Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,964 members, 7,806,792 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:29 AM

Atheism And Death. My Ebola Experience - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheism And Death. My Ebola Experience (2159 Views)

Atheism And Terrorism; Annihilation in The Quest For Atheistic Domination / My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! / I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheism And Death. My Ebola Experience by Rilwayne001: 12:41pm On Aug 19, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

There's nothing wrong in those things....

Alchohol is the only bad thing there, for we all know the side effect of it. So it is better one shouldnt take it, it is for our own good.

Sex is okay, only with the person you are legally married to, or would go about and sex with you friend's wife? grin

so only have sex with a woman you are legally married to.

As for video game, it is okay, but too much of it deteriorarate ones mind.

TheBigUrban2: .you only have one life

There is life after death.
Re: Atheism And Death. My Ebola Experience by submit: 12:43pm On Aug 19, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

I dont know how I missed your comment!

I agree wholeheartedly with what you say.

You said something important- some pastors would rather buy private jets than to donate money to fight ebola.

Some churches have even raised prayer warriors to pray fight ebola. Had these churches campaigned for proper healthcare and governance from their political members/sponsors, we might have not had this problem

1 million likes
Re: Atheism And Death. My Ebola Experience by TheBigUrban2: 12:53pm On Aug 19, 2014
Rilwayne001:

Alchohol is the only bad thing there, for we all know the side effect of it. So it is better one shouldnt take it, it is for our own good.

Sex is okay, only with the person you are legally married to, or would go about and sex with you friend's wife? grin

so only have sex with a woman you are legally married to.

As for video game, it is okay, but too much of it deteriorarate ones mind.

There is life after death.

Alcohol- red wine is good for the health if taken moderately.

Alcohol isnt bad. Overconsumption is.

Funny enough, millions of muslims will tell you that smoking is halal
Re: Atheism And Death. My Ebola Experience by Rilwayne001: 1:05pm On Aug 19, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

Alcohol- red wine is good for the health if taken moderately.

Alcohol isnt bad. Overconsumption is.

Funny enough, millions of muslims will tell you that smoking is halal

To you - 'yes'

To me - 'No'

Smoking causes diseases like lung cancer, tuberculosis and heart diseases . And we know that Allah forbids us from killing ourselves. As He says: “And do not kill yourselves. Surely, Allah is Most Merciful to you....." (surah An-nisa-29)

So knowing the fact the smoking is gradually killing you, then it is haraam..

My opinion tho' ^^^
Re: Atheism And Death. My Ebola Experience by TheBigUrban2: 1:11pm On Aug 19, 2014
Rilwayne001:

To you - 'yes'

To me - 'No'

Smoking causes diseases like lung cancer, tuberculosis and heart diseases . And we know that Allah forbids us from killing ourselves. As He says: “And do not kill yourselves. Surely, Allah is Most Merciful to you....." (surah An-nisa-29)

So knowing the fact the smoking is gradually killing you, then it is haraam..

My opinion tho' ^^^

Your opinion is wrong. A westernized, sexed up islam.

Half of the things we take kill us.

Beef....bowel cancer
milk....cow milk- indigestion
Re: Atheism And Death. My Ebola Experience by Rilwayne001: 1:16pm On Aug 19, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

Your opinion is wrong. A westernized, sexed up islam.

Half of the things we take kill us.

Beef....bowel cancer
milk....cow milk- indigestion

Do you smoke?
Re: Atheism And Death. My Ebola Experience by TheBigUrban2: 1:23pm On Aug 19, 2014
Rilwayne001:

Do you smoke?

nope...but millions of muslims do
Re: Atheism And Death. My Ebola Experience by Rilwayne001: 1:26pm On Aug 19, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

nope...but millions of muslims do

Am not saying they do not smoke...

What is your reason for not smoking?
Re: Atheism And Death. My Ebola Experience by TheBigUrban2: 1:30pm On Aug 19, 2014
Rilwayne001:

Am not saying they do not smoke...

What is your reason for not smoking?

