Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,700 members, 7,802,079 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:47 AM

Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » (49626 Views)

Mbaka, Catholic And Politics: Nigerian Tweets Interesting Facts / Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? / What's Your Favourite Verse(s)/chapter(s) In The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by DesChyko: 12:31pm On Aug 17, 2014
tsolz84: Are you sick?dumb fuvktard
Happy Sunday and God bless you grin

1 Like

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by uzoexcel(m): 12:31pm On Aug 17, 2014
I was reading a soft copy of 'My book of bible stories online' and i saw this. I remember it was in the hard copy also i had during childhood. Remember the 'my book of bible stories' wwas by Jehovah's witness.

This verse says
CAN you see that bright star one of these men is pointing to? When they left Jerusalem, the star appeared. These men are from the East, and they study the stars. They believe that this new star is leading them to someone important.

When the men got to Jerusalem, they asked: ‘Where is the child who is to be king of the Jews?’ “Jews” is another name for Israelites. ‘We first saw the child’s star when we were in the East,’ the men said, ‘and we have come to worship him.’

When Herod, who is king at Jerusalem, heard about this he got upset. He did not want another king to take his place. So Herod called the chief priests and asked: ‘Where will the promised king be born?’ They answered: ‘The Bible says in Beth´le·hem.’

So Herod called the men from the East, and said: ‘Go make a search for the young child. When you find him, let me know. I want to go and worship him too.’ But, really, Herod wanted to find the child to kill him!

Then the star moves ahead of the men to Beth´le·hem, and it stops over the place where the child is. When the men go into the house, they find Mary and little Jesus. They bring out gifts and give them to Jesus. But later Jehovah warns the men in a dream not to go back to Herod. So they return to their own country by another road.

When Herod learns that the men from the East have left for home, he gets very angry. So he gives the command for all the boys in Beth´le·hem two years of age and under to be killed. But Jehovah warns Joseph ahead of time in a dream, and Joseph leaves with his family for Egypt. Later, when Joseph learns that Herod has died, he takes Mary and Jesus back home to Naz´a·reth. This is where Jesus grows up.

Who do you think made that new star to shine? Remember, the men first went to Jerusalem after seeing the star. Satan the Devil wanted to kill God’s Son, and he knew that King Herod of Jerusalem would try to kill him. So Satan is the one who must have made that star shine.
Matthew 2:1-23; Micah 5:2.

What is ur opinion on the bolded.

1 Like

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by DesChyko: 12:32pm On Aug 17, 2014
Ivyluvie2: toh!n na me carry first for list sf,God forgive me.

Amen.. But it's a biblical thread.. Sunday school tinz on Nairaland
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by DesChyko: 12:35pm On Aug 17, 2014
uzoexcel:
Who do you think made that new star to shine? Remember, the men first went to Jerusalem after seeing the star. Satan the Devil wanted to kill God’s Son, and he knew that King Herod of Jerusalem would try to kill him. So Satan is the one who must have made that star shine.
Matthew 2:1-23; Micah 5:2. [/i]

Well, God allowed Satan to make it shine, if Satan really was the person who made it shine.
At the end, his supremacy counted.
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by uzoexcel(m): 12:38pm On Aug 17, 2014
lol
potato, POTAAATO
DesChyko:

Well, God allowed Satan to make it shine, if Satan really was the person who made it shine.
At the end, his supremacy counted.

1 Like

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by todayguest(m): 12:38pm On Aug 17, 2014
"If you have a copy of the Bible, you are far from alone. In whole or in part, the Bible has been published in more than 2,300 languages and thus is available to more than 90% of the world's population. On the average, more than a million Bibles are distributed each week! The Bible is also historically accurate and reliable. It includes not only names but also the ancestry of individuals. In contrast to secular historians, who often do not mention the defeats of their own people, Bible writers were honest, even recorded their own failings and those of their nation(Numbers 20:2-12)."

1 Like

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by haibe(m): 12:40pm On Aug 17, 2014
tete7000:

I chose to break my silence to prove to you that I am not like you. I used my language for you the way I did because of your manner of writing. Maybe you should go through your writing I answered before this and you ll see insolence all over the way you write, If you can't you can ask for some other's opinion. Whether I am a Christian or not, I do not need to prove that to you and as per the subject matter, I will no longer go into argument with you again. Enjoy the week ahead

Really? What language did I use? Show me and stop defending yourself unjustly, I did not argue with you either, I only replied you. Oh So if someone does wrong, you do yours back abi? A christain indeed!

