Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,498 members, 7,808,847 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:49 PM

Word Of Advice To All Atheist - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Word Of Advice To All Atheist (1364 Views)

A Must Read For All Atheist In Nairaland / To All Atheist, Agnostic, Skeptics E.t.c Do People Know You As An Atheist? / Questions For All Atheist In Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Word Of Advice To All Atheist by Nobody: 12:12am On Aug 17, 2014
I have been on both sides of reasoning as an atheist as well as a theist and i have come to realise the atheist has no tangible proof that there is no God. They only base most of their argument on simple logic and contradictions of the bible. The theist on the other hand has no tangible proof that there is God except their religious book that has been existing long before their existence. Meanwhile, most atheist see theist as gullible fellows and think it's folly to believe in a holy book with contradictions. My word for the atheist is that if it is folly to believe in God, why not accept it as one and the only foolish thing you did while on earth in as much as it poses no harm in accepting it? It is better you believe there is God and die to later discover there isn't than to believe there is no God, and die to later realize there is.

P.S: Tried to make it as short as possible. Hope i effectively passed my message across.

1 Like

Re: Word Of Advice To All Atheist by onetrack(m): 2:12am On Aug 17, 2014
Which god should I believe in? There are so many...

4 Likes

Re: Word Of Advice To All Atheist by UyiIredia(m): 2:20am On Aug 17, 2014
onetrack: Which god should I believe in? There are so many...
Dodomu! THERE IS ONE GOD differently described by various religions in various cultures. You would be a fool to say for example that number one doesn't exist because it is expressed in so many ways.
Re: Word Of Advice To All Atheist by TheBigUrban2: 2:48am On Aug 17, 2014
UyiIredia: Dodomu! THERE IS ONE GOD differently described by various religions in various cultures. You would be a fool to say for example that number one doesn't exist because it is expressed in so many ways.

I find you to be seriously irrational. You come from country that has polytheistic pagan roots and you are shouting that various religions in various cultures advocate one God.

7 Likes

Re: Word Of Advice To All Atheist by wiegraf: 2:57am On Aug 17, 2014
op, you want us to be cowardly, like you?

2 Likes

Re: Word Of Advice To All Atheist by Nobody: 7:33am On Aug 17, 2014
wiegraf: op, you want us to be cowardly, like you?
yeah that's what i'm saying. Let it be the one and only cowardice we portrayed while on earth.
onetrack, choose the God of creation. Seek for the God you know should be the truest amongst all Gods.
Re: Word Of Advice To All Atheist by Nobody: 7:51am On Aug 17, 2014
Pascal's Wager. undecided
I thought you had a new argument.
It seems theists-- like their god-- do not change.

Anyway, I have taken your advice and now serve Bacchus, Lord of Wine . Bacchus commands us to drink wine all the time, and not stop or we'll have hangovers.

Whosoever believes in him shall have a healthy liver and will never get hungover. cool

HAIL BACCHUS!!!

7 Likes

Re: Word Of Advice To All Atheist by Nobody: 8:15am On Aug 17, 2014
Apatheist: Pascal's Wager. undecided
I thought you had a new argument.
It seems theists-- like their god-- do not change.

Anyway, I have taken your advice and now serve Bacchus, Lord of Wine . Bacchus commands us to drink wine all the time, and not stop or we'll have hangovers.

Whosoever believes in him shall have a healthy liver and will never get hungover. cool

HAIL BACCHUS!!!
smh
Re: Word Of Advice To All Atheist by onetrack(m): 8:17am On Aug 17, 2014
unyours: yeah that's what i'm saying. Let it be the one and only cowardice we portrayed while on earth.
onetrack, choose the God of creation. Seek for the God you know should be the truest amongst all Gods.

I cannot 'choose' to believe. I just don't believe. If I asked you to choose to believe that 2+2=5 could you really do it?

2 Likes

Re: Word Of Advice To All Atheist by Nobody: 8:28am On Aug 17, 2014
onetrack:

I cannot 'choose' to believe. I just don't believe. If I asked you to choose to believe that 2+2=5 could you really do it?
i will if there is said to be no harm in doing so and harm in not doing so. There is no harm in believing in God, but there is speculation of punishment if you don't believe. Though it seems to be wise not to believe but it's wiser to believe there is.
Re: Word Of Advice To All Atheist by GeneralShepherd(m): 8:30am On Aug 17, 2014
unyours: I have been on both sides of reasoning as an atheist as well as a theist and i have come to realise the atheist has no tangible proof that there is no God. They only base most of their argument on simple logic and contradictions of the bible. The theist on the other hand has no tangible proof that there is God except their religious book that has been existing long before their existence. Meanwhile, most atheist see theist as gullible fellows and think it's folly to believe in a holy book with contradictions. My word for the atheist is that if it is folly to believe in God, why not accept it as one and the only foolish thing you did while on earth in as much as it poses no harm in accepting it? It is better you believe there is God and die to later discover there isn't than to believe there is no God, and die to later realize there is.

P.S: Tried to make it as short as possible. Hope i effectively passed my message across.

Atheists should provide a tangible proof there is no God that has not been shown to exist with tangible proof.
Oya clap for yourself

3 Likes

Re: Word Of Advice To All Atheist by GeneralShepherd(m): 8:32am On Aug 17, 2014
unyours: i will if there is said to be no harm in doing so and harm in not doing so. There is no harm in believing in God, but there is speculation of punishment if you don't believe. Though it seems to be wise not to believe but it's wiser to believe there is.

What if Amadioha is the true God? What happens to Christians that have been destroying his temple since 1800

4 Likes

Re: Word Of Advice To All Atheist by Nobody: 8:39am On Aug 17, 2014
GeneralShepherd:

What if Amadioha is the true God? What happens to Christians that have been destroying his temple since 1800
Yeah! Seek for the true God and serve him. If it later happened the God you chose is not the true God, then you can have the right to say to him(the true God) that he never made himself truest among all Gods in your sight. That's just my own opinion. But the fact is there is no harm believing in a God especially the Christian God. If the probabability of God's existence is 0.5 and his non-existence same 0.5, then i believe it's wiser to cling on the safer side.
Re: Word Of Advice To All Atheist by Liveair: 9:09am On Aug 17, 2014
Since the Gods are too many, beliefs are too many and Religions are too many, the only safe path is not to believe any.
At least you wouldn't have worshipped the enemy of the true God (if he exists) in error.

5 Likes

Re: Word Of Advice To All Atheist by Nobody: 9:26am On Aug 17, 2014
unyours: smh
What?
I did what you said, didn't I?
You said we should believe in god -- you didn't say which.
You said belief is better, I agree-- wine is good. smiley
Re: Word Of Advice To All Atheist by Nobody: 9:35am On Aug 17, 2014
unyours: . My word for the atheist is that if it is folly to believe in God, why not accept it as one and the only foolish thing you did while on earth in as much [size=20pt]as it poses no harm in accepting it? [/size].
What world do you live in? Foolstown?

1 Like

Re: Word Of Advice To All Atheist by Nobody: 9:38am On Aug 17, 2014
UyiIredia: Dodomu! THERE IS ONE GOD differently described by various religions in various cultures. You would be a fool to say for example that number one doesn't exist because it is expressed in so many ways.
So the wine-loving god Bacchus is the same as the wine-hating god Allah?

1 Like

Re: Word Of Advice To All Atheist by TheBigUrban2: 9:43am On Aug 17, 2014
Apatheist:
So the wine-loving god Bacchus is the same as the wine-hating god Allah?

all atheists should check this out

https://www.nairaland.com/1861039/atheism-death-ebola-experience
Re: Word Of Advice To All Atheist by Nobody: 9:45am On Aug 17, 2014
unyours: Yeah! Seek for the true God and serve him. If it later happened the God you chose is not the true God, then you can have the right to say to him(the true God) that he never made himself truest among all Gods in your sight. That's just my own opinion.
I'll do this if I see any god-- except the belief part. If I see Amon, god of the ancient Egyptians, I'll tell him I had no proof to believe in him.
But the fact is there is no harm believing in a God especially the Christian God.
says who? Allah will punish you if you worship any other God, so will Vishnu, the hindu God, so will amadioha, so will sango, so will the other 10,000 gods. So there is harm in believing.
If the probabability of God's existence is 0.5 and his non-existence same 0.5, then i believe it's wiser to cling on the safer side.
The probability is 1 in 10,000. The safest bet is actually being a pantheist, worshipping all 10,000 gods which is impossible.. Bacchus likes wine, Allah does not. Wine pleases Bacchus, it does not please Allah.
Vishnu likes pork, Yahweh does not, how can you serve them both?
Re: Word Of Advice To All Atheist by Nobody: 11:31am On Aug 17, 2014
Apatheist: I'll do this if I see any god-- except the belief part. If I see Amon, god of the ancient Egyptians, I'll tell him I had no proof to believe in him.
says who? Allah will punish you if you worship any other God, so will Vishnu, the hindu God, so will amadioha, so will sango, so will the other 10,000 gods. So there is harm in believing.

The probability is 1 in 10,000. The safest bet is actually being a pantheist, worshipping all 10,000 gods which is impossible.. Bacchus likes wine, Allah does not. Wine pleases Bacchus, it does not please Allah.
Vishnu likes pork, Yahweh does not, how can you serve them both?
hmmm this guy! I'm not saying you should serve all neither am i pointing any God as the truest. I only insinuated that you should on your own identify the truest of all God and cling to him. Dropping any religious book aside, i will like you to agree with me that religion is as old as man, as well as the believe in a God/creator this should tell you that the idea of the existence of a God didn't just erupt suddenly long after the existence of man. Bro, there is God!
Re: Word Of Advice To All Atheist by Nobody: 11:34am On Aug 17, 2014
Apatheist:
What?
I did what you said, didn't I?
You said we should believe in god -- you didn't say which.
You said belief is better, I agree-- wine is good. smiley
Lol. If you see wine as the truest of Gods, then serve/worship wine. No problem with that!
Re: Word Of Advice To All Atheist by Nobody: 2:21pm On Aug 17, 2014
unyours: Lol. If you see wine as the truest of Gods, then serve/worship wine. No problem with that!
Not wine-- Bacchus. smiley
Re: Word Of Advice To All Atheist by Nobody: 2:24pm On Aug 17, 2014
unyours: hmmm this guy! I'm not saying you should serve all neither am i pointing any God as the truest. I only insinuated that you should on your own identify the truest of all God and cling to him.
How can I do this when ALL gods are false?
Dropping any religious book aside, i will like you to agree with me that religion is as old as man, as well as the believe in a God/creator this should tell you that the idea of the existence of a God didn't just erupt suddenly long after the existence of man.
Yes, and for millennia people believed the earth was flat, so that makes it real since all the religions say so?
Bro, there is God!
I say there isn't! Prove to me which one is real. You know there are more than 10,000.
Re: Word Of Advice To All Atheist by AlfaSeltzer(m): 2:30pm On Aug 17, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

I find you to be seriously irrational. You come from country that has polytheistic pagan roots and you are shouting that various religions in various cultures advocate one God.

Don't mind that product of foreign brainwashing.
Re: Word Of Advice To All Atheist by Nobody: 2:52pm On Aug 17, 2014
Apatheist: How can I do this when ALL gods are false?
Yes, and for millennia people believed the earth was flat, so that makes it real since all the religions say so?
I say there isn't! Prove to me which one is real. You know there are more than 10,000.
What if you die to realize that there is actually a God? Have you thought of that before?
Re: Word Of Advice To All Atheist by Nobody: 2:55pm On Aug 17, 2014
unyours: What if you die to realize that there is actually a God? Have you thought of that before?
How is that possible? How do you "realize" something when you're dead?
Consciousness ends with death, my friend. smiley

1 Like

Re: Word Of Advice To All Atheist by Nobody: 3:13pm On Aug 17, 2014
Apatheist:
How is that possible? How do you "realize" something when you're dead?
Consciousness ends with death, my friend. smiley
Talking about life after death. What if it happens to be true and you later realize that God does exists?
Re: Word Of Advice To All Atheist by Nobody: 3:16pm On Aug 17, 2014
unyours: Talking about life after death. What if it happens to be true and you later realize that God does exists?
Which god? There are over 10,000.
What if the one you worships is not the real one?
Re: Word Of Advice To All Atheist by AtheistD(m): 4:41pm On Aug 17, 2014
unyours: Yeah! Seek for the true God and serve him. If it later happened the God you chose is not the true God, then you can have the right to say to him(the true God) that he never made himself truest among all Gods in your sight. That's just my own opinion. But the fact is there is no harm believing in a God especially the Christian God. If the probabability of God's existence is 0.5 and his non-existence same 0.5, then i believe it's wiser to cling on the safer side.

Only one side of the argument. As stated on this board by numerous atheists, which god should be worshipped? How are you certain that your choice is right?

Can you say that a Sango worshipper or Amadioha worshipper is any better off than an atheist? They beleive in a deity but not your god. So is it ok if I decide to be a theist and worship Zeus? Can I worship any god or must it be your god? Also, what about muslims? They worship your god and beleive in Jesus but follow the teachings of Muhammad? Will they be better off than an Atheist according to you? What about Mormons? Jehohavah's Witnesses? The Roman Catholics?They are all Christians but have varying denominational beleifs. Didnt pastor Chris state that all Catholics are going to hell? Is he correct?

So here is my equation:

Possiblity of Atheist being right 0.5, Possibility of theist being right 0.5

possibility of theist being right and guessing the right deity to worship: (0.5/number of deities worshipped) = 0.5/2870 = 0.0001742

I guess it is not so easy to get it right after all. Why not live life to the full and forget this deity nonsense. Pascals wager is a joke cool

1 Like

Re: Word Of Advice To All Atheist by Nobody: 6:04pm On Aug 17, 2014
Apatheist and AtheistD, What else can i say? Seems you guys have permanently stifled your mind. I don surrender for una.
Re: Word Of Advice To All Atheist by Kay17: 7:01pm On Aug 17, 2014

Thor is not the same as Zeus nor is Zeus same with Jehovah.

1 Like

Re: Word Of Advice To All Atheist by peterphd(m): 5:17pm On Aug 18, 2014
unyours: i will if there is said to be no harm in doing so and harm in not doing so. There is no harm in believing in God, but there is speculation of punishment if you don't believe. Though it seems to be wise not to believe but it's wiser to believe there is.

speculation? I don't comment on speculation.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is The Kissing Of Couples In Church After Wedding Biblical? / Tetragrammaton (YHWH) / MUST READ : Read The Life & Times Of A Man Who Call Himself "Jesus Of Oyingbo"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.