Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,946 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:46 AM

66th Emmy Primetime Awards (2014): The Official Thread. - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 66th Emmy Primetime Awards (2014): The Official Thread. (17616 Views)

Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread / Primetime Emmys Awards 2013: Categories, Nominees & Winners / Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 66th Emmy Primetime Awards (2014): The Official Thread. by sholay2011(m): 11:59pm On Aug 20, 2014
RayMcBlue:

Uzo Aduba already won an Emmy in the guest star category at the Emmy Creative arts awards held on the 16th. smiley

----------
"The Emmy Creative Arts Award" is not to be confused with the main event billed for the 25th, though. It's a sort of an opening act, a forerunner to the "66th Emmy Primetime Awards."

Creative Arts Awards was created by NBC (the brainchild of Emmy Primetime Awards) to honor the very best of those that featured in what you may refer to as obscure or uninteresting role(s).
Really?! cheesy

Wow! I'm so happy for her!!!

Thanks McBlue.

*Runs to Uzo's IMDb page*
Re: 66th Emmy Primetime Awards (2014): The Official Thread. by RayMcBlue(m): 12:09am On Aug 21, 2014
sholay2011:
Really?! cheesy

Wow! I'm so happy for her!!!

Thanks McBlue.

*Runs to Uzo's IMDb page*

Lolz. grin

No worries.

1 Like

Re: 66th Emmy Primetime Awards (2014): The Official Thread. by sushieater: 2:09pm On Aug 21, 2014
RayMcBlue: Supporting actor in a drama series
-Aaron Paul (Breaking Bad)
-Jim Carter (Downton Abbey)
-Peter Dinklage (Game of Thrones)
-Josh Charles (The Good Wife)
-Mandy Patinkin (Homeland)
-Jon Voight (Ray Donovan)

Aaron Paul FTW!! Three is the new One.

#TeamJessepinkmanakaBlowfishakaCap'nCook.

Jesse: “Dude, you scared the shitt out of me! When you say it’s
contamination, I’m thinking like an Ebola leak or something.”
Walt: “Ebola?”
Jesse: “Yeah, it’s a disease on the Discovery Channel where all
your intestines sort of just slip right out of your buttt.”
Walt: “Thank you, I know what Ebola is.”
Jesse: “Uh-huh.”
Walt: “Now tell me, what would a West African virus be doing in
our lab, hmm?”
Jesse: “So, you’re chasing around a fly, and in your world I’m
the idiott.”

1 Like

Re: 66th Emmy Primetime Awards (2014): The Official Thread. by RayMcBlue(m): 2:20pm On Aug 21, 2014
With all due respect to Aaron Paul, but I think Peter Dinklage has this category pretty much locked down. It's inevitable. wink
Re: 66th Emmy Primetime Awards (2014): The Official Thread. by RayMcBlue(m): 8:46pm On Aug 21, 2014
Robin Williams is getting the tribute the comedic legend deserves.

His very dear friend Billy Crystal (Pictured right) will be honoring the late icon at this year's 66th Emmy Awards on Monday night. Williams died last week at the age of 63 from an apparent suicide.

"We felt we needed to do something powerful and memorable. Billy seemed like the perfect choice," said Emmys producer Don Mischer, according to E! News.

This announcement comes after Mischer revealed last
week that something for Williams was definitely in the works.

"Plans for the In Memoriam segment are in discussion," Mischer, told ABC News via a statement. "We are working to give Robin Williams the proper and meaningful remembrance he so well deserves."

Williams was no stranger to the Emmy Awards, having been nominated eight times and winning twice.

The 66th Primetime Emmy Awards are set to air Aug. 25 on NBC.
Re: 66th Emmy Primetime Awards (2014): The Official Thread. by OohMpa: 8:52pm On Aug 21, 2014
#Team Fargo.... angry

#Team GOT

#Team JeffDaniels or we boycott angry

#Team WilliamMacy.... grin

#Team PiperChapman...love her tïts cool

#Team fücking LorneMalvo or this award is a sham angry

#Sai

1 Like

Re: 66th Emmy Primetime Awards (2014): The Official Thread. by RayMcBlue(m): 11:24am On Aug 24, 2014
Tomorrow is the D-Day! Fingers Interlocked.

