Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,236 members, 7,780,452 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:44 PM

Nigerian E-passport + Possible Damage To Electronic Chip - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian E-passport + Possible Damage To Electronic Chip (4153 Views)

Nigeria E-passport New Prices Start Today. / Renewing Nigerian E-passport In London / Re-issue Of Nigerian E-passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian E-passport + Possible Damage To Electronic Chip by Plum70: 4:24pm On Oct 21, 2008
I need some advice from anyone with 1st hand experience or expertise on the matter:

I recently applied for a schengen visa to France with my e-passport. Upon receiving the visa today I noticed that some numb skull had stapled a ticket slip to the back cover (top part) that houses the electronic chip! Having done some personal online research, I have found that this could be detrimental to the chip or it's antennae, and may result in its malfunctioning. Considering the time and trouble i've gone through getting my new passport and the residence permits affixed therein, I would be infuriated to know that my e-passport cannot be read or accepted due to an avoidable error!!! Surely consular/visa officials must know and understand the sensitivity of such documents and the necessary care to be accorded to them?

Has anyone experienced this OR does anyone know if I am able to double-check the activity of the chip (by way of a passport reader) prior to future trips? I am also considering carefully removing the staple pin and putting a note on the back cover to advise that under no circumstances should anything be stapled to it.

Your necessary comments or advice please.
Re: Nigerian E-passport + Possible Damage To Electronic Chip by mafiaguy: 4:45am On Oct 26, 2008
My advise is that u forward the problem to the immigration office to ensure ur passport is alright, Maybe u could also check the immigration website to be able to enter your passport or pin to validate it, Act fast.
Re: Nigerian E-passport + Possible Damage To Electronic Chip by Plum70: 5:06pm On Oct 27, 2008
mafiaguy:

My advise is that u forward the problem to the immigration office to ensure ur passport is alright, Maybe u could also check the immigration website to be able to enter your passport or pin to validate it, Act fast.
Thanks for your reply. I am resident in London and apart from the Nigerian Consulate I doubt that there is such an immigration service here. Nonetheless, I will give the Consulate a call tomorrow and see what advice they can offer.

Cheers
Re: Nigerian E-passport + Possible Damage To Electronic Chip by mafiaguy: 5:23pm On Oct 27, 2008
Okay then, Lets see what the result would be then, Have a nice day.
Re: Nigerian E-passport + Possible Damage To Electronic Chip by Goldman42(m): 7:40pm On Oct 27, 2008
I think you should take it to Immigration office for check first and to that embassy where the damage was done.Possibly,they can note and advise their homeoffice to safe you any trouble
at the point of entry.
Re: Nigerian E-passport + Possible Damage To Electronic Chip by dgb4(m): 11:50am On Oct 29, 2008
GET YOUR E-PASSPORT WITHIN 3 DAYS IN PORT HARCOURT
CALL CHUKS ON 08063448853
Re: Nigerian E-passport + Possible Damage To Electronic Chip by steveunoma(f): 9:17am On Nov 23, 2009
Hello,

Please i want to get more info about this Epassport.

I am a Nigerian and i live in Germany with my family. I have the old Nigeria 5 years passport and it will expire Sept 2011.

I heard rumor's that from Jan 2010 or from 31 Dec 2010, the old passport would not be accepted when traveling or apply for visa.

I don't know if it is true or not.

My major concern is can i wait till my old passport expire before applying for a new one?

Are the rumor true or not? If they are true, Nigeria Embassy in Germany don't have the Epassport yet (i called them on Thursday 19Th Nov) so i do not know where to start. But i am coming to Nigeria in March 2010 for 2weeks +, can i apply for a new passport in Nigeria? How long will it take for them to issue me one?

Would they collect my old passport from me when giving me the new Epassport? I hope not, cos my visa are in my old passport.

Please kindly advice and put my mind at rest.

(1) (Reply)

Women Trafficking In Nigeria: Aljazeera Shocking Investigation (video Clips) / Travelling To Turkey Or India Which Is Preferrable / Top 5 Fastest Growing Cities In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.