Used to be an athlete....my lungs need to be ok
Re: Atheism And Death. My Ebola Experience by Rilwayne001: 1:42pm On Aug 19, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

Used to be an athlete....my lungs need to be ok

okay
Re: Atheism And Death. My Ebola Experience by Kenny4lyfe(m): 2:41pm On Aug 19, 2014
TheBigUrban2: A week after the Ebola virus entered Lagos, I showed all the symptoms..............

Fever, headache, sore-throat and weakness. The thought of dying from Ebola was scary. 21 days left to live and so many things to do. These were my constant thoughts;
-who will remember me after I die apart from my family?
-what have I achieved? So I wont die famous?
-I must not infect my family- must call them to travel to UK at once.
-If there is a chance of taking experimental drugs, will i take it knowing that there could be dangerous side-effects?
-So, I will die in a hell-hole called the Quarantine centre?
-What chances do I have to recover?
-How I wish I could reset time like Tom Cruise in the Edge of Tomorrow.
-Is God punishing me? lol...I'm an atheist and so many christians have died from Ebola anyway.
-What will death be like? Will I sleep forever?
-So, I am not going to see PES 2015 or the next world cup?
-I am going to die a kama sutra virgin? I have never had crazy se.x before (in kitchen, crab style, swimming pool etc)

I spent 3 days going through these thoughts. The scariest one was that I wouldnt exist any more- just blackout. I started reliving the best times of my life from my memory. I also had some funny thoughts about death; woulld Nairaland miss me? Would my christian Nairaland haters rejoice at my death and subsequent teeth-gnashing in hell?

My family advised me to take malaria drugs first. I did and it turned out to be malaria. You should see how I was jumping despite being sick. THANK GOD I HAVE MALARIA!!! EBOLA, I DODGED YOU!!!.
===============================================================================

The interesting thing that I want all of us to consider is that I was still cracking jokes on nairaland throughout this ordeal. I actually opened two funny Ebola threads during my sickness.

I LAUGHED AT DEATH......but it was a hollow laughter knowing that it would be my family that suffered from my death and not myself.

Lolzzz grin!
You're an atheist, yet you thanked God it's MALARIA and not EBOLA.... what an IRONY! grin
Though the notion of death to an atheist is nothing more but being degenerated into material nature through roth and decay!
You suppose no fear na!
Re: Atheism And Death. My Ebola Experience by TheBigUrban2: 5:38pm On Aug 19, 2014
Kenny4lyfe:

Lolzzz grin!
You're an atheist, yet you thanked God it's MALARIA and not EBOLA.... what an IRONY! grin
Though the notion of death to an atheist is nothing more but being degenerated into material nature through roth and decay!
You suppose no fear na!

I was about to explain why I said "thank God" but then I saw your signature.

2 Likes

Re: Atheism And Death. My Ebola Experience by Kenny4lyfe(m): 7:18pm On Aug 19, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

I was about to explain why I said "thank God" but then I saw your signature.

And what do you have to say about it?
Re: Atheism And Death. My Ebola Experience by TheBigUrban2: 7:26pm On Aug 19, 2014
Kenny4lyfe:

And what do you have to say about it?

You sir, are a homo sapien.

Only an ignorant person would disagree that humans are homo sapiens.

Do you hate science?
Re: Atheism And Death. My Ebola Experience by Kenny4lyfe(m): 8:00pm On Aug 19, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

You sir, are a homo sapien.

Only an ignorant person would disagree that humans are homo sapiens.

Do you hate science?

I like science, being a scientist myself but I'm not a homo sapien. If you care to know why I said that, I'm ready to enlighten you on it!
Re: Atheism And Death. My Ebola Experience by TheBigUrban2: 8:50pm On Aug 19, 2014
Kenny4lyfe:

I like science, being a scientist myself but I'm not a homo sapien. If you care to know why I said that, I'm ready to enlighten you on it!

A christian scientist? grin grin

A wise scientist once said "God dies the moment a scientist enters the science lab". You cant find God through logic or observation.

But to the point, YOU ARE A HOMO SAPIEN.
Re: Atheism And Death. My Ebola Experience by Kenny4lyfe(m): 11:15pm On Aug 19, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

A christian scientist? grin grin

A wise scientist once said "God dies the moment a scientist enters the science lab". You cant find God through logic or observation.