#TeamMM #TeamTD #TeamOITNB #TeamHBO TeamCD TeamFargo
Re: 66th Emmy Primetime Awards (2014): The Official Thread. by sholay2011(m): 11:55am On Aug 24, 2014
^^^^^^^

Yeah bro.

Red Carpet starts this evening I think?
Re: 66th Emmy Primetime Awards (2014): The Official Thread. by RayMcBlue(m): 12:14pm On Aug 24, 2014
Their time difference is different from our's, so yeah, Stars will start to arrive later this evening.

I'II try my utmost best to post the pictures. Stay tuned.

1 Like

Re: 66th Emmy Primetime Awards (2014): The Official Thread. by RayMcBlue(m): 12:36pm On Aug 24, 2014
Pictures From 2014 Emmy Awards Party Last Night

Sofia Vergara and Joe Manganiello

Emma Rossum

1 Like

Re: 66th Emmy Primetime Awards (2014): The Official Thread. by RayMcBlue(m): 12:54pm On Aug 24, 2014

John Mayer
Re: 66th Emmy Primetime Awards (2014): The Official Thread. by sholay2011(m): 12:57pm On Aug 24, 2014
Eva Longoria is breathtaking. .

Nina Dobrev looks good.

Mrs Modern Family looks ok.

1 Like

Re: 66th Emmy Primetime Awards (2014): The Official Thread. by RayMcBlue(m): 1:00pm On Aug 24, 2014
sholay2011: Eva Longoria is breathtaking. .

Nina Dobrev looks good.

Mrs Modern Family looks ok.

Eva looks ageless alright, but she does look like a midget standing next to Sofia, though. grin
Re: 66th Emmy Primetime Awards (2014): The Official Thread. by sholay2011(m): 1:09pm On Aug 24, 2014
RayMcBlue:

Eva looks ageless alright, but she does look like a midget standing next to Sofia, though. grin
Jesus! grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 66th Emmy Primetime Awards (2014): The Official Thread. by RayMcBlue(m): 1:10pm On Aug 24, 2014

Kiernan Shipka
Re: 66th Emmy Primetime Awards (2014): The Official Thread. by RayMcBlue(m): 1:11pm On Aug 24, 2014
sholay2011:
Jesus! grin grin grin grin grin
It's true, though. wink grin
Re: 66th Emmy Primetime Awards (2014): The Official Thread. by RayMcBlue(m): 6:37pm On Aug 24, 2014
sholay2011, according to E! Online, the red carpet haven't even been rolled out yet! The Red Carpet is scheduled to start tomorrow evening.

Today is strictly a day for MTV VMA event, and most of the A-Listers are in attendance - The very reason why NBC moved the Emmys from it's traditional Sunday time slot to Monday night. Simply put, they don't want to share the limelight with anybody. smiley

1 Like

Re: 66th Emmy Primetime Awards (2014): The Official Thread. by sholay2011(m): 6:45pm On Aug 24, 2014
RayMcBlue: sholay2011, according to E! Online, the red carpet haven't even been rolled out yet! The Red Carpet is scheduled to start tomorrow evening.

Today is strictly a day for MTV VMA event, and most of the A-Listers are in attendance - The very reason why NBC moved the Emmys from it's traditional Sunday time slot to Monday night. Simply put, they don't want to share the limelight with anybody. smiley
Wow! Thanks very much.

But how is it that you're this updated? Na wa. grin

1 Like

Re: 66th Emmy Primetime Awards (2014): The Official Thread. by RayMcBlue(m): 6:46pm On Aug 24, 2014
Busy weekend for the Celebs: Yesterday, it was the 2014 Emmy Awards Party, today, it's MTV VMA ceremony. Then, tomorrow, the biggest and lucrative of them all: 66th Emmy Primetime Awards ceremony. And to think I couldn't even attend one? Life's not fair.
Re: 66th Emmy Primetime Awards (2014): The Official Thread. by RayMcBlue(m): 6:46pm On Aug 24, 2014
sholay2011:
Wow! Thanks very much.

But how is it that you're this updated? Na wa. grin

Twitter and Cable.
Re: 66th Emmy Primetime Awards (2014): The Official Thread. by sholay2011(m): 6:51pm On Aug 24, 2014
RayMcBlue:

Twitter and Cable.
I see.

