1 Like

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by diarra94(m): 10:05am On Aug 17, 2014
cloudstar: alcuin

Stop poking holes in your argument Bros. The context of the story of the towel of babel never stated God was pissed - get your facts straight. Also, the earliest manuscripts of the new testaments are available for anyone interested in investigating if there accounts are historical accurate or not. Fable is Santa Clause and Father Christmas Bros. Fable is BigFoot and the genie in Aladin's lamp.

Your argument is similar to saying "You were born handsome but when you grew up, girls were not attracted to you". You can't argue from unrelated events.

I probably won't. Her spouse Joseph didn't either. The uncertainty was cleared up when an angel appeared to Joseph and explained what happened.

Hahaha - another hole in your argument. You never saw Albert Einstein but it relativity theory is the corner-stone of physics. You never saw Alexander Graham Bell yet he is the inventor of the telephone. You can't and don't see the radio waves that travel through the air and displays on your TV yet it happens.

Are you saying you have never done anything wrong and sincerely felt sorry about what you did and apologized for it?

Please go on Bros
your arguments are completely off. Albert Einstein theory of relativity is practical and can be tested in your presence. radio waves and infrared are spectrums that are invisible to the human eye but yet they can be controlled and transfered and they do exist. why did god even require Mary to conceive Jesus? a bunch of people with limited resources and technology were trying to build a tower to reach heaven and then god confuses them by creating different languages?? really??, this wouldn't even make it in a kids bedtime story. I guess burj khalifa isn't made of sticks and strings that god can easily destroy. why are all religions confined to a certain location? why is the whole world not of one religion? this is due to the fact that everywhere you go on the planet, people have created religions that suite their culture.

2 Likes

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by alcuin(m): 10:17am On Aug 17, 2014
diarra94: your arguments are completely off. Albert Einstein theory of relativity is practical and can be tested in your presence. radio waves and infrared are spectrums that are invisible to the human eye but yet they can be controlled and transfered and they do exist. why did god even require Mary to conceive Jesus? a bunch of people with limited resources and technology were trying to build a tower to reach heaven and then god confuses them by creating different languages?? really??, this wouldn't even make it in a kids bedtime story. I guess burj khalifa isn't made of sticks and strings that god can easily destroy. why are all religions confined to a certain location? why is the whole world not of one religion? this is due to the fact that everywhere you go on the planet, people have created religions that suite their culture.

Thank you very much.

It beats my imagination how adults would believe these kinds of things.

But what do expect from a salt-and-hot-water bathing people.
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by Nobody: 10:22am On Aug 17, 2014
The Holy Bible remains the only book other so called religious book tend to copy and modify from.. E.g d koran et al
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by alcuin(m): 10:22am On Aug 17, 2014
cloudstar: alcuin

Stop poking holes in your argument Bros. The context of the story of the towel of babel never stated God was pissed - get your facts straight. Also, the earliest manuscripts of the new testaments are available for anyone interested in investigating if there accounts are historical accurate or not. Fable is Santa Clause and Father Christmas Bros. Fable is BigFoot and the genie in Aladin's lamp.

Your argument is similar to saying "You were born handsome but when you grew up, girls were not attracted to you". You can't argue from unrelated events.

I probably won't. Her spouse Joseph didn't either. The uncertainty was cleared up when an angel appeared to Joseph and explained what happened.

Hahaha - another hole in your argument. You never saw Albert Einstein but it relativity theory is the corner-stone of physics. You never saw Alexander Graham Bell yet he is the inventor of the telephone. You can't and don't see the radio waves that travel through the air and displays on your TV yet it happens.

Are you saying you have never done anything wrong and sincerely felt sorry about what you did and apologized for it?

Please go on Bros

We believe in science because it is VERIFIABLE.
None of your bedtime stories are.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply)

Dr. Sign Fireman: Man Of God Or Man Of Money? (Video Documentary) / Sharon Oyakhilome And Phillip Frimpong Dance At Traditional Wedding (Video) / Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.