Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,970 members, 7,806,809 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:25 AM

Defectors To PDP Are Ticket Hunters, Says APGA - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Defectors To PDP Are Ticket Hunters, Says APGA (2869 Views)

Defectors To APC Bury PDP In Rivers State / Why Members Of PDP Are Mostly Arrested In The Ongoing Fight Against Corruption / PDP In Secret Talks With Ex-govs, Defectors To APC : Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Defectors To PDP Are Ticket Hunters, Says APGA by Ngwakwe: 4:59pm On Aug 16, 2014

Peter Obi

* Defection of APGA members is worrisome

By Onyebuchi Ezigbo 

The All Progressive Grand Alliance (APGA) has described its National Assembly members from Anambra State who recently left the party to return to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) as perennial political office seekers who cannot contribute to building a political party.

While reacting to the defection of it’s members in the House of Representatives from Anambra State, the Acting National Publicity Secretary of the party, Okwukwe Ibiam, said it was such a shame that the lawmakers did not mind being tagged, ‘prodigal son’ by the PDP leadership.

The condemnation is coming at a time when the former governor of Anambra State, Mr. Peter Obi expressed concern on the defection of some members of APGA to other parties, describing the trend as worrisome.

Obi said this yesterday while answering questions from journalists during the inauguration of the prayer ground he built in memory of the four children of Mr. Emmanuel Obiekwe in Awka-Etiti, Anambra State.

However, Ibiam said in a statement yesterday that the party was quite relieved by the departure of the defecting former members since they had nothing to add to APGA.

“We at APGA are relieved at being divested of members who have no plans to help build and consolidate the momentous strides and gains of our great party.

These members have shown themselves as perennial election ticket hunters, who conveniently declare their allegiance where they may be favoured with tickets. We cannot build the APGA party with such unstable and seasonal ticket hunters, “ he said.

In the statement, APGA vowed to effectively campaign to recover the seats being occupied by the defecting lawmakers.

“We are also disturbed by the character of men and women who hawk, run and throw themselves at the feet of the PDP National Secretariat for acceptance. Our electorate does not require such individuals of easy virtue in the party.

“An event that usually occurs with fanfare with party bigwigs in attendance has now been made routine with the ‘prodigal children’ selling their birth right and clutching at clay structures for acceptance. Any acceptance. Such Shame. Someone should remind them that the seasonal rains are here.

“To cap their discomfiture and disgrace, they were described as ‘prodigal’ to their faces by the National Chairman of the PDP, Alhaji Adamu M’uazu, during their parade at the PDP National Secretariat, Abuja.

“APGA will effectively campaign to recover the seats of the prodigal ticket hunters. The peoples’ conscience and trust cannot be mortgaged for individual convenience. Our electorate is tired of users, “ he said.
The defecting members of APGA included, Uche Ekwunife, Chuma Nzeribe, Victor Afam Ogene, Cyril Egwuatu, John Olibie and Chris Azubuogu.

Others that defected alongside with them include former deputy speaker of Anambra State House of Assembly, Ozo Ughamadu and Hon. Forte Dike.
With their defection, the PDP now has ten members of the House of Representatives, while APGA has only a member.
Speaking further on the gale of defection hitting the party, the former governor said recent development in APGA called for reflection on the part of party faithful on the way forward for the party. He however granted the decampees, just like every other person, the right to personal decisions about their political future or any other endavour.

On why he refused to join the PDP even at the risk of losing a ministerial appointment, Obi declined to comment on that, but only insisted that he was not desperate for appointment and would not therefore act or take any decision that was contrary to his belief.

He however reassured that he would continue to be guided by service to humanity bordering on what would be of benefit to Nigeria in all he does rather than by personal gain.

Obi who agreed that he needed to have intervened more aggressively to stop the defecting members, however said he did not actually know on what platform he would have done so, since, according to him, his position as the Chairman of the Board of Trustees and the leader of APGA are yet to be ratified.
Obi reiterated his readiness and commitment to campaign vigorously for the re-election of Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan as the President of the country.

