Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,331 members, 7,808,119 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:26 AM

What's Wrong With This My Cover Letter? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What's Wrong With This My Cover Letter? (4031 Views)

Updated CV And Cover Letter Sample / Photo: What Is Wrong With This Job Advert? / Please Help Review this Cover Letter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Wrong With This My Cover Letter? by Tipsie01(m): 11:02pm On Aug 17, 2014
Ending a formal letter with Yours faithfully instead of Yours sincerely lipsrsealed
Re: What's Wrong With This My Cover Letter? by Nobody: 11:36pm On Aug 17, 2014
sihom: @ OP

You are welcome but please always remember to paragraph and punctuate your work appropriately.

If you sent me that letter the way it is, here on NL I'll throw it out even though I like your written English and the content of the letter.

I can't stand it when people stress my eyes unnecessarily because I have eye problem. LOL
Lol! The original write up is properly spaced, its jus that I culdnt arranged it here d way it was. SORRY FOR THE EYE PROBLEM, ITS LIKE U'VE SEEN BEYOND MERE MORTALS LIKE ME THAT'S WHY.....You are good!
Re: What's Wrong With This My Cover Letter? by dexterush(f): 11:58pm On Aug 17, 2014
Av really learnt a lot here, welldone guys kiss
Re: What's Wrong With This My Cover Letter? by Nobody: 12:21am On Aug 18, 2014
dexterush: Av really learnt a lot here, welldone guys kiss
Welcome Mum!
Re: What's Wrong With This My Cover Letter? by dexterush(f): 1:50pm On Aug 26, 2014
Godditex: Welcome Mum!
Fanks my boy. . grin
Re: What's Wrong With This My Cover Letter? by Nobody: 3:37pm On Aug 26, 2014
dexterush:
Fanks my boy. . grin
Chai! You've finish me....U try!
Re: What's Wrong With This My Cover Letter? by Saraha1(f): 5:27pm On Aug 26, 2014
sihom: At OP,

Please note the following;

1. There is absolutely nothing wrong with Dear Hiring Manager or even Dear Human Resources Manager. This is an acceptable salutation (greeting) to use when you do not know the name of the person recruiting. Please do not use the phrase Dear Sir/Ma , its gone out of style in modern day professional communication.

2. A cover letter when written in email format can have a title in the subject line e.g. Executive Assistant then you proceed with the letter. DO NOT put a title within the body of your email. A hardcopy cover letter should have a title as well in capital letters and made bold.

3. A cover letter should be brief and simple, there's absolutely no need to introduce yourself personally your resume/CV can & should do that. If you can keep your cover letter to just 3 or 4 paragraphs its fine.

4. Personally I like your cover letter, It definitely caught my attention because you didn't ramble on and on, rather you went straight to the point selling yourself to me by telling me what you've done and what you can do plus your written English is good. If I were a hiring manager I would shortlist you for an interview.

5. Please Yours faithfully is acceptable BUT also out of style, I think Best Regards would work well.

6. I see paragraphs in your letter but they need to be clearly spaced out for easy reading.

thanks for this piece of information.
Re: What's Wrong With This My Cover Letter? by Nobody: 5:33pm On Aug 26, 2014
I've learnt a lot from this topic. Thank you godditex for creating this thread and the wonderful contributors

1 Like

Re: What's Wrong With This My Cover Letter? by Nobody: 7:37pm On Aug 26, 2014
booqee: I've learnt a lot from this topic. Thank you godditex for creating this thread and the wonderful contributors
You are most welcome! That's why we are here.
Re: What's Wrong With This My Cover Letter? by Dmcool(m): 12:18am On Aug 27, 2014
At d end of the letter, will the Yours faithfully and the writer's name be at the bottom right or left corner?
Cos some said the bottom right is old style..... pls. Is it true
Re: What's Wrong With This My Cover Letter? by Nobody: 8:52am On Aug 27, 2014
Dmcool: At d end of the letter, will the Yours faithfully and the writer's name be at the bottom right or left corner?
Cos some said the bottom right is old style..... pls. Is it true
Left, that's what I used often.
Re: What's Wrong With This My Cover Letter? by vicosir(m): 11:16am On Aug 27, 2014
sihom: At OP,

Please note the following;

1. There is absolutely nothing wrong with Dear Hiring Manager or even Dear Human Resources Manager. This is an acceptable salutation (greeting) to use when you do not know the name of the person recruiting. Please do not use the phrase Dear Sir/Ma , its gone out of style in modern day professional communication.

2. A cover letter when written in email format can have a title in the subject line e.g. Executive Assistant then you proceed with the letter. DO NOT put a title within the body of your email. A hardcopy cover letter should have a title as well in capital letters and made bold.

3. A cover letter should be brief and simple, there's absolutely no need to introduce yourself personally your resume/CV can & should do that. If you can keep your cover letter to just 3 or 4 paragraphs its fine.

4. Personally I like your cover letter, It definitely caught my attention because you didn't ramble on and on, rather you went straight to the point selling yourself to me by telling me what you've done and what you can do plus your written English is good. If I were a hiring manager I would shortlist you for an interview.

5. Please Yours faithfully is acceptable BUT also out of style, I think Best Regards would work well.

6. I see paragraphs in your letter but they need to be clearly spaced out for easy reading.

.... wow am really impressed by your level of understanding pertaining covert letter and resume writing. Pleas I need your help, am a fresh graduate and am finding it difficult to get the right format for my CV as well as cover letter. I will appreciate it if you can help a brother out... thanks in advance.
Re: What's Wrong With This My Cover Letter? by bobbyod(m): 11:35am On Aug 27, 2014
the only thing wrong is your name...(Akpos Ebola) grin
Re: What's Wrong With This My Cover Letter? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Aug 27, 2014
bobbyod: the only thing wrong is your name...(Akpos Ebola) grin
grin
bobbyod: the only thing wrong is your name...(Akpos Ebola) grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Graduate Management Trainee Of Cadbury Nigeria Plc. / Direction From Ikorodu To Illupeju Lagos / Stanbic IBTC Bank Job Test Format And Success Tips

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.