Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,767 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:32 PM

BREAKING NEWS: Nuhu Ribadu Joins PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING NEWS: Nuhu Ribadu Joins PDP (7268 Views)

Breaking News: Nuhu Ribadu Concedes Defeat / Tele Ikuru, River State Dep. Governor Gets Grand Reception As He Joins PDP -Pics / Breaking News: Nuhu Ribadu Arrested (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING NEWS: Nuhu Ribadu Joins PDP by BashirAhmad1(m): 6:56pm On Aug 16, 2014
A former Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Nuhu Ribadu, has joined the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, in Adamawa State.

Mr. Ribadu was the presidential candidate of the defunct Action Congress of Nigeria, ACN, in 2011 and joins the PDP from the All Progressives Congress.

A member of the executive committee of the PDP in in Bako, Mr. Ribadu’s ward in Yola South Local Government Area, informed PREMIUM TIMES that the anti-corruption chief has been registered as a member of the party.

PREMIUM TIMES had reported how the PDP leadership led by the party’s national chairman, Adamu Muazu, mounted pressure on Mr. Ribadu to join the party and be its candidate for the October 11 governorship election in Adamawa.

The Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, had released time table for the election to replace former governor Murtala Nyako who was impeached by the State Assembly last month.

‎Already, Acting Governor Umaru Fintiri and son of former chairman of the PDP, Bamanga Tukur, Awwal Tukur, have picked the notice of ‎ intent form to fly the PDP’s flag for the election.

Efforts to speak with Mr. Ribadu or his spokesperson, Abdulaziz Abdulaziz, were unsuccessful.

‎Both men’s mobile phones were switched off when PREMIUM TIMES tried to reach them.
Mr. Ribadu is yet to publicly declare for the PDP although he has not refuted any of the reports linking him to the party.

Source: www.premiumtimesng.com

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Nuhu Ribadu Joins PDP by Nobody: 6:57pm On Aug 16, 2014
Is anyone suprised by this news? My only suprise is that it is called 'breaking news'. Politicians will keep jumping parties, cos that is part of democratic tenets and practice. From America to India and Nigeria, it is the same.

They say "acting is an imitation of life on stage". Politicians are actors who 'imitate stage on life'. All over the world, people are loosing confidence in politicians(no wonder a county in America elected a dog; Mayor) cos of double - standards and incosistency.

As we approach 2015, let us get ready to laugh cos a lot of people are going to recant their statements and positions. Some would ask for pictures of them saying what they said earlier, only to deny it was them when shown. Politicians, everywhere, are ready to do anything for relevance! I pity their poor blind followers that waste their precious time on them.

APC, are you people still asking if GEJ would win 2015?

Olusegun Osoba is next...

23 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Nuhu Ribadu Joins PDP by earthgreeners(m): 6:57pm On Aug 16, 2014
lets hear from the horses mth.. tired of rumours
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Nuhu Ribadu Joins PDP by MANGAM(m): 6:57pm On Aug 16, 2014
Political prostitute grin
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Nuhu Ribadu Joins PDP by MizMyColi(f): 6:58pm On Aug 16, 2014
shocked
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Nuhu Ribadu Joins PDP by Osama10(m): 6:58pm On Aug 16, 2014
smiley
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Nuhu Ribadu Joins PDP by Tolexander: 7:02pm On Aug 16, 2014
What a nice move!

Considering the fact that he was betrayed when he was in ACN and the whole members of the state house of assembly being in PDP. He has made the best move.

16 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Nuhu Ribadu Joins PDP by segzyj(m): 7:03pm On Aug 16, 2014
Welcome back home...... The prodigal Son

5 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Nuhu Ribadu Joins PDP by Brimmie(m): 7:08pm On Aug 16, 2014
Now I know that these people are after their selfish means. Sorry for Nigeria.

But wait o?
"Efforts to speak with Mr. Ribadu or his Spokesperson, Abdulaziz Abdulaziz, were unsuccessful. Both men’s mobile telephones phones were switched off when PREMIUM TIMES tried to reach them. Mr. Ribadu is yet to publicly declare for the PDP although he has not refuted any of the reports linking him to the party."

I don't think it's a true story. It appears that some quarters are mainly testing waters.

#APC2015
*******/Fashola

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Nuhu Ribadu Joins PDP by Nobody: 7:08pm On Aug 16, 2014
Over to obiageli and Co grin grin grin grin

14 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Nuhu Ribadu Joins PDP by Articul8(m): 7:11pm On Aug 16, 2014
More reason why I cnt vote and trust any politician. Does it mean he doesn't av policy or he's taking his ideology 2 PDP?
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Nuhu Ribadu Joins PDP by Eldavido1: 7:13pm On Aug 16, 2014
PDP stealing from APC, APC stealing from PDP. I pray PDP doesnt betray him when it matters. Wish he wins the gubernatorial election, he will make a fine governor.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Nuhu Ribadu Joins PDP by Nobody: 7:16pm On Aug 16, 2014
Good luck to Ribadu!!!

1 Like

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Nuhu Ribadu Joins PDP by Nobody: 7:16pm On Aug 16, 2014
Where is the bitter, old, confused, angry and frustrated Gbawe?

Gbawe, Ntorr!

