Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,500 members, 7,781,514 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:58 PM

Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine - Health (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine (65981 Views)

Ebola: Infected Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine. / Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola / My Body Discharges Electricity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by Mickey7(m): 11:51am On Aug 17, 2014
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by rawtruth(m): 12:31pm On Aug 17, 2014
UchihaMadara: Curious to know the treatment method used.

... They won't let anyone know the kind of drug/s and the method used at the moment; it's a financial secret. The good thing is that it happened here, and perhaps it's a wholly "local content".

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by Lamasta(m): 1:25pm On Aug 17, 2014
God is a Nigerian

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by happiclox: 1:58pm On Aug 17, 2014
She still has d ability 2 infect pple o...biko dey shud quarantine her 4 some more time.10x 2 d Almighty tho.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by Gentlemimi2: 2:11pm On Aug 17, 2014
Forwetinnah:

Na over sabi wan kee her there. .same chick said the FG was doing nothing to curb the spread of the disease sometime last week. Heavy oponu claiming to know every. She don turn psychic wey dey perceive catastrophe from a distance. Shiooor
Ahswear. Ignorance is bliss... Internet has made some people become village warriors who have zero knowldge abt vital matters. Everyone dey claim professor. LMAO!

@ cyberwolf the cyberfool,use more of ur brain and less of ur filthy mouth. Fvckhead,some individuals were laying the blame on the medical team that handled the index case. None of them made reference to the future,or ways to check future hazard spread. But u are damn too slow to even know that,blawdy fool with a useless brain. Go have your meal,your starved brain might just pack up permanently. Ya brain dey smell.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by Drdreluv: 2:12pm On Aug 17, 2014
Can Ɣ☺u pls elaborate more hw wil she help to save more life
oluwasegunfummi: They should collect her blood sample, @ this point she will still have those antibodies in circulation, nigeria shouldn't let her just go, she's an experimental tool, ebola virus only kills 90% of its victims, this woman is part of the remaining 10%, I repeat, she is an experimental tool, make nigeria no dull this one........eko o ni baje oooo cool
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by oluwasegunfummi: 2:22pm On Aug 17, 2014
Drdreluv: Can Ɣ☺u pls elaborate more hw wil she help to save more life
our immune system normally synthesize specific antibodies(immunoglobulins) for any antigen (like bacteria, toxins, viruses etc) that infects any host/human in order to get rid of them. These immunoglobulins are specific and unique for every kind of antigen. If the doctor is ebola free now, that means her immune system would have synthesized an antibody that can get rid of that type of ebolavirus, if not she wouldn't have recovered. This antibodies are released into the bloodstream, so if the blood sample can be obtained, this particular ebolavirus antibody can be identified and that's a promising pharmaceutical solution for the quagmire of ebolavirus fatality.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by CyberWolf: 2:26pm On Aug 17, 2014
Gentlemimi2:
Ahswear. Ignorance is bliss... Internet has made some people become village warriors who have zero knowldge abt vital matters. Everyone dey claim professor. LMAO!

@ cyberwolf the cyberfool,use more of ur brain and less of ur filthy mouth. Fvckhead,some individuals were laying the blame on the medical team that handled the index case. None of them made reference to the future,or ways to check future hazard spread. But u are damn too slow to even know that,blawdy fool with a useless brain. Go have your meal,your starved brain might just pack up permanently. Ya brain dey smell.
and your rotten brain can't figure out the msg they are trying to pass across...scum
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by Johniky19(m): 2:29pm On Aug 17, 2014
don mind Obama and his people, they just want the people of Africa to suffer from this disease but our GOD say NO.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by Gentlemimi2: 2:44pm On Aug 17, 2014
CyberWolf: and your rotten brain can't figure out the msg they are trying to pass across...scum
Lol! This tin dey pepper u wella for that ur malnourished body. Drink otapiapia to feel berra,baitch. Now u have twisted it to ''message''. You are really fecked up. What a hopeless case u are! We were discussing the protocol which occured on 20th July,fool. We all know what to do in future, brainless oaf. Nobody needs a nitwit like u to tell us protocols to take at the point of emergency. Olodo feeling funky.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by jsunex(m): 2:49pm On Aug 17, 2014
Good news on a luvly Sunday

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by kayustones: 2:58pm On Aug 17, 2014
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by Sylverbox(m): 2:58pm On Aug 17, 2014
Tallesty1: This is just the genesis of the good news, the rest will soon recover.