1 Like

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by Nobody: 12:40pm On Aug 17, 2014
EVER LEARNING & NEVER ABLE TO COME TO THE KNOWLEDGE OF THE TRUTH. ..(2TIM 3:7)

Are you a possessor of the WORD ( indwelling of the spirit )? or you are a professor of the "words" (mere theologian ) but void of reality of the cross in deeds .?

Its possible to memories or read all the scriptures back to back , but yet lacks the encounter & impact of the main message there in ..

LET THE WORD OF CHRIST DWELL IN YOU RICHLY IN ALL WISDOM ; TEACHING & ADMONISHING ONE ANOTHER IN PSALMS & HYMNS AND SPIRITUAL SONGS ,SINGING WITH GRACE IN YOUR HEART TO THE LORD …(col. 3: 16)

Btw: what's the meaning of "SELAH " in the bible (psalms ) ?
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by chitokwe(f): 12:55pm On Aug 17, 2014
alcuin: A book of fables. How can someone believe in the tower of babel? If God was so pissed with men that sought to build a structure to reach the sky, I wonder what he will do modern space scientist.

The world was flooded in 40 days by rain? Today rain falls for over 100 days in some pacific islands.

Virgin birth Now seriously, if ur wife approaches u today and tells u that she's pregnant by the power of the Holy Spirit, would u believe.

How can a reasonable person believe in a book whose writers never saw what are writing about. Paul never saw Jesus. Matthew, John, Mark, Luke are pen names of unknown writers.

Pauls case is more interesting. Can u imagine Adolf Hitler after killing millions of Jews, taking a stroll to Berlin and said he has changed and started writing Jewish scriptures and expect the Jews to take me seriously?

Let me stop here

You stand a chance of not loosing Anything if u believe in GOD. BUT if ur Wrong, ur really in BIG TROUBLE!!!

1 Like

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by kheart(m): 12:57pm On Aug 17, 2014
Amhappy: In as much as we know the bible contains few inconsistencies,we still choose to believe, thats Faith. This was what a Rev told me when i asked him of the council of Nikka. Before now i never knew the bible is a collection of books written as scrolls by different individuals at different places and some of these scrolls where incomplete,vague and thus voted out at the council. But in these contains the word of God and also account of God relationship with people. I also learnt that the most important words in the bible are those spoken by God and Jesus in the old and new testament respectively. Therefore we move by Faith not by sight.
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by kheart(m): 12:58pm On Aug 17, 2014
Amhappy: In as much as we know the bible contains few inconsistencies,we still choose to believe, thats Faith. This was what a Rev told me when i asked him of the council of Nikka. Before now i never knew the bible is a collection of books written as scrolls by different individuals at different places and some of these scrolls where incomplete,vague and thus voted out at the council. But in these contains the word of God and also account of God relationship with people. I also learnt that the most important words in the bible are those spoken by God and Jesus in the old and new testament respectively. Therefore we move by Faith not by sight.

God can not and will never be author of errors

1 Like

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by Ayopercent(m): 12:59pm On Aug 17, 2014
The only book that refers not to any book but other books refer to it.

1 Like

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by naijaaone(m): 1:00pm On Aug 17, 2014
alcuin: A book of fables. How can someone believe in the tower of babel? If God was so pissed with men that sought to build a structure to reach the sky, I wonder what he will do modern space scientist.

The world was flooded in 40 days by rain? Today rain falls for over 100 days in some pacific islands.

Virgin birth Now seriously, if ur wife approaches u today and tells u that she's pregnant by the power of the Holy Spirit, would u believe.

How can a reasonable person believe in a book whose writers never saw what are writing about. Paul never saw Jesus. Matthew, John, Mark, Luke are pen names of unknown writers.

Pauls case is more interesting. Can u imagine Adolf Hitler after killing millions of Jews, taking a stroll to Berlin and said he has changed and started writing Jewish scriptures and expect the Jews to take me seriously?

