Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,465 members, 7,808,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:59 PM

Nano Silver Unfit To Treat Ebola-minister - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nano Silver Unfit To Treat Ebola-minister (620 Views)

First Nigerian Ebola Survivor Not Treated With "Nano Silver" - Health Minister / Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US / Striking Doctors Offer To Treat Ebola Patients (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nano Silver Unfit To Treat Ebola-minister by HAH: 4:33am On Aug 17, 2014
Nano silver, the trial drug imported into the country on Thursday has been declared unfit and will not be administered to Ebola patients, Minister of health says.

Professor Onyebuchi Chukwu said the experimental drug did not meet required standards, according to reports from TheCable.

Speaking during a press conference at the Federal Nuero Psychiatric hospital at Yaba, Lagos on Saturday, the minister said other trial drugs were undergoing evaluation, and they could be used should they be found suitable eventually.

“You will recall that last Thursday, I announced that we were ready to deploy an experimental drug, Nano Silver, if it was cleared by the national health research committee,” he said. “

Although, the drug had since last Thursday been made available to the emergency operation in Lagos, it had not been administered to any patient, because we were awaiting clearance from the national health research ethics committee.

“I regret to inform you that the drug did not meet the requirements of the national health research ethic code. Accordingly, approval for its use was withheld.

“I wish to inform you that other candidate drugs are currently being evaluated by the Treatment Research Group for EVD. As soon as any of the experimental drug is cleared and made available, we shall include it in the treatment regimen subject to the informed consent of the patient.”

http://www.today.ng/news/ebola-trial-drug-nano-silver-unfit-for-treatment-chukwu/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=ebola-trial-drug-nano-silver-unfit-for-treatment-chukwu
Re: Nano Silver Unfit To Treat Ebola-minister by INFO70: 4:51am On Aug 17, 2014
Pesticide? grin grin grin
Re: Nano Silver Unfit To Treat Ebola-minister by pafra(m): 6:12am On Aug 17, 2014
dis minister fuckup big time. so wetin America talk na true . so disappointed
Re: Nano Silver Unfit To Treat Ebola-minister by macsika: 6:44am On Aug 17, 2014
Am not sure they tested it.
Re: Nano Silver Unfit To Treat Ebola-minister by macsika: 6:44am On Aug 17, 2014
And finally America is happy that we don't have an immediate cure. But we have God and Ebola will surely pass away.
Re: Nano Silver Unfit To Treat Ebola-minister by fingard02k(m): 6:55am On Aug 17, 2014
this man no get lover
Re: Nano Silver Unfit To Treat Ebola-minister by Airforce1(m): 7:04am On Aug 17, 2014
Clears Throat
Re: Nano Silver Unfit To Treat Ebola-minister by santakris(m): 7:09am On Aug 17, 2014
I'm ashamed of myself. Go to the other thread and see how Obama and Americans were insulted because of this nano silver. Nigerians like ranting with passion.

(1) (Reply)

Some Amazing Fact About YOU / First Ebola, Now MARBURG Virus Disease. Must Read! / 15 Natural Ways To Flatten Your Belly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.