Caption:  HON Emeka Ihedioha
Nzeribe Endorses Ihedioha for Imo Guber Race
Amby Uneze 

The maverick politician and chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Senator Arthur Francis Nzeribe, has publicly stated that his support for the 2015 gubernatorial ticket of his party goes to the Deputy Speaker, House of Representatives, Chief Emeka Ihedioha. He even vowed to deploy all it takes to ensure that Ihedioha emerges governorship candidate in the coming primaries of the PDP and the general election.

Nzeribe who spoke during a courtesy visit and consultation by Ihedioha and his supporters at the “Haven of Peace”, residence of Nzeribe at Oguta,  noted that he was satisfied with Ihedioha's performance at the National Assembly, urging his people and the Imo electorate to give the number six man in the country their support.

He declared: “I will give you support to achieve your ambition and I enjoin my people of Oguta to support your ambition to become the next governor of the state.”

Speaking, Nzeribe's wife, Joan, said on behalf of his children and her husband, she would ensure that the governorship ambition of Ihedioha, if it will make him happy, will be done by the entire family.

“If this governorship ambition will make you happy, God will give it to you. I have found a brother. On behalf of myself, our children and husband, I believe that God will bless your ambition,” she said.
Ihedioha, said he was propelled to serve Imo people because of what he called the maladministration of the state. He accused Governor Rochas Okorocha of incurring debt in the state to the tune of N130 billion.

According to him, "Rochas has incurred debt of N130 billion from banks against our people, thereby dismissing Okorocha’s claim that he has not borrowed any money from the bank since his assumption in 2011."

Ihedioha said he had performed excellently well in the National Assembly, having used his three terms position to help people of the state and attract many developmental projects to the state.

In the occasion attended by some National Assembly legislators, the member representing the area in the House of Representatives, Gerald Irona, said with the assistance of Ihedioha, he was able to attract projects worth over N4.4 billion to the area.

www.freedomafric.com/politics/defectors-pdp-are-ticket-hunters-says-apga-t1344.html
Re: Defectors To PDP Are Ticket Hunters, Says APGA by gurnam: 5:07pm On Aug 16, 2014
It's shameful....

Men and women lined up and paraded like common miscreants and then referred to as prodigal sons and daughters....well what else can we add.

APGA as a party to be taken serious need to do away with some opportunists that constitute it major part.

5 Likes

Re: Defectors To PDP Are Ticket Hunters, Says APGA by NgeneUkwenu(f): 5:08pm On Aug 16, 2014
APGA Is PDP and PDP Is APGA!

So no defection here! Just change of camp! Ndi ara!

3 Likes

Re: Defectors To PDP Are Ticket Hunters, Says APGA by gurnam: 5:12pm On Aug 16, 2014
NgeneUkwenu: APGA Is PDP and PDP Is APGA!

So no defection here! J[b]ust change of camp! Ndi ara[/b]!

You couldn't have put it better..

6 Likes

Re: Defectors To PDP Are Ticket Hunters, Says APGA by Tolexander: 5:40pm On Aug 16, 2014
Obi who agreed that he
needed to have intervened
more aggressively to stop
the defecting members,
however said he did not
actually know on what
platform he would have
done so, since, according to
him, his position as the
Chairman of the Board of
Trustees and the leader of
APGA are yet to be ratified.
Obi reiterated his readiness
and commitment to
campaign vigorously for the
re-election of Dr. Goodluck
Ebele Jonathan as the
President of the country
what is now the difference between the former APGA members now in PDP and Peter Obi that has vowed to be vigorously involved in the return of GEJ, a PDP member to Aso Rock?

Very clear if his party has a presidential candidate, he won't support the candidate. What antiparty is greater than that?

8 Likes

Re: Defectors To PDP Are Ticket Hunters, Says APGA by MzJackBaueress(f): 5:52pm On Aug 16, 2014
Tolexander: what is now the difference between the former APGA members now in PDP and Peter Obi that has vowed to be vigorously involved in the return of GEJ, a PDP member to Aso Rock?