Let me stop here
the Bible said ''the canal man cannot understand the things of the spirit'' next time when u want to read the Bible don't read it like chenue achebe's art work, ask the Holy spirit to give u illumination. Shalom
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by tenry(m): 1:03pm On Aug 17, 2014
DesChyko:

chei.. On a Sunday morning.. 7:43am to be precise.
Are u high on lipton? What effect does that hav on my worship today? Holier than thou...
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by chitokwe(f): 1:03pm On Aug 17, 2014
To all of you out there who dnt believe in GOD, and Jesus Christ hear this ooohhhh

You stand a chance of not loosing Anything if u believe in GOD. BUT if ur Wrong, ur really in BIG TROUBLE!!!

1 Like

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by BonetEzra(m): 1:03pm On Aug 17, 2014
1260 promises to claim...? God is good. God bless u bro 4 dis thread.
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by mindurbiznes: 1:09pm On Aug 17, 2014
diarra94: life began as a unicellular organism in the ocean which grew more complex over millions of years. lemme ask you why do we have different races on every continent? do you think that is a coincidence? why is the whole world not 1 religion? why did god not begin the world with religion from the very day he created Adam and eve? why did God in all His Power and Glory not rid the garden of any evil to prevent any future problems? why did God punish Adam and eve even when He knew they will eat the apple? why did Jesus had to plead God to forgive mankind for they do not know what they do?? isn't He All-Knowing

These questionsof yours can best be described as a spark of longing forTruth within you whether you realise it or not; it will leave you restless until YOU strive to findthe answers!

The Bible is but a compilation of 66 books, some more than 66 (GnB).

It is not a book written by Christ though!

Each Book of the Bible stands on its own!

Some speak of the history of a particular peoples (eg Jews), some poetry of physical love like Songs of Solomon...

The Book of Revelation for instance, when it ended by saying no one should ADD OR REMOVE from this book, was referring only to the Book of the Revelation of John!

The Book of Genesis (Creation, Adam and Eve story) like the Book of Revelation was rendered in pictorial form using symbols for a purpose

We're lucky to have the Bible in the sense that we are opportuned to read various Scriptural Collections in a book.

But it cannot be said to be a complete whole in itself.

If you are opportuned to read other spiritually inspired books,as a Truth seekers... do read them.

It's said the book was written under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, but how about its compilation? Other books not compiled may have been inspired.

I love the Bible but not in an EXCLUSIVE sense. I read other books too.

Rejection of the Version by Evangelicals

The GNB was not well received by
conservative churches, for a variety of reasons
Some dubbed it the “bloodless bible” because
Bratcher had avoided using the phrase “blood of
Christ” in the New Testament. Instead of the
literal “blood of Christ” he used the phrase “the
death of Christ.” This was done according to his
principles of translation, which favored
explanatory renderings, but he did not reckon
with the symbolic importance of the phrase
“blood of Christ” in conservative preaching...

Zoraster in Iran
Lao-Tse in China
Buddha in India
Mohammed in Arabia...

Their teachings were at one time willed by God, precisely adapted to the individual peoples and countries and in complete accord with their actual spiritual maturity and receptivity at the time.

But in the course of thousands of years, MEN always, as they still do today, distorted every teaching in order to adapt it to their human way of thinking and their earthly desires. ... if not there would now be only ONE UNIFORM teaching here on earth, there would be no differences in the interpretations. .

Something about forgiveness you should know is IT IS FOR YOUR OWN GOOD TO FORGIVE, the offender is on his own... Go investigate!

On earth science and spiritually knowledge complement each other ok. Leave religion first; it's but a means(invented by man, probably to preserve the spiritual aspect of earth life) to an end But when you regard earthly wisdom as Divine and worship it then you become one sided and cut off from the Source of All Life-that translates to Death in its truest meaning. .Not physical death which is but a transition- In the Story of Adam and Eve it's symbol is like:

Genesis 2:17 But of the tree of the knowledge, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

I wish you strength in your quest for answers, Truth and Life.