But to the point, YOU ARE A HOMO SAPIEN.

It seems you haven't seen a christian scientist before abi? Does practicing science make me any less a christian?

O...and I put it to you again that, I'M NOT HOMO SAPIEN!
Re: Atheism And Death. My Ebola Experience by TheBigUrban2: 5:37am On Aug 20, 2014
Kenny4lyfe:

It seems you haven't seen a christian scientist before abi? Does practicing science make me any less a christian?

O...and I put it to you again that, I'M NOT HOMO SAPIEN!

There are thousands of christian scientists. Many of them knowing and doing many scientific things that contradict their faith but they stilll believe.

For example, how can a doctor choose to believe that a man can be nailed to a cross, stabbed near the ribs, bled to death, buried for three days and then come back to life?
Re: Atheism And Death. My Ebola Experience by Kenny4lyfe(m): 11:26am On Aug 20, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

1. There are thousands of christian scientists. Many of them knowing and doing many scientific things that contradict their faith but they stilll believe.

2. For example, how can a doctor choose to believe that a man can be nailed to a cross, stabbed near the ribs, bled to death, buried for three days and then come back to life?

1. Who taught you that scientific procedures contradicts christianity? Can you quote your references please?

2. That sounds quite illogical right? That's a part of not being "homo sapien" that I'm talking about!
Re: Atheism And Death. My Ebola Experience by Image123(m): 1:11pm On Aug 20, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

There are thousands of christian scientists. Many of them knowing and doing many scientific things that contradict their faith but they stilll believe.

For example, how can a doctor choose to believe that a man can be nailed to a cross, stabbed near the ribs, bled to death, buried for three days and then come back to life?

A deluded statement that constantly echoes in varying forms from the lips of the ignorant. See folks giving different lame excuses about their fears.
Re: Atheism And Death. My Ebola Experience by TheBigUrban2: 1:35pm On Aug 20, 2014
Kenny4lyfe:

1. Who taught you that scientific procedures contradicts christianity? Can you quote your references please?

2. That sounds quite illogical right? That's a part of not being "homo sapien" that I'm talking about!

1) Will a doctor agree that a man who bled to death and died for three days could come back to life?

2) Nonsense. You are a homo sapien.
Re: Atheism And Death. My Ebola Experience by TheBigUrban2: 1:36pm On Aug 20, 2014
Image123:
A deluded statement that constantly echoes in varying forms from the lips of the ignorant. See folks giving different lame excuses about their fears.

Re: Atheism And Death. My Ebola Experience by Kenny4lyfe(m): 1:50pm On Aug 20, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

1) Will a doctor agree that a man who bled to death and died for three days could come back to life?

2) Nonsense. You are a homo sapien.

I never expect my being different from a homo sapien to make sense to you? You're the one who still get bullied by ordinary malaria afterall. You even thought it was ebola! SMH undecided
Re: Atheism And Death. My Ebola Experience by TheBigUrban2: 1:51pm On Aug 20, 2014
Kenny4lyfe:

I never expect my being different from a homo sapien to make sense to you? You're the one who still get bullied by ordinary malaria afterall. You even thought it was ebola! SMH undecided

Similar symptoms.

Give me your address. I need to flog sense into you grin

Afterall, Jesus whipped those greedy merchants at the temple
Re: Atheism And Death. My Ebola Experience by GeneralShepherd(m): 1:10pm On Mar 26, 2019
GeneralShepherd:
I don't want to die. It's depressing sometimes I don't blame theists for hoping on eternity.

Isn't it funny that I am now a theist
Re: Atheism And Death. My Ebola Experience by frank317: 1:34pm On Mar 28, 2019
GeneralShepherd:

Isn't it funny that I am now a theist

Now that u have found God have u gotten the answers u desired as an atheist?

Have u communicated with God? Tell me about it
Re: Atheism And Death. My Ebola Experience by JeromeBlack: 11:21pm On Mar 28, 2019
Wow. What a thread

(1) (2) (Reply)

Compare The Pictures Of Spirits Appearing In Places Of Worship / Plato's Philosophy: Goodness And Justice / What Crimes Did Satan Commits??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.