Very clear if his party has a presidential candidate, he won't support the candidate. What antiparty is greater than that?
a case of double standards I guess! Lolz! Who doesn't know APGA is a political appendage of PDP since the death of Ojukwu?
I dey laff!

grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Defectors To PDP Are Ticket Hunters, Says APGA by danot1030: 6:22pm On Aug 16, 2014
The lack of growth and development of APGA is a reflection of the poor leadership skill of the igbos. Their inability to create and sustain a lasting system informs one the reason the igbos will prefer to remain a second class and stooges in pdp that is run by skillful leaders from other tribes.

6 Likes

Re: Defectors To PDP Are Ticket Hunters, Says APGA by RockMaxi: 6:39pm On Aug 16, 2014
[s]
danot1030: The lack of growth and development of APGA is a reflection of the poor leadership skill of the igbos. Their inability to create and sustain a lasting system informs one the reason the igbos will prefer to remain a second class and stooges in pdp that is run by skillful leaders from other tribes.
[/s]
Re: Defectors To PDP Are Ticket Hunters, Says APGA by size38: 7:56pm On Aug 16, 2014
When it comes to playing politics in Nigeria, I prefer Yorubas and Hausas than the Igbos. This is because the yorubas always know how to build a political parties around themselves and make sure it works like with saw in AG, AD CAN to APC. Unlike the Igbos that cannot build and sustain a political party. They keeping here and there.

4 Likes

Re: Defectors To PDP Are Ticket Hunters, Says APGA by jagaban1: 8:01pm On Aug 16, 2014
IBO ARE UNSOPHISTICATED POLITICALLY. THEY REALLY NEED TO LEARN FROM YORUBA.

YORUBA IS THE WISEST TRIBE IN NIGERIA. YORUBA NEITHER HAS FRIENDS NOR FOES

5 Likes

Re: Defectors To PDP Are Ticket Hunters, Says APGA by gurnam: 8:07pm On Aug 16, 2014
Tolexander: what is now the difference between the former APGA members now in PDP and Peter Obi that has vowed to be vigorously involved in the return of GEJ, a PDP member to Aso Rock?

APGA will never field any Presidential candidate....not now......not ever.

They will always support any Presidential candidate of any party in power....be it APC or PDP.

4 Likes

Re: Defectors To PDP Are Ticket Hunters, Says APGA by Nobody: 8:10pm On Aug 16, 2014
gurnam: It's shameful....

Men and women lined up and paraded like common miscreants and then referred to as prodigal sons and daughters....well what else can we add.

APGA as a party to be taken serious need to do away with some opportunists that constitute it major part.
I agree with you brodaB the gale of dÉfection to me Ís a welcome development. Apga or others including Ð pdp need to weed their parties of Ópportunists. These opportunists are clearly self-servants that should be rejected at the polls irrespective of the party.

3 Likes

Re: Defectors To PDP Are Ticket Hunters, Says APGA by obayaya(m): 8:14pm On Aug 16, 2014
Peter Obi!!! I so love this man!!!

Even if all members of APGA decamps, I know one man who wouldn't!!!

Okwute ndi Igbo!!! His excellency, Mr Peter Obi.

I admire that man!!!

2 Likes

Re: Defectors To PDP Are Ticket Hunters, Says APGA by NgeneUkwenu(f): 8:21pm On Aug 16, 2014
obayaya: Peter Obi!!! I so love this man!!!

I admire that man!!!

Dey deceive yourself! Mark it, Peter Obi is on His way to PDP!

4 Likes

Re: Defectors To PDP Are Ticket Hunters, Says APGA by MzJackBaueress(f): 8:25pm On Aug 16, 2014
obayaya: Peter Obi!!! I so love this man!!!

I admire that man!!!
whether he defects or not,it doesn't make any difference. He's still a PDP stooge.

God bless Ojukwu!

2 Likes

Re: Defectors To PDP Are Ticket Hunters, Says APGA by malc619(m): 8:32pm On Aug 16, 2014
Shame on AKPUGA!!!

grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Defectors To PDP Are Ticket Hunters, Says APGA by Tolexander: 8:38pm On Aug 16, 2014
gurnam:

APGA will never field any Presidential candidate....not now......not ever.

