Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,705 members, 7,802,100 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:12 AM

Single Friends Of Married Peeps. - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Single Friends Of Married Peeps. (28118 Views)

Is It Now Normal For Married Women To Cook For Their Male Single Friends? / Why Do People Abandon Their Single Friends After Marriage? / To All The Married Peeps How Is Your Marriage Like? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Single Friends Of Married Peeps. by Gbagauns: 9:55am On Aug 18, 2014
Re: Single Friends Of Married Peeps. by Nobody: 10:07am On Aug 18, 2014
remsonik: I just give the friendship some space when they get married!! Abegiiii!! I have my life to build than to start feeling insecured about someone else marital status
Same here...

1 Like

Re: Single Friends Of Married Peeps. by ayusco85(m): 10:09am On Aug 18, 2014
KanwuliaJara: Single people have NO business hanging out with married people!
Nothing in common!
They should only meet in PUBLIC places like social gatherings!
The sentiments cannot be avoided.

Even if the married people ACT LIKE MARRIED PEOPLE. . . .which comes naturally. . .THE SINGLE PEOPLE WILL ALWAYS COMPLAIN!
Making innocents statements which bring up HUSBAND AND CHILDREN. . .will ALWAYS CAUSE FEELINGS OF INSECURITY WITH THE SINGLE PEEPS!

The reason I AVOID THEM!
[size=20pt]THE SINGLE WOMEN ARE THE VERY WORST!!!![/size]
You can never totally feel free to discuss your life WITH THEM without sounding like you are 'pitying' them or making them feel 'inadequate'!
Even if you say to them. . .I CAN'T WAIT FOR MY HUSBAND TO COME BACK FROM WORK. . . or I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE KIDS TO COME BACK FROM SCHOOL. . . . Ha! You are mocking them because they are single.

NANSENZZZZZZZZZZZE!!!

Yes. . . some married people MEAN TO DO JUST THAT! Their prerogative!
STAY ON YOUR OWN OR GO OUT WITH ONLY SINGLE PEEPS!
Period! kiss

I DON'T ENTERTAIN THEM IN MY HOUSE. . . . . ESPECIALLY THE FEMALES. . . .I get extremely irritated by their 'sme-sme' nonsense! I don't wanna cuss them out with all that 'self-pity' and 'insecurities' going on within THEIR BODIES, MINDS AND SOULS!
If I were single. . . I WILL NEVER HANG OUT WITH ANY MARRIED WOMAN! NEVER!!!!! I WOULD NOT GIVVVVVA A QUARTER OF A PHOCK WHAT SHE GAT EITHER! Na me sen dem 'marriage message'? undecided Soooooooooooo, why should I CARE? undecided

Sheeeeeeeeeesh!kiss

Men!!!! U get mouth grin
Re: Single Friends Of Married Peeps. by melodek(m): 10:21am On Aug 18, 2014
its never there forth, our environment contribute to it, when we begin to see marriage as the topmost success for singles even after schooling and successful carrier without ending it in a man house those acheivment are still see as minor, so Ladies nowadays want to get out of this trap and get married at all cost.

1 Like

Re: Single Friends Of Married Peeps. by greggng: 10:23am On Aug 18, 2014
An average woman is an ogbanje so the ve so many issues.
Re: Single Friends Of Married Peeps. by dandollar1: 10:27am On Aug 18, 2014
Women and marriage ehn!

1 Like

Re: Single Friends Of Married Peeps. by UjSizzle(f): 10:44am On Aug 18, 2014
I suppose this is for people who feel marriage is the ultimate achievement.

9 Likes

Re: Single Friends Of Married Peeps. by olashas(f): 11:14am On Aug 18, 2014
EfemenaXY: ^^ I know.

Society doesn't help either.

As long as the girl child is groomed into thinking marriage is the ultimate achievement in life, then that mentality displayed by the insecure ladies is here to stay.
Very true
Re: Single Friends Of Married Peeps. by Sweetlemon(f): 11:20am On Aug 18, 2014
It's JEALOUSY. Nothing else.

Women and insecurities. They don't even like it when you have a boyfriend and they don't. Not to talk of when you are married.
Re: Single Friends Of Married Peeps. by Sweetlemon(f): 11:21am On Aug 18, 2014
UjSizzle: I suppose this is for people who feel marriage is the ultimate achievement.

Yep! And 95% of Nigerian women think so.

2 Likes

Re: Single Friends Of Married Peeps. by Nobody: 11:51am On Aug 18, 2014
bukatyne:

Thanks a lot, God bless you

I created the topic with my mobile embarassed

@Topic: Do some married peeps purposely flaunt their family to their single friends?
Lol. Sometimes it's intentional, since my friends are always looking for what to say, when am in the mood, I give them something to talk about. grin
Ordinarily, I love PDA(Public Display of Affection), so I used to do it without any thing in mind, then they kept misinterpreting it... I just decided I wouldn't stop using my hubby for dp in a bid to please any1.

