Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,193 members, 7,807,647 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:50 PM

Should I Quit This Job? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should I Quit This Job? (1158 Views)

Should I Take This Job ? / Help To Verify This Job Invite / See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Quit This Job? by nnamdiugwu(m): 9:54pm On Aug 16, 2014
All the depression that befell me has all gone. I got an admission last yr and was due to start february this yr after strike. I started but unfortunately my father couldn't make it in providing my school fees though i paid my acceptance fee. I hv even shifted to the school town to live with my brother who has just graduated. I was greatly distressed after all my effort to borrow money was unsuccessful. On d advice of my brother, I prepared 4 jamb amist d tumoil in my head, for exigency, which ultimately is now my hope. After jamb, he found one work for me at one construction company as store keeper. D site manager told me on my first day that i am to handle all d keys to store and office. That i shd start work by 7am and stop when the workers hv all left(they stop by 5pm). Work days Mon-Sat. I am also to clean office regularly. He told me that other responsibility will be added. He later told me that i am to supervise the measurement during castings, which made me stand under the sun regularly sometimes. The distance is even not encouraging 100 naira to and fro if i want to save energy and keep time. I was alway made to stop work very late, 9pm extreme. The amount paid is 15k. They won't even pay it till the middle of the following month. I hv not been paid for last month up till now. My brother hv now left 4 youth service and i don't hv d time to buy food and provisions. This make me to incure high expenses at d hand of roadside sellers. No time to see my parents and siblings. My intention is to save enough for my school while also preparing my self academically. The result of my recent post-utme, though not bad, remove any courage i hv there again. What way 4word 4 me now?
Re: Should I Quit This Job? by Baddestguyp(m): 10:42pm On Aug 16, 2014
I'd advise u to bear with it since u need the money. bt use any little time u can spare to find another job.
Wish u d best
Re: Should I Quit This Job? by patut(m): 11:01pm On Aug 16, 2014
My brother... pls while you are still there buy out oppurtuned time to job hunt... look for somewhere better...

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit This Job? by Gold45(f): 12:48am On Aug 17, 2014
patut: My brother... pls while you are still there buy out time to job hunt... look for somewhere better...
Re: Should I Quit This Job? by Saraha1(f): 3:06am On Aug 17, 2014
patut: My brother... pls while you are still there buy out oppurtuned time to job hunt... look for somewhere better...
store keeping job no be beans oh.
Am sure with what he gave as job description, there is no way he could attend job interview for a better offer.
There is no way he would have time to search for other jobs as long as his still in that company.He would be the first to be at site and last to leave.
What I don't understand is why peolple use human being as slave ? How on earth would a person be assigned to do four people job over a penunt?
Re: Should I Quit This Job? by nnamdiugwu(m): 6:26am On Aug 17, 2014
Saraha1: store keeping job no be beans oh.
Am sure with what he gave as job description, there is no way he could attend job interview for a better offer.
There is no way he would have time to search for other jobs as long as his still in that company.He would be the first to be at site and last to leave.
What I don't understand is why peolple use human being as slave ? How on earth would a person be assigned to do four people job over a penunt?

That is d point. No time, even for washing clothes.
Re: Should I Quit This Job? by mikeyj: 10:52am On Aug 18, 2014
how much is your fees?

(1) (Reply)

Bank Teller Officer Vacancy / Nairadomain Vacancies / IPMA (inst Of Prof Managers & Administrators) Vs CIPM. Which Is More Recognized?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.