Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,909 members, 7,802,955 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:11 AM

Group Targets 56m Internet Users For GEJ’s Re-election, Share 60ipads,30 Laptops - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Group Targets 56m Internet Users For GEJ’s Re-election, Share 60ipads,30 Laptops (1575 Views)

Sahara Group Targets 10,000MW / 2015 Election- Share The Result Of Ur Polling Unit Here / INNOSON Donates 21 Buses To Support Gej's Re-election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Group Targets 56m Internet Users For GEJ’s Re-election, Share 60ipads,30 Laptops by NgeneUkwenu(f): 12:21am On Aug 17, 2014
A Pro-democracy and good governance group, Believe Nigeria Initiative (BNI) has launched an aggressive online campaign, “Believe Nigeria, Trust Goodluck,” to ensure the success of President Jonathan re-election, as well as enhance the credibility and transparency of Nigeria’s democracy, according to reports from Leadership.

[b]The group is also targeting no fewer than 56 million internet users, 28 million of which are Nigerian youths who have embraced global information technological revolution through the use of mobile phones, computers, laptops, iPads and other ICT gadgets, the National Coordinator, Mr Idris Usman said during the  launch of the online campaign According to Usman, “The youth are demanding accountability from their leaders at all level, vocally and openly and damning the consequences. This is why the BNI is targeting the youth who are a more web savvy and politically active generation. We want to ignite a political revolution that will bring about a change in the nation’s democracy and also consolidate on the gains made so far by the Jonathan administration.” He said the group plans to showcase the achievements of the administration to the Nigerian populace and the world through social media channels like YouTube, Facebook, WhatsApp, Yahoomail, MySpace, LinkedIn and Twitter. He said the group was confident that it would succeed in view of the fact that many youths today spend nothing less than 12 hours on the internet, mostly on the social media network platforms: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and the likes.[/b]

But how many of us know that right in our hands are devices that can change our country for the better and enhance good governance? Usman further quoted Aver Anweh(2014) in his opinion article titled “The Nigerian Youths, The Internet And The Brewing Revolution,” saying “The youths are mainly at the centre of this industrial revolution as the main custodians of the internet know-how, unlike their much older counterparts, only a few elderly folks in the contemporary Nigeria were able to gain the acquaintance of these new IT gadgets, most of them were contented with the simple cell phones which are not too complex for their already occupied minds. The younger ones have, however, become intrigued with this new and faster means of spreading information amongst themselves mainly for their purpose of social interaction via ‘New Media’, and thus the outburst of the use of social media.” “Of the 115 million mobile telephone subscribers in the country, 35 million use their handheld devices to access internet data services. With a large youth population (one-third of the population is between the 10-24 years age bracket) and a growing middle class (appx. 39 million), Nigeria has a fast-growing number of the two classes which traditionally drive internet usage around the world.” “Today with over 28 million youths in Nigeria connected to the internet, it is indeed true that the internet has achieved the primary goal of its introduction, the cellular phone has greatly eased internet access to citizens all over the country. With the youth from ages 15-45 taking over the internet in Nigeria, it has proven to be a credible threat to the Nigerian government and its agencies, as there is hardly any government policy that can evade the internet and miss the scrutiny of a million prying eyes. Pressure groups have arisen, whistleblowers have rallied around and a new bond of integration has been found on the internet or on social media to be specific. “These groups are highly productive regardless of the fact that they are sometimes missing in the physical, information gets circulated at the speed of light and in a matter of minutes the whole country gets put in the know of any event or incident affecting the masses, it is like taking off a hoodwink or better still like giving sight to the blind. It shakes the tree hard enough to remind the ‘powers-that-be’ that a revolution is imminent in a land in search of good governance. “Before the advent of social media in Nigeria, it was an almost impossible task to get the average youths interested in politics or National issues, this is because there was no easy avenue to rally round their thoughts and sample opinions or capture their attention, since the only approach would at that time have required physical interaction, which was almost unrealistic. But today it is impossible for a government policy to be implemented without proper scrutiny from the internet community and the users of the social media which largely comprises of the youths. And for us, BNI, we are harnessing the potentials of the social media towards a successful re-election of President Goodluck Jonathan.” As a mark of seriousness of the online campaign, the National Coordinator of BNI, Mr Idris Usman distributed 25 iPads, 25 Samsung tablets and 30 ICT gadgets to online influentials who are the driving force of “Believe Nigeria, Trust Goodluck.”
Read more at TODAY: http://www.today.ng/politics/nigeria-2015-group-targets-56m-internet-users-for-jonathans-re-election/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=nigeria-2015-group-targets-56m-internet-users-for-jonathans-re-election

Re: Group Targets 56m Internet Users For GEJ’s Re-election, Share 60ipads,30 Laptops by NgeneUkwenu(f): 12:23am On Aug 17, 2014
Who are those asking about our missing 20Billion Dollars?