-one even told me I rushed into marriage, and she puts me in prayer...can u imagine that. To think I dated my hubby for 5yrs and she calls dat rush.
Re: Single Friends Of Married Peeps. by babestell(f): 11:56am On Aug 18, 2014
Sweetlemon:

Yep! And 95% of Nigerian women think so.

Haba its not that bad na. Only an opinion sample on this thread will show you.
Re: Single Friends Of Married Peeps. by babestell(f): 12:06pm On Aug 18, 2014
Sweetlemon: It's JEALOUSY. Nothing else.

Women and insecurities. They don't even like it when you have a boyfriend and they don't. Not to talk of when you are married.

It may not always be jealousy. Some girls just grow up hearing all sorts of crap about how to live their life, what society expects from them etc that when they are faced with situations like this they do not know how to react.

Someone on this thread said she dropped all her single friends when she got married and only hooked up with them when they got married too. If those single friends had complained, it wouldn't have been out of jealousy.

Also those friendships where girls quarrel because one is hooked up and the other is not are mostly built on flimsy premises. All those fast friendships that I saw girls build up in school that always scattered before end of semester because of stupid reasons. grin

2 Likes

Re: Single Friends Of Married Peeps. by Sunshinelady(f): 12:24pm On Aug 18, 2014
Stillfire:

Thank you o.
Many single women make me sick, especially in the church...arrgghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!! That one is another story.
Every youth program would be turned to a husband finding and praying program.
. Chai diariz godu o, see all dese pple acting like dey weren't once single, or dey won't hav daughters dat will be singl b4 bein married. U pple hav just proved d OP right. Anyways, d truth is dat many married ladies don't feel comfortabl around single ladies, mostly cos dey r afraid d lady is out to steal their man or somtin, for instance in a church wen a singl lady dresses scantilly if u see d women rainin curse on her u go fear, but if its a married or pregnant woman pple will look d oda way. I feel d hostility of married women twrds singles is mostly insecurity. Women generally beef each other, talk more of wen there is now disparity of married & not married. But make una no vex 2much , singles will still marry & join d caucus of married women, so dat everybody will be one big happy family wink

4 Likes

Re: Single Friends Of Married Peeps. by baggy4luv(m): 12:36pm On Aug 18, 2014
I posted similar event on face book long ago...I do tell all my girlfriends I don't want any facebook publicity(both marriage and birth of baby)..I told my parents this yesternight and they felt I was crazy..most young married ladies just have their marriage and marriage only..they make their peers feel like lesser humans..marriage of less than a year would turn them to relationship expert..carrying marriage for head like say na nobel prize....especially yoluba girls...am yoruba too..no missiles please

5 Likes

Re: Single Friends Of Married Peeps. by Sweetlemon(f): 1:06pm On Aug 18, 2014
babestell:

Haba its not that bad na. Only an opinion sample on this thread will show you.

It is that bad honey. Ok, 90%. Forget all the outside show. When they are alone they cry to God.

3 Likes

Re: Single Friends Of Married Peeps. by Sweetlemon(f): 1:13pm On Aug 18, 2014
babestell:

It may not always be jealousy. Some girls just grow up hearing all sorts of crap about how to live their life, what society expects from them etc that when they are faced with situations like this they do not know how to react.

Someone on this thread said she dropped all her single friends when she got married and only hooked up with them when they got married too. If those single friends had complained, it wouldn't have been out of jealousy.

Also those friendships where girls quarrel because one is hooked up and the other is not are mostly built on flimsy premises. All those fast friendships that I saw girls build up in school that always scattered before end of semester because of stupid reasons. grin

To be honest, both the married and singles have issues.

But from my experience I will tell you that there is nothing a married woman can do or say when around singles that will not make it look like she's trying to rub her status in their faces.

Also, married women have this levels-don-change mentality. (even if their husbands no get money o!) The way they carry themselves changes. Everything changes and they often feel superior to the singles. But often times, jealousy from the singles is more than all these factors and that is why married women tend to give their distance once married.
Re: Single Friends Of Married Peeps. by CircleOfWilis: 1:17pm On Aug 18, 2014
Emmaomotob: Delete the 'pls' add 's to people and endeavour using your capslock on 'g' and help to test the power of yor backspace on (s) kiss
k, thank you!
I wrote in pidgin, y should I make g 'G'
Re: Single Friends Of Married Peeps. by lockupman(m): 1:19pm On Aug 18, 2014
You're so blunt but I love it. I don't hang out with married guys either. It doesn't make sense as a guy, let alone single babes hanging out with married women, single lady wey bad belle full their body, na so so gossip, guys are cool in some ways, no fear of gossip, only mutual respect. I always warn my younger sister to desist from mingling with those single friends of hers, they would lead her into temptation and advise her wrongly. You are so on point dearie.