They will always support any Presidential candidate of any party in power....be it APC or PDP.
ah ah ah!
But they fielded a presidential candidate in the 2003 election! wink

that party don tey o!
Re: Defectors To PDP Are Ticket Hunters, Says APGA by Brimmie(m): 8:39pm On Aug 16, 2014
APGA - Party of Chickens! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Defectors To PDP Are Ticket Hunters, Says APGA by gurnam: 8:41pm On Aug 16, 2014
Tolexander: ah ah ah!
But they fielded a presidential candidate in the 2003 election! wink

that party don tey o!

Before they realized that supporting any big man controlling Abuja is far more rewarding financially than presenting a presidential candidate.

Ojukwu would have keep the party alive....he took away any semblance of political party with his death

The present leadership are not pretending about their intentions and objectives....
Re: Defectors To PDP Are Ticket Hunters, Says APGA by obayaya(m): 8:43pm On Aug 16, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:

Dey deceive yourself! Mark it, Peter Obi is on His way to PDP!

Shall we make a bet?

If he defects, I'll deactivate my account!!! If by the end of the year he doesn't, You should do the same!!!

Deal?

MzJackBaueress: whether he defects or not,it doesn't make any difference. He's still a PDP stooge.
God bless Ojukwu!

A PDP stooge because he had favourable relationship with the ruling PDP? That my friend is wisdom.

What would you have him do? Fight everyone and anyone like APC is doing?

Sometimes, the most resounding and memorable victories are the ones you don't have to fight at all.

His people, the Anambrarians are happy for the favourable working relationship he has with the central.

3 Likes

Re: Defectors To PDP Are Ticket Hunters, Says APGA by MzJackBaueress(f): 8:45pm On Aug 16, 2014
obayaya:

Shall we make a bet?

If he defects, I'll deactivate my account!!! If by the end of the year he doesn't, You should do the same!!!

Deal?

A PDP stooge because he had favourable relationship with the ruling PDP? That my friend is wisdom.

What would you have him do? Fight everyone and anyone like APC is doing?

Sometimes, the most resounding and memorable victories are the ones you don't have to fight at all.

His people, the Anambrarians are happy for the favourable working relationship he has with the central.
are we not both saying the same thing? grin
Re: Defectors To PDP Are Ticket Hunters, Says APGA by Tolexander: 8:48pm On Aug 16, 2014
gurnam:

Before they realized that supporting any big man controlling Abuja is far more rewarding financially than presenting a presidential candidate.

Ojukwu would have keep the party alive....he took away any semblance of political party with his death

The present leadership are not pretending about their intentions and objectives....
imagine!

He took away any semblance of political party with his death but left his manhood to live on!

O mase o!

3 Likes

Re: Defectors To PDP Are Ticket Hunters, Says APGA by gurnam: 8:56pm On Aug 16, 2014
Tolexander: imagine!

He took away any semblance of political party with his death but left his manhood to live on!

O mase o!

Obi and Umeh to all intent and purpose reduced APGA to a town union organization of the Agulu people.

1 Like

Re: Defectors To PDP Are Ticket Hunters, Says APGA by obayaya(m): 8:58pm On Aug 16, 2014
MzJackBaueress: are we not both saying the same thing? grin

No we aren't..

Being friendly with someone or sharing their views on a majority of issues doesn't make you a stooge grin

If Peter Obi is PDP's Stooge, will I be wrong if I called you Gbawe's stooge? wink grin

My point is, the aim of governance is to better the life of your people not picking fights. His closeness with PDP bettered the life of his people. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Defectors To PDP Are Ticket Hunters, Says APGA by gurnam: 9:00pm On Aug 16, 2014
Though the article below is old.... It's quite interesting and instructive...

THE All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) was formed and registered in 2002 as a political party by some prominent Igbo politicians to provide a potential platform for Igbos to negotiate for political power at the centre. Mr. Peter Obi was the first governor elected on the party platform in 2003 and he was sworn-into office in 2006 after a protracted legal battle to recover his mandate from Dr. Chris Ngige of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP). APGA which was led by its founding national chairman, Chief Chekwas Okorie had late Chief Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu (Ezeigbo Gburu Gburu) as its presidential candidate in the 2003 general elections.