1 Like

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by chitokwe(f): 1:13pm On Aug 17, 2014
diarra94: OK now you're just starting to sound ignorant. why should I kill Adolf Hitler when god knowingly created him a recent survey showed that atheist contributed more towards charity than any other faith in america. as humans we all have a conscience and we are subjected to the laws of physics and nature. you people forget that just a few hundred years ago , our ancestors were living in the jungle as savages with no understanding of life and reason. they killed each other as they pleased because humans were not created but evolved from animals and as our brains brains became larger and more complex we started g rasping knowledge about our world. how else would you explain the savage tribes of africa and south Americas if we all supposedly came from Adam and eve who had a concept of life.

1 Like

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by mindurbiznes: 1:40pm On Aug 17, 2014
alcuin: A book of fables. How can someone believe in the tower of babel? If God was so pissed with men that sought to build a structure to reach the sky, I wonder what He will do modern space scientist.

Let me stop here

diarra94: life began as a unicellular organism in the ocean which grew more complex over millions of years. lemme ask you why do we have different races on every continent? do you think that is a coincidence? why is the whole world not 1 religion? why did god not begin the world with religion from the very day he created Adam and eve? why did God in all His Power and Glory not rid the garden of any evil to prevent any future problems? why did God punish Adam and eve even when He knew they will eat the apple? why did Jesus had to plead God to forgive mankind for they do not know what they do?? isn't He All-Knowing

These questionsof yours can best be described as a spark of longing forTruth within you whether you realise it or not; it will leave you restless until YOU strive to findthe answers!

Some speak of the history of a particular peoples (eg Jews), some poetry of physical love like Songs of Solomon...

The Book of Revelation for instance, when it ended by saying no one should ADD OR REMOVE from this book, was referring only to the Book of the Revelation of John!

The Book of Genesis (Creation, Adam and Eve story) like the Book of Revelation was rendered in pictorial form using symbols for a purpose

We're lucky to have the Bible in the sense that we are opportuned to read various Scriptural Collections in a book.

If you are opportuned to read other spiritually inspired books,as a Truth seekers... do read them.

It's said the book was written under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, but how about its compilation? Other books not compiled may have been inspired.

Zoraster in Iran
Lao-Tse in China
Buddha in India
Mohammed in Arabia...

Their teachings were at one time willed by God, precisely adapted to the individual peoples and countries and in complete accord with their actual spiritual maturity and receptivity at the time.

But in the course of thousands of years, MEN always, as they still do today, distorted every teaching in order to adapt it to their human way of thinking and their earthly desires. ... if not there would now be only ONE UNIFORM teaching here on earth, there would be no differences in the interpretations. .

By Virgin birth is meant First Child and Jesus indeed was the First born of Mary. Any other interpretation is unnatural and thus unacceptable! You see

On earth science and spiritually knowledge complement each other ok. Leave religion first; it's but a means(invented by man, probably to preserve the spiritual aspect of earth life) to an end But when you regard earthly wisdom as Divine and worship it then you become one sided and cut off from the Source of All Life-that translates to Death in its truest meaning. .Not physical death which is but a transition- In the Story of Adam and Eve it's symbol is like:

Genesis 2:17 But of the tree of the knowledge, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

1 Like

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by mindurbiznes: 1:44pm On Aug 17, 2014
alcuin: A book of fables. How can someone believe in the tower of babel? If God was so pissed with men that sought to build a structure to reach the sky, I wonder what He will do modern space scientist.

The world (in their world wink )was flooded in 40 days by rain? Today rain falls for over 100 days in some pacific islands.

Let me stop here

Zoraster in Iran
Lao-Tse in China
Buddha in India
Mohammed in Arabia...

By Virgin birth is meant First Child and Jesus indeed was the First born of Mary. Any other interpretation is unnatural and thus unacceptable! You see

1 Like

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by johnemeka(m): 1:48pm On Aug 17, 2014
Thank you for this inspirational write up.....
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by mindurbiznes: 1:49pm On Aug 17, 2014
Ymodulus: The bible is the greatest book of fairy tales ever

Zoraster in Iran
Lao-Tse in China
Buddha in India
Mohammed in Arabia...

Something about forgiveness you should know is IT IS FOR YOUR OWN GOOD TO FORGIVE, the offender is on his own... Go investigate!

2 Likes

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by carzim(m): 1:49pm On Aug 17, 2014
It is also a book with a lot of contradiction
It is a book with addition and subtraction. i e some bible contains 66chapters while some contains 73chapters
It is also a book that sangoliteGod
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by diarra94(m): 1:49pm On Aug 17, 2014
chitokwe:

I get the dilemma. but you see if god really exists you wouldn't have to talk me into Christianity. Apart from biblical scriptures nothing else supports the existence of god.