KanwuliaJara: Single people have NO business hanging out with married people!
Nothing in common!
They should only meet in PUBLIC places like social gatherings!
The sentiments cannot be avoided.

Even if the married people ACT LIKE MARRIED PEOPLE. . . .which comes naturally. . .THE SINGLE PEOPLE WILL ALWAYS COMPLAIN!
Making innocents statements which bring up HUSBAND AND CHILDREN. . .will ALWAYS CAUSE FEELINGS OF INSECURITY WITH THE SINGLE PEEPS!

The reason I AVOID THEM!
[size=20pt]THE SINGLE WOMEN ARE THE VERY WORST!!!![/size]
You can never totally feel free to discuss your life WITH THEM without sounding like you are 'pitying' them or making them feel 'inadequate'!
Even if you say to them. . .I CAN'T WAIT FOR MY HUSBAND TO COME BACK FROM WORK. . . or I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE KIDS TO COME BACK FROM SCHOOL. . . . Ha! You are mocking them because they are single.

NANSENZZZZZZZZZZZE!!!

Yes. . . some married people MEAN TO DO JUST THAT! Their prerogative!
STAY ON YOUR OWN OR GO OUT WITH ONLY SINGLE PEEPS!
Period! kiss

I DON'T ENTERTAIN THEM IN MY HOUSE. . . . . ESPECIALLY THE FEMALES. . . .I get extremely irritated by their 'sme-sme' nonsense! I don't wanna cuss them out with all that 'self-pity' and 'insecurities' going on within THEIR BODIES, MINDS AND SOULS!
If I were single. . . I WILL NEVER HANG OUT WITH ANY MARRIED WOMAN! NEVER!!!!! I WOULD NOT GIVVVVVA A QUARTER OF A PHOCK WHAT SHE GAT EITHER! Na me sen dem 'marriage message'? undecided Soooooooooooo, why should I CARE? undecided

Sheeeeeeeeeesh!kiss
Re: Single Friends Of Married Peeps. by Emmaomotob(m): 1:27pm On Aug 18, 2014
babestell:

This is one of those saying whose meaning is blown out of place just to pass across points which are invalid.
.......because you wanted it to look so. sad My points are simple,VALID and unappologetic.
Re: Single Friends Of Married Peeps. by KanwuliaJara: 1:56pm On Aug 18, 2014
lockupman:
You're so blunt but I love it. I don't hang out with married guys either. It doesn't make sense as a guy, let alone single babes hanging out with married women, single lady wey bad belle full their body, na so so gossip, guys are cool in some ways, no fear of gossip, only mutual respect. I always warn my younger sister to desist from mingling with those single friends of hers, they would lead her into temptation and advise her wrongly. You are so on point dearie.

Tank yo!kiss
Re: Single Friends Of Married Peeps. by bukatyne(f): 1:57pm On Aug 18, 2014
damiso: It's just normal to talk about your kids and husband as a married person (heck I am sure I even go on sometimes about them on NL embarassed) but sometimes you have to make a conscious effort to broaden conversations if the person you are talking to has different interests,I get on well with my single friends but our topics of discussion tends to vary from those who are married with kids.I even try to be sensitive when discussing with married TTC cos if you are not careful simple things you say might be misconstrued as flaunting your kids.

If someone has been your friend before you get married I actually think you just talking about your husband and kids all the time is weird.Did you guys not have similar interests for to be called friends before you got married so yeah I agree(a bit just a bit) that it won't kill some people to have a wider scope of conversation outside of their husbands and kids.

And I agree with Efemenaxy it could actually work the other way I.e the married person being jealous of the single persons ability to just up and go where career takes them.It takes a certain degree of self belief for me not to be jealous of the strides some of my single friends unencumbered with young children have made in their careers.I just believe everyone should realise we all have different journeys and paths and learn to love themselves without unnecessary comparisons.I have friends who got married at 25 and are divorced some who got married at 23 and are still happily married some at 32 etc etc just face your own path. Women and wahala sha.

I think you get the meat of the gist.

Men married or not will discuss family, sports, work, music, car etc. so I wonder why married women should only discuss husband and kids.

What happened to fashion, current trends, hair, music, work, nation etc?