Several factors were responsible for the choice of Ojukwu then. One was that some other prominent Igbo politicians approached by the party leadership which include Chief Alex Ekwueme, Senator Jim Nwobodo, late Senator Chuba Okadigbo declined the offer of the party’s presidential ticket. Secondly, because of close relationship between Okorie and Ojukwu that lasted for several years, Okorie encouraged Ojukwu into the party where he was chosen as the party’s presidential candidate for 2003. At this point, Ojukwu’s place in Igbo history as Igbo leader helped in attracting Igbo sentiment and emotion to the party then. So there were great expectations from the Igbos that the party will take over at least the Southeast zone which was controlled by PDP in 2003 election. APGA fielded candidates in the governorship and other elections in the five southeast states in 2003 which was the first litmus test of the party’s acceptability, and followership in the zone. Ojukwu came into the party, and pleaded to be allowed to choose Mr. Peter Obi as the party’s candidate in the election. A request the party leadership obliged him as mark of respect. That was how Obi emerged the APGA candidate in 2003.

After the election, INEC declared PDP the winners of the governorship election in the five southeast states including Anambra where Dr. Chris Ngige of PDP was declared the winner. In the presidential election, Ojukwu emerged the third runner up. The battle shifted to the tribunal and court. While Obi was in court contesting the outcome of election result at the peak of the political crisis between Ngige and the erstwhile godfather of Anambra politics, Chief Chris Uba, Chief Victor Umeh, the then treasurer of APGA and Obi’s kinsman on 23 December 2004 in Abuja announced the expulsion of Okorie and other leaders from the party. In what looked like a grand conspiracy, the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) quickly recognized Chief Victor Umeh’s faction in 2005, despite Okorie’s protest and public outcry. In 2006, Obi won his case against Ngige and was sworn-in as governor of Anambra State.

Many had thought that Obi, and Umeh would work to expand the frontier of the party beyond Anambra State. But that never happened as Governor Obi extended all the needed support to Umeh to sustain the lingering fight against Okorie over the party leadership for years. At this point, it was obvious to all Igbos that APGA has been reduced to, not only Anambra affair but to Agulu community union. Lest we forget that Obi, and Umeh who is now the longest serving national chairman of a political party in the country since Independence are from Agulu in Aniocha Council Area of Anambra State. The protracted leadership which lasted for almost a decade is a well-hatched plan in connivance with powers- that-be at the centre to kill the Igboness and dream of the founding fathers of the party. Several efforts to resolve the leadership crisis in the party between Umeh and Okorie out of courts by some prominent Igbo persons that include Bishops and others were truncated. With their financial war chest, the leaders continued to have their way in the fight, while the party continued to suffer loss of followership and defeats in subsequent elections in the zone especially in Anambra State.

Ahead of 2007 general election, Abia State governor, Chief Orji Uzor Kalu saw no Igbo interest or future in APGA. That was how he moved on with his followers to form Progressive Peoples Alliance (PPA) which won Imo and Abia governorship seats in the election. Even with Obi as the incumbent governor of Anambra on APGA platform, the party did not win a single seat in the 2007 general elections. Ojukwu who was the third runner up in 2003 presidential election, emerged the last in the election. The party did not also win a single elective seat anywhere in the country in the election.

When the Supreme Court judgment that removed Senator Andy Uba as governor of the state for Obi to complete his tenure came, many had thought that there would be a change in governor Obi’s non-challant attitude towards growing, and expanding the party beyond his immediate interest and that of his kinsmen. But nothing of such happened as Obi continued with the shrinking of APGA, and taking advantage of Ojukwu’s association with the party to promote his political interest. After 2007 elections, the petition of Mr. Azuka Okwuosa the APGA candidate for Anambra South senatorial zone brought about the nullification of Senator Ikechukwu Obiora of PDP’s election on the ground of massive irregularities. In the re-run that was conducted thereafter, despite that Obi was the incumbent governor, Okwuosa lost the re-run election to Obiora again.

