Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,304 members, 7,780,716 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:19 PM

Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine (65979 Views)

Ebola: Infected Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine. / Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola / My Body Discharges Electricity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by ElFenomeno1: 8:59pm On Aug 16, 2014
Bluetooth2:
Shame on Obama

What is this one talking about?! Are you insane?!

Topic.

Fantastic news. Same woman i read about somewhere today that her colleague was pleading with America to send down any drugs they have to save her.... Wonderful.. God is great.....Please extend your mercies to the rest of the infected people.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by niyi123456: 8:59pm On Aug 16, 2014
This document was recently leaked onto the internet: http://www.thesilveredge.com/pdf/defense-threat-reduction-agency-silver-nanoparticles-neutralize-hemorrhagic-fever-viruses.pdf

It appears to be suppressed evidence of an extremely effective cure for Ebola virus. One that is apparently inexpensive, readily available, and impossible to patent (due to the fact that it’s a natural substance). Regulatory agencies have been trying, to no avail, to have it banned in the US… and it looks like it has already been successfully banned in the EU.

Document Background

In 2008, the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD), in conjunction with several other federal agencies, quietly conducted clinical research into the use of silver nanoparticles against Ebola and other hemorrhagic fever viruses. Astonishingly, they discovered that silver were highly effective against these deadly viruses, including the nanoparticles Ebola virus. They later presented their findings to federal health regulators and other national health authorities. But these findings were kept top secret.
The presentation was called “Silver Nanoparticle Neutralization of Hemorrhagic Fever Viruses,” and the gist of the presentation was that silver nanoparticles displayed “powerful neutralizing effects against hemorrhagic fever viruses,” including Arenavirus and Filovirus (i.e., Ebola). This clinical presentation was conducted under the auspices of the DoD’s Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA) and the U.S. Strategic Command (USSTRATCOM) Center for Combating Weapons of Mass Destruction, and the presentation was given by researchers from the Applied Biotechnology Branch, 711th Human Performance Wing of the Air Force Research Laboratory. In other words… those are the big guns! Which is to say that they are the very people responsible for keeping this nation safe from outside threats like bioterrorism. That clinical presentation – made to federal regulators and national health authorities – was later summarized in a printed document, de-classified, and cleared for public release. Nonetheless, there were zero news reports to be found on the release of said information… in spite of the fact that Department of Defense researchers found nano-silver to be profoundly effective against Ebola and other hemorrhagic fever viruses.

Furthermore, it appears that this would not be the first time that the Defense Threat Reduction Agency sponsored research into the use of nano-silver for hemorrhagic fever viruses, and found it to be effective. For example, here’s a study (http://en.youscribe.com/…/interaction-of-silver…) published in the prestigious Journal of Nanobiotechnology in 2010, demonstrating silver’s effectiveness against the Tacaribe virus, a hemorrhagic fever virus nearly identical to Ebola.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by Dreyl(m): 9:00pm On Aug 16, 2014
Bluetooth2:
Shame on Obama
shame on that goat Obama

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by Nobody: 9:00pm On Aug 16, 2014
I know this news will give some people running stomach. You can already see them on this thread. But if it was "11 Die of Ebola in Lagos" you'll see them here celebrating because the only thing that matters is to make Nigeria and its govt look bad.
The thing I can never understand is why. Why? Wetin we do una?

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by Firefire(m): 9:00pm On Aug 16, 2014
What a MIGHTY GOD we Serve in Nigeria.

Halleluyah Jesus Reigns

I wish the remaining victims quick recovery by FIRE in the Name of Jesus Christ.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by Firefire(m): 9:00pm On Aug 16, 2014
Masha Allah, Alhamdulillah

And for the remaining Ebola victims Tawkkalna-’ala-Allah

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by halix239(f): 9:01pm On Aug 16, 2014
barcanista: Shame on the Mad Man from Liberia
may he not see anything good in his grave

Ameeeeeeeen
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by oluwasegunfummi: 9:01pm On Aug 16, 2014
abatically:

Professional indeed. So much education for someone who doesn't even know when to use 'I'm' instead of 'am'.
that's why this forum is un-official, you are a nitwit if you don't know that