Nigeria will win the fight against the virus.

Eboma should go and die.
Now that we have started having survivors(I know we will have more) you will not see it on that Yeye CNN that likes painting Nigeria in dark light. God go punish any oyibo wey wan come collect serum samples from our survivors!
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by morbeta(m): 3:17pm On Aug 17, 2014
Goodnews as it may sound, dis mumus shld still keep her under abservation....We just want to make empty noise dat we have gotten it rite.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by omogidi234(m): 3:38pm On Aug 17, 2014
gbadexy:

www.vanguardngr.com/2014/08/ebola-infected-nigerian-doctor-recovers-discharges-from-quarantine/#sthash.nBYjeovz.dpuf

I'm not given to sensationalism but I'm excited by this news.
Its going to go a long way in boosting the confidence of the care givers and increase the morale and fighting spirit of the other infected victims to survive.
I want to believe our standard of living is higher than those countries with 60% mortality rate of the EVD or at least those were impoverished people in their rural area with not so high immunity. Nothing stops the mortality rate being 40% or lower here with good nutrition and health supplements.

When I heard this, tears of joy wellooo for my eyes. God be praised. I learnt that much more than the treatment, the Dr was strong willed to survive.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by omogidi234(m): 3:41pm On Aug 17, 2014
morbeta: Goodnews as it may sound, dis mumus shld still keep her under abservation....We just want to make empty noise dat we have gotten it rite.

No bros, One of the lead persons taking care of them addressed a gathering I was. They did all WHO required test for Ebola before she was discharged. It is not a matter of trying to make empty Noise.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by Nobody: 3:41pm On Aug 17, 2014
Idrismusty97: Did she bath with salt and water abi na nano-siliver she take? Waiting to hear the full gist...

BTW Obama should take this! grin

Nawa for Nairalanders...

grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by Nobody: 3:43pm On Aug 17, 2014
Bluetooth2:

He's an American citizen probably sent by Obama to deal with Nigeria. grin grin

You have a point...

I will set up a committee to look into this. .
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by Confilass: 3:49pm On Aug 17, 2014
It's a miracle only God can do. God thank U. No more lost of lives
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by Nobody: 4:04pm On Aug 17, 2014
GIYAZZ: Shut the ffuck up! Ffuck America!!

Yet Nigeria's president will beg Obama for help.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by Nobody: 4:06pm On Aug 17, 2014
F117A: are you the only one on this thread?
Shut up.
Let other people post their comment,Madam america.

And who are you to tell me to shut up?
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by monsieursam64(m): 4:20pm On Aug 17, 2014
im just so surprised that most or some people here are raining abuses and curses on Mr obama, as if he is sawyer who brought d virus to Nigeria. Let's stop committing d fallacy, ad hominen and instead hope and pray something is done to curtail this virus.
Meanwhile, im happy for d full recovery of one of d infected patients, and i believe this is d beginning of the end of ebola.
God bless Africa..
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by CyberWolf: 4:42pm On Aug 17, 2014
Gentlemimi2:
Lol! This tin dey pepper u wella for that ur malnourished body. Drink otapiapia to feel berra,baitch. Now u have twisted it to ''message''. You are really fecked up. What a hopeless case u are! We were discussing the protocol which occured on 20th July,fool. We all know what to do in future, brainless oaf. Nobody needs a nitwit like u to tell us protocols to take at the point of emergency. Olodo feeling funky.
idiotic mofo..I ask you again what do you know this hopeless idioot?..bastardd prostitutee ..
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by femi9naija(m): 4:56pm On Aug 17, 2014
I thought a victim of ebola could still carry the virus for 60 days even after cure?
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by Gentlemimi2: 5:32pm On Aug 17, 2014
CyberWolf: idiotic mofo..I ask you again what do you know this hopeless idioot?..bastardd prostitutee ..
We both know u are as dumb as a log of wood ,so telling u a tenth of what i know might put u in permanent coma. I do not wish to overwork your snail-pace brain grin oloshious imbe gringrin.,Everything you know on earth cannot help in making ur life better than its present miserable state. Your stupidity is so intense,it makes the slowpoke on the street stagger with respect. . Lol!
Even intelligent illiterates think they have advice to give health professionals. You go fear fear na...! The internet is the best thing that will ever happen to u. LMAO!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by CyberWolf: 5:35pm On Aug 17, 2014
Gentlemimi2:
We both know u are as dumb as a log of wood ,so telling u a tenth of what i know might put u in permanent coma. I do not wish to overwork your snail-pace brain grin oloshious imbe gringrin.,Everything you know on earth cannot help in making ur life better than its present miserable state. Your stupidity is so intense,it makes the slowpoke on the street stagger with respect. . Lol!
Even intelligent illiterates think they have advice to give health professionals. You go fear fear na...! The internet is the best thing that will ever happen to u. LMAO!
so says a worthless, hopeless white slave...
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by allgoodlight(m): 5:40pm On Aug 17, 2014
Gabbysky:

Dude! Take a chill pill plz with all this ur plenty grammar. Look at it this way:
A stranger comes to ur house uninvited (becos u're not at home), he infected ur children with a dealy disease that's killing then as u and ur wife watch helplessly, the stranger's brother has a cure for the disease but woulnd't save ur kids, rather, mocks you and laugh at all your efforts in trying to save ur children, then when you try to make a head way, he comes accusing you of trying to kill you already dying child.
Now, by some stroke of miracle, your children start recovering from the disease - and you want me to still praise the wicked stranger?

Point is, An American brought the disease to Nigeria, America has the drugs for the disease but refused to send to us. America should have at the least, tried to save the Doctor. Simple.
hmmm May God bless your intellect you are right.Thanks Gabbysky you are a rare creature from an awesome creator if only others is like you presenting their view without insulting enabling me to see it in different angle.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by rhames(m): 5:44pm On Aug 17, 2014
gbadexy:

www.vanguardngr.com/2014/08/ebola-infected-nigerian-doctor-recovers-discharges-from-quarantine/#sthash.nBYjeovz.dpuf

I'm not given to sensationalism but I'm excited by this news.
Its going to go a long way in boosting the confidence of the care givers and increase the morale and fighting spirit of the other infected victims to survive.
I want to believe our standard of living is higher than those countries with 60% mortality rate of the EVD or at least those were impoverished people in their rural area with not so high immunity. Nothing stops the mortality rate being 40% or lower here with good nutrition and health supplements.

[b][/b]Glory be to God and shame on the countries or continents that dont believe that anything good will ever come out of our blessed continent.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by Gentlemimi2: 5:45pm On Aug 17, 2014
CyberWolf: so says a worthless, hopeless white slave...
Anything beats a poverty ravaged dead dog,even a hopeless white slave. Baitch,a white slave can turn ur impoverished life around for good...muhehehe! A white slave can feed ur whole village. Your case is ''sorry'',your future is ''chai!'',your past is ''yeegbeee''! You are an epitome of hereditary imbecilic stuuupidity

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by afrodoc(m): 6:28pm On Aug 17, 2014
Gentlemimi2:
Anything beats a poverty ravaged dead dog,even a hopeless white slave. Baitch,a white slave can turn ur impoverished life around for good...muhehehe! A white slave can feed ur whole village. Your case is ''sorry'',your future is ''chai!'',your past is ''yeegbeee''! You are an epitome of hereditary imbecilic stuuupidity

Haba, mimi you are not gentle at all o.....CHEI! Diareez God ooo
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by Nobody: 6:33pm On Aug 17, 2014
The same people who degrade Nigerian Doctors.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by Gentlemimi2: 6:42pm On Aug 17, 2014
afrodoc:

Haba, mimi you are not gentle at all o.....CHEI! Diareez God ooo
Lol! Ayam veli gentle. I have zero tolerance for imbeciles who use insults to hide their lack of intelligence. If only he could pretend to be a little smart,i'd have ignored him. But he flaunted his family trait of madness. I needed to give him my personal Zmapp. grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

A Healthy Liver Vs A Liver Damaged By Alcohol (Disturbing Photo) / Man Dies At Sperm Bank After 4th Donation In 10 Days (PHOTO) / 5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.