43 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Nuhu Ribadu Joins PDP by mumubynature(m): 7:18pm On Aug 16, 2014
Mr Riba-dun=(Bribery is sweet) cant get enough bribe from former parties.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Nuhu Ribadu Joins PDP by jmaine: 7:19pm On Aug 16, 2014

8 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Nuhu Ribadu Joins PDP by talktimi(m): 7:20pm On Aug 16, 2014
But Gbawe swore by obatala and amadioha that Ribadu wouldnt make such a yeye move undecided

16 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Nuhu Ribadu Joins PDP by OchukoisBlack(m): 7:21pm On Aug 16, 2014
Nigerian Politicians are just Hopeless!! Why dem no fit siddon one place? Just jumping from one place to d oda,greedy fellas
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Nuhu Ribadu Joins PDP by latestsunny(m): 7:22pm On Aug 16, 2014
No politician deserves to be TRUSTED. They are all prostitutes
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Nuhu Ribadu Joins PDP by Nobody: 7:23pm On Aug 16, 2014
NAME: chimax
DATE OF BIRTH: 15th sept.199..
HOBBIES:
-Catching lizards, snakes and taking
hyenas for
walk;
-Catching bullets with bare hands.
MY RECORD:
-Killed superman;
-Skinned a crocodile alive;
-Held my breath under water for
2months.
GREATEST ACHIEVEMENT:
-The very first man to walk on the sun;
-Fluent in 10,565 languages.
SILLY THINGS DONE:
-Drank the red sea dry;
-Sky diving from outer space.
EMBARRASSING MOMENT:
-Couldn't kill 1,000 lions with a single
punch, only killed 999
instantly, then tamed the last one.
SOMETHING ABOUT ME:
I really dont like to brag
PS - That's for those always asking via
Pm 'can I know you
more'... now you know...

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Nuhu Ribadu Joins PDP by bcomputer101: 7:23pm On Aug 16, 2014
+1
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Nuhu Ribadu Joins PDP by Nobody: 7:26pm On Aug 16, 2014
talktimi: But Gbawe swore by obatala and amadioha that Ribadu wouldnt make such a yeye move undecided
You should have known by now that Gbawe is ALWAYS wrong.

12 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Nuhu Ribadu Joins PDP by hakanai(m): 7:27pm On Aug 16, 2014
Finally,we can move on again!!!!
I think there is a bigger picture to the decamping. Its kind of reducing the likely younger generation that could be used to for the presidential post in the opposition ranks.The APC needs to begin massive grooming of possible candidates to float from multiple zones of interest that can make waves.Cos right now the options are becoming slimmer.With this the treat of a Ribadu candidacy for presidential is lost in the opposition.
I fear that more will decamp after the primaries.Only consolation is that same could happen in the PDP too. Even with that APC seems more prone to losing members. As they have little to offer as consolation for people that lose primaries compared to the ruling PDP.They would have more to dangle (contracts,appointment & bribes etc).It will boil down to the Nigerian people to salvage the nation if...rice matter,intimidation & BH is not used!

APC wake Up oooo!!!!!
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Nuhu Ribadu Joins PDP by idumuose(m): 7:33pm On Aug 16, 2014
Gbawe is a failed analyst.That was the same way he swore that Fayemi was going to defeat Fayose befor the Ekiti election was held.He is a failed analyst.
talktimi: But Gbawe swore by obatala and amadioha that Ribadu wouldnt make such a yeye move undecided

16 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Nuhu Ribadu Joins PDP by Chino72: 7:35pm On Aug 16, 2014
The Islamic APC is dead! cheesy

8 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Nuhu Ribadu Joins PDP by Nobody: 7:36pm On Aug 16, 2014
Awesome, My favorite Nigerian politician now in the party I have a soft spot for.
He'll make an excellent governor and hopefully a great president in 2019 #TeamRibadu
This is effectively the biggest political defection of the year and a sucker punch to the APC , they've lost their brightest star to the PDP, they relegated him to the background and it would have been politically naive not to accept an automatic ticket from the PDP that not only guarantees him the Adamawa governorship seat but also a realistic shot at the presidency in 2019

5 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Nuhu Ribadu Joins PDP by Tolexander: 7:39pm On Aug 16, 2014
Sincere9gerian:
You should have known by now that Gbawe is ALWAYS wrong.
idumuose: Gbawe is a failed analyst.That was the same way he swore that Fayemi was going to defeat Fayose befor the Ekiti election was held.He is a failed analyst.
falsum in uno, falsum in omnibus!
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Nuhu Ribadu Joins PDP by Nobody: 7:41pm On Aug 16, 2014
Chino72: The Islamic APC is dead! cheesy
I never knew Mallam Nuhu Ribadu was a christian

12 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Nuhu Ribadu Joins PDP by omenka(m): 7:42pm On Aug 16, 2014
How do you manage to live with yourself It must really be hard.

Whatever it is, I'm a fan of the gentleman.
Wish him luck and hope he doesn't regret it.

#politics.

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Nuhu Ribadu Joins PDP by NgeneUkwenu(f): 7:47pm On Aug 16, 2014

Stop spreading falsehood occupy social media, where did Gbawe swear for the fella? Bring up the post or forever remain a worthless pay as you go internet troll!

6 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Nuhu Ribadu Joins PDP by kmariko: 7:48pm On Aug 16, 2014
If this is true then the powers that be are prepping Ribadu as the president after Good luck.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Nuhu Ribadu Joins PDP by neena: 7:49pm On Aug 16, 2014
The "christiainic" Ribadu joined the "christianic" party, right?

@topic: Ribadu is a fine man. I wish him luck. It's just odd to serve under a man you once ran against. Then again, Ribadu is old enough to make his choices.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why I Don't Support Biafra By An Anioma Man / Yakubu Gowon Was The True Hero Of The Civil War / Fayemi: Ekiti Parades Best Civil Service In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.