In 2010 Anambra governorship election, Obi’s slim victory was not made possible by the sentiment that APGA is an Igbo party or the bandied last wish of Ojukwu, but by the default of the electoral commission, regarding voters’ register. Again during the 2011 general elections, despite that Anambra State is being controlled by APGA with Obi as governor for years, and Umeh as national chairman of the party, APGA failed to win even one of the three senatorial seats in the state. Obi and Umeh’s senatorial zone which is Central was won by Dr. Chris Ngige of the defunct ACN now APC. The defunct ACN which Obi and his supporters have continued to label as Yoruba/ Hausa party won six House of Assembly seats in Awka, Anambra West, Nnewi South, Idemili North, Idemili South, and Onitsha South, and one House of Representatives seat in Idemili North and South Federal Constituency. Today, Obi is the only sitting governor in the country that his senatorial zone is occupied by the opposition party.

This was despite that fact that it was in the same 2011 that APGA adopted President Jonathan as consensus candidate of the party. It is obvious to all and sundry that the two chieftains are more PDP than Jonathan and Bamanga Tukur today. So where is the Igboness in Obi’s government, and his acclaimed performance since he came into office? There is no doubt that Governor Rochas Okorocha’s victory in Imo State in 2011 was not because of the sentiment that APGA is an Igbo party, but because Imo people at that time wanted a change, and Okorocha as a personality was the best alternative available to them. When Okorocha saw no Igbo future politically with the manner the affairs of APGA were being piloted, he left the party for a national party where Igbo political future can be realised and sustained. Abia State governor, Chief Theodore Orji saw the mess and clannish politics in APGA when he stopped over in the party, and quickly moved over to PDP ahead of 2011 general elections.

For almost eight years in office now as governor, Obi has failed to conduct council elections. What is he afraid of and what has been happening to the council funds? So where is the Igbo sentiment in a party that has been reduced to town union to hoodwink some people ahead of November 16 governorship election in Anambra State. If APGA is still truly the Igbo party it is supposed to be, why hasn’t the party taken over control of Southeast zone since 2003? Why are Abia, Ebonyi and Enugu states still controlled by PDP, while Imo is under APC? So where is the Igboness in APGA when all the prominent Igbo politicians in Nigeria today are in PDP or APC? APGA has always been a fall back or last resort for politicians that could not realise their ambitions in PDP or APC.

What makes APGA an Igbo party when the top officials used the party machinery to stop Prof. Chukwuma Soludo, a good son of Igbo land from contesting APGA primaries for the forthcoming governorship election, using President Jonathan to sell dummy to the people? When has President Jonathan become Igbo leader to decide who should contest APGA primaries? That is the height of hypocrisy and political subterfuge to impose a godson on Anambra. What makes APGA Igbo party when Anambra North traditional and political leaders chose Dr. Chike Obidigbo, and Governor Obi rejected him, only to handpick and push forward his anointed godson, Mr. Willie Obiano as the party candidate? APGA as of today is Agulu People Grand Alliance. Their obvious desperate push ahead of the November governorship election in the state is clear. How has the Igbo factor in APGA impacted on the life of an average Igbo man politically, economically and otherwise?
Re: Defectors To PDP Are Ticket Hunters, Says APGA by MzJackBaueress(f): 9:02pm On Aug 16, 2014
obayaya:

No we aren't..

Being friendly with someone or sharing their views on a majority of issues doesn't make you a stooge grin

If Peter Obi is PDP's Stooge, will I be wrong if I called you Gbawe's stooge? wink grin

My point is, the aim of governance is to better the life of your people not picking fights. His closeness with PDP bettered the life of his people. smiley
Really? Your explanation is a good reason why APGA hasn't produced a presidential candidate since Ojukwu died. Peter Obi an APGA are political stooges of PDP. You can't dispute that my dear.
Re: Defectors To PDP Are Ticket Hunters, Says APGA by obayaya(m): 9:10pm On Aug 16, 2014
MzJackBaueress: Really? Your explanation is a good reason why APGA hasn't produced a presidential candidate since Ojukwu died. Peter Obi an APGA are political stooges of PDP. You can't dispute that my dear.