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by Ucheosefoh(m): 9:01pm On Aug 16, 2014
I am confuse I read on lindaikeji blog where her fellow doctors are rising a campaign for Obama to release Zmapp for her cure. Dr. Ameyo Stella Adadevoh (pictured above) is a Senior
Consultant Physician and Endocrinologist at First
Consultant Hospital in Lagos where late Liberian Patrick
Sawyer was diagnosed with the deadly Ebola disease. She
was one of those who diagnosed and was treating Sawyer
at First Consultant before he died. Unfortunately she was
infected by Sawyer.
Her colleagues put her pic and case out at a press
conference on Thursday, appealing to the U.S Govt to
urgently send whatever treatment they have for the Ebola
virus to Nigeria to save her life and that of other Nigerians
at risk of the disease.
Her colleague Mr Okubadejo said on Thursday;
“She treated Sawyer because she was patriotic only for
her to be infected with the virus. I am appealing to the
U.S. government to send whatever medication they
have to Nigeria fast to save Adadevoh. She does not
deserve to die. So, this is the reason for this appeal,”
I heard Dr. Adadevoh was one of those who refused to let
Sawyer leave the hospital when he attempted to leave
before getting the lab results. She probably saved many
lives by doing this despite pressure from the Liberian
ambassador. Dr. Adadevoh has spent three decades caring
for others and deserves the crusade for the drugs. God be
with her. #USsendZmapp. #SaveDr.Ameyo.
www.lindaikeji..com/2014/08/photo-of-nigerian-doctor-who-got.html?m=1
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by Sweetlemon(f): 9:02pm On Aug 16, 2014
GentleMimi:

SMH. You guys are far from reality. Ignorance is bliss. Do u work in a hospital setting?
The guy was rushed in on sunday night. It was an emergency. He was accompanied by an ECOWAS official. His condition was critical. The first thing that came to the minds of the front desk officer and nurses must have been ''Let us stabilize this individual first''. The guy cld not walk,he had to be assisted by peeps in the hospital,wheeled to the emergency room. Most of the primary cases are those who worked on sunday night/monday morning. You do not ask a guy in a critical condition if he is from Nigeria before u treat him. That is how it is done on the field of work,not behind the phone screen.
Suspicion of Ebola started on monday morning,after the dude claimed to be having MALARIA. He put pressure to be discharged. He denied ever being in contact with an ebola patient despite his sister's death. Under such circumstances,wld any of u have done better? I applaud the whole medical team!

Ms analyzer.

1. They should seen signs and symptoms of ebola and kept their distance until they put on bio-harzards. (of course they didn't have cos they weren't prepared!).

2.They should have been watching out for patients like that considering the fact that WHO and the rest of the world have been warning us about this since.

3. They should have asked the ECOWAS official first immediately after seeing the symptoms.

Now you gerrit?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by iiichidodo: 9:02pm On Aug 16, 2014
somebody's blood just became the most sought after in Nigeria....And no it isn't the blood of Jesus we are talking about right here.

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by yoribo: 9:03pm On Aug 16, 2014
abatically:

Best comment ever. I don't know why people keep blaming Obama. Nigeria is an independent country, USA is also an independent country. Both countries have their own problems, if America thinks for some reason they can't release zmapp (an experimental drug) to Nigeria, its no big deal. Its a challenge to us to make our own research and stop playing the blame game.

Just picture this..... America releases zmapp to Nigeria, it was used on Ebola patients and leads to a catastrophe, now what would be the comment of Nigerians?

The reason why we are here on earth is to complement each other. if American think they have the cure and fail to bring it.
Jesus said if you can not worship God, He will raise stone and sand to do the same

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by moyinoluwabun(m): 9:04pm On Aug 16, 2014
To God be the glory. Awesome God.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by Nobody: 9:04pm On Aug 16, 2014
We thank God
Will she ever want to return to medical practice?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by romi: 9:04pm On Aug 16, 2014
Breathes a sigh of Relief
I pray the remaining patients recover soonest!
I'm so happy hearing this information, Thank God she didn't die cos she was trying to save a life and got infected in the process due to no fault of hers. Singing *because I'm happy in Pharrel williams voice

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by mrking3(m): 9:06pm On Aug 16, 2014
ebdib:

Did Obama bring ebola to Nigeria on that plane?
Let's be reasonable pls
dude shut up already! Seems you're not following events as they unfold! Just last few days we appealed to the US to extend ZMAPP to us and what did we get in response? Instead, they sent the Last dose to Liberia and Guinee! Yesterday again, they assured Ghana that they're solidly behind them incase of Ebola outbreak! America thinks they're God!! Shame unto OBAMA! Shame Unto US! And GOD BLESS NIGERIA !!!!

11 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by kliq(m): 9:06pm On Aug 16, 2014
babyosisi: We thank God

Deep question
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by henryobinna(m): 9:07pm On Aug 16, 2014
Bluetooth2:
Shame on Obama
like seriously, fuçk him!.
but we should not rely on this

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by Nobody: 9:07pm On Aug 16, 2014
''More than conquerors''....... grin grin
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by papindinho(m): 9:07pm On Aug 16, 2014
wow! This gladdens my heart... Now we have something to hold onto....

The fighting spirit will improve and everyone would see that Ebola is not a death sentence..

More great news I expect...

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by Nobody: 9:08pm On Aug 16, 2014
Sweetlemon:

Ms analyzer.

1. They should seen signs and symptoms of ebola and kept their distance until they put on bio-harzards. (of course they didn't have cos they weren't prepared!).

