Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,366 members, 7,781,000 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:15 AM

Uncommon Table Manners - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Uncommon Table Manners (1859 Views)

Uncommon Yoruba Delicacies / Confess Your Bad Table Manners And That Of Others You Hate. / Table Manners/dining Etiquette (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uncommon Table Manners by Eve62(f): 10:06am On Aug 17, 2014
If you hear of table manners, d first thing that comes to your mind is '' dont talk while eating'' but seiously there is more to that. I will state some few ones i know and remember.

1. If your cuttlery falls down, dont pick it, simply ask for another one.

2. If you want to get something on the table and its closer to someone else, dont stretch your hand across the person, simply ask the person to pass it over to you.

3. Dont dip your bread into your tea. Take them separatly.

4. When drinking hot tea, dont drink from your teaspoon; its meant for stirring the tea. Stir your tea, blow it quietly and then sip.

5. When eating with tablespoon, dont fill up the spoon because it is not shovel. Make the spoon half-full so the grains dont fall off.

6. Irrespective of what you are eating, your mouth should not go to the food, instead, the food should come to your mouth.

7. We all know that bone marrow is good for your bones and teeth but when eating chicken, dont crack the bones in public.

8. When you want to sit in the dinning set, dont drag the dinning chair, it will be noisy, just support d chair at the back with one knee and pull.

Feel free to add urs.
Re: Uncommon Table Manners by ulaa(f): 10:18am On Aug 17, 2014
Hmmm! I don't think I can resist d temptation of cracking chicken bones, dat part of d table manners no be for me ooo

1 Like

Re: Uncommon Table Manners by Mutuwa(m): 10:28am On Aug 17, 2014
We seriously lack creativity in our art and literature that we imbibe "everything" including every "nonsense" the white man throws at us.will there ever be somethings "african" to us?
Btw a nice write up Op.
Re: Uncommon Table Manners by Eve62(f): 10:53am On Aug 17, 2014
ulaa: Hmmm! I don't think I can resist d temptation of cracking chicken bones, dat part of d table manners no be for me ooo

yea. Bt smtyms u find it very embarrassing. I as well dnt show mercy 2 d bones wen @ home
Re: Uncommon Table Manners by crowntoro(f): 6:05pm On Aug 17, 2014
i like taking my hot tea with spoon and I still deep bread inside teacheesy
Re: Uncommon Table Manners by Yazmin: 6:09pm On Aug 17, 2014
Never allow the food on your own part of the table be more expensive than that of the person you came with.
Especially when you are not the one paying the bills.

*fellow ladies take note....

1 Like

Re: Uncommon Table Manners by AGgal(f): 11:28pm On Aug 17, 2014
I do number 5 sometimes when I'm eating alone at home especially when I'm in a hurry.

I can't resist number 7 sorry.

1 Like

Re: Uncommon Table Manners by Eve62(f): 9:23am On Aug 18, 2014
AGgal: I do number 5 sometimes when I'm eating alone at home especially when I'm in a hurry.

I can't resist number 7 sorry.

number 7 is honestly tempting.
Re: Uncommon Table Manners by PrincessB1(f): 6:52pm On Aug 18, 2014
*Dont scoop all rice grain from the plate .....*dont talk with food in your mouth
Re: Uncommon Table Manners by Eve62(f): 12:29am On Aug 19, 2014
PrincessB1: *Dont scoop all rice grain from the plate .....*dont talk with food in your mouth

nice ones here. Thanks Princess
Re: Uncommon Table Manners by PrincessB1(f): 7:29am On Aug 19, 2014
Eve62:

nice ones here. Thanks Princess
You are welcomesmiley
Re: Uncommon Table Manners by Nobody: 11:43am On Aug 19, 2014
In Bart's voice “People only obey table manners when they ain't hungry at all”

Re: Uncommon Table Manners by Eve62(f): 5:27pm On Aug 19, 2014
Ceasar1: In Bart's voice “People only obey table manners when they ain't hungry at all”

haba! Those guys in ur pic were almost dying of hunger na. If u er eva that hungry, then it is allowed. ("whispers" dnt tell anybody i permitted u oo.)

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Is Beans Cake a.k.a. Akara Made Of red Oil Evil / No Eba, No Rice, No White Bread! So What Can I Eat? / Orijin Zero Non Alcoholic, Wats Ur Take On It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.