Btw, in the pic you tagged 'Modern family crew', I can see Kevin Spacey (House of Cards) and Julia Louis-Dreyfus (Veep) there, amongst others. 'Don't think the pic is rightly tagged. tongue
Re: 66th Emmy Primetime Awards (2014): The Official Thread. by RayMcBlue(m): 7:00pm On Aug 24, 2014
sholay2011:
I see.

Btw, in the pic you tagged 'Modern family crew', I can see Kevin Spacey (House of Cards) and Julia Louis-Dreyfus (Veep) there, amongst others. 'Don't think the pic is rightly tagged. tongue

Sheesh! You were right! I didn't look at the pic properly enough. To be fair though, the pic wasn't captioned where I copied it from, that was entirely me, cuz I saw 4 Modern Family guys (2 actors, one director and the showrunner) which I thought was enough to draw up a conclusion. I was wrong, though. Sorry about that.
Re: 66th Emmy Primetime Awards (2014): The Official Thread. by sholay2011(m): 7:03pm On Aug 24, 2014
^^^^^^
No wahala.

1 Like

Re: 66th Emmy Primetime Awards (2014): The Official Thread. by prof800(m): 6:28pm On Aug 25, 2014
RayMcBlue update please.
Re: 66th Emmy Primetime Awards (2014): The Official Thread. by RayMcBlue(m): 6:38pm On Aug 25, 2014
The 66th Emmy Primetime Awards ceremony is tonight, Ladies and Gentlemen. The winners of will be revealed on Tuesday morning, meanwhile, while we wait, I'll be treating y'all to the pics from the Emmy's Award party. Stay tuned.

1 Like

Re: 66th Emmy Primetime Awards (2014): The Official Thread. by RayMcBlue(m): 6:48pm On Aug 25, 2014

James Marsden & Lizzy Caplan

Uzo Aduba, Taylor Schilling, Sarah Paulson & Jesse Tyler Ferguson

Julianna Margulies & Cloris Leachman

Uzo Aduba & Anna Chlumsky

1 Like

Re: 66th Emmy Primetime Awards (2014): The Official Thread. by RayMcBlue(m): 7:07pm On Aug 25, 2014

Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting & Ryan Sweeting

Uzo Aduba, Sarah Paulson, Laverne Cox, Samira Wiley, Angela Bassett, Danielle Brooks, Taryn Manning

Lena Dunham and kerry Washington

Lea Michele
Re: 66th Emmy Primetime Awards (2014): The Official Thread. by sholay2011(m): 7:43pm On Aug 25, 2014
I am following bro.

Nice pics.

Uzo looks gud. Taylor looks 'Schilling' as always. Nice to see stars across TV shows uniting.

1 Like

Re: 66th Emmy Primetime Awards (2014): The Official Thread. by RayMcBlue(m): 8:26pm On Aug 25, 2014
2014 Emmy Gown Prediction

Kelly Washington

Look, we're going to level with you: We have no idea what the Scandal star might wear on Emmys night. This is partially why we love the new mom so much, she's always surprising us—in a good way. That being said, we hope she might pick something as perfect as this Elie Saab Couture dress.
Re: 66th Emmy Primetime Awards (2014): The Official Thread. by RayMcBlue(m): 8:30pm On Aug 25, 2014

Sofia Vergara

Sofia Vergara I think we can all agree that the Modern Family star shut it down in her red gown at the 2013 Emmys. And we're hoping she opts for a repeat performance in the color but this time wearing one of her favorite designers Zuhair Murad.
Re: 66th Emmy Primetime Awards (2014): The Official Thread. by RayMcBlue(m): 8:34pm On Aug 25, 2014

Emilia Clarke

The Game of Thrones star likes to play it safe on the red carpet but we think she should come out of her comfort zone with this Zuhair Murad gown. Because if anyone is going to pull off the dazzling dress it is definitely the Mother of Dragons.
Re: 66th Emmy Primetime Awards (2014): The Official Thread. by RayMcBlue(m): 8:37pm On Aug 25, 2014

Taylor Schilling

The Emmys is the perfect place for the Orange is the New Black actress to have her first red-hot moment and this Valentino gown would be just that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Official Thread of Gulder Ultimate Search 6 / BBNaija: Ilebaye Warns Bryann As They Clash (Video) / Chidi Mokeme Returns As Host Of Gulder Ultimate Search 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.