2.They should have been watching out for patients like that considering the fact that WHO and the rest of the world have been warning us about this since.

3. They should have asked the ECOWAS official first immediately after seeing the symptoms.

Now you gerrit?
Obviously you are not a healthcare professional and you have zero idea about what medical emergency protocols are. When a patient is wheeled in half dead you dont stand around asking JAMB questions as a nurse - you get into action. I pray the next time you fall ill, you encounter a nurse who first uses video intercom to interrogate you for 15 minutes while your life is slipping away. After that, maybe you'll learn some appreciation for the work these people do.
Loudmouth.

18 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by Nobody: 9:08pm On Aug 16, 2014
Sweetlemon:

Of course they would have intensified their theory about America on a mission to wipe of the giant of Africa because they are jealous of us.

I don't understand what you guys are driving at. Since the gay issue that included Malawi, Uganda and Nigeria, America has been mad at these countries and has released millions of dollars to fight them till they succumbed to her pressure to reverse the anti-gay law.

America bluffed, the next thing Malawi and Uganada retracted the law except Nigeria. They brought grants; gave others and exempt Nigeria. Then Ebola spread from Liberia, Sierria Leone to Nigeria, the two others got the drug excluding Nigeria and ridicule any attempts by Nigerians to finding a solution despite the fact that Sayer entered Nigeria in a surreptitious way.

If tomorrow Nigeria decides to revoke the anti-gay law, I tell you everything will change in a twinke of an eye. The only person that is not seeing the diplomacy of this ebola crisis is you !

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by abokikhalifa: 9:09pm On Aug 16, 2014
undecided yaagaa
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by Nobody: 9:09pm On Aug 16, 2014
babyosisi: We thank God
She will be the best person to treat ebola infected persons now because she's now immune to the virus. ..just like measles, you can only hv the ailment once....

So happy for this newest development. ..more testimonies to come, AMEN smiley smiley

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by felifeli: 9:09pm On Aug 16, 2014
gbadexy:

www.vanguardngr.com/2014/08/ebola-infected-nigerian-doctor-recovers-discharges-from-quarantine/#sthash.nBYjeovz.dpuf

I'm not given to sensationalism but I'm excited by this news.
Its going to go a long way in boosting the confidence of the care givers and increase the morale and fighting spirit of the other infected victims to survive.
I want to believe our standard of living is higher than those countries with 60% mortality rate of the EVD or at least those were impoverished people in their rural area with not so high immunity. Nothing stops the mortality rate being 40% or lower here with good nutrition and health supplements.

[size=16pt]This report is false. I know the woman and the last report we got of her last night is that she is in critical condition. News still went around this evening to pray for her. A miracle could happen but not one that will cause her to be discharged so suddenly. I hope she has not passed on. She is really a very brilliant doctor and her father was a former VC of Unilag. Poor woman cry cry[/size]
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by ceejayluv(m): 9:09pm On Aug 16, 2014
ayusco85: the lord be praised.

Nigerians, surviving from dangerous ailments since 1900.

Nano silva 1 - Zmap 0

Nigeria 1 - Obama 0

last bullet: Obama, what kills other nationalities in their hundreds only make Nigerians stronger
Are you aware that hundreds of Liberians, Guineans and sierra leonians have survived the disease for the past few months??

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by Tex42(m): 9:10pm On Aug 16, 2014
ayusco85: the lord be praised.

Nigerians, surviving from dangerous ailments since 1900.

Nano silva 1 - Zmap 0

Nigeria 1 - Obama 0

last bullet: Obama, what kills other nationalities in their hundreds only make Nigerians stronger
And obama failing in his anti Nigeria nano silver campaign since 100BC.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by Ndukwe007(m): 9:10pm On Aug 16, 2014
but if them ask you to drink salt solution or petrol to avoid ebola you go believe. Some Nigerians have been conditioned to respond to "BAD."
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by rennylaw(m): 9:10pm On Aug 16, 2014
This Shows that the imperialists are the greatest failure! Wish the other patients in isolation quick recovery. Nigeria will survive, west Africa will survive, our people will not die!
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by Lilimax(f): 9:11pm On Aug 16, 2014
studio14: if people will fear Jehovah the way they feared Ebola, the world would hv been a different place.
So true!
Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by Samunique(m): 9:11pm On Aug 16, 2014
studio14: if people will fear Jehovah the way they feared Ebola, the world would hv been a different place.
100,000000,000000 likes!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine by ceejayluv(m): 9:11pm On Aug 16, 2014
50calibre: Now any sane country will draw samples from the recovered doctor and use it to the benefit of others infected.
they're busy taunting Obama and drinking saline water....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

A Healthy Liver Vs A Liver Damaged By Alcohol (Disturbing Photo) / Man Dies At Sperm Bank After 4th Donation In 10 Days (PHOTO) / 5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.