1 Like

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by diarra94(m): 1:56pm On Aug 17, 2014
mindurbiznes:

Zoraster in Iran
Lao-Tse in China
Buddha in India
Mohammed in Arabia...

stop trolling dude

1 Like

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by AlfaSeltzer(m): 2:15pm On Aug 17, 2014
I can see that my own facts have been hidden.
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by mindurbiznes: 2:50pm On Aug 17, 2014
wink
diarra94: stop trolling dude
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by iamjane(f): 2:55pm On Aug 17, 2014
Hmmmmm. Interesting!

mindurbiznes:

Zoraster in Iran
Lao-Tse in China
Buddha in India
Mohammed in Arabia...

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by Orikinla(m): 3:03pm On Aug 17, 2014
Lest we forget, biblical prophecies have been fulfilled as a scientist picked out 48 such prophecies and determined that the probability of one man randomly fulfilling them all is 1 in 10 to the exponent of 157. That is one followed by 157 zeros! Your chances of winning a typical lottery jackpot is about 1 in 108. (100,000,000) Yet, Jesus fulfilled all the prophecies!

Genuine divine Bible prophecy- 60 fulfilled prophecies on
http://www.bible.ca/b-prophecy-60.htm

10 Bible prophecies fulfilled recently on
http://www.therefinersfire.org/recent_prophecy.htm
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by iamjane(f): 3:16pm On Aug 17, 2014
uzoexcel: I was reading a soft copy of 'My book of bible stories online' and i saw this. I remember it was in the hard copy also i had during childhood. Remember the 'my book of bible stories' wwas by Jehovah's witness.

This verse says
CAN you see that bright star one of these men is pointing to? When they left Jerusalem, the star appeared. These men are from the East, and they study the stars. They believe that this new star is leading them to someone important.

When the men got to Jerusalem, they asked: ‘Where is the child who is to be king of the Jews?’ “Jews” is another name for Israelites. ‘We first saw the child’s star when we were in the East,’ the men said, ‘and we have come to worship him.’

When Herod, who is king at Jerusalem, heard about this he got upset. He did not want another king to take his place. So Herod called the chief priests and asked: ‘Where will the promised king be born?’ They answered: ‘The Bible says in Beth´le·hem.’

So Herod called the men from the East, and said: ‘Go make a search for the young child. When you find him, let me know. I want to go and worship him too.’ But, really, Herod wanted to find the child to kill him!

Then the star moves ahead of the men to Beth´le·hem, and it stops over the place where the child is. When the men go into the house, they find Mary and little Jesus. They bring out gifts and give them to Jesus. But later Jehovah warns the men in a dream not to go back to Herod. So they return to their own country by another road.

When Herod learns that the men from the East have left for home, he gets very angry. So he gives the command for all the boys in Beth´le·hem two years of age and under to be killed. But Jehovah warns Joseph ahead of time in a dream, and Joseph leaves with his family for Egypt. Later, when Joseph learns that Herod has died, he takes Mary and Jesus back home to Naz´a·reth. This is where Jesus grows up.

Matthew 2:1-23; Micah 5:2.

My opinion?

The Star of Bethlehem was a testimony, a sign, from above heralding the birth of the Christ!

The three wise kings (like astrologers) were able to read this sign and became aware that a "King" had been born and even it's location.

What other signs and proof did man need eh?!

If man weren't willing tools of Lucifer, that sign would have been enough for them (man) to welcome receive and accept the Child for What He Is and be prepared to listen to Him upon maturity. .

Remember Satan has no power over anything or anyone all it has to do is TEMPT man and man has the choice of falling or standing.

1 Like

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by Ggreat88: 3:16pm On Aug 17, 2014
Great: the Bible is also know as the Manuel of life
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by Missy89(f): 3:21pm On Aug 17, 2014
malvisguy212: are you a muslim or atheist?

none of the above

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply)

Lessons To Learn From The Life Of An Eagle. / Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad / Dr. Sign Fireman: Man Of God Or Man Of Money? (Video Documentary)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.