3 Likes

Re: Single Friends Of Married Peeps. by KanwuliaJara: 2:00pm On Aug 18, 2014
ayusco85:

Men!!!! U get mouth grin

With BIG-BIG Teeth too! wink
Re: Single Friends Of Married Peeps. by bukatyne(f): 2:02pm On Aug 18, 2014
coogar: only women feel jealous about such nonsense given their nature. i have never heard of single men complain about whatever their married friends have to say about wife & kids.

women would always create problems where there should be none. everything was cool in eden until eve got there. arranta nonsensicus!

True but then married men rarely gist about their families alone
Re: Single Friends Of Married Peeps. by KanwuliaJara: 2:05pm On Aug 18, 2014
Emmaomotob: You sound a bit restless.8 o'clock is the time for school,getting late to school this Monday morning is not a good omen. smiley

Mtcheeeeeee!
Good MORNING to you too! kiss
Re: Single Friends Of Married Peeps. by bukatyne(f): 2:09pm On Aug 18, 2014
Kachisbarbie: Oh, my own single friends are the worst.
I remember going for a wedding with 1, and they were wasting a lot of time there.

By to 5, I couldn't take it again, this was a Sat, I haven't prepared food for the next week,so I said 'babes, I gats dey go, I need prepare food for the fam'

Chimu o, naso I take find trouble, she just shouted 'Onyi done yab me, no worry, God wey do am for u, go do am for us' I was embarrased.

I don't really act like am married so much around my friends, but they take it upon their self to remind me.
-like during our late night gossips, once e done reach, 10pm and I'm still pinging with them, they will say, married woman , u won't go and sleep.
- I love skimpy wears, so as @when due I wear them, once I use it on my bbm dp, dey will attack, 'did ur hubby see this'.
- If I come wear native, tie gele, dey wud still attack, Onyi ure just 20+ o, don't turn ursef to old woman.....damn, U can't seem to please them.

Another side of the coin

I agree some single people can be toxic though
Re: Single Friends Of Married Peeps. by coogar: 2:11pm On Aug 18, 2014
bukatyne:

True but then married men rarely gist about their families alone

it's impossible that married women only talk about their families alone. single women only pick that out of the 25 things that were discussed and choose to be offended by it.

4 Likes

Re: Single Friends Of Married Peeps. by babestell(f): 2:12pm On Aug 18, 2014
coogar:

it's impossible that married women only talk about their families alone. single women only pick that out of the 25 things that were discussed and choose to be offended by it.

Hahahahahaahhahaahhaha!!!!!!!
Re: Single Friends Of Married Peeps. by bukatyne(f): 2:18pm On Aug 18, 2014
coogar:

Trust me, some do discuss their families alone and bring up discussions around their families when not necessary

2 Likes

Re: Single Friends Of Married Peeps. by coogar: 2:21pm On Aug 18, 2014
bukatyne:

Trust me, some do discuss their families alone and bring up discussions around their families when not necessary

it is what bothers people the most that they would talk about. family is important - how come single men don't find this offensive as much as single women when talking to married women?

1 Like

Re: Single Friends Of Married Peeps. by sexybash(f): 2:22pm On Aug 18, 2014
This thread just show the kind of women we breed
Justbecause. Am married then I should throw my. Unmarried friends away Abi
Una try may God almighty judge you. People for been sentimental towards single. Women ( FYI) I am married and have a child
Dat why. When una husband start to deal with una no go know where to go
Smh for women who think marriage is a destination and achievement
Leave single girls alone they are not the. Cause of your boredom in marriage

6 Likes

Re: Single Friends Of Married Peeps. by Nobody: 2:41pm On Aug 18, 2014
Kachisbarbie: Oh, my own single friends are the worst.
I remember going for a wedding with 1, and they were wasting a lot of time there.

By to 5, I couldn't take it again, this was a Sat, I haven't prepared food for the next week,so I said 'babes, I gats dey go, I need prepare food for the fam'

Chimu o, naso I take find trouble, she just shouted 'Onyi done yab me, no worry, God wey do am for u, go do am for us' I was embarrased.

I don't really act like am married so much around my friends, but they take it upon their self to remind me.
-like during our late night gossips, once e done reach, 10pm and I'm still pinging with them, they will say, married woman , u won't go and sleep.
- I love skimpy wears, so as @when due I wear them, once I use it on my bbm dp, dey will attack, 'did ur hubby see this'.
- If I come wear native, tie gele, dey wud still attack, Onyi ure just 20+ o, don't turn ursef to old woman.....damn, U can't seem to please them.
lmao...I can relate to this, one wud just become something else trying to please people, I like criticism at times sha, it helps me get better.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Want To Buy This Washing Machine For My Wife / Trying To Help My Family Member And It Backfired / Do Married Men Go Home After Work?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.