Produce a presidential candidate that's sure to lose at the polls? That's stupid!!!

A stooge is One who allows oneself to be used for another's profit or advantage; a puppet.

PDP isn't using APGA for its advantage. If they were, APGA wouldn't have won the last anambra election. And Owelle wouldn't have won imo guber on the platform of APC at the detriment of PDP's Ohakim.

So you see!!? That they coexist peacefully doesn't mean they are stooges.

You grab? grin

2 Likes

Re: Defectors To PDP Are Ticket Hunters, Says APGA by MzJackBaueress(f): 9:14pm On Aug 16, 2014
obayaya:

Produce a presidential candidate that's sure to lose at the polls? That's stupid!!!

A stooge is One who allows oneself to be used for another's profit or advantage; a puppet.

PDP isn't using APGA for its advantage. If they were, APGA wouldn't have won the last anambra election. And Owelle wouldn't have won imo guber on the platform of APC at the detriment of PDP's Ohakim.

So you see!!? That they coexist peacefully doesn't mean they are stooges.

You grab? grin
Obayaya,you keep shooting yourself on your foot! Look at the bold and tell me what APGA stands for politically under PDP since Ojukwu died?

No need going back and forth with our discussion. The bottomline is if Peter Obi leaves APGA today,it doesn't make any difference.
Re: Defectors To PDP Are Ticket Hunters, Says APGA by obayaya(m): 9:17pm On Aug 16, 2014
gurnam: Though the article below is old.... It's quite interesting and instructive...

So APGA should've given Soludo the ticket, So that he'll defect a day after winning the elections?

Bros, I support the treatment meted out on Soludo. You don't reap where you did not sow. Where was soludo all these years? He remembered APGA existed because it because obvious that PDP wouldn't give him a ticket.

If APGA had given soludo the ticket, the respect I had for Peter Obi would've nosedived.

Nigeria will only get better when we do away with the political opportunists.

2 Likes

Re: Defectors To PDP Are Ticket Hunters, Says APGA by prophetone(m): 9:19pm On Aug 16, 2014
Mr. Peter Obi almost earns my respect because loyalty is the stuff of men of virtue. It's unfortunate however that his loyalty to APGA is diluted by his dilly-dally with the PDP and unwavering support for the ruling party's candidate in the next elections.

If your party is not ruling, and you are not being the opposition, what are you?

1 Like

Re: Defectors To PDP Are Ticket Hunters, Says APGA by obayaya(m): 9:23pm On Aug 16, 2014
MzJackBaueress: Obayaya,you keep shooting yourself on your foot! Look at the bold and tell me what APGA stands for politically under PDP since Ojukwu died?

No need going back and forth with our discussion. The bottomline is if Peter Obi leaves APGA today,it doesn't make any difference.

You choose to understand what I wrote that way. PDP is only using APGA to its advantage during the presidential elections!!! Presidential Election that APGA is 70% likely to lose.

Do not try to get with violence something you can get with deceit.

Bottomline!!! Peter Obi will never leave APGA!!! I'm 99% sure of that.

1 Like

Re: Defectors To PDP Are Ticket Hunters, Says APGA by Lordlexyy: 9:26pm On Aug 16, 2014
obayaya:

No we aren't..

What then is the hope or essence of APGA? You can't expect tangible political growth if every now and then you throw support to a 'friendly' political party. Have you imagin how a serious politician in and outside the east will view APGA? This uncaution support is a characteristic of an unserious, clueless and indecisive party. I don't care about the immediate gains or whatever you call it, but this action may have a far longer consequences than you think. because, the way it is now, APGA is a complete sell out to the Pdp no matter how much you want to sugar coat it.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Reason I Fought With Bishop Oyedepo - Pastor Tunde Bakare / Stealing Is Not Corruption; A Mathematical Proof. / How To Start A Successful Political Career

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.