CC: Gbawe
Berem
Barcanista
Donphilous
Neena
Size38
Obiagelli
Demdem
Madamoringo
Omenka
Egift
Nduchuks
Abagworo
Gurnam
Anago90
Aresa
Ba7man
Etc

7 Likes

Re: Group Targets 56m Internet Users For GEJ’s Re-election, Share 60ipads,30 Laptops by opiaoku: 12:25am On Aug 17, 2014
Am going to reply the bastard SHE-male ngeneukwenu tomorrow
Ozu nwulanwu
Otu nne gi
Thunder fire you there
Bastard gay
Hopless she_male

10 Likes

Re: Group Targets 56m Internet Users For GEJ’s Re-election, Share 60ipads,30 Laptops by Opiosko: 12:26am On Aug 17, 2014
grin grin oboy cool down, APC will share for u later. U know they are always behind and learning from PDP

8 Likes

Re: Group Targets 56m Internet Users For GEJ’s Re-election, Share 60ipads,30 Laptops by Opiosko: 12:30am On Aug 17, 2014
opiaoku: Am going to reply the bastard SHE-male ngeneukwenu tomorrow
Ozu nwulanwu
Otu nne gi
Thunder fire you there
Bastard gay
Hopless she_male
cheesy Oga pls pity the poor brute, that gay niggure has lost it mehn!

2 Likes

Re: Group Targets 56m Internet Users For GEJ’s Re-election, Share 60ipads,30 Laptops by NgeneUkwenu(f): 12:32am On Aug 17, 2014
Opiosko: grin grin oboy cool down, APC will share for u later. U know they are always behind and learning from PDP

Please carry your poverty mentality out of my way!

5 Likes

Re: Group Targets 56m Internet Users For GEJ’s Re-election, Share 60ipads,30 Laptops by NgeneUkwenu(f): 12:34am On Aug 17, 2014
grin cheesy
Re: Group Targets 56m Internet Users For GEJ’s Re-election, Share 60ipads,30 Laptops by Opiosko: 12:45am On Aug 17, 2014
NgeneUkwenu: Who are those asking about our missing 20Billion Dollars?

Berem
Barcanista
Donphilous
Neena
Size38
Obiagelli
Demdem
Madamoringo
Omenka
Egift
Nduchuks
Abagworo
Gurnam
Anago90
Aresa
Ba7man
Etc
Vultures! Barcanista my apologies, u are the only sane APC supporter i know of.
Re: Group Targets 56m Internet Users For GEJ’s Re-election, Share 60ipads,30 Laptops by Ekken: 12:59am On Aug 17, 2014
IF PovertyDevelopmentParty LIKE MAKE DEM SHARE GOLD, THAT WILL NEVER MAKE ME TO SUPPORT THEM.
I know this is the time for them to spend their stolen money and I am sure some will take their money and do their wish...

in case I forget, where is our $20m ooo?

3 Likes

Re: Group Targets 56m Internet Users For GEJ’s Re-election, Share 60ipads,30 Laptops by Ahasco(m): 1:08am On Aug 17, 2014
Hmm interesting!
Re: Group Targets 56m Internet Users For GEJ’s Re-election, Share 60ipads,30 Laptops by Ahasco(m): 1:10am On Aug 17, 2014
Hmm interesting! Change we want, change has come
Re: Group Targets 56m Internet Users For GEJ’s Re-election, Share 60ipads,30 Laptops by BishopMagic: 1:11am On Aug 17, 2014
Gbawe Tout
Berem tailor and jobless paid poster
Barcanista tout
Donphilous tout
Neena
Size38
Obiagelli fake tout
Demdem annoying tout
Madamoringo tout
Omenka another fake tout
Egift confirmed liar
Nduchuks
Abagworo
Gurnam
Anago90 Nuisance
Aresa sychophant
Ba7man
Etc
When APC was making noise about registering card members why did you not ask where they got the money to mobilize such a national excersice?

3 Likes

Re: Group Targets 56m Internet Users For GEJ’s Re-election, Share 60ipads,30 Laptops by ggrin(f): 1:20am On Aug 17, 2014
Hie go sweet like ma guy grinlipsrsealed make I grab chair cool
Re: Group Targets 56m Internet Users For GEJ’s Re-election, Share 60ipads,30 Laptops by OrlandoOwoh(m): 1:32am On Aug 17, 2014
Every step they make will be countered accordingly by those of us that have refused to mortgage our future and that of our children.

4 Likes

Re: Group Targets 56m Internet Users For GEJ’s Re-election, Share 60ipads,30 Laptops by arewarepublic: 2:06am On Aug 17, 2014
Ozu nwulanwu
Otu nne gi
Thunder fire you there
Bastard gay
Hopless she_male

Useless goat.

I don catch you. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Group Targets 56m Internet Users For GEJ’s Re-election, Share 60ipads,30 Laptops by opiaoku: 2:20am On Aug 17, 2014
arewarepublic:

Useless goat.

I don catch you. cheesy

Chai hahahah nna nekwanu aboki oo

Aboki wetin I do you?
I bi like say gworo no dey again.

Ok I understand your plight. Come and work oFf your asss for some bunch of green gworo in return
Onye awusa gworo the shoe maker
I wonder which chinese phone you dey use post this abi some china dey support operamini.
Ewu gambia
Primitive aboki
Onye awusa
Efi awusa
Eze gworo
Otu nne gi

4 Likes

Re: Group Targets 56m Internet Users For GEJ’s Re-election, Share 60ipads,30 Laptops by braine(m): 2:29am On Aug 17, 2014
So they intend to use 60 iPads and 30 Laptops to catch 56 million fishes. Tell me something.

2 Likes

Re: Group Targets 56m Internet Users For GEJ’s Re-election, Share 60ipads,30 Laptops by Tolexander: 3:02am On Aug 17, 2014
A Pro-democracy and good
governance group, Believe
Nigeria Initiative (BNI) has
launched an aggressive online
campaign, “Believe Nigeria,
Trust Goodluck,” to ensure the
success of President Jonathan
re-election, as well as enhance
the credibility and transparency
of Nigeria’s democracy,
according to reports from
Leadership.
guess these are the 40 laptop crew?

1 Like

Re: Group Targets 56m Internet Users For GEJ’s Re-election, Share 60ipads,30 Laptops by Omexonomy: 6:18am On Aug 17, 2014

Berem
Barcanista
Donphilous
Neena
Size38
Obiagelli
Demdem
Madamoringo
Omenka
Egift
Nduchuks
Abagworo
Gurnam
Anago90
Aresa
Ba7man
Etc
i can see u listing names of future beneficiaries of plate of rice and small pomo to the captain of E-supporter of APC on nairaland.
Re: Group Targets 56m Internet Users For GEJ’s Re-election, Share 60ipads,30 Laptops by MzJackBaueress(f): 6:42am On Aug 17, 2014
lolz! grin grin

Jonathan wants to make himself relevant by force! I pity the youths who are being used for this show of shame.

Smh

5 Likes

Re: Group Targets 56m Internet Users For GEJ’s Re-election, Share 60ipads,30 Laptops by upko: 7:14am On Aug 17, 2014
MzJackBaueress: lolz! grin grin

Jonathan wants to make himself relevant by force! I pity the youths who are being used for this show of shame.

Smh
[size=80]Are you done.......Now tell me another credible candidate you feel is the best for nigerians.............If you mention buhari, then I'd know you love jokes....which is good cos I love jokes too grin[/size]

1 Like

Re: Group Targets 56m Internet Users For GEJ’s Re-election, Share 60ipads,30 Laptops by BishopMagic: 7:16am On Aug 17, 2014
MzJackBaueress: lolz! grin grin

Smh

APC dunces like you that keep recycling that geriatric bigot despot Buhari all over this place nko?

We n o go vote buhari!

#SAI NO TO BUHARI!

1 Like

Re: Group Targets 56m Internet Users For GEJ’s Re-election, Share 60ipads,30 Laptops by segend(m): 7:19am On Aug 17, 2014
I have no issue with it, its all campaign strategies. But at least get intelligent people to do your online campaign. Most on nairaland can't articulate an intelligent reason why one should vote for GEJ. Apart from sincerenigerian, and a few others, most just shout GEJ till 2019, cos he is their son. So, for those of us not from his tribe, why should we vote for him, or you expect only SS and SE to vote for him.

3 Likes

Re: Group Targets 56m Internet Users For GEJ’s Re-election, Share 60ipads,30 Laptops by upko: 7:27am On Aug 17, 2014
segend: I have no issue with it, its all campaign strategies. But at least get intelligent people to do your online campaign. Most on nairaland can't articulate an intelligent reason why one should vote for GEJ. Apart from sincerenigerian, and a few others, most just shout GEJ till 2019, cos he is their son. So, for those of us not from his tribe, why should we vote for him, or you expect only SS and SE to vote for him.
[size=50]The problem is the Said opposition can't even produce a better candidate for Presidency.....If APC would field fashola then I just might vote for them...[/size]

1 Like

Re: Group Targets 56m Internet Users For GEJ’s Re-election, Share 60ipads,30 Laptops by Nobody: 7:41am On Aug 17, 2014
The BNI is just doing what office seekers need to do. There's nothing wrong in a group deploying its resources to achieve a goal as long as the resources is legitimate. President Jonathan's Support Groups seriously need to up their game because 2015 electioneering won't be an easy ride for the PDP. APC as a political party, its various Presidential Aspirants and Support Groups need to do everything legally to attract more supporters and synpathisers. In fact, it is time various Aspirants in APC publicly declare their interest in running for the Presidential Office in other to allow for a more vigorous campaign on social networking sites.

1 Like

Re: Group Targets 56m Internet Users For GEJ’s Re-election, Share 60ipads,30 Laptops by Nobody: 7:47am On Aug 17, 2014
Ozu nwulanwu
Otu nne gi
Thunder fire you there
Bastard gay
Hopless she_male

cool it down this is a common forum
Re: Group Targets 56m Internet Users For GEJ’s Re-election, Share 60ipads,30 Laptops by kolaaderin: 7:56am On Aug 17, 2014
upko: [size=50]The problem is the Said opposition can't even produce a better candidate for Presidency.....If APC would field fashola then I just might vote for them...[/size]
APC presidential candidate will decides their fate comes 2015. They should wake up now and let us know who they wanna field.
Nba for me I will not vote a failure GEJ just because APC has no credible candidate. I will rather waste the vote to an unknown party candidate and hope more people would reason my way and stop this cluelessness of a government. Nigerians should look for an alternative in another party. GEJ till 2015.

2 Likes

Re: Group Targets 56m Internet Users For GEJ’s Re-election, Share 60ipads,30 Laptops by neena: 8:37am On Aug 17, 2014
To think some Nigerians are wallowing in poverty! Well, $20B dollars is being put to "good" use. These are ambassadors of poverty. A few years time, they would come back and complain about a government they were willing sycophants for.

Indeed, Nigeria is doomed!

@upko: Even if APC fields Jesus, bigots would still for Jonathan. So, stop the pretense. If you feel Jonathan and Buhari are terrible, then you shouldn't be making any choice at all.

2 Likes

Re: Group Targets 56m Internet Users For GEJ’s Re-election, Share 60ipads,30 Laptops by segend(m): 10:14am On Aug 17, 2014
upko: [size=50]The problem is the Said opposition can't even produce a better candidate for Presidency.....If APC would field fashola then I just might vote for them...[/size]

I agree, but my point still remain that the online campaign should be intelligently done. APC fielding Fashola or not does not excuse the lack of thought, intelligence or point in most of the post made by Jonathan's campaign crew
Re: Group Targets 56m Internet Users For GEJ’s Re-election, Share 60ipads,30 Laptops by Nobody: 11:57am On Aug 17, 2014
braine: So they intend to use 60 iPads and 30 Laptops to catch 56 million fishes. Tell me something.

Nahhhh, their first task is to distribute the remaining laptops, iPads, Tablets, iPhones and other electronic gadgets to their members...

TAN, BNI and others have not even started the campaign yet and people are already complaining...
You better go and register if you don't have a job yet, and leave all these hypocrites that are already enjoying their ipads.
Re: Group Targets 56m Internet Users For GEJ’s Re-election, Share 60ipads,30 Laptops by jagaban1: 12:10pm On Aug 17, 2014
WHAT BECOMES OF JONATHAN AND IBO AFTER JONATHAN'S TENURE?

JONATHAN WILL NOT HAND OVER TO IBO . IBO SHOULD TREAD SOFTLY

1 Like

Re: Group Targets 56m Internet Users For GEJ’s Re-election, Share 60ipads,30 Laptops by ogbronx(m): 12:25pm On Aug 17, 2014
kolaaderin:
APC presidential candidate will decides their fate comes 2015. They should wake up now and let us know who they wanna field.
Nba for me I will not vote a failure GEJ just because APC has no credible candidate. I will rather waste the vote to an unknown party candidate and hope more people would reason my way and stop this cluelessness of a government. Nigerians should look for an alternative in another party. GEJ till 2015.

1,000,000 likes. Most of GEJ supporters are irredeemable f**ls. Only a fool would pledge loyalty to someone without merit or reason.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Vote Buhari/Fashola For President and Vice President In 2015 / Attention, Obiano; Onitsha And Environs Getting Dirtier And Choatic !!!! / Just Acquired